What's new

Church of Scientology becoming Gay Friendly?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Michael Pattinson - OT 8 tells about his being gay in Scn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqyVLrE7JIU

Michael mentions the tone scale there, saying that as gays are at 1.1 they are bad news and need to be taken out of the greater society. Just a tiny bit higher than that is no sympathy, that's at 1.2, 'no sympathy' is the face worn by most sea org members. ''I don't care if your PTS mother is dying, you can't have a day off!'' So if gays need to be rounded up and recycled into food for upstats so do most sea org members. That would just leave the happy, well balanced few able to scream at each at full blast or cry their eyes out.

Tomorrows world is going to be dramatic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co

AnonSunshine

Patron with Honors
"Church of Scientology" will never be gay friendly, because of what LRH wrote about gays - low on tone scale, aberrations, etc.

It is gay money hungry, so it pretends to like and accept gays as long as it can get money produced by gay people.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I heard David Miscavige stuck Debbie Cook in the dumpster with a sign around her nock saying
"Lesbo". How horrible:omg:

Well I heard that after and he gave her a big hug and said:

"Le'sbe friends Debbie":yes:

Talking about being gay friendly have you seen what Russia is up to, making it illegal even to say the word gay. I wonder what Putin is hiding about himself?

It would be good if we could all sign this petition to send to Mr Putin.

https://www.allout.org/en/actions/russia-attacks

This could be the start of a very very bad progression.

The pope (fuck him and his humbleness!) is also trying to ensure his sheep will stay another 2 thousand years in darkness on gay issues.

But the Russian situation.....I don't know what to say..it's scary.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
This could be the start of a very very bad progression.

The pope (fuck him and his humbleness!) is also trying to ensure his sheep will stay another 2 thousand years in darkness on gay issues.

But the Russian situation.....I don't know what to say..it's scary.

It's been going on for a while but this is reaching insanity levels, it's never been easy for Russian gay people but this move is a step beyond.

Adam7986

Declared SP
It's okay to be gay in Scientology, as long as you understand it is out ethics and that you need to have sex with women only. It's okay auditing will fix you.

They may hate gays, but they love their money.

:duh::eyeroll::unsure:

One Lesbian on lines I can, just, believe.

At lower org staff level your world view is very much what you had when you got into the cult, there are staff around who are not homophobic, who just wouldn't see anything odd about a woman who had a girlfriend. the worse indoctrination is done in the SO. So yes I can imagine that someone could be on lines who is known to be gay. 2d rules does apply, in theory. The moment the evil cropped headed 1.1 butch-dyke takes a dungaree clad step out of line, though, the goldenrod gets pulled out and is covered in made up generalities.

John Travolta has been on Ellen and I've seen Tom Cruse on Graham Norton. When it's going to give them exposure they will be seen hugging and joking with openly gay people. I think they can't look too homophobic, people would react, so unlike in the seventies they have to pretend to be gay friendly.

But since they're now buddies with NOI, they can't look too Gay friendly. The PR chaps are really gong to be confused. Where's that nice spokesman these days to explain it all to us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ4H1jRyL2M

Well, as annoying as Cruise has become over the years he wasn't originally a homophobe. I mean when Chaz Bono came out of the closet didn't ze actually crash at Tom's place? This was in the before buddy-buddy with DM days when he let people sleep on his couch rather than jump couches.

However DM is well know to be a raging homophobe so Cruise has probably become one over time, Stockholm Syndrome and all ...

Anonycat

Crusader
Well, as annoying as Cruise has become over the years he wasn't originally a homophobe. I mean when Chaz Bono came out of the closet didn't ze actually crash at Tom's place? This was in the before buddy-buddy with DM days when he let people sleep on his couch rather than jump couches.

However DM is well know to be a raging homophobe so Cruise has probably become one over time, Stockholm Syndrome and all ...

He didn't seem to be homophobic when he posed for a gay men's magazine, either, before he was at the lofty heights he now enjoys.

tomcruiseparlee.jpg

He didn't seem to be homophobic when he posed for a gay men's magazine, either, before he was at the lofty heights he now enjoys.

Ha, I'd never seen that, thanks!

I don't know though if it could ever really be gay friendly (this putting aside all the other crap in it) because of the 1.1 reference. I was practically ushered out of the Sea Org when I acknowledged sometimes being attracted to women (in addition to men). Putting this in perspective this was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before I actually acted on anything so I was out-2D for just thinking about it. Which is to point out the crazy amount of witch-hunting that goes on in the Sea Org!

Bagh, they're just looking for the $$$$$ ... I think us queers are better spending it on the gym and:dance3:classes - really self-improvement you can actually see!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

tomcruiseparlee.jpg

It wasn't a gay men's magazine. It was Tiger Beat (now defunct), a major teeny bopper magazine. The men's magazine may have taken the photo from TB. This is another photo from the magazine.

325x227%3E

Anonycat

Crusader
It wasn't a gay men's magazine. It was Tiger Beat (now defunct), a major teeny bopper magazine. The men's magazine may have taken the photo from TB. This is another photo from the magazine.

325x227%3E

I stand corrected! Tiger Beat was a teeny bopper fan mag. I was told it was from the gay magazine Paree.

Edit: You already said Teeny Bopper. Man, we old.

Edit #2: Quickie search:

Just finished Andrew Morton's Tom Cruise bio. Morton spends half of the book focusing on the twisted history of Scientology. There's almost nothing that mentions Cruise hooking up with dudes — other than a non-sexual bromance with Scientology leader David Miscavage.
Morton does chronicle how Cruise tenaciously chases down anyone who points the fag finger at him. And the history of that started when one of Cruise's first managers let "Paree," a French gay rag, run this barely erotic picture, above, which was then reprinted in an small East Coast American skin rag.
Also — I just watched "Born on the Fourth of July," Cruise's only Dallas-made film, and arguably his best and most challenging dramatic performance.

http://sniperslovenest.blogspot.com/2010/05/root-of-tom-cruises-gay-panic.html

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I stand corrected! Tiger Beat was a teeny bopper fan mag. I was told it was from the gay magazine Paree.

Edit: you already said Teeny Bopper. Man, we old.

No shit. Graham Berry & I often trade stories on our common foe, Mr. Arthritis. :yes:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
So that photo is definitely not from Paree?

It could be. I recall people talking about Tom's shirtless photos in his early days & how his first manager tried to elevate Tom's sex appeal to nab him leading men's roles.

Shirtless pics of Tom Cruise, Shaun Cassidy & Bobby Sherman were constantly in Tiger Beat. Andrew Morton said Tom's photo appeared in the French tabloid, La Paree. Who am I to doubt him?

I recall an autographed copy of this specific pinup photo being sold on eBay several years ago. Here's an old mag with a young TC in tight jeans & T-shirt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOM-CRUISE-...181168029356?pt=Magazines&hash=item2a2e74beac

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Too little, too late. It'd be nice to think that a church (or in this case, a pseudoreligion) can change, and overcome the dated bigotry of its founder... but I'm not buying it. Homophobia is etched too deeply through so much of L Ron Hubbard's "scripture".

Furthermore, I don't think gay tolerance would be universally acceptable to those brought into the cult's sphere of influence through the Nation of Islam tie-up.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Furthermore, I don't think gay tolerance would be universally acceptable to those brought into the cult's sphere of influence through the Nation of Islam tie-up.

If only we had some dq's to send in wanting to join the cult. :biggrin:

ny-city-drag-queens.jpg