What's new

Reconnecting Disconnections

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Umm... yeah. But Ron is dead. Other people are carrying out actions perhaps based on his words, or at least exploiting them, but the people carrying out or planning those actions are the ones to address, just like you'd break any drug cartel or mafia. Catch the low-level dudes committing a crime, and get them to roll over on their leaders. Build your case, get an agent in, get the evidence, and nail as many as you can, hopefully enough to destroy the whole organization.

You're still missing the point. Scientology isn't a collection of unrelated crimes and abuses; it's a criminal conspiracy with a systematically criminal and abusive pattern of behavior based on a *mandate* to be so.

Certainly individuals might be and can be and have been prosecuted for their individual abuses, but Scientology itself is behind those crimes and abuses and must itself be addressed.

The organisation itself needs to be prosecuted to stop the criminality.

As to 'getting infiltrators in'; considering the nature of the recruitment, the paranoia inherent in the organization and the long years of 'service' necessary to rising to a 'management rank', I doubt seriously that there are any 'infiltrators' there. It's just not likely or as easy as, say, infiltrating the 'Mafia'.

But, arresting the 'lower rung' criminals and 'getting them to roll over on the upper criminals'?

Don't make me laugh. One of the primary advantages to a criminal conspiracy, especially one so rigidly controlled and hierarchical as Scientology is that, for every 'stoolie', there are a thousand 'members' willing to commit obstruction of justice, perjury and witness tampering to balance it out.

Yes, prosecute the individuals, but also, prosecute the organization. Thankfully, there are now any number of 'higher ups' who could serve as witnesses against the organization *and* its management. Mike Rinder comes to mind. As a witness against the *organization*, not only Davey and his henchmen.

Zinj

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't miss your point. Your point really has little to do with Hubbard, although it would have in 1986 or earlier.

You may be right about methods to kill the organization.

Where, o where, is Mike Rinder?

riptide

Patron with Honors
You're still missing the point. Scientology isn't a collection of unrelated crimes and abuses; it's a criminal conspiracy with a systematically criminal and abusive pattern of behavior based on a *mandate* to be so.
Zinj

Exactly. So in order to devise a strategy for eliminating a disease, you need to discover, identify and isolate the source. As Zinj has pointed out, you can shoot as many "messengers" as you want-but they will still keep coming.

By widely exposing the influenza, the source, you correctly assign cause.
Assign cause or responsibility and point your attack starting there.

The reason why I even take the time to respond here is for the benefit of others. I found for me it was a key step in unindoctrinating myself, digging myself OUT of the mindset by sorting out what was valuable and what was NOT of Hubbards writings. Scientologists each have to walk this road.

It's a twisty dark road that has lots of well engineered dead ends and logic de-railing points to it.

Anyway, Hubbards being dead is of no consequence here. His writings and influence live on and THAT is the point of attack. Makes sense? If not, it's fine. Either way we're glad to have you onboard helping. Peace.

number 6

Patron
Anyone here live in the San Francisco Bay Area? PM me, Skype me, or email me your story or if you want to speak on April 12th. Tommy Gorman is working with a few anonymous to set up a huge speaker at the protest, so that everybody can here what we have to say.