What's new

Disconnection - no holds barred

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but you don't have to get declared a Suppressive Person in order to have disconnection policy applied to you. It only takes pissing the wrong people off at the wrong time. There are obscure LRH policies (not Miscavige policies) buried in the OEC volumes that can be hauled out and used against you to force existing Scientologists to consider you as good as dead. The thought control in this group really does know no bounds. No justice action needs to be taken against you so there is no recourse for you within the Church's "justice" system. All it takes is someone with "authority" saying you need to be disconnected from and that's it, you are just shunned and cast aside. It doesn't matter how many decades you slaved for the organization or how much you did to forward its goals. Once you declare the slightest bit of independence of thought, you are dead to them.
Sickening...loathsome...repuslive...vengeful...there are no words that really can describe the bulls#@t that the Cof$ can and will do to try destroy your life. When I was part of it, I had NO IDEA this sort of thing even went on. They keep it very carefully hidden from their own members. It's easy to point fingers at all of them and say they are all bad, but 98% of them are totally duped and literally have no clue how evil the Church's policies and practices actually are, even when they are themselves carrying out the evil policies. They are so deluded, that when they force disconnection, they truly believe they are doing the "greatest good" and are protecting their members from the "enturbulation".
I believe it's the small percentage within OSA Int and at Int level who are actively and knowingly destroying lives. How else could they possibly be reading these postings every day and carry on with their twisted practices, knowing the horrific effects they are contributing to? The only answer is that the guys they have manning the internet lines are the sickest of the sick. One of them will read this comment today, shake his head at my ignorance and tell himself he's doing a good job. Well, all I can say is you are one sick f_@k.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
:bump2: Welcome to the reality of scno/co$/dm/lrh . . . . :unsure:

Hi :wave: & :welcome2: iHateDuplicity. :drama: MOAR. :drama: :wink2:

Purple Rain

Crusader
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but you don't have to get declared a Suppressive Person in order to have disconnection policy applied to you. It only takes pissing the wrong people off at the wrong time. There are obscure LRH policies (not Miscavige policies) buried in the OEC volumes that can be hauled out and used against you to force existing Scientologists to consider you as good as dead. The thought control in this group really does know no bounds. No justice action needs to be taken against you so there is no recourse for you within the Church's "justice" system. All it takes is someone with "authority" saying you need to be disconnected from and that's it, you are just shunned and cast aside. It doesn't matter how many decades you slaved for the organization or how much you did to forward its goals. Once you declare the slightest bit of independence of thought, you are dead to them.
Sickening...loathsome...repuslive...vengeful...there are no words that really can describe the bulls#@t that the Cof$ can and will do to try destroy your life. When I was part of it, I had NO IDEA this sort of thing even went on. They keep it very carefully hidden from their own members. It's easy to point fingers at all of them and say they are all bad, but 98% of them are totally duped and literally have no clue how evil the Church's policies and practices actually are, even when they are themselves carrying out the evil policies. They are so deluded, that when they force disconnection, they truly believe they are doing the "greatest good" and are protecting their members from the "enturbulation".
I believe it's the small percentage within OSA Int and at Int level who are actively and knowingly destroying lives. How else could they possibly be reading these postings every day and carry on with their twisted practices, knowing the horrific effects they are contributing to? The only answer is that the guys they have manning the internet lines are the sickest of the sick. One of them will read this comment today, shake his head at my ignorance and tell himself he's doing a good job. Well, all I can say is you are one sick f_@k.

I would like to think that's true, iHateDuplicity, but it is the rank and file Scientologists that are promoting and enforcing disconnection on Facebook, for example. But yeah, in my time, you would usually have wanted to see a goldenrod before you disconnected from a person - the exception being if you were undergoing a PTS handling and you failed to "handle" then you would know that you were supposed to "disconnect".

Gadfly

Crusader
Sorry, I don't buy into the innocence of the greater 98%.

One must be intensely willfully blind (in denial), dishonest or simply stupid to fail to clearly recognize what is going on with organized Scientology. It takes hard work NOT to face the facts and the truth.

