What's new

Pilot's Self Clearing (revised)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It just never made any sense to me, his tragic end, and Ant and Paul, I am not trying to pick him apart, but come to a better understanding.

Go for it. I pick him apart too. Just not on this thread, which Ant is trying to keep on the narrow subject of his Self Clearing Manual as opposed to a wider theme, and I would like to respect that.

Paul

CO2

Patron Meritorious
Note to Scott

your short bio was highly readable

that should have been your first post

you got this reader on your side, not in an adversary role.

Off-topic posts

Off-topic posts

I set this thread up with a purpose: helping people help themselves with Pilot's Self Clearing (revised)
I also have other endeavours (some worth while, some fun) so I am not handling anything other than that that comes up on this thread (my heart goes out to Mimsey Borrogrove, so s/he will get a private reply).

I find there is no button "Don't Like" so if you write here, and I don't thank you for your contribution, well you can mock up the frown on my forehead aimed at you.

And to anyone who has the guts to start a thread that handles all these off topic things (or refers us to an existing thread that serves the purpose) - I have put a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow just for you. Look out for it when you get there.

All best wishes,

Ant

Nothing good comes from trading reality for the role playing game of Scientology or at least I have not seen any evidence of anything good coming from it. Ken was just another casualty in it's long list of casualties who gave up reality for Scientology.

The bottomline is ... if Scientology was able to deliver what it promised, Hubbard would have used it to cure his own mental illness, instead of spending the last few decades of his life on the run hiding from imaginary enemies.

Valid points - even if a little over-simplified.

The Otto Roos account shows Hubbard had his chance (to apply the tech to himself), and chose not to.

Assuming Pilot's account of SDH was valid, don't miss out on the point he made there, that he didn't have an answer for that sophisticated an implant. There was something about it that he couldn't completely get to in his auditing (solo or otherwise).

In 2006 I made a long study of MKUltra and Monarch programming. I realized that govt Black Ops were way out ahead of Hubbard, and either Hubbard didn't know or didn't say (or was himself a victim?). Yet, victims have been deprogrammed with similar methods to Dianetic reverie (often simple talk therapy with psychologists) and have told their stories. It opens up a whole new area of tech in which implant deprogramming would need to be developed. Once he discovered the SDH, Ken recognized that it went much deeper than what our tech could easily undo. He was working on trying to figure out and un-do, the 'obsessive-create' aspect, which also seems related to what blew Hubbard away in the Crowley rituals, and which might have been the seed of destruction that LRH unleashed back on himself with his own unethical behavior and mistakes on the GPM research at Saint Hill.

The point is that there can be a ton of value in Hubbard's work and Pilot's work, among others, which can be overlooked or dismissed entirely, based on events that make it appear their founders were poor examples of their own, otherwise-brilliant work. Notice how Hubbard trashed Freud (whose work was used to invent auditing) on the Class VIII course and in the film (Man, the Unfathomable) depicting him as a 'coke addict'.

The observation that people sometimes 'crash and burn' or simply fail, when they let their lives ('dynamics') go out of balance, applies all over. It's like the race car driver/auto mechanic who spends all his time building the 'perfect engine' in the shop and never takes the car on the road. Or the musician who dreams of recording the perfect record - spends his years building the perfect home studio - then wakes up to realize he's too old to go out on the road - his expensive electronics are now outdated.

'Real life' passed them by.

And here, I am starting to go into the other good question posed, which seems to be whether it's worthwhile getting into mental technology and/or your own mind. The pitfalls and traps are many. And how do you happily balance that out with real life?

It seems like Self-Clearing - or any solo auditing for that matter, should usually be a minor daily activity (like the 'meditation hour' of other practices) subordinate to living life, unless you are full-time professional at it (like I am now) and even then you have to get out and 'live' outside the bubble you create. And the tech you work so hard to develop should be useful to the man and woman trying to live life better.

That's what I'm trying to do. That's what Ken was trying to do.

