What's new

Narconon drug rehab warehousing hundreds of addicts

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
Narconon drug rehab warehousing hundreds of addicts

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=10578

WireService.ca Media Release - 06/21/2013 By David Edgar Love

When I spoke to Melanie Alsager from Sunshine Coast Health Center in British Columbia tonight, she said; "I cannot even imagine having hundreds of addicts in one drug rehab, such as Narconon."

Earlier today, Narconon Freedom Center in Michigan announced their new renovations were complete and could handle a capacity of 100 addicts at a time. Also bragging of a 70% success rate raised several 'red flags' as to their credibility.

According to Melanie from Sunshine Coast Health Center, reputable centers and safe drug treatment involves having a ratio of 9 clients to one 'credentialed' counsellor or therapist, with degrees and certificates in addiction and mental illness. Melanie said that up to 90% of women entering treatment often suffer from traumatic experiences of sexual abuse and eating disorders.

Melanie insisted each client should see a qualified physician at least once per week on an ongoing basis. "It's hard to understand how Narconon is allowed to remain in business considering their lack of psychiatrists, physicians, and credentialed staff to care for clients," she said this evening.

Psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies are Scientology's worst enemy and often wage vicious attack campaigns against them. Prescribed medications are taken away from Narconon clients, resulting in many documented attempted suicides.

MORE HERE:
http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=10578

Intelligence

EXAMINER: Narconon Freedom Center warehousing drug addicts

Narconon Freedom Center warehousing drug addicts

http://www.examiner.com/article/narconon-freedom-center-warehousing-drug-addicts

The Scientology’s drug rehab network is once again facing scrutiny tonight from treatment professionals who know what they’re talking about when it comes to saving lives and preventing relapse.

Two different views on the cause and treatment of addiction:

Scientology/Narconon teaches and implements an L. Ron Hubbard policy doctrine of: “All illness in greater or lesser degree and all foul-ups stem directly and only from a PTS condition.” A PTS condition is caused by a person being in contact with a critic of Scientology.

Sunshine Coast Health Center Mental states: “Counseling is an important part of our drug and alcohol treatment program since there is a high prevalence of clients having both addiction and mental illness (also known as dual diagnosis).”

“Sunshine Coast Health Center has a skilled mental health team that includes a Psychiatrist and a Registered Psychiatric Nurse.” Indeed, the list of qualified professionals at this center is impressive.

On Narconon’s side of the coin, they appear to focus on image, eye-candy renovations, and fresh paint instead of qualified professionals on site at all times.

It is well known that Narconon recruits recent graduates of Narconon to work as ‘so-called’ counsellors and other demanding staff positions, starting with below minimum wage. Some, like Lucas Catton and many others, end up joining Scientology. Catton moved up in rank to be the president of Narconon Arrowhead and was a devout Scientologist before being disillusioned and spoke in an interview with NBC Rock Center recently about the Narconon dangers.

MORE HERE:
http://www.examiner.com/article/narconon-freedom-center-warehousing-drug-addicts

Teanntás

Intelligence

"Psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies are Scientology's worst enemy and often wage vicious attack campaigns against them. "

Not very well phrased !

Thank you .. now edited in the Examiner article to:

Psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies are some of Scientology’s worst enemies. Prescribed medications are taken away from Narconon clients, resulting in many documented attempted suicides.

:duh:

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
The line about a pts condition is not correct. The SP must be adversley affecting the person.

Its not very clear from the article, who wages the attacks? Does psychiatry wage the attacks against Scn or vice versa?

Arrowhead and Freedom Center dont warehouse anywhere near the number of clients currently. AH is down to 50 or so students and FC is around the same. Saying they have the capacity to deliver is a line taken from the Ideal Org scam. Big numbers that dont reflect reality. The reality is that these places are failing. NN Int is at FC right now trying to turn things around, hence the press releases.

Its a good point on the counselors. Since I reported them to the NAFC I am not aware of one person who has been allowed to keep their certifications. As the original complaintant I would get any responses that were valid. To date i have recieved none. I dont believe Luke receieved any as well.

We should work together on these stories David, the more accurate the information, the better.

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
Another point on the prescribed meds, as long as they are not narcotic you are generally allowed to keep your medications. They are stored in the nurses offices. Ive worked in several centers and have never seen one to flat out take meds away. They will most definitely try to get the doctor to change the meds if they are narcotic, but taking them away is something that i have not seen nor would have ever allowed.