Yes, there are some, especially the newer members, who don't know how deep the shit runs, but if you have been around for any period of time, and have the slightest modicum of intelligence along with some intellectual honesty, it is impossible NOT to see the constant charade of non-entubulation orders, SP declares, disconnection orders, and so forth. If you continue to contribute to the Church of Scientology then YOU feed the beast. In the end I agree with Hubbard - each person IS responsible for his or her own condition - and each contributing Scientologist is guilty of helping a monstrous manipulative cult to exist, continue and harm others.

I noticed early on that people who were viewed as "good and upstat" yesterday were suddenly the scum of the Earth (SPs) today. I saw it over and over. I saw people thrown under the bus - all due to the need to "put a head on the pike" or "safeguard Scientology". I could never hide to myself the lunacy of how the Church of Scientology operates. Most of us with any sense of personal integrity and honesty reached a point where the disgust with Scientology's continual crazy/evil/nasty/manipulative behavior could not be suppressed any longer.

The longer any person continues to suppress the obvious truth about Scientology, the longer that person helps to perpetrate the major fraud known as Scientology.

By the way, the Church of Scientology happily declares people like most people watch a movie - easily, freely and commonly. They have no reason to order disconnection without SP declares, when they are happy to add more names to the ever-growing list of the Merchants of Chaos (any person or group NOT 100% gung-ho behind Hubbard and Scientology).

Last edited:

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
When I was on staff in the Sea Org, I wasn't aware of I/100 of what I am aware of now. It was all carefully hidden from the general populace. I would see someone get declared who I knew for a fact was not an SP but there was always the imminent danger of being declared yourself if you continued bringing it up and not letting it go. I would rationalize it by thinking that it will get corrected once a review of the facts has been done. Yeah, right.

As a staff member you are not allowed to discuss it with anyone other than the MAA or ethics officer. The control is all built into the policy and the policy is enforced. I couldn't even talk to my wife about my discontent without losing my job and my whole family. I had no money, no place to go to, and would have had no friends as all of my friends were Scientologists. You are between a rock and a hard place.

Once I did leave I could see all of the information that was being withheld and suppressed by the "church" and so I continue to read and post and let others know what I know now. Thank God for the Internet. It allows people to see what had been hidden for so long.

Gadfly

Crusader
I couldn't even talk to my wife about my discontent without losing my job and my whole family. I had no money, no place to go to, and would have had no friends as all of my friends were Scientologists. You are between a rock and a hard place.

THAT is the key here. It wasn't that you didn't KNOW back then. You did know. But, you existed in a palpable state of FEAR. Fear that you would lose you wife, your friends, and everything else if you made waves. It is the same thing that keeps a trafficked sex slave from saying anything - fear of reprisal by the controller. Scientology functions in a very similar way, and thus manages the behavior of its members.

I noticed THAT in myself early on and I hated that I was in that situation. So I left the Sea Org, and got as far away from Scientology as possible while still maintaining my comm lines with family and friends. I used PR on them. I lied if needed to create the appearances necessary to keep them (Sea Org, gung-ho Scientologists) away from me. I did whatever. But I HATED that I had to be quiet - or else.

I noticed that Scientologists learn quickly to monitor, control and edit their thoughts and behaviors - or else. It is common. It is sad.

I saw that it was impossible to speak about about ANYTHING wrong with Scientology, and I hated THAT about it.

But, I did notice it in myself - the fear of losing friends and family if I didn't keep my mouth shut. I didn't like the fact that I had somehow managed to put myself into this dumb situation with Scientology. So, eventually, I removed myself from that ridiculous situation.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

When I was on staff in the Sea Org, I wasn't aware of I/100 of what I am aware of now. It was all carefully hidden from the general populace. I would see someone get declared who I knew for a fact was not an SP but there was always the imminent danger of being declared yourself if you continued bringing it up and not letting it go. I would rationalize it by thinking that it will get corrected once a review of the facts has been done. Yeah, right.