Hence my long, assertive 'right-ups' :yes: - I know it sounds like I'm parroting "this tech works if you just apply it" (LOL!) :happydance:but there is a certain degree of truth in that. It's easy to tear it down - much harder to defend it. (Same with Hubbard's tech, which their solution is to pull up the drawbridge and stay inside the castle.) :duh:

The Pilot's article about "Freedom" (perhaps Antony wants to re-post that someday?) is a brilliant observation of the real-life dichotomy that things go better in a balance - freedoms grow on top of a stable, disciplined base. Discipline (barriers, responsibilities) balance with Freedoms (to pursue one's own purposes single-mindedly) and I think it explains why some people respond positively to discipline, and others thrive when 'set free'. Raising children, managing a music band, running a business - all thrive in an optimum balance of free-flowing purpose, vs. recognition and confront on the mundane, 'hard work' tasks that life's obligations require.

Self-Clearing set my thinking free and at first I made tremendous gains. But later on, a more disciplined 'Standard Tech' co-audit opened up a whole new layer of case. Then after that, I went back to do some solo auditing - actual 'research' auditing - 'do whatever I wanted' stuff. 3 sessions later I was exterior and remote viewing a bit - something I could not do before.

This back-and-forth or 'balanced' approach has been a valuable 'Middle Path' for me:

Standard Bridge <-> Own Wants Handled
Co-Auditor <-> Solo auditing
Auditing Others <-> Receiving auditing
DO and HAVE processes <-> BE processes
EFFORT, EMOTION <-> Thought, Postulates
Living Life <-> Research lab
Physical Work <-> Internet/Computer
Physical Reality <-> Virtual Reality

To name the first that come to mind.

It seems that Ken and many of his predecessors, might possibly have, in their 'fervor to get it right', to some degree violated living a balanced life in full exchange on their dynamics. But it does not in my opinion, make their work less valuable. In fact, it gives us an opportunity to further learn from their mistakes. One obvious lesson of which, is that 'ye shall be judged by your appearance' - as to whether you are living a successful life or not - to answer the question in most people's minds - does it really work?

I could go back to schoolteaching, architecture, etc. But I choose to pursue the development of mental technology. So I guess the question is answered for me personally (admittedly might be different if I was not already somewhat close to retirement). And I even have a nice balance in my clients - older men who are about done with life; young women who have their whole life ahead of them. In either case, I do get tremendous satisfaction seeing my clients more happily living their lives.

The good in the tech has surpassed the pain of disconnection (losing my dear wife) :no: and other forces which would tend towards 'bouncing me out of the incident.'
:omg:

Isn't all that the long way of saying, "let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater"? :duh:

I take notice of others who have made similar decisions, and I am grateful to them for keeping the FreeZone alive, the Pilot's work available, on-line access to all the work, etc. All while I was in the cult busily making them wrong and inhibiting others from looking.
:yes:

Scott Gordon
WATCHFUL NAVIGATOR

Okay - slowly getting back on topic here. Thanks for putting up with me, Ant. :eyeroll:

What do I like most about Self-Clearing?

Besides the brilliant insights into what's deficient about Standard Tech, there are several:

* Highly workable handbook for the newcomer (no need for group scn indoctrination)

* Demonstrates areas of case the standard bridge missed - most notably:
  • Protest
  • Invalidation
  • Lost early technology of positive processing and OT drills
  • Power processing taken out of hiding

* The quite valid concept of cycling back through the grades on a deeper run, as part of what should be actual 'OT levels'

* Honest statements about what needs further research, encouraging the way for future tech development

The last and most important for me personally:

* Sufficiently DEMYSTIFYING the tech enough to break free from the cult thinking that Hub had your eternity all worked out and all depended on your subservience to the org to get it.

Without that understanding, people otherwise leave in bitterness, thinking it was all a fraud - or remain clinging to the KSW 'in-concrete' version. Pilot's work was a refreshingly honest look at what is and what isn't, about scientology tech. Ken Ogger beautifully accomplished with reason, what others have tried to do by force (the KSW fanatics vs. the embittered 'anti's').

LRH was right about "the way out is the way through." Applied to Scientology, Ken Ogger's work helped me get 'through.'

Free from cults - a well and happy 'Clear.'

I'm still "chopping wood, carrying water" out here (LOL!) :happydance: But yes I would "want others to achieve the knowledge - and gains - I now have."

