What's new

REVERSE WARRIOR: Brian Culkin Hires Ray Jeffrey, Blasts Scientology in Court Filing

Purple Rain

Crusader
Re: REVERSE WARRIOR: Brian Culkin Hires Ray Jeffrey, Blasts Scientology in Court Fili

Game recognizes game :thumbsup:

You know if he is going to act like he meant to do that all the time then my respect for him is back to zilch. If this is making up for what he has done then I will respect that. But not the fake hero routine. Stuff him if that is how he is going to play it.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: REVERSE WARRIOR: Brian Culkin Hires Ray Jeffrey, Blasts Scientology in Court Fili

Well, fuck me! Taking $350,000 from Scientology, and sue them afterwards.

Sorry, but:
Brian Culkin is NOT sueing anybody !

Even a witness has the right to consult - and be represented by - an attorney. And nothing else happened yet.

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

He cost the Garcias a shitload more legal fees and headaches. They deserve a public apology and a refund of that extra money they had to spend AT LEAST.

I do agree with that. He should atleast apologize, and i hope he make things right with the Garcia's. But this is a good step in the right direction. And he didn't take money to stay quiet (Sup Debbie?) or sided with Scientology to infiltrate the Garcia's like some people did in the past (You know who you are, i ain't forgetting you)

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

Well, let's see what's going to happen. But i am glad that Brian is taking a step in the right direction.

This will end well.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Y
Sorry, but:
Brian Culkin is NOT sueing anybody !

Even a witness has the right to consult - and be represented by - an attorney. And nothing else happened yet.

I would say not YET. That whole thing about causing him great mental anguish in the letter that Jeffrey wrote seems to be hinting at more fireworks to come.

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious

You know if he is going to act like he meant to do that all the time then my respect for him is back to zilch. If this is making up for what he has done then I will respect that. But not the fake hero routine. Stuff him if that is how he is going to play it.

Purple, though we haven't met, everything I have read about you, I like you, and somehow it is important to me that you understand him a little better. Granted, the following is my word, no docs, but I believe it true. Brian has been careful in our conversations not to violate his agreement with the COS, it was an agreement he made, good or bad so he intended to honor it. He wanted out of the COS conflict, so he settled. Brian believed, and was told his deposition was for ammunition against himself if he ever decided to sue the COS, he was shocked when it was used as it was against the Garcia's. Is this naive or worse, yes. But I do believe he didn't understand the issues at hand and thought this was necessary for him to move on. There was no master plan, IMHO to blow this up, he would have liked nothing more than to have just settled and have everything go away.

Purple Rain

Crusader

Purple, though we haven't met, everything I have read about you, I like you, and somehow it is important to me that you understand him a little better. Granted, the following is my word, no docs, but I believe it true. Brian has been careful in our conversations not to violate his agreement with the COS, it was an agreement he made, good or bad so he intended to honor it. He wanted out of the COS conflict, so he settled. Brian believed, and was told his deposition was for ammunition against himself if he ever decided to sue the COS, he was shocked when it was used as it was against the Garcia's. Is this naive or worse, yes. But I do believe he didn't understand the issues at hand and thought this was necessary for him to move on. There was no master plan, IMHO to blow this up, he would have liked nothing more than to have just settled and have everything go away.

I like you, too, Mike, and respect you as I have said before. I instinctively trust you. I have already said that I appreciate Brian making this right and thank him for doing this thing - and I mean that - as long as it is not spun as Brian the Superhero meant to do this all along as part of some great masterplan. If he admits his weakness and error then I am certainly not going to rub his nose in it.

And, yes, it was naive, given how they treated him in every single interaction before that. But I have no desire to hurt Brian, just to see this case proceed without interference and the maximal chance of a win.

Thank you for your post - I do appreciate it very much.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

"He has been careful not to violate his agreement with CoS"
well, was he careful not to not betray the men on the other side who were helping him? He got himself in this mess and made a mess for Garcia et al! I really wish you would stop apologizing for him and let this case move forward. Brian did this - no one else but Brian. Let Brian make up the damage and he has not done it yet but he is moving in the right direction!

""He would have liked nothing more than to have just settled and have everything go away" -
So would the Garcia's! Got any empathy for them Mike?

Mike - you know that you are becoming an ALLY for Brian Culkin and Hubbard frowns upon that. Why doesn't Brian Culkin come here and speak for himself. He put his big boy panties on when he decided to play both sides for his benefit! Let him speak for himself. For cyying out loud - is he 8 years old?

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I like you, too, Mike, and respect you as I have said before. I instinctively trust you. I have already said that I appreciate Brian making this right and thank him for doing this thing - and I mean that - as long as it is not spun as Brian the Superhero meant to do this all along as part of some great masterplan. If he admits his weakness and error then I am certainly not going to rub his nose in it.

