What's new

Ex-Scientologists...help me out?!

goodinbf

Hey, everyone. I'm a sophomore in college and researching the community of Scientologists for an anthropological kind of English assignment. For this assignment, I would love to speak with both some members of the church and ex-members. If anyone would be willing to talk to me about your experiences and answer some questions for me, I would greatly appreciate it. We can do this via e-mail. Also, I may need to go to a church in order to get some information. Is this safe for me to do? Are there services like in a Christian or Catholic church, or do I need to make an appointment or something? I'm not exactly sure how it works. Thanks!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey, everyone. I'm a sophomore in college and researching the community of Scientologists for an anthropological kind of English assignment. For this assignment, I would love to speak with both some members of the church and ex-members. If anyone would be willing to talk to me about your experiences and answer some questions for me, I would greatly appreciate it. We can do this via e-mail. Also, I may need to go to a church in order to get some information. Is this safe for me to do? Are there services like in a Christian or Catholic church, or do I need to make an appointment or something? I'm not exactly sure how it works. Thanks!

You just asked this on another thread. Don't repeat threads. It annoys people.

Paul

Mojo

Silver Meritorious Patron

Dear Goodinbf,

Don't listen to Paul. Listen to me. Your eternal spiritual being is at stake. If you take a moment to answer the following questions we will know whether or not your eternal spiritual being is salvageable, by your discovering the Science of Scientology.

Do you have any money? (if so, how much?)
Do your parents have any money? (if so how much?)
Do your grandparents have any money? (if so how much?)
Do your siblings have any money? (if so how much?)
Do your children have any money? (if so how much?)

If you answered 'yes' to any of the questions above, how quickly can you get your hands on that money, say for example, all of it? (this is important data).

If you answered 'no' to any of the questions above, get lost. You are worthless (as a Spiritual Being) to the Church of Scientology. Where everybody wins.

Much love,

The Church

Gib

Crusader

Are you kidding?

No matter where you go, you will be HARD SOLD. All these people have the intention of getting you involved with whatever they promote via buildings, concepts, ideas, self help, etc.

The only safe space is a 7-11 store. Here's what we got, here's the price, Buy it or walk away. No reason to sell.
:roflmao::roflmao:

... The only safe space is a 7-11 store. Here's what we got, here's the price, Buy it or walk away. No reason to sell.
:roflmao::roflmao:

It's not nice to lie, on the other hand, if things get too sticky a person could always just casually mention that his brother-in-law is an FBI agent. That's likely to reduce the heat of a hard sell a bit. :whistling:

Mark A. Baker

You must be hard up for ideas.

Mojo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hey, everyone. I'm a sophomore in college and researching the community of Scientologists for an anthropological kind of English assignment. For this assignment, I would love to speak with both some members of the church and ex-members. #1.If anyone would be willing to talk to me about your experiences and answer some questions for me, I would greatly appreciate it. We can do this via e-mail. #2. Also, I may need to go to a church in order to get some information. Is this safe for me to do? #3. Are there services like in a Christian or Catholic church, #4. or do I need to make an appointment or something? I'm not exactly sure how it works. Thanks!

Ok goodinbf, I will attempt to provide a bit more serious answers for you. My first posted response to your thread was the fault of another member here that goes by the nick of Helluvahoax. I call him HH for 'short' (although he has a rather large psychological stature). In any event HH posts stuff that is down right damn funny, and well, sometimes I go into my own secret HH valence. Its all a part of the science of scientology thing.

#1. I am willing to talk about my experiences and answer some questions for you, however I would only do so via this forum in lieu of private emails. That's just my personal preference/standard.

#2. When you ask 'is it safe' for you to go to church I would suggest that depends on your definition of safe, and the context you are using the word in. For example, it is not likely you will be physically assaulted in any building of scientology (provided David Miscaviage is not in the area of that building at the same time you are). Psychologically speaking it may be a different story. It really depends on your own psychological stature, so to speak. If possessing personal power over other people, over the earth and over the entire cosmos is something that appeals to you, yes, your (psychological) long term safety may be in question. L. Ron Hubbard died in a terrible and otherwise undeniable degraded way, and he is the author of 'the science' of scientology. And not just a few 'ultimate-champions' of the science of scientology (i.e. OT's) have suffered similar saddening fates. You can google 'scientology and death' as a research project for yourself. Just be prepared as the facts are not food for the nimble hearted.

#3. There are no services like a christian or catholic church service in truth. However, along the 'acceptable-truth-doctrine' of the science of scientology, there are pretend services like christian or catholic church services. According to Ron they are merely facades for the 'tax solicitors'. You can google that also, as another research project.

#4. No, you do not need to make an appointment. Just prepare to be love-bombed when you first appear in the world of the science of scientology. And be prepared to be, um, ur, uh, how shall we say, 'encouraged' to take a personality test, so your present 'ruin' can be discovered, for you, and the barriers to fixing that ruin (your money) can be removed from you, to, well, fix you.

Hope that helps.

Good luck,
Mojo