What's new

What about an International Independence day?

Dear Reader,

I am garrulous here, so skip it for now if you are in a hurry.

I was thrown out of the official Scientology "Church" in March 1983.

I wandered "lonely as a cloud" (no contact with Scientologists) until the 15th of June (again 1983), when through my letter box came a rather thick letter, pages badly photo-copied typewritten with a written signature at the bottom that looked like "Dane Tops".

It told a rather amazing (to me), if complex, story. It told something of what went wrong with the "Church" and told that there were many who had left or been thrown out and who were delivering and talking about Scientology data, philosophy and auditing, outside of the "Church".

Since that time – and it was 30 years ago, I have grown an enourmous amount, both spiritually and casewise, and (I guess) philosophically and I have contacted lots of people over the world, with very good ARC (meaning understanding and friendliness).

I am very pleased with this, and I expect some 30 or so of my friends and acquaintances in the Copenhagen area to join me in a (very informal) celebration of 30 years of Scientology Freedom, at two friends (a married couple) house. It will probably be something like they did for me when I had my 80th birthday – another friend composed a bit of music around a family whistle theme, and seven or so friends played it on various instruments, and apart from that the afternoon and evening was just refreshments and individual chat amongst old or new friends.

I am happy about that. In my "post Church days" I have collected more friends and acquaintances than while I was in the Church.

But it caused me to wonder about the wider world. Of the sort of people who read this and similar Bulletin Boards, Forums and lists. We are all different. Most of us have escaped somehow from the "Church", but our experiences have been different, and what (if anything) we have rescued out of the mess is different, person to person. And (shadows of the dreaded service fac) some of us (I wonder if there are exceptions) might tend to argue over different things we consider right, and others, in the same boat of being free from "Church" domination, think are wrong. It can begin to look a little like a fight.

But we do have this thing in common. We are not dominated and suppressed by the "Church". That is something we agree on. That is something which we can go into ARC (and up toneness) over.

I know there have been yearly independence (from the "Church") celebrations in the USA.

I am wondering if it is possible (and a good idea) to start such a day world wide. Something that has wide, interdenominational, agreement. Like April Fool's Day.

What do you think?

Worth bothering about?

Worth arguing about? ( :) )

It needs a name. A name that would communicate both to us who (most of us) have been liberated, and to those (friends, workmates) who know little or nothing about Scientology.

What about Scientology Fools Day? Of course we no longer are fools, but some of us at least would admit that we were a bit of a fool - before liberation :) .

And when should we celebrate it? In the USA what they had (and may still have - I am not in too good communication with the main body of Ex/Free-Scientologists) was done on a public holiday – a nation wide public holiday. But there are no world wide public holidays we could use (to my knowledge).

It is quite a coincidence that this year the anniversary of my receiving the Dane Tops letter (June 15th) is a Saturday – other years it would be a weekday. I don't know what would be the best world wide day. My suggestion would be the middle Saturday in June. But maybe there is a more significant or relevant day.

I am going to post this, in about three places. I have not cultivated very good comm lines in the free of Scientology Church World (I can remember the day when there were only two Internet places for communication on Ex/Free Scientology – I have a long grey beard).

If you think this idea is any good – perhaps you would like to post this to other places you know of – relevant please, not the Hindu Homosexual Single Parent with Alzheimers Cat Lovers Association Internet Forum.

I have weighed my words carefully, so you can publish the whole, there is nothing here I want hidden. You can also publish my email address: [email protected] - I have found that when I publish my address very few use it (except a few Spammers, and I have been immunized against them) :) .

All best wishes,

Ant.

P.S. By the way, generally speaking, communication is a good idea.

Veda

Sponsor

Dear Reader,

I am garrulous here, so skip it for now if you are in a hurry.

I was thrown out of the official Scientology "Church" in March 1983.

I wandered "lonely as a cloud" (no contact with Scientologists) until the 15th of June (again 1983), when through my letter box came a rather thick letter, pages badly photo-copied typewritten with a written signature at the bottom that looked like "Dane Tops".

It told a rather amazing (to me), if complex, story. It told something of what went wrong with the "Church" and told that there were many who had left or been thrown out and who were delivering and talking about Scientology data, philosophy and auditing, outside of the "Church".

Since that time – and it was 30 years ago, I have grown an enourmous amount, both spiritually and casewise, and (I guess) philosophically and I have contacted lots of people over the world, with very good ARC (meaning understanding and friendliness).

I am very pleased with this, and I expect some 30 or so of my friends and acquaintances in the Copenhagen area to join me in a (very informal) celebration of 30 years of Scientology Freedom, at two friends (a married couple) house. It will probably be something like they did for me when I had my 80th birthday – another friend composed a bit of music around a family whistle theme, and seven or so friends played it on various instruments, and apart from that the afternoon and evening was just refreshments and individual chat amongst old or new friends.

I am happy about that. In my "post Church days" I have collected more friends and acquaintances than while I was in the Church.

