What's new

Nation Of Islam Member joins the discussion

Peace Unto the Ex Scientology Message Board,

I pray that you all are in good health and spirits.

My name is Barney Muhammad and I am a registered member of The Nation Of Islam under the Stewardship of Minister Louis Farrakhan.
I come in peace. I come to listen, and exchange civilized dialogue. I have been a personal companion of Brother Farrakhan for over thirty-
years and I also was a child hood best friend of Jesse Prince who, in my opinion, is one of the strongest advocates against violations, real or imagined, of the Church of Scientology. I find Jesse's charges credible and worthy of investigation as it relates to the COS. However, I am prepared to discuss
charges levied against Minister Farrakhan as it relates to the COS in the area's that I have knowledge, and where I don't have knowledge, I am willing to
ask Minister Farrakhan personally to address the matter and get an answer back to you, if possible.

We could learn much if we are willing to honestly exchange factual information. I know the hurt and pain of a tyranical organization and I have a reputation of one who fights tyranny where ever I find it, even if it rears it's ugly head in the N.O.I. - I am respected in most venues because I demand truth and right conduct.

Peace Unto You
In Service
Barney Muhammad

Gadfly

Crusader

My name is Barney Muhammad and I am a registered member of The Nation Of Islam under the Stewardship of Minister Louis Farrakhan.
I come in peace. I come to listen, and exchange civilized dialogue. I have been a personal companion of Brother Farrakhan for over thirty-
years and I also was a child hood best friend of Jesse Prince who, in my opinion, is one of the strongest advocates against violations, real or imagined, of the Church of Scientology. I find Jesse's charges credible and worthy of investigation as it relates to the COS. However, I am prepared to discuss charges levied against Minister Farrakhan as it relates to the COS in the area's that I have knowledge, and where I don't have knowledge, I am willing to ask Minister Farrakhan personally to address the matter and get an answer back to you, if possible.

We could learn much if we are willing to honestly exchange factual information. I know the hurt and pain of a tyranical organization and I have a reputation of one who fights tyranny where ever I find it, even if it rears it's ugly head in the N.O.I. - I am respected in most venues because I demand truth and right conduct.

Peace Unto You
In Service
Barney Muhammad

If you are actually real, and are not some sort of troll, then I suggest you read what real people with real experiences with the nasty Church of Scientology have to say here.

Combined there are probably many HUNDREDS of personal stories and many HUNDREDS of YEARS of combined experience with this tyrannical organization.

There isn't much we need to "exchange" and get from you or anyone else. We have been there, and we have seen it with our own eyes.

There are many intelligent, caring and honest people here who simply tell the truth about Hubbard and Scientology. What you will get from the Church of Scientology is endless PR, carefully orchestrated propaganda, lies, deceptions, phony claims, bogus statements, and misrepresentations of all sorts about many things. Hubbard fine-tuned the art of propaganda to a level never before seen on Earth. His Scientology organization is all about excessive control.

Fundamentally it is a manipulative, oppressive and very nasty group that ONLY considers its own survival as the ONLY primary concern. It will and often has hurt innocent people in the name of protecting its own image and interests. If there is a Devil, it talks and works through the Church of Scientology.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board Brother!! So happy you are hear. I must say, I was in the Church of Scientology during a time when some of the NOI people were coming into the smaller "churches" for services. We were told to never regg them or ask them to donate money - they were hands off - directed by David Miscavige.

My experience of the NOI people was very positive. Peaceful, loving and sincere mixed with innocence and trusting aura.

I feel very sad for the NOI people that are lead down the path to Scientology. I would ask Mr. F if he has read and researched everything he can about Scientology, L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige? Does he know where he is leading his people into when he "recommends" services to his people?

I believe he is interested in the study tech. Please ask him to google: Lisa McPherson, Maria Pia Gardini, Debbie Cook, Luis Garcia for starters.

If you are here out of concern for your people - please help them. They are getting involved in a very dangerous cult!! Help them get out and help your leader see the truth.

Do his homework - he is responsible for leading his sheep and it may be right over the cliff!! Thank you again for joining us.