In his saner days, Hubbard said we won't be truly free until we're -all- free, and added it would be done "one person at a time." That's where I'm coming from, and that is the value I see in Self-Clearing. It's not for 'everyone' but it's for 'anyone.'

Scott Gordon
WATCHFUL NAVIGATOR

The scariest thought I had after finding and reading the book was that I could mess up myself mentally by running its processes unsupervised.

Coming from Co$ you are trained to believe that:
1) You could severely mess up your case by self-auditing
2) You cannot trust yourself to handle your own mind
3) After "squirrelling" you cannot turn to Co$ for any review or a fix-up.​

So I think that if the book has to gain any popularity it must address similar concerns the readers might have.

One way to do it may be to collect the support of experienced auditors and C/Ss willing to help readers out, and add that list of auditors with contact info to the book. Good is the idea of the forum that can host useful support, suggestion and a FAQ if staffed properly with experienced auditors & C/Sses.

It is important to let the reader know he is not alone and help him take his first steps into the processes of the book.

Thx, bro!

That is exactly what I am doing! :clap:

My people (students, whatever...) have no idea of Scientology, nor any "implants" of what they can not do. They given a full support in a "off-line" group and I am hoping to get auditors and S/C willing to help before anyone will get into "trouble". And so on as you described above. It's like you were looking over my shoulder :biggrin:. I just wonder why no one come up with it before! At least we will get some prove of at what extend this tech works for non-Scientologists.

The pilot project started in a small town in USA and we soon will see what is going to come out of it. So far everything goes very smooth and way to quick :)

ARC!

Re: Suicide

Ant

PS. I have thanked nearly every one who has contributed. A sort of duty as I started the thread, and I think contributions should be acknowledged - they take a bit of effort. But there is no easy button to click on saying "I consider this reply to be off topic": I wish there had been :)

There is one - called "WTF?" :yes:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
that person WAS me, and the article about it is here:

http://www.sgmt.at/PILOT/MeetingKenOgger.htm

It's time for me to weigh in and point out how I fit into this story. The following quotes are from the link mentioned above:

only a writer can understand what actually happened to Ken. Writers live in a different universe while they are working on a project, they don't notice how time is passing in the real world, they would starve if nobody reminds them to eat!

I can understand this. I have aspirations of being a famous writer, and when I'm writing (or programming -- especially programming!) I tend to shut out everything else including my body's needs.

He had warned me that we couldn’t meet in his house, so he had booked space in a motel, but I didn’t need to see the house in order to understand what was going on. He had lost what the esoteric literature calls “grounding”, he wasn’t connected to Earth anymore, living in a mental universe while the physical side of his life, following the law of entropy, deteriorated into chaos.

That is happening to me. While I have made great strides in becoming neat and organized (such as hanging up my keys on a peg when I come in), I am currently backsliding into what Heidrun so aptly calls "entropy".

When I asked Ken about a cleaning lady, he said that they used to have one, but now the space was too run down and they were afraid of getting trouble.

When I met Ken (long after the worst of the mess had been cleaned up) the place was still very disorganized -- lots of books piled all over and such. He and his mom, Louise Kelly, spent a good deal of their free time playing computer games (one of which they introduced me to and I still play from time to time). I suggested cleaning help but Louise just said the place was too far gone for ordinary cleaners, that they needed grunge cleaners (whatever that is). In any case, there were no cleaners showing up.

We also discussed possible solutions for the house. Ann was on her way out of Ken’s life, and her cats would soon follow. After my return to Austria, Ken’s mother and some friends coached Ken through the conditions regarding his teeth, his physical appearance, and his social skills with women. The house was cleaned and repaired – something that is written down quickly but required months of tedious work.

My apartment is such a mess now that I've budgeted an entire month to cleanup -- and I'm going to be moving soon! I tend to fall into the trap of making lists of things to do, but then slacking off when it comes time to do the hard work. Like sitting here on the computer writing this post instead of getting dressed and sorting through things.

When all seemed to go up the tonescale, we were again struck by the news about Ken’s life threatening colon abscess

I visited him in the hospital several times during this time. I wish I could have done more.