Intelligence

Another point on the prescribed meds, as long as they are not narcotic you are generally allowed to keep your medications. They are stored in the nurses offices. Ive worked in several centers and have never seen one to flat out take meds away. They will most definitely try to get the doctor to change the meds if they are narcotic, but taking them away is something that i have not seen nor would have ever allowed.

I'm glad you never allowed it, but I seen it happen many, many times and so did these staff members who spoke to the press after
Narconon Trois-Rivieres was closed:

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-nouvellis...=cyberpresse_B13b_actualites_442_section_POS1

Translated here:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ivieres-is-closed.101820/page-14#post-2098431

Sylvain Bérard, the Ethics Officer, said that Narconon had already been experiencing financial problems for some time, to such an extent that, in recent months, the organization had even been admitting clients with more serious problems of a psychiatric nature.

"Some of these cases weren't admissible to the program because it requires cutting off their medication. But the administration chose to keep them anyway. There were several instances of attempted suicide during the past few months. By law, immediate medical assistance should have been provided, but management decided to keep these persons without calling for an ambulance," says the former employee.

His colleague, Julie Ann Pagé remembers a female resident who, less than ten days earlier, made at least two suicide attempts in one day, but she was not referred to a hospital. Ms. Pagé says that incidents like this were blamed on the employees for supposedly "not delivering enough."

But it was time for the government to close down Narconon Trois-Rivières because psychiatric cases are out of line with our capabilities. The situation had become dangerous," said Mr. Bérard. "We're playing with people's lives," adds Julie Ann Pagé.

Another young man had his meds taken away and jumped out of the 2nd floor window in a suicide attempt.

Another was denied his insulin while in the Sauna and rushed to hospital emergency in a coma ... saved by emergency staff.

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
These are horrible things to go through most definitely, but this practice is not the norm. Sounds good on working together, let me know what you need, ill be glad to help.

Intelligence

These are horrible things to go through most definitely, but this practice is not the norm. Sounds good on working together, let me know what you need, ill be glad to help.

Sounds good to me ... I think this mess disgusts and pisses you off just as much as it does me -- especially when
I read stuff like this:

http://mcalesternews.com/policecour...non-Arrowhead-counselors-traded-sex-for-drugs

Another suit was filed by Mary Cantu, the mother of a Narconon client. The suit alleges Narconon counselors “
provided drugs and alcohol in exchange for sex
” and that “drugs were readily available and constantly taken.”

ethercat

Cat in flight

Intelligence

Having spent 7 years of my life at Arrowhead you could safely say that it pisses me off. They need a reckoning. Now!

OMG! 7 years at a Narconon? I cannot even imagine what that may have done to me.

Very happy you survived and are now doing what you're doing to help bring them down.

I'm pretty swamped all this weekend with a couple projects, but will contact you ASAP next week
to see how we can jointly do something to EXPOSE and counter their Google PR frenzy.

{{{HUGS}}}:thumbsup:

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
OMG! 7 years at a Narconon? I cannot even imagine what that may have done to me.

Very happy you survived and are now doing what you're doing to help bring them down.

I'm pretty swamped all this weekend with a couple projects, but will contact you ASAP next week
to see how we can jointly do something to EXPOSE and counter their Google PR frenzy.

{{{HUGS}}}:thumbsup:

David,

7 at AH, 4 in Mich and 1 in FL. There's a lot to expose for sure.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you ever want to confirm if this sort of crap happened in Oz Narconons, contact me.:coolwink:

I have tales to tell, just not much time these days to do so:biggrin:

Staff taking students out to the local club for drinks to celebrate "graduation," ex-student driving to Narconon once a week to sell drugs, rape, stand-over tactics, etc etc..:yes:

Not to mention Narconon underpaying staff and being forced by relevant govt. authorities to pay up.:woohoo:

Oh, and:

FUCK YOU OSA

Intelligence

If you ever want to confirm if this sort of crap happened in Oz Narconons, contact me.:coolwink:

I have tales to tell, just not much time these days to do so:biggrin:

Staff taking students out to the local club for drinks to celebrate "graduation," ex-student driving to Narconon once a week to sell drugs, rape, stand-over tactics, etc etc..:yes:

Not to mention Narconon underpaying staff and being forced by relevant govt. authorities to pay up.:woohoo:

Oh, and:

FUCK YOU OSA

Thanks Scooter for all your help over the past few years ... the Dox are supreme:biggrin:

Will be in touch again in near future.

PS > FUCK YOU OSA