Purple Rain

Crusader

years and I also was a child hood best friend of Jesse Prince who, in my opinion, is one of the strongest advocates against violations, real or imagined, of the Church of Scientology. I find Jesse's charges credible and worthy of investigation as it relates to the COS. However, I am prepared to discuss
charges levied against Minister Farrakhan as it relates to the COS in the area's that I have knowledge, and where I don't have knowledge, I am willing to
ask Minister Farrakhan personally to address the matter and get an answer back to you, if possible.

Peace Unto You
In Service
Barney Muhammad

It's wonderful to have you here, Barney. I am so pleased you are interested in having a discussion on some of these issues. I have been concerned about Scientology's invasion of the black community since I went to study at WSSU for spring semester last year. What I know of Scientology through my own experience, the experiences of my friends, and many people around the world who have suffered similar abuse just broke my heart that they had finally gotten around to targeting the black community.

As an Australian I did not know much about American history, and at Winston-Salem I learned the whole thing through the African American lens (or understandascope as sociologists would say). My feeling at the time was just, "Oh, no. These people have been through enough. Not this as well".

I can understand why Scientology would sound appealing to any group of people that have been marginalised and oppressed - they teach people to fight back, to be Fabian, and to take on much larger foes and sometimes win.

But you only have to look at the story of Mimi Faust to see what havoc Scientology will wreak on individual African American families, as they have done to white Anglo-Saxon protestants for the last five to six decades.

I hope you and other influential leaders will investigate these things really carefully. The happiness or misery of so many depend on it. There are many other ways to improve life for people that do not involve mind control and indentured servitude.

I wish you the very best,
Purple Rain

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Peace Unto You
In Service
Barney Muhammad

Welcome Barney, it's very good that you have joined us.

What specifically would you like to discuss?

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron

Peace Unto You
In Service
Barney Muhammad

Hi Barney, welcome! This is an extraordinary forum, and I have to say in my brief time here I've learned a great deal. You will definitely find honest debate here, but there is no "representative" or leader who speaks for the group, only a bunch of individuals with different experiences and ideas.

Respectfully, it sounds like you came for a specific reason, as you mentioned charges leveled at Minister Farrakhan. I'm wondering if you were directed to this site because of criticisms that may have been in the thread Scientology and the Black Community. My question is, what are the charges leveled against him? The tone of your post suggests that there has been misinformation that you would like to clear up. Without judgement, are you currently involved in Scientology, it's relationship with the Nation of Islam, and/or trying to clear up misperceptions, and if so, what are they?

Hope you're well,

XB

Crashed Alien

Patron with Honors

Peace Unto You
In Service
Barney Muhammad

Barney,

Welcome.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

As with any religion or cult, there are divided opinions, contradictions, very strong views both for and against.

There are people here claiming both good and bad experiences.

If I were you, I would hold my own council, look at a wide range of material and would include reading Dianetics.

I do not say this lightly. I have read the Bible and the Koran.

I have found that it is important to understand others. It is important to understand the organisations/churches that have been created as a result of religious/cult/philosophical writings.

I like to make informed decisions.

And I obviously have my own beliefs that are dear to me.

So, again, I wish you a warm welcome.

Crash

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Peace Unto You
In Service
Barney Muhammad

Yo, Barney, and :welcome2:
So, are you white, black, green, whatever, or something in between? ;)

Really, NOI is, as far as I could perceive, pretty much a "black" community - which is (again, as far as I could perceive), pretty much against a "community of humans", which would be what I would want to live with and stand for.

Ya know, I don't care whether someone's skin is white, red, green, blue, or purple with neon green polka dots. Having listened to some of Farakhan's speeches, I don't think he is on the same level with me, ya know?

I'd be glad if you could make him clarify that point. ;)

Cheers,

MrN

Purple Rain

Crusader
Barney,

Welcome.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

As with any religion or cult, there are divided opinions, contradictions, very strong views both for and against.

There are people here claiming both good and bad experiences.

If I were you, I would hold my own council, look at a wide range of material and would include reading Dianetics.

I do not say this lightly. I have read the Bible and the Koran.

I have found that it is important to understand others. It is important to understand the organisations/churches that have been created as a result of religious/cult/philosophical writings.

I like to make informed decisions.