In 2001, the chain of rejections by the female half of humanity came to an end. Between January and June, three women contacted Ken and he began relationships with all three.

And I was one of them! But I was disappointed that he never introduced me as his girlfriend. Only as <real first name>.

I was even more disappointed when one of the others was anointed his "main girlfriend" or just his girlfriend to many. At that point I lost interest and started looking around again.

I see now that humanity basically tends to monogamy. Even if you get past that, there is always the threat that your non-monogamous somebody may suddenly decide to be monogamous with somebody else. Lesson learned.

On the other hand, I was extremly overweight at the time. Since then, I've had a stomach stapling and have lost all my excess weight.

he had financial trouble much more serious than he allowed his mother or any of his friends to know. He kept these problems entirely to himself. Exactly how much of the earlier "good news" about new job opportunities and other income were just a facade we will probably never know.

I never saw any new job opportunities happen. His "income" consisted of refinancing his house every time property values went up, and when the housing crash came, I'm sure this added to his list of problems. Perhaps this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I did meet him, once, in solo session after his death. He was still suffering the effects of his implant, in a state where he had to have a new body but was incapable of getting one. This time I had the tech to be able to handle it, and did.

Wherever you are now Ken, I wish you well.

Helena

Last edited:

hbeer

Patron with Honors
It's time for me to weigh in and point out how I fit into this story.

Thanks a lot for this information, Helena - very interesting, very relevant!

About grounding I wanted to tell my own story - then I lost the whole text when I made a mistake attaching a photo that showed the electrical grounding device I had built - so here it is again, abbreviated: I had much success with the principles described in the grounding article below - I got my blood tested before and after two hours of grounding. MUCH improved.

http://www.groundology.com/scientific-research

CO2

Patron Meritorious
It's time for me to weigh in and point out how I fit into this story. The following quotes are from the link mentioned above:

I can understand this. I have aspirations of being a famous writer, and when I'm writing (or programming -- especially programming!) I tend to shut out everything else including my body's needs.

That is happening to me. While I have made great strides in becoming neat and organized (such as hanging up my keys on a peg when I come in), I am currently backsliding into what Heidrun so aptly calls "entropy".

When I met Ken (long after the worst of the mess had been cleaned up) the place was still very disorganized -- lots of books piled all over and such. He and his mom, Louise Kelly, spent a good deal of their free time playing computer games (one of which they introduced me to and I still play from time to time). I suggested cleaning help but Louise just said the place was too far gone for ordinary cleaners, that they needed grunge cleaners (whatever that is). In any case, there were no cleaners showing up.

My apartment is such a mess now that I've budgeted an entire month to cleanup -- and I'm going to be moving soon! I tend to fall into the trap of making lists of things to do, but then slacking off when it comes time to do the hard work. Like sitting here on the computer writing this post instead of getting dressed and sorting through things.

I visited him in the hospital several times during this time. I wish I could have done more.

And I was one of them! But I was disappointed that he never introduced me as his girlfriend. Only as <real first name>.

I was even more disappointed when one of the others was anointed his "main girlfriend" or just his girlfriend to many. At that point I lost interest and started looking around again.

I see now that humanity basically tends to monogamy. Even if you get past that, there is always the threat that your non-monogamous somebody may suddenly decide to be monogamous with somebody else. Lesson learned.

On the other hand, I was extremly overweight at the time. Since then, I've had a stomach stapling and have lost all my excess weight.

I never saw any new job opportunities happen. His "income" consisted of refinancing his house every time property values went up, and when the housing crash came, I'm sure this added to his list of problems. Perhaps this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I did meet him, once, in solo session after his death. He was still suffering the effects of his implant, in a state where he had to have a new body but was incapable of getting one. This time I had the tech to be able to handle it, and did.

Wherever you are now Ken, I wish you well.

Helena

Helena,

I appreciate the courage you've shown, just opening up and being vulnerable.

What comes next from me, may or may not be on/off the mark for you:

Starting with (what is called) a shaggy dog story.

Over the years, I've noticed that "I" am not an island. No one is.