And, yes, it was naive, given how they treated him in every single interaction before that. But I have no desire to hurt Brian, just to see this case proceed without interference and the maximal chance of a win.

Thank you for your post - I do appreciate it very much.

This is making me sick Puple Rain - what's up with all the propitiation towards Mike - is he some kind of God? Let Brian Culkin speak for himself. He created a mess for the rest of us who did not get their money back and have to deal with his stupidity!

Purple Rain

Crusader

This is making me sick Puple Rain - what's up with all the propitiation towards Mike - is he some kind of God? Let Brian Culkin speak for himself. He created a mess for the rest of us who did not get their money back and have to deal with his stupidity!

What's up with the term "propitiation"?

Propitiation (also called expiation) is the act of appeasing or making well disposed (from Latin propitiāre, to appease; from propitius, gracious),[1] especially a deity, thus incurring divine favor to avoid divine retribution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propitiation

Please explain how you think I am "propitiating" this great God and for what sins I am atoning to avoid what divine retribution? I could WTF right back at you.

So what do YOU want from Brian? This is EXACTLY what I wanted from him. And if we are going to be all Scientology lingo about it, then, yes, I do sign his liability formula and accept him back into the group.

If we're going to be nice and mainstream about it then yes, I forgive somebody when they stuff up and try to put something right. It doesn't matter if it's my kids or Brian Culkin. I just wish I could do that with myself sometimes.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Look, Brian screwed up big time... and now he's doing something to try and reverse the damages his talking and dealing with the cult caused. With this new situation, he can't possibly come here and defend himself because his attorney very likely said not to speak or post anywhere because it can be misconstrued and will be used against you. So please lay off Mike for speaking up for Brian. Ray Jeffrey is in charge now because Brian finally got an attorney...and we need to allow his attorney to help unravel this mess and prevent that declaration from being used the way the church is using it.

I'm glad Brian has taken some steps in the right direction here. Ray Jeffrey is a wise choice. The church can't have it both ways when they claim religious protection and then go and use confidential church documents against another in court like they did with Brian. Let's see how all this plays out.

Brian's mistake... or ignorance, or greed - whatever it was that got him to the point where he even dealt with these people directly instead of paying an attorney to negotiate a refund repayment for him, was stupid and I'm sure he knows this and will regret it for the rest of his life. At least he's trying to correct the situation... it's a start.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

I love the letter Ray Jefferies wrote! :clap::clap:

TG1

Angelic Poster

Three things ...

1. Yea! Yea! Yea! Brian's obviously working hard to make up some of the damage done and to stand up for himself. Really good move, Brian.

2. Next, those were some most excellent shoops provided in the first half of this thread. Thanks to one and all who went to that trouble.

3. Finally, I want to marry Ray Jeffrey--or bake cherry pies for him--or type his briefs--or just cross-stich in red, white and blue thread his fuckin' A, fuck-you letters to the Church of Scientology's lawyers!

Remember the Alamo and Raymond B. Jeffrey, Esquire
Ray-Headshot.jpg

Bullshit.

Look, Brian screwed up big time... and now he's doing something to try and reverse the damages his talking and dealing with the cult caused. With this new situation, he can't possibly come here and defend himself because his attorney very likely said not to speak or post anywhere because it can be misconstrued and will be used against you. So please lay off Mike for speaking up for Brian. Ray Jeffrey is in charge now because Brian finally got an attorney...and we need to allow his attorney to help unravel this mess and prevent that declaration from being used the way the church is using it.

I'm glad Brian has taken some steps in the right direction here. Ray Jeffrey is a wise choice. The church can't have it both ways when they claim religious protection and then go and use confidential church documents against another in court like they did with Brian. Let's see how all this plays out.

Brian's mistake... or ignorance, or greed - whatever it was that got him to the point where he even dealt with these people directly instead of paying an attorney to negotiate a refund repayment for him, was stupid and I'm sure he knows this and will regret it for the rest of his life. At least he's trying to correct the situation... it's a start.

Rather than ask people not to criticise Mike Laws defense of Brian, why not ask Mike not to post it? BTW disbelief in the degree of naivete and innocence of Brain can be taken has a compliment. Some degree of naivete, yes.....but that much.....I don't believe someone with Brian's education is that stupid.

Mike's defense of Brian is working in reverse for me!

Purple Rain

Crusader

Rather than ask people not to criticise Mike Laws defense of Brian, why not ask Mike not to post it? BTW disbelief in the degree of naivete and innocence of Brain can be taken has a compliment. Some degree of naivete, yes.....but that much.....I don't believe someone with Brian's education is that stupid.

Well, either way it's a moot point. It's done. The question now is where to from here. And certainly it's a very different 'where to' today from what it was yesterday, and that is because of Brian's current action.