As a staff member you are not allowed to discuss it with anyone other than the MAA or ethics officer. The control is all built into the policy and the policy is enforced. I couldn't even talk to my wife about my discontent without losing my job and my whole family. I had no money, no place to go to, and would have had no friends as all of my friends were Scientologists. You are between a rock and a hard place.

Once I did leave I could see all of the information that was being withheld and suppressed by the "church" and so I continue to read and post and let others know what I know now. Thank God for the Internet. It allows people to see what had been hidden for so long.

^^^^^^^^
This is how it is for most public and for most staff/sea org.

BTW, Welcome, iHateDuplicity! Thanks for joining and speaking up!!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Dean - how do you feel about filing a complaint with the Attorney General of California to investigate Scientology for these practices of deception, extortion and fraud! The more people file - the more the AG is forced to investigate. It may be a good time cuz the cult is weak with all the stuff hitting the fan. The more people ban together and file complaints - the sooner the cult gets exposed and shut down and no more harm can come to innocent victims! One can even file a complaint in California anonymously! :coolwink::wink2:

I was in a short time and never on staff! Like Gad says - you have to TRY really hard to ignore the blatant abuse of people in this Morgueanization!

What does "dead filed" mean? Is that another term for Declared? What does one have to do to get dead filed and how do they inform others (public and staff) that someone is dead filed so they do not talk to a dead filee?

I think that is what they are doing right now to anyone who is not in there donating, donating and getting others to donate.

Outethicsofficer

I believe it's the small percentage within OSA Int and at Int level who are actively and knowingly destroying lives. How else could they possibly be reading these postings every day and carry on with their twisted practices, knowing the horrific effects they are contributing to? The only answer is that the guys they have manning the internet lines are the sickest of the sick. One of them will read this comment today, shake his head at my ignorance and tell himself he's doing a good job. Well, all I can say is you are one sick f_@k.[/QUOTE]

Hello and welcome, very good opening post and straight to the point.

I fear not that I generalize here...all Scientologists in whatever guise you care to describe are actively knowingly destroying lives or at least a life or two! "The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number of Dynamics" makes it possible...the ultimate justification.

Align oneself with that concept and you have it.

I am not so charitable these days to think it is a small percentage.

James

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

We lose people at the very moment they become a scientologist ... and sadly that applies even to our own children.

Actual 'disconnection' (whether cofs instigated or not) is just the final slash at the hearts of those that dare to voice any disagreement with the cult.

When the playacting ceases ... 'love' goes straight out the window and disconnection charmingly kicks in instead.

It's disgusting and it's terribly hurtful, but when recovering from the devastation many (myself included) find that being with genuine people that love us just as we are is a very special thing, it certainly beats spending time and energy with robotic pretenders, it can take time to arrive at that point though and the love we feel for our lost ones never fades, it just remains hanging there ... unrequited and more than a bit pointless.

I've met more wonderful, beautiful people since I dumped the cult and allowed myself to be me (many of them here on ESMB) than in the prior decades and they've kept me sane(ish) and helped me to make sense of my life which (at the risk of sounding soppy) is truly blessed and mainly a very happy one, despite the empty spaces.

:yes:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
IHateDuplicity you are very welcome, all the more so by starting this thread. I notice a few people looking at the thread who are guests. That's always a good sign.

I will admit to having shunned people who were deemed 'naughty' but I will also say that away from prying eyes I would talk to them and try and find out what is so terrible about them, from that I learned not to voice certain objections, observations or doubts.

Deadfiling is a system of working out geographically where the actual SP is. It's a very clever system that to my knowledge has never actually worked, you receive an entheta letter or phone call or verbal comment, that person comes off the mailing list and their CF file goes to HCO. The idea then is that HCO map out all the entheta and finds who is living in that area who is stirring the poo. Unfortunately the world has moved forward, we friends here live in different continents, and have no geographical connection. Interestingly I think that when that policy was written it wasn't thought that all the people writing bad things were SPs but that the 2.5 percent really nasty guy was covertly hiding behind the ones that got themselves deadfiled. Once the real SP was found the deadfiled people could be welcomed back, and seeing the nasty totally bad egg carted off by men with white coats with HCO written them, they would be overjoyed to carry on with their services. Now it is understood that most people are suppressive, anyone in good standing is only being good because of sec checks and force.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
By the way once the files got to HCO they would be stacked out of sight and ignored, they had recruitment stats to push and ''did you read the book'' letters to force the staff to write, despite there having been no reply for the last thirty years. I seriously doubt that any HCO ever did anything about deadfiling.