About a decade ago, a good friend moved out of town. I palpably felt the loss of our spiritual connection. Even if we didn't see each other in Safeway or on the street, I was more complete, as myself, with her nearby.

We remain in touch by e mail and phone, but it isn't the same.

On the other side, another friend and I hadn't seen each other for years. We e mailed over that time, but we got together the other day, and I felt more whole again.

I don't have a better way to say this. No 'man' is an island. For myself, I am not a composite of my friends, but I am only whole when connected (-- I don't mean physically). A corollary to this would be that if you are dialed into your own world, and not sharing strong connections with others, you are not complete.

When I'm very connected, I'm clicking on all cylinders. My work is effortless, the house is clean, all is right with the world. When I'm feeling disconnected, nothing is in order.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
... I am only whole when connected (-- I don't mean physically). A corollary to this would be that if you are dialed into your own world, and not sharing strong connections with others, you are not complete.

When I'm very connected, I'm clicking on all cylinders. My work is effortless, the house is clean, all is right with the world. When I'm feeling disconnected, nothing is in order.

You are so right!! I've been generally disconnected for MANY years, and it's taken it's toll. My life, my goals, and my living space are all a mess. I'm hoping to reverse that with the new job I'm taking. Film at 11.

Helena

I don't have a better way to say this. No 'man' is an island. For myself, I am not a composite of my friends, but I am only whole when connected (-- I don't mean physically). A corollary to this would be that if you are dialed into your own world, and not sharing strong connections with others, you are not complete.

Interesting! I see that point around a lot.

My funny story is - I got married (and divorced) twice and had a huge amount of friends and girls around me for the reason I found in session. It was a fear to be along coming from the childhood :)

I had half an hour of deadly fear in session but pushed trough and I am more free now for sure. I feel comfortable being along or with group of people, I can speak freely with strangers and so on... I am writing and talking and doing a lot, just because i lost my fears. 95% of a time I do not even have any negative thoughts (if I am not too low on a scale :coolwink:).

Though, last point is a bit scary :omg:... After every class ("Self Clearing" one) I am dropping on a scale by some reason... And now I see dramatic changes to worse as I not able to continuously support my postulates. Two days ago I fell to 2.5!!! God F damn it's horrible place!!! I wanna go back to my 3.3!!! Back to Pilot then... work, work, work. Kinda didn't do any processing for two weeks as I had continuous wins in real life and was quite busy.

OK, enough sobbing. back to work!

CO2

Patron Meritorious
Though, last point is a bit scary :omg:... After every class ("Self Clearing" one) I am dropping on a scale by some reason... And now I see dramatic changes to worse as I not able to continuously support my postulates. Two days ago I fell to 2.5!!! God F damn it's horrible place!!! I wanna go back to my 3.3!!! Back to Pilot then... work, work, work. Kinda didn't do any processing for two weeks as I had continuous wins in real life and was quite busy.

Auditing, by its nature, is a repair action.

Getting out and living life is what really shows you how you are doing.

So you go out and live life, stuff comes up.

Then it is time for some more repair.

If you don't ever get out of session, you don't get to create and experience life.If you don't do that, what's the point.

[video=youtube;h0FX_ROcNV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0FX_ROcNV4[/video]

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are so right!! I've been generally disconnected for MANY years, and it's taken it's toll. My life, my goals, and my living space are all a mess. I'm hoping to reverse that with the new job I'm taking. Film at 11.

Helena

Well it's REALLY over now, and I'm back in Munich.

I've been down this road many times before. I have Asperger's Syndrome ("I'm an Aspie"). I'm just not a people person and may never be one.

Disconnected -> Asperger's Syndrome -> poor social skills -> not fun to be with
Not fun to be with -> people don't like me -> they want me to leave -> disconnected

Helena

Terril park

Sponsor

I've been down this road many times before. I have Asperger's Syndrome ("I'm an Aspie"). I'm just not a people person and may never be one.

Not fun to be with -> people don't like me -> they want me to leave -> disconnected

Helena

You didn't come across that way when I met you, and I
like you.

RogerB

Crusader

Helena

That surprises me based on the qualities I see in your posts . . . I see a genuine wish to help, contribute, beneficiate and connect with folks.

Rog