What's new

Jenna Miscavige Hill Interview

AnonKat

Crusader
Jenna Miscavige is in Amsterdam, at least yesterday she was on Dutch television. I can't find the clip of that yet, but here she is in an earlier interview. Update, found it !

[video=youtube;-vS8bMmXciM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vS8bMmXciM[/video]

The vail of secrecy is lifted in this interview by the neice of the organization's leader! Don't miss Jenna's poignant message to him and other Scientologists.

[video=youtube;Tp0FP-MoI6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp0FP-MoI6g[/video]

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
I think someone should turn her book or Marc Headley's book into a movie. Good action, good suspense...I'd pay to see that.

(P.S. is it just me, or does the guy in the second video sound drunk?)

Gib

Crusader
Jenna Miscavige is in Amsterdam, at least yesterday she was on Dutch television. I can't find the clip of that yet, but here she is in an earlier interview. Update, found it !

Fantastic.

Way to go Jenna. I love your response to the question at 2:45 into the second video. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
That Amsterdam interview is done very well, with Jenna roaming the streets in the same city where Anne Frank hid with her family, from another cult which wanted to rule the world.

Rather than the vague message of a celebrity like Alley or Cruise, Jenna's life was Scientology and I think because she chose love and having kids (and actually raising them) over becoming a sales robot or head of the OSA, or something like that, she was able to see exactly what Scientology is in its purest form. That is, it indentures you to a work detail for life under the pretense of "saving the planet" but is really about total control, for raking in money and getting "bodies in the shop."

It's not "us" -- elite beings who "know" thanks to a pill-popping science fiction writer -- against them, the wog world. Instead it's about sharing our stories and understanding the experiences of others, not keeping secrets. We're all connected by our experiences.

Jenna speaks like a person who has shed that LRH yoke, and feels the freedom of NOT trying to make sense of his horseshit in the way of applying it to her every thought and action, as well as not having to worry about knowledge reports being filed on her or living under a system of complete control. She speaks her own truth, and I'm grateful that she has the strength and conviction to do it as it is going to help a lot of people understand what really goes on.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Well thank Jenna, she's a trooper and today she was in an article in a widely spread free newspaper in my country.

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/4/AM...03/22/Scientology-Amsterdam-failing-org.dhtml

Improved google translation said:
The Church of Scientology in Amsterdam is known at the headquarters of the cult in Los Angeles as a small and failing org, an "SFO".

That says Jenna Miscavige, niece of Scientology leader David Miscavige. She was in Amsterdam this week to promote the book “Blind geloof” [literally translated Blind Faith, English title “Beyond belief”, TrevAnon], on her retirement from the pseudo religion.

"A small and failing org has problems such as paying the rent and hardly increases in the number of members", Miscavige says. Foreign Scientology organizations, she says, should cede ten percent of their profits (from course fees and donations) to the mother church. "But Amsterdam doesn't deliver that because they are not solvent." [TrevAnon: it was my understanding orgs must cede ten percent of their turnover, not their profit. This may be a glitch by the journalist.]

Scientology Amsterdam had a few times problems paying the rent of the building to the Nieuwezijdsvoorburgwal. The organization wants to buy a huge complex in Amsterdam Nieuw West, but the financing falters because this newspaper last year laid bare the fiscal shortcut the cult used.

Read more in today's Parool.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Ik moet toch de introducties van nieuwe leden beter gaan bijhouden... :biggrin:

Leuk om iemand uit Nederland hier te ontmoeten. :)

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
The Amsterdam, Netherlands, base of Church of Scientology is referred to by the cult’s head office in Los Angeles as and SFO — a small and failing org, Jenna Miscavige tells local daily Het Parool.

Miscavige, niece of Scientology’s current cult leader David Miscavige, is in Amsterdam to promote her book, Blind Geloof — the Dutch translation of Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape.

More at link

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/27135/scientology-amsterdam-a-small-and-failing-org

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Jenna had interviews with some other Dutch papers also for the promotion of her book. The Spitsnieuws interview is now online at http://www.spitsnieuws.nl/archives/entertainment/2013/03/uit-de-ban-van-het-kwaad

Escape from the spell of evil

She grew up in the Church of Scientology. But once mature Jenna Miscavige Hill tore herself loose from this sect. In her book Blind Faith the 29-year-old exposes the American organization. "Tom Cruise should know that Scientology represents evil."

If only she can rescue a few people out of the hands of Scientology or prevent any new members to sign up, then her book already succeeded, Jenna Miscavige Hill sighs in a fancy hotel on the canals of Amsterdam. Until only a few years ago Hill, a niece of Scientology leader David Miscavige Hill, belonged to the top of this mysterious American sect. "If I can do something good with this horrible part of my life, it has still been useful."

You grew up in the Church of Scientology. How was that?