And I obviously have my own beliefs that are dear to me.

So, again, I wish you a warm welcome.

Crash

Or if reading Dianetics is simply too excruciating, Tony Ortega is blogging a 1950 first edition here as an ongoing series:

Blogging Dianetics, Part 1: Vance Woodward Helps Us Parse L. Ron Hubbard’s Masterpiece
Blogging Dianetics, Part 2: The State of Clear!
Blogging Dianetics, part 3: The Meaning of Life!
Blogging Dianetics, part 4: Dynamically speaking
Blogging Dianetics, Part 5: Your Mind is a 1950s Computer
Blogging Dianetics, Part 6: Reactive Mind Games
Blogging Dianetics, Part 7: The Hard Cell
Blogging Dianetics, Part 8: The Demon Seed

It's quite fascinating!

Purple Rain

Crusader
Thanks Purple, these seem like the cliff notes of Dianetics or something. Which is great, because I couldn't make any sense of the real shit.

I actually did the Dianetics Seminar and found the instructions awful - very hard to follow in any logical sequence. That's not surprising, I guess, since the whole thing was written in a little over three weeks. They're not this bad though:

visitors-of-child-people.jpg

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I actually did the Dianetics Seminar and found the instructions awful - very hard to follow in any logical sequence. That's not surprising, I guess, since the whole thing was written in a little over three weeks. They're not this bad though:

visitors-of-child-people.jpg

Dianetics Seminar? What is that? I am curious.
I have never heard or read about any "Dianetics Seminar".

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mr. Muhammad,

Thank you for joining our group and our discussion.

I have a question. My understanding is that Minister Farrakhan and other Nation of Islam Officials have said that the Nation would be using as a tool only Dianetics. How is that consistent with the fact that:
1) The Nation is using and promoting Life Repair, which is a Scientology auditing (pastoral counseling) procedure, and not Dianetics?

2) The Nation is using, promoting and has incorporated into its lessons Study Technology, which is a technology of Scientology, and not Dianetics?

3) The Nation is using and promoting the Success Through Communication course, which is a Scientology course, and not part of Dianetics?

4) The Nation is using and promoting Scientology Marriage Counseling?

5) The Nation is promoting and selling the book Clear Body Clear Mind, a Scientology book?

6) A member of the Nation has joined staff at a Church of Scientology, specifically a Class V Org? How can a good Muslim who is a member of the Nation of Islam properly join a church, the Church of Scientology, that teaches a different theology, ethical rules, and has a different cosmology?

If you any doubt regarding the truth of facts above, please let me know and I can readily provide proof?

May peace be upon you,
CommunicatorIC

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Seriously? When were you in? I was in from late 1987 to early 1993.

m33tPWgMR3qW-9w27Nf0cyg.jpg

It was a Div 6 course. The black one was the course pack I had.

I was "in" for about 2 1/2 years and blew staff in Spring 1976 to go back to college.
I had been a Dianetics course sup at the Riverside Mission (among other things like HQS course sup and Comm Course sup).
I completed the Standard Dianetics Course Sup training at ASHO in the 1970s (while staying at The Manor in Hollywood).

It's news to me that it was ever made into a "seminar" (whatever that means).

But I am curious as to how that was different from what I did at ASHO.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I was "in" for about 2 1/2 years and blew staff in Spring 1976 to go back to college.
I had been a Dianetics course sup at the Riverside Mission (among other things like HQS course sup and Comm Course sup).
I completed the Standard Dianetics Course Sup training at ASHO in the 1970s (while staying at The Manor in Hollywood).

I don't know. It was one of the new releases when I was on staff. I think that's one reason I ended up doing it - we had to get the stats up after it was released. Since we had a 20-person field as discussed by Jenna Miscavige when she was sent there - we often had to cannibalise staff for stats since the field was more like old bones than raw meat. People where I come from are really not interested in Scientology - it's quite an economically conservative but morally progressive place where education levels are high. I guess it was like a Dianetics for Dummies course - and I still couldn't do it. Lol! Also, we did it over one day as I recall - or a weekend. I'm pretty sure my preclear never came back again.... :p

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Correction: completed Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course at the Mission and Course Sup training at ASHO.