What's new

REVERSE WARRIOR: Brian Culkin Hires Ray Jeffrey, Blasts Scientology in Court Filing

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
What the fuck?

Last week, the Church of Scientology claimed in a filing to federal Judge James Whittemore that it needed to depose Boston resident Brian Culkin in Massachusetts because the yoga teacher was too afraid to attend an evidentiary hearing scheduled for September 26 in Tampa, Florida.
Culkin feared for his life, the church said, because of nasty comments made at this blog and other reactions after Culkin signed a declaration that the church used to complicate a federal fraud lawsuit brought against the church by Luis and Rocio Garcia of Irvine, California.
But now Culkin has hired San Antonio attorney Ray Jeffrey, who has won two recent high-profile cases against Scientology, and Jeffrey has filed a scathing letter that may have left Scientology’s motion in tatters.
The letter is attached as an exhibit to a briefing filed by attorney Ted Babbitt, who says the Garcias object to Scientology’s assertion that Culkin’s deposition had to take place in Boston, under the supervision of a special master, and only with Scientology’s questions.
But the real fireworks are in the letter by Ray Jeffrey, which accuses Scientology of outrageous conduct. In his briefing, Babbitt calls for sanctions based on what Jeffrey reveals.
Jeffrey’s letter is addressed to Wally Pope — the church’s attorney — as well as Babbitt and Ronald Weil, the two attorneys for the Garcias that the church is trying to get disqualified. The church had filed a motion accusing Babbitt and Weil of improperly employing an attorney, Robert Johnson, who had previously worked for Scientology. The church’s main piece of evidence was the declaration by Brian Culkin, who was a member of the church for about a year and had donated $350,000 in that short time. In return for a refund, Culkin signed his declaration in March, but now he’s saying that he was misled when the church used it to attack the Garcias’ federal fraud lawsuit. And the church has also misled the public, Jeffrey alleges, by pretending that Culkin is in fear of testifying. To the contrary, he will show up in Tampa to be heard…

More: http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/15/re...y-jeffrey-blasts-scientology-in-court-filing/

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: REVERSE WARRIOR: Brian Culkin Hires Ray Jeffrey, Blasts Scientology in Court Fili

Well, fuck me! Taking $350,000 from Scientology, and sue them afterwards. Uberdwarf is going to be mad as fuck!

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Re: REVERSE WARRIOR: Brian Culkin Hires Ray Jeffrey, Blasts Scientology in Court Fili

Mama mia, that's a spicy meatball!

Mike Rinder wasn't kidding about the enturbulation today.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Well, fuck me! Taking $350,000 from Scientology, and sue them afterwards. Uberdwarf is going to be mad as fuck!

No kidding. This is a heretofore unreleased SP level.

1. Take a refund
2. Sue them anyway

What are we up to now? SP11?

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

Sup Mr. Miscavige?

taOymMT.jpg

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

Like "Noname" said... Brian Culkin is on some kind of Unreleased SP level.

1. Accepting the $350,000 from Scientology
2. Acting lovey-dovey for a few weeks with Scientology
3. Sue them with the $350,000 they gave you

I used to hate Brian. But i love him now.

Brian Culkin:

uw3ksW3.jpg

TROLL OF THE YEAR

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

i dont think brian will have a hard time at all proving that they misled him when they offered a refund.
because we know, that is how they roll, each and every time.

No kidding. This is a heretofore unreleased SP level.

1. Take a refund
2. Sue them anyway

What are we up to now? SP11?

Now THAT is what I have been waiting for! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Purple Rain

Crusader

Like "Noname" said... Brian Culkin is on some kind of Unreleased SP level.

1. Accepting the $350,000 from Scientology
2. Acting lovey-dovey for a few weeks with Scientology
3. Sue them with the $350,000 they gave you

I used to hate Brian. But i love him now.

Brian Culkin:

uw3ksW3.jpg

TROLL OF THE YEAR

I don't love him, but I'm glad he is making it right and I respect that and thank him for it.

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

While everyone and their momma was like :

- Brian Culkin, you traitor!
- Brian Culkin, you've betrayed us!
- Brian Culkin, you Benedict Arnold!

Brian was like:

Y1tuyZp.jpg

Give me 4 weeks... And you people will love me...

uVrOZiC.gif

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Now Kirstie's pets are going to be unleashed in open court (if only metaphorically).

01-monkey-poo-for-you.jpg

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

The scent of deliciousness! :)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Herr Fuhrer will be pissed..

david_miscavige_cob.jpg

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Herr Fuhrer will be pissed..

david_miscavige_cob.jpg

Fortunately, his lawyers office has been bugged. Here is top secret video of this afternoon's meeting.

[video=youtube;KO2TrpLh_KA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO2TrpLh_KA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Purple Rain

Crusader

While everyone and their momma was like :

- Brian Culkin, you traitor!
- Brian Culkin, you've betrayed us!
- Brian Culkin, you Benedict Arnold!

Brian was like:

Y1tuyZp.jpg

Give me 4 weeks... And you people will love me...

uVrOZiC.gif

I don't believe that at all.

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

I do respect Brian's choice, and he did the right thing. Plus he got his $350K.
If we take a look in the past, there we're several persons that flip-flopped between Scientology and other groups, just to do harm at both groups and got nothing out of it (just snitching their hearts out, for nothing in return) Brian took his 350K and is now suing the church with their own money, without hurting Garcia's case.

Respect

My opinion? Brian played chess from the beginning. Other snitches for Scientology in the past played checkers and got nothing out of it.

I hate snitches (especially the ones snitching/lying on television, making up stories for attention). But game recognizes game, and i tip my hat to Brian.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Agreed. Some trolls get pleasure watching others suffer. Who else does that sound like?

If you think about it, this could have been the perfect DA (edit for clarity - Dead Agenting) of a BDA (edit for clarity - Bitter Defrocked Apostate). No exes give a flying fuck what's written in any DA pack or anyone's PC folders. Brian wasn't in long enough to develop any life-long friendships, so they can't really DA him there. But he was in just long enough to need a soft landing. So they DA him to the Ex community by using this declaration of his in a court filing.

Of course, since this is the cult we're talking about, it has to blow up spectacularly. The Universe will have it no other way.

Well played, Davey. Well played.

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader

I do respect Brian's choice, and he did the right thing. Plus he got his $350K.
If we take a look in the past, there we're several persons that flip-flopped between Scientology and other groups, just to do harm at both groups and got nothing out of it (just snitching their hearts out, for nothing in return) Brian took his 350K and is now suing the church with their own money, without hurting Garcia's case.

Respect.

He cost the Garcias a shitload more legal fees and headaches. They deserve a public apology and a refund of that extra money they had to spend AT LEAST.