"My parents were at the Sea Org. This is the top in the Scientology hierarchy. When I was six I was removed from them and placed in a children's camp. After that I saw them sometimes once a month. In the camp we were trained to lead the sect later. We were subjected to a military regime, complete with uniforms, dormitories, appeal in the morning in straight rows and inspections. On my thirteenth I had to confess my entire sexual history. You could also snitchers that indicated you when you had done something wrong. That was all filed. And if didn't betrayed yourself, you could also be snitched for that. You never knew who was your friend. All was designed to humiliate and frighten you. Because with that they control and that is what Scientology eventually wants: power over people. "

What were your days like?

"We had to lug heavy stones. That was good for us, we were told. You must understand that in Scientology terms children do not exist. We were, we were led to believe, billions of years old souls in children's bodies. Hard work, the bad things and trauma purify our souls. Except for a little math and language we hardly got any education, because that would only pollute. "

How did you get out?

"When I was twenty I first came into contact with non-believers, when I was in Australia at Scientology there. They watched me less closely and I could watch television for the first time. It turned out that these "outsiders" were not as bad as I was told always. In addition, I realized what I would have to be missing when a friend of mine got a baby. As a member of Scientology you can not have children. Then I decided to quit. "

Wasn't that hard?

"Enormous. You must confess first, because leaving the church is seen as something really bad. For that I was attached to an E-meter, a Scientology invention. That is a kind of fake lie detector that supposedly reveals your true feelings. When you do not know any better, such a thing makes an impression. There was also tremendous pressure exerted on me. For example, they threatened to tell to my parents all my sexual details from those files. But when they realized I really was going to get out I had to sign a contract, in which I assured I would keep all the secrets of the church. Once in 2008 when I was gone, I even was followed for months by the Office of Special Affairs, the OSA, their intelligence service. Sometimes they even came with a helicopter, just to the show off force. And they said to the parents of my husband, who was also in Scientology, that we were terrorists."

You got out together?

"Yes, and we were not prepared for the outside world. We had learned nothing: we hardly knew what the Internet was, had no education, never learnt to drive. And all the people we knew, were in Scientology. That is why it is so difficult to leave: it's your world, it's all you know. Many people have also put their entire fortune into it and had to have a second mortgage."

You think Scientologists like Tom Cruise also know about all this?

"No. Celebrities like he or John Travolta never get to see this dark. It is carefully kept away. They, as 'celebrity apostles', are given special treatment because they are so important for the image of the church. They have such luxurious reception centers with a private entrance. Scientology has put software on their computers that filters out all websites with critical stories. And if Tom Cruise might get to see such stories and he would ask about it, my uncle dismisses them as lies. At that my uncle is good at, because except for a power hungry dictator, he is also very charming. "

What would you like to tell him? [Tom Cruise is meant, not DM, Trevanon]

"That he has a moral responsibility, and that if you adhere to Scientology, you should know that it is a destructive, dangerous, bad religion. And it will collapse with a thunderous roar. Despite their enormous fortune and armies of lawyers. It's a good thing there are fewer people signing up, and there are leaving more and more members thanks to the openness of the Internet. Scientology is shrinking. They say they have millions of followers worldwide, but I think there are 60,000 members at most."

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Now Dutch paper Trouw picks up the story.

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/5097/Spir...03/25/Scientology-Nederlandse-tak-faalt.dhtml

The Church of Scientology considers its Dutch branch as a problem child, a 'failing org'. Amsterdam falls into the category that doesn't collect enough money and is struggling with a shrinking membership.

This is said by Jenna Miscavige-Hill, the recently retired niece of international Scientology leader David Miscavige, in Parool. Recently her memoirs were published , in which she tells how she grew up among others in the church and how all contact with the outside world was forbidden.

Scientologists base themselves on the theory that the American founder L. Ron Hubbard from the 50s put in writing. Central to the idea that people can free themselves from negative memories through repeated treating with some kind of lie detector. The Church claims that it has 10 million members worldwide, but independent evidence for this is lacking. Estimates of outsiders normally range from tens of thousands to a few hundred thousand.

The Dutch branch, established in 1972, has to pay the U.S. headquarters ten percent of the income according to Miscavige-Hill. Amsterdam doesn't do this because there is not enough money coming in.

Last summer, the organization was already reprimanded by the Dutch IRS when it turned out that they had a fiscal shortcut. The Dutch headquarters is still on the Oudezijds Voorburgwal, but the church hopes to eventually move to a building in the district Nieuw West. It is unclear whether they have enough money for this.

Looks like a well orchestrated publicity campaign to me.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Trouw did an addition. After
The Dutch branch, established in 1972, has to pay the U.S. headquarters ten percent of the income according to Miscavige-Hill. Amsterdam doesn't do this because there is not enough money coming in.

They now have:
Internal documents suggest that Scientology has hundreds of Dutch members.

By the way, it is not clear on what she [=Jenna, TrevAnon] relies: she was on a high rank during her time in the Scientology church, but was not herself responsible for international governance issues. The spokeswoman of the Dutch church says not to be aware of the 'failing org' status. If Miscavige-Hills all information is correct, according to Scientology, at least it is outdated.

I guess Trouw checked up with the org.