But it caused me to wonder about the wider world. Of the sort of people who read this and similar Bulletin Boards, Forums and lists. We are all different. Most of us have escaped somehow from the "Church", but our experiences have been different, and what (if anything) we have rescued out of the mess is different, person to person. And (shadows of the dreaded service fac) some of us (I wonder if there are exceptions) might tend to argue over different things we consider right, and others, in the same boat of being free from "Church" domination, think are wrong. It can begin to look a little like a fight.

But we do have this thing in common. We are not dominated and suppressed by the "Church". That is something we agree on. That is something which we can go into ARC (and up toneness) over.

I know there have been yearly independence (from the "Church") celebrations in the USA.

I am wondering if it is possible (and a good idea) to start such a day world wide. Something that has wide, interdenominational, agreement. Like April Fool's Day.

What do you think?

Worth bothering about?

Worth arguing about? ( :) )

It needs a name. A name that would communicate both to us who (most of us) have been liberated, and to those (friends, workmates) who know little or nothing about Scientology.

What about Scientology Fools Day? Of course we no longer are fools, but some of us at least would admit that we were a bit of a fool - before liberation :) .

And when should we celebrate it? In the USA what they had (and may still have - I am not in too good communication with the main body of Ex/Free-Scientologists) was done on a public holiday – a nation wide public holiday. But there are no world wide public holidays we could use (to my knowledge).

It is quite a coincidence that this year the anniversary of my receiving the Dane Tops letter (June 15th) is a Saturday – other years it would be a weekday. I don't know what would be the best world wide day. My suggestion would be the middle Saturday in June. But maybe there is a more significant or relevant day.

I am going to post this, in about three places. I have not cultivated very good comm lines in the free of Scientology Church World (I can remember the day when there were only two Internet places for communication on Ex/Free Scientology – I have a long grey beard).

If you think this idea is any good – perhaps you would like to post this to other places you know of – relevant please, not the Hindu Homosexual Single Parent with Alzheimers Cat Lovers Association Internet Forum.

I have weighed my words carefully, so you can publish the whole, there is nothing here I want hidden. You can also publish my email address: [email protected] - I have found that when I publish my address very few use it (except a few Spammers, and I have been immunized against them) :) .

All best wishes,

Ant.

P.S. By the way, generally speaking, communication is a good idea.

You could have an International Independent Auditors Day, while emphasizing that auditing, in Scientology, begins mainly as benignly asking the person to look at his environment and at his mind, but that the nature of auditing changes the further one goes into Scientology.

By the time one reaches the confidential levels one is being told more than he is being asked, and the procedures become increasingly suggestive, some would say hypnotic.

It could be explained that this violated the Auditors Code.

This would accomplish the disseminating of the idea of basic auditing, while also alerting others that the word "auditing," in Scientology, has multiple meanings, and that that auditing, as initially described, is the opposite of what it becomes as one enters the confidential "upper" parts.

In effect, one would be promoting the positive or "white" aspect of auditing, while also letting others know - as a kind of warning label - about the dark side, not only of Scientology over-all, but of auditing also.

One sensitive area would be pointing out that it was L. Ron Hubbard who designed it this way.

The idea would be to do this in the fewest possible words, and as diplomatically as possible, while at the same time telling it like it is.

A few will be offended, but many will be grateful for the information.

Just an idea. :)

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
Think for Yourself Day

Beatles' song "..........Do what you want to do
And go where you're going too
Think for yourself............"

3,280,000 entries in Google for the exact phrase

Re: What about an International Independence Day?

Comment was:
Thanks.

Made me think, and remember a few things.

So I am going into garrulous mode.

In the 1950s Ron did research on what he called the Rock. You'll find it in the Red Volumes (the pre Miscavige ones any way) - I found a date 29th July 1958 (I did some work on the making of those volumes and I know there was enormous care taken to see that Ron's words were duplicated exactly, as was the case with his earlier works). The idea at the time was that the Rock was the most basic aberration. I worked in the weekends as Upper Indoc Instructor, and weekdays as Shipping, memberships and Tape Library, London at the time, and the verbal (rumour) information was that at one point, when searching for the rock someone stood on each side of the preclear to stop him/her blowing. So strong was the charge.

A little later, October 58, Ron held the 5th London ACC (I became Director of Training, mainly because the real director of Training wanted to go on the ACC). The London Org hired an extra building (7, Fitzroy Street) to house the ACC, and I and the Academy were on the top floors of that building (which had a large hall that the ACC used). That ACC ran engram running by Scientology. We were told there were four commands but I think the only one run was "What part of that incident could you confront?". My point here was that the incident run was supposed to be the heaviest incident on the case. I can remember there was a certain amount of noise when the auditing took place. Material from that ACC appeared in the book Have You Lived Before this Life. If you have not seen it, take a look at that book, and judge for yourself how successful the method of auditing was. My first edition has names and addresses, and in some cases, telephone numbers of 59 "therapist who took part in this experiment". Read some of the accounts and make your judgement of how successful that approach of looking for the heaviest incident on the case first was. I read sometime later on the Internet that many of the participants later denied that they had gone "past life", and no names were published in later editions, so far as I know.