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
One must be intensely willfully blind (in denial), dishonest or simply stupid to fail to clearly recognize what is going on with organized Scientology. It takes hard work NOT to face the facts and the truth.

Yes and that was kind of my point about the 98%. They are blind and in denial. I was trying to differentiate them from the people who are actively and daily originating disconnection notices and forcing people to separate from their loved ones. It doesn't make their blindness ok or acceptable, but it's not the same thing as what the "Ethics Officers" and OSA staff do.

The really sad thing is that the run-of-the-mill Scientologists think they are the "enlightened ones" and that they are going through life with their eyes wide open and can "see" so much more than the "wogs". Yet they can't (won't) see the most blatant violations of their own policies, human rights violations committed right in front of their own eyes. It's sad and infuriating.

But realize that it also takes a LOT to stand up against any group in any situation and say "no - this isn't right". How many people in Germany stood up to the Nazi's? Not many compared to the millions who didn't. Everyone who is here did that in some degree, whether before or after they left the Church. And some of us can't be quite open and bold about it (yet) because we have loved ones still plugged into the Scientology Matrix that we are trying to rescue.

What I really wonder about is how many of those people who are still in and appear to support Cof$ and Dwarf Midget are actually just biding their time or easing themselves off the lines so as to avoid reprisal. If anyone has any actual data about that, I'd love to know about it. Not names or anything, of course, but if you know someone who is in that situation I'd be encouraged to know that not everyone who is still "in" is totally drinking the Kool-Aid.

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors

Yes Dean, that is exactly the situation I was in. When you are in, you justify the nonsense you see going on with "someone will handle it" or "oh there must be something about that person I don't know" or you dream up some other rationalization. And then, when you get out, you find out the overwhelming flood of information that was being denied you when you were still in and you wonder how in the hell did you ever buy into their bullsh!t?? But then you realize that you did, and like the Matrix, there are still others plugged in who are 100% accepting the same BS that you used to and they have to be gently gotten out of there. Those are the 98% I was referring to, as opposed to the small percentage who are maliciously and dedicatedly violating human rights and decency on a daily basis (you hear that you OSA bots? I'm referring to you guys).

BTW, I'm only using 98% casually - not actually agreeing with Hubbard's 2.5% SP policy. I think the percentage of actual haters and malicious people in Scientology is small but I don't know if it's actually 2.5% or not.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Great post, IHateDuplicity. :goodjob:

And :welcome2: to the board.

I think it is true that a small number of people are orchestrating the chaos in CoS. But Gadfly also also makes a good point in that the rest of the people still in must be willfully blind to the corruption and crap that goes on. If one simply observes, one will see the truth. Then one must deal with it.

One more thing. Could you please change that font? :prettyplease: It is a real strain for old eyes to read that miniscule print.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
IHateDuplicity you are very welcome, all the more so by starting this thread. I notice a few people looking at the thread who are guests. That's always a good sign.

I will admit to having shunned people who were deemed 'naughty' but I will also say that away from prying eyes I would talk to them and try and find out what is so terrible about them, from that I learned not to voice certain objections, observations or doubts.

Deadfiling is a system of working out geographically where the actual SP is. It's a very clever system that to my knowledge has never actually worked, you receive an entheta letter or phone call or verbal comment, that person comes off the mailing list and their CF file goes to HCO. The idea then is that HCO map out all the entheta and finds who is living in that area who is stirring the poo. Unfortunately the world has moved forward, we friends here live in different continents, and have no geographical connection. Interestingly I think that when that policy was written it wasn't thought that all the people writing bad things were SPs but that the 2.5 percent really nasty guy was covertly hiding behind the ones that got themselves deadfiled. Once the real SP was found the deadfiled people could be welcomed back, and seeing the nasty totally bad egg carted off by men with white coats with HCO written them, they would be overjoyed to carry on with their services. Now it is understood that most people are suppressive, anyone in good standing is only being good because of sec checks and force.