As I said earlier, I don't love Brian. I don't believe it was all part of a brilliant master plan, and I do still agree with Tikk that it was at best reckless as to the consequences and at worst just plain treacherous and selfish. However, what is done cannot be 'not done' but it can perhaps be 'undone'. So I take my hat off to him for doing the right thing now - because it is not possible to go back in the past and act differently, but it is possible to do something useful for the Garcias at this point in time. And he has done that. I am sure that he has received good advice from people like Mike and Geir who believe in him and support him and I am glad that he has chosen to heed that advice at this time, instead of ignoring people like Tony Ortega as he did before.

But he has tried to make it right and, hell, I think that is wonderful. I am celebrating that action and his growth as a person, not excusing his prior behaviour in any way, shape or form.

Whatever you think of Brian personally, it is an exciting development and very good news.

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors

PHP:
No kidding. This is a heretofore unreleased SP level.

1. Take a refund
2. Sue them anyway

What are we up to now? SP11?

This is awesome!

Instead of calling it Reverse Dianetics, I like to call it Reverse Hard Sell.
Just delicious this.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Oppositional Defiance Disorder will do that, lol :coolwink:

ps: No one said you have to believe what Mike wrote but he has a right to post here just as you do, especially if he feels he has a viewpoint based upon more a intimate knowledge of a person than that of an armchair critic. Just saying.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

What's up with the term "propitiation"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propitiation

Please explain how you think I am "propitiating" this great God and for what sins I am atoning to avoid what divine retribution? I could WTF right back at you.

So what do YOU want from Brian? This is EXACTLY what I wanted from him. And if we are going to be all Scientology lingo about it, then, yes, I do sign his liability formula and accept him back into the group.

If we're going to be nice and mainstream about it then yes, I forgive somebody when they stuff up and try to put something right. It doesn't matter if it's my kids or Brian Culkin. I just wish I could do that with myself sometimes.

Purple Rain - you are a good soul! It is important to forgive but it is also important to hold those responsible when they do things for their gain at the loss of others.

Mike Laws has been Brian Culkin's communicator here on this board - and it is time to stop apologizing to Mike Laws for the stupidity of what Brian Culkin did - some potentially serious damage to the Luis Garcia case. (I used "propitiate" to poke fun at Scientology - I meant - stop apologizing to him - there is no justification for it - you did nothing wrong)

Here is a post I made on another thread and please look again at what Mike Laws posted about Brian Culkin's "status" as to why he just wanted to get this over with! Like Luis Garcia did this so Brian Culkin would not have to suffer any longer!! There are people who have waited 30 years for the chance to take this cult down and expose the fraud!

The empathy from Mike Laws for Brian Culkin's poor situation "he really doesn't get people lying to his face" if so offensive! Like the rest of us "did". WTF? Poor Brian - he just wanted to get this over with - so he threw the rest of us under the bus! Asshole!!

Here is one tiny reason "WHY" Mike Laws - this lawsuit is important - and you can tell your "cultured, fairly privileged and civilized socioeconomic strata FRIEND" that there are many people who are not so fortunate and they commit suicide because of the damage done to them financially and otherwise!

Here is a coroner's report from a guy who killed himself - he was broke and could not get his money back from Scientology. Show this, Mike Laws, to Brian Culkin and tell him this is who we are fighting for!

http://www.sgmt.at/PILOT/Ogger%20Coroner%20Report.pdf

We are fighting for those who are too weak to fight for themselves. We are fighting for the victims that will be financially and spiritually raped because they do not know what they are getting into!!

Brian Culkin needs to stand on his own two feet and be the man he says he is - make up the damage! At least he has started but he ain't by any means, done!! I am not signing off of his liability formula cuz he hired Jeffries etc - he needs to help this case WIN, even if that means spending his $350,000 on it! He does not need the money - as Mike Laws so eloquently stated, due to his privledged past! PUKE on your privledged past!

Why don't we apologize to those poor souls who committed suicide because Scientology ruined them financially, spiritually and otherwise. We were unable to stop the fraud! This lawsuit could stop it once and for all. You are right to forgive - but signing off on his "liability formula" so soon - I will not do it. He has to make up the damage and he just stepped up to the microphone - let's see him spend his $350,000 fighting for innocent victims financially raped to the point of killing themselves - then I will sign off!

Mike Laws - show this to Brian Culkin and let him come here and speak for himself. He knew WHO Scientology was by his video of the fleecing at Flag year he spent there.

I was IN Scientology recently - I have done my research on the individuals who were in at the same time. They are financially ruined to bankruptcy and foreclosures! The statistics are staggering! They don't even think there is anything wrong with it. Scientology is selling them "Pirates and Bums" - it is okay to refinance your house to give us all your money and then walk away from the obligation". Just sickening!

We need to help them by supporting lawsuits such as the Luis Garcia Fraud case. There could be more suicides in the near future due to the horrendous crush regging done by Scientology and Luis Garcia is fighting for them and so am I!