What's new

On behalf of my friend, Anonycat

Anonycat

Crusader
Not to oppose what is happening here, but to maybe give the mother's side. - which in turn, might lead to a better understanding of how to approach her, even with legal action pending.

snipped story

My point is child raising is heavy time and money commitment. If you want the mother's help, you might aid her, where she needs help. Whether she asks or not. She can count the money in her wallet. She knows who is going to be dropping him at that pick up basketball game, at the movies with his friends, getting his braces adjusted. All of those things take time and money.

I'm sorry if this comes across as Mr. Asshole, but there are no free rides. If you want the boy's love in thirty years, it may be what you do (or don't do ) now, not anything your kid's mom does.

I'm not okay with revealing her foibles here. If you really want to know, PM me. I have always used summer vacations together to buy him new clothes, shoes, back-to-school supplies. I have made sure he has a good computer in the house, etc. A year ago Christmas I got him a computer and a good cam to go with it, so we could Skype and e-mail, and I made him his own e-mail account. He got to use it once for Skype. Also, he's not allowed to go online, so I have never gotten an e-mail from him. That Christmas his mother said he wanted a drum set, so I researched, shared my choice with her in advance, and when he got it, he wasn't allowed to set it up. The drums set has not been used to this day, a year and a half later. That's about as far as I'll go, because none of it is nice. I wish that was not so, but that's how it is.

Anonycat

Crusader
Doctor Watson is back on the scene. The direct donations are:

Free to Shine: $20
SecretiveOldfag: $150
Doctor Watson: $100

Doctor Watson has transferred these donations into their bank account, so that they can be "donated" by Doctor Watson on the donation page. This will keep the correct amount of total donations visible to all, and the goal amount vs. donations up-to-date and correct.

PayPal says it will show in a day or two, then it will all (the total) be donated onto the GoFundMe page.

Thank you, FTS, Soffy, and Watson!
<3 <3 <3!

:thankyou:

Anonycat

Crusader
You are a good bumper, Lurker5! It's also really nice to see the total progressing along. Are there any updates to the legal situation, Anonycat?

I am currently speaking to another attorney, and one of the community here is trying to connect me with a paralegal in the state of residence. I hope to have more in the coming days.

Anonycat

Crusader
Little update: Tikk suggested that I file a paternity action in California and have her served where she is, but just now I spoke to CarmeloOrchard's lawyer friend here, and he said that the jurisdiction would be in OR. (as I have been told by other Family Law attorneys), so it looks like I will continue doing what I have been - securing services in Oregon.

Anonycat

Crusader
Big update: I found my match with a lawyer. The Goal will be changed sometime today by Doctor Watson (who has temporarily fallen behind on the changes), and the new Goal is $2,000 for the retainer, not $5k. Woo-hoo!

Edit: when this is done, I will probably thank him here, since I have a really good feeling that he's one of the good ones, and deserves to be recognized. :)

Last edited:

Doctor Watson

Re: On behalf of my friend, Anonycat - shout out and update

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your support. I would like to give a shout out to the following people who recently donated.

Free to Shine - $20 (Australian)
Secretive Old Fag - $150 (100 pounds)
Doctor Watson - $100 (USD) - sorry to toot my own horn here.

Love and Peace,

Doctor Watson

Purple Rain

Crusader
Big update: I found my match with a lawyer. The Goal will be changed sometime today by Doctor Watson (who has temporarily fallen behind on the changes), and the new Goal is $2,000 for the retainer, not $5k. Woo-hoo!

Edit: when this is done, I will probably thank him here, since I have a really good feeling that he's one of the good ones, and deserves to be recognized. :)

:woohoo: Hooray! Wonderful news!! That means we're more than half way to the goal!

Free Being Me

Crusader

:woohoo: Hooray! Wonderful news!! That means we're more than half way to the goal!

:) :biggrin: :thumbsup: :clap: :happydance: :grouphug: :party:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
As I said to Anonycat in chat a few moments ago, if another $150 is donated I will cover the remainder of the $2000 retainer.

Purple Rain

Crusader
As I said to Anonycat in chat a few moments ago, if another $150 is donated I will cover the remainder of the $2000 retainer.

Programmer_guy you are mind-bogglingly awesome! I can't do the whole $150 at this stage, but would be willing to cover up to $50 of it if two other people would go in with me perhaps.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Whoever just donated the $150, I just have to tell you I love you! That gesture means so much more than the monetary value, which is also generous - but to open the door for the target to be met is amazing - and programmer_guy the same thing goes for you. If I was in a foxhole somewhere I would want to be in it with people like you and like my beautiful friend Karen who helped find Anonycat's son and all the other people both known and anonymous who donated to this.

I think I might have to cry now.

Whoever you are, thank you so much.

Anonycat

Crusader
Whoever just donated the $150, I just have to tell you I love you! That gesture means so much more than the monetary value, which is also generous - but to open the door for the target to be met is amazing - and programmer_guy the same thing goes for you. If I was in a foxhole somewhere I would want to be in it with people like you and like my beautiful friend Karen who helped find Anonycat's son and all the other people both known and anonymous who donated to this.

I think I might have to cry now.

Whoever you are, thank you so much.

My feelings exactly.

Anonycat

Crusader
I think that we are done with the money part of this item for now.
The target is met.

I think it's a little over the goal! Thank you, programmer_guy, you donated about half of the total. Your generosity is mindblowing and I will feel left out if I can't do something for you in kind. Thank you. I'm thinking that I can pay the retainer next week, and post the dox less personal information.

<3,
Anonycat