I was told to disconnect from an SP who was 15 years old. I thought the "write up" they presented me was strange and it sounded like they went through his folders and exposed his deepest darkest secrets. It poked another hole in my bubble and I thought it was mean and unjustified. I kept this to myself - but I thought I will be the judge if this person is a "SP". Sounds to me like he wanted out and you would not let him walk away - you tried to force him to stay on staff.

I ran into him shortly after and gave him a big hug! This was a "stimulus response" to the nature of who I am. After, I thought - they are trying to take that out of me - the ability to have compassion and empathy. The SP was so happy I would acknowledge him with kindness and compassion. I told him I did not think he was an SP and refused to disconnect from anyone. I left shortly after that!

At least 10 people have been declared in my tiny little Morgue in the past 3 years. I am sure there are more I don't even know about but I confirmed 10 - well, 11 if I include myself. THEY don't know I am an SP! :coolwink: Or do they?
fwwhistling.gif
Well, here is what I say to the SP Declares - :whocares::whocares::banme: if that what it takes to stop the onslaught of mail and phone calls. IT is the EP of Scientology - an SP Declare and Disconnection! Then they get to keep your money because you signed contracts while under the influence of their lies! "the most ethical group on the planet"...

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:welcome: iHateDuplicity ! So nice to see so many new faces telling their stories of late

Enjoy your visits here, tonnes to read and learn, lots of good folks who've been through the cult's gristmill here to commiserate with :), a good thing for newbies is to familiarize yourselves with the search function if you have a lot of questions (and don't be afraid ta ask the membership too), much has been discussed at one time or another.

:cheers:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
What I really wonder about is how many of those people who are still in and appear to support Cof$ and Dwarf Midget are actually just biding their time or easing themselves off the lines so as to avoid reprisal. If anyone has any actual data about that, I'd love to know about it. Not names or anything, of course, but if you know someone who is in that situation I'd be encouraged to know that not everyone who is still "in" is totally drinking the Kool-Aid.

There are thousands, possibly the majority of "fields" around orgs just waiting, waiting IMO. Threats of disconnection are usually the lock on the gate, however sometimes it only takes a personal event that is so distressing that lock pops open despite the threat. That final straw you know? It's like some people are waiting for it to be ok to leave, knowing that so many others are ... I'm not sure what that could be - perhaps Miscavige doing a runner or something.

Very few would put their hand up and say they are amongst the 'under the radar people', and you won't find it discussed much here as no-one wants to make this whole exiting process harder than it is. However you only need to check out how many 'guests' read here to have some idea. There are often threads that include in the introduction something like "I've been lurking and reading here for years"..... :)

As I write this:
There are currently 374 users online. 58 members and 316 guests

Dean Blair

Dean - how do you feel about filing a complaint with the Attorney General of California to investigate Scientology for these practices of deception, extortion and fraud! The more people file - the more the AG is forced to investigate. It may be a good time cuz the cult is weak with all the stuff hitting the fan. The more people ban together and file complaints - the sooner the cult gets exposed and shut down and no more harm can come to innocent victims! One can even file a complaint in California anonymously! :coolwink::wink2:

I was in a short time and never on staff! Like Gad says - you have to TRY really hard to ignore the blatant abuse of people in this Morgueanization!

What does "dead filed" mean? Is that another term for Declared? What does one have to do to get dead filed and how do they inform others (public and staff) that someone is dead filed so they do not talk to a dead filee?

I think that is what they are doing right now to anyone who is not in there donating, donating and getting others to donate.

I think filing a complaint with the AG is a good idea. Can you direct me somewhere that explains how to do that?

Dead files are where people's CF folder go when that persons body dies or the person has been declared to be an SP. It is about the only way you can get them to stop sending you their dreadful fliers and letters.