The last thing Veda's message jogged in my memory was much later, in the 70s. I was still a loyal "Church" member then, but working mostly outside the org. I did get auditing, etc., in the "Church" and got some of the gossip. I heard about something called SRA, which stood for Severe Reality Adjustment, something (we understood) that was being experimented with in the Sea Org. What I understood was that gradients were ignored. You forced on somebody a reality which was far from theirs.

Those three things are examples of ignoring what I regard as a very important datum ion Scientology: the idea of a gradient scale.

In effect, one would be promoting the positive or "white" aspect of auditing, while also letting others know - as a kind of warning label - about the dark side, not only of Scientology over-all, but of auditing also

Veda's comments are very interesting. In my opinion s/he is aiming to create a far greater effect than I am.

I am aiming at something world wide, and covering everyone who has had a connection to the "Church" and my aim is not to change anybodies mind, certainly not to alienate any of them as I have a fellow feeling for all who have been effect of the cult. The aim is to increase communication amongst us with a similar background. Bring up the ARC. With increased ARC small miracles happen, sort of spontaneously.

I am still in the garrulous mode. In 1957 I spent six months teaching a new set of "raw" students every week a few basics of Scientology, including ARC and going into detail about its components. And it was not a dry lecture, repeated every week with the same example, like a gramophone record. It was what was known as teaching by agreement, where, with a small group of 5 to fifteen, the instructor sought after each students reality, and for example, when a definition or example was given, one asked another student if they agreed, and got them to give their reality. We also gave the students home work (to be done by the next evening!) like; "Use ARC to get someone to do something for you". I learned an awful lot about reality, and using communication. And I have the rather unfortunate service faccy opinion that most people don't really understand ARC and its components.

So my opinion is that if you can get diverse former slaves of the "church" (and friends, or fellow travelers, the term used when there was a greater fear of "communists and fellow travelers" than there is now :) ) - get them in communication (whether it be direct, or by Skype or telepathy) and getting them into communication in a relaxed atmosphere, small miracles will happen, including being more self-determined about Scientology data and myths.

A few will be offended, but many will be grateful for the information.

Just an idea. :)

:protest:

No. Keep it simple. No preaching or trying to convince people they are wrong in one way or another. Make, once a year, a friendly, healing environment, where people can increase in ARC with one another, and grow. Let them experience the magic of one of the basic Scientology principles (in my opinion) and grow a little in self determinism. Let them relax, talk, exchange views, and develop an ability which often was impaired in the "Church"; the ability to think for oneself.

All best wishes,

Ant

Keep it simple.
Ant

Umm! it is not very simple when I get into garrulous mode :no:

Lowest common denominator or highest common reality: escaped from Scientology "Church" (friends welcome, though).

Communicate on that basis.

Agree on a day in the year to mark (celebrate) it (that's a tough one).

Some sort of agreement on a name (also a tough one)

Activity (apart from refreshments, outings and nice MESTy things) communicate, positive friendly communication.

Impossible task to get that going world wide, even for a single OT.

So lets get a wide team effort going. Pass the message on. (you can give the link to here: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?31345-What-about-an-International-Independence-day)

All best wishes,

Ant

RogerB

Crusader
Ant,

You are quite right on all points, as usual! :biggrin:

I LOVE that April Fool's Day touch!

Maybe we could call the day of celebrating our escape form the cult . . .

The We Wuz Fooled Day! :)

I mean it was a con job we wuz sold . . . even though many got gains from our participation . . . we wuz fooled by a con man!

Summer cum June seems a right time because it is the northern hemisphere summer . . . and winters downnuda will typically give them the same sort of day that we will have in June.

Good to see that 80 year old brain working so well, Ant:p

Rog

I LOVE that April Fool's Day touch!
The We Wuz Fooled Day! :)...

Rog

Many thanks, Rog - Yes, lets keep it light and out of the disagreement/fight area.

I got a private letter that suggested EMANCIPATION DAY, and also asked when I intend to celebrate. I am an old man, though by no means decrepit. I have no intention of masterminding (or anything like what is called in Denmark, translated, Top Steering) any new international thing.

We have a playing field here of (with the help of others passing the message on) hundreds.

I just threw a ball in the air over this playing field.

Guess what I am doing now? .... Walking with firm steps over to the spectator gallery to see what happens.

As Roger duplicates every time he writes: "Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate! ". So I am going to enjoy the fun - from the spectator gallery.

All best wishes.

Ant

P.S. I'm beginning to wonder if I have not had sufficient word clearing on the book How to Start a Grass Roots Movement.
Or maybe I ought to join anonymous and see how they do it. Don't wait for a leader. Contact one or more fellow travelers on the 15th June or any other day, and say you are celebrating We Wuz Fooled Day and how is the weather where they are, or any other curious and friendly communication. Paraphrasing (badly, no doubt) what I think Ron said: "Life teaches us not to communicate and it's the wrong lesson".

Last edited: