What's new

Purple the Scientologist

Purple Rain

Crusader
Most here would have more than a passing familiarity with my rantings and ravings about Scientology. I have been out of the cult for twenty years now. But I did not always feel this way. Au contraire, mon frère!

So I have been going through reams of old papers while packing my old stuff for the move to America in... don't panic!... not much more than a week. Some of you might find these of interest, so I am posting them for your benefit.

So without more ado... ta da... meet Purple the Scientologist!!

Image99_zpsade69ce8.jpg

Yes, I know this is very similar to the other picture I posted, but I had no idea I had this one! The beautiful girl from Miami org on the right is my twin from the Key to Life course at the International Training org in Los Angeles back in June, 1990.

Anyway, this story opens when I was leaving the cult back in 1993 right in the thick of my botched leaving staff "cycle". Since March I had been in Sydney attempting to "route out" - the Scientology term for what other people would achieve by writing a simple letter of resignation to their employer. The time taken to resign from a job is usually closer to minutes than hours, but I had been trying to leave mine for the last nine weeks - a nightmare which will be fully detailed a little later. But for now, here I am, back in Canberra - a "blown Sea Org member" - while my husband continues to labour in indentured servitude to the cult from 8:30am till 10:00pm five days a week, and 8:30am till 6:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

Not surprisingly, when one has firsthand experience of the contempt and disregard in which ordinary contracted staff "volunteers" are held, significant pressure began to be exerted on my then husband to either get me back on "post" (which would have been considered to be "handling" me) or sever all ties of communication between us (the now infamous "disconnection" policy - which is basically a glorified term for the practice of shunning).

I had originally returned home in time to spend Mother's Day 1993 which fell on Sunday, May 9, with my family, but it was so nice to be home again and so awful to be trapped doing "MEST work" in a "lower condition" at the Continental Liaison Office (CLO) in Sydney, that I could not bring myself to go back.

Less than two weeks later my husband became aware of this communication from the Executive Director, who was in charge of the whole organisation in Canberra, to the Organisation Executive Secretary, who was my husband's senior.

Image100_zpsf7d123ab.jpg

OES
--------------
ED
RE: CRS SUP (KTL)

HE IS TO BE HANDLED TODAY OTHERWISE I WILL BYPASS + HANDLE. ONE OF THE REFERENCES YOU COULD USE TO HANDLE HIM IS HCO PL ETHICS + EXECUTIVES + HCO PLS STAFF MEMBER REPORTS, KNOWLEDGE REPORTS, LEAVING + LEAVES, SUPPRESSIVE ACTS SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTOLOGY + SCIENTOLOGISTS (PARTICULARLY POINT "FAILURE TO HANDLE OR DISAVOW AND DISCONNECT FROM A PERSON DEMONSTRABLY GUILTY OF SUPPRESSIVE ACTS.") ETHICS REVIEW, OFFENCES + PENALTIES

THIS LACK OF CONFRONT ON THE CYCLE IS JUST TOO MUCH. HE FINDS OUT FROM HIS WIFE AND YOU MAKE HIM IF HE DOESN'T.

ANY NON-COMPLIANCE WILL BE LOOKED AT FOR WHAT IT IS.

[SIGNATURE]​

Next... Wherein My Husband Also Blows, and the Poor-Hard-Done-By Org Wonders Why

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
I was at the ITO in June of 1990 to be a KTL sup.

Were you there when the SO cooks didn't show up one morning so we all went into the kitchen and made our own breakfast?

escapingscinuts

I had no idea what they were really about, I sang with and for them, went to homes, went to "Church"... got caught up in past lives, and lost so many possessions:no: that are important to me I can not function in my jobs :unsure:.....

Purple Rain

Crusader
I was at the ITO in June of 1990 to be a KTL sup.

Were you there when the SO cooks didn't show up one morning so we all went into the kitchen and made our own breakfast?

Omigosh, freethinker! I'm not sure - they didn't feed me anything except rice and beans because my org couldn't afford to pay for me. So I either nicked some real food from the table anyway - I had a penchant for the bagels and cream cheese and grape jelly - or ate next door at Chicken Delight when I was at the HGB and The New York George when I was over at PAC. I tried to get lost as much as possible after they tried to stick me in the galley on work study.

I arrived in LA on May 18, 1990 and was back in Sydney by August 5. Ironically you may also have met three of the other people in this story if you were there around at that time. My second husband arrived for the KTL evolution the day that I escaped, so I never saw him there and would never have dreamed that I would ever go out with him, let alone that we would ever marry. He was engaged to our future KTL auditor at the time, but she was still back in Australia as the OES. Oh, what a tangled web we weave, and Scientology is quite incestuous really.

My best memories of the HGB were cleaning Charlie Chaplin's office and being the runner for the LRH Host when they were presenting awards to the Disney artists who had worked on the materials. I always landed on my feet really, and of course going on the Key to Life walks with my lovely twin, Kim, from Miami.

Edit: Do you remember the CO ITO raising hell about the out-ethics students hanging out at Chicken Delight? I was so lucky not to be caught that day when the other students were busted!

Edit to the edit: If you were there at the time I might owe you money! :ohmy: Or cigarettes!

Purple Rain

Crusader
Hi E

Poor old Canberra Org has certainly had it's fair share of 'blows'.

Great photo too.

James

Hi James! Thanks!

:)

Yes, Canberra Org is like a living, breathing IQ test. If you sign up for staff there you are at least borderline deficient. If you make it to Staff Status II you are at least a moron. If you serve out your two and a half year contract you are at least an imbecile. If you serve out your five year contract you are officially an idiot. If you are there more than five years... has anyone been there longer than five years? Well, there are no words.

Canberra Org is so suppressive that it even precipitated the blow of Jenna Miscavige Hill and her good man! So actually, hooray for the worst org on earth! It's kind of cool in a way.

Edit: Fortunately I am only an imbecile, having aimed for utter stupidity and missed!

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I read that scanned copy of the comm it hit me quite hard how nuts the organisation is. Don't get me wrong, I have had a strong frame of reference of how batty the structure of scientology is for quite some time but I guess I was ready for another adjustment.

In the real world, the world where I now fully reside, there is no way that any superior/employer could get away with talking/writing to someone that way. They would end up in employment/legal issues within the first week.

It is so fear based, so fanatical, so loveless, so harsh, so totally fucked up.

I went through similar shit with my now ex husband. I won't bore you with the details but time after time he was pushed to leave me. God it was hell!

Thanks for sharing Purple. :)

Purple Rain

Crusader
Should I scan the Leaving Staff Routing Form do you think? I have a blank copy from my time in the org. Am I allowed to do that?

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Love the photo PR :thumbsup:

I'm positive that our paths have crossed in the orgs in :kangaroo: land at some stage.

I definitely remember you....just can't nail down exactly when.

Either way..... it doesn't matter .....

The main point to be celebrated is we're both free now, able to enjoy our lives doing what we want when we want.

Don'tcha just love it. :happydance:

:bighug:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Love the photo PR :thumbsup:

I'm positive that our paths have crossed in the orgs in :kangaroo: land at some stage.

I definitely remember you....just can't nail down exactly when.

Either way..... it doesn't matter .....

The main point to be celebrated is we're both free now, able to enjoy our lives doing what we want when we want.

Don'tcha just love it. :happydance:

:bighug:

Yes, that is the main thing, but I think that it's very cool that we've seen each other even if we don't know exactly where or when. It's kind of like one of those movies where all the characters are connected somehow but they don't actually meet up necessarily. The amazing thing about being on staff is that you do manage to still have fun and laughs somehow anyway, even in that hellish trench sort of situation, but at the time:ball: you can never even dream how much more fun you will be having one day when you've left! :dance:

I was around Castlereagh St for some miserable ethics handlings :smack: and Glebe St for my abortive attempts at the Clear Certainty Rundown and other horrible sec check type actions.

:innocent2:

For some reason I was always a bit of an ethics particle.

:flasher:

I was to ethics actions what Pigpen is to dirt. Lol!

:goodorbad:

I was also on the Estates Project Force at the AO when they were doing renovations.

:violent:

So maybe you saw me at one of those times or maybe you were visiting Canberra Org at some stage? I also did attend some events up in Sydney.

:bighug: to you too!!

:) :love8:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I remember that being on staff sucked, but at the time, I didn't know how. It just did.

I thought I was the only one that thought that and I was a piece of shit that couldn't cut the mustard.

There were those who disappeared overnight. I couldn't think of them as PTS or SPs. I couldn't think, period. One day had a meltdown, which lasted about a week. I had no job, no money and no support, save from a friend or two who had no money as well. But money and a job were the biggest things I needed.

I ended up taking a leave of absence to earn money far, far away. In a small town 200kms away from Auckland Foundation (Turangi - for Mike Ferriss's benefit :wave: Hi Mike!). So I had to live there too.

Only then I began to wake up, but it wasn't really an awakening. I toked on a few reefers here and there. It was a guilty pleasure and I still don't know why I did, but no one of any importance was watching.... well not then anyway. I went to the pub on Wednesday nights with some guys from work and lived a little. Came back to Auckland every 2nd weekend for a visit, catch up with family, etc..

I was still young and stupid in so many ways. But getting away with the change in scenery snapped something in my mind. I began to seek changes and a new beginning. Within 3 months, I had drifted away from Scientology especially staff. I kept some contact with the folks I knew up there. I also knew I had to keep any of my new thoughts to myself. Not consciously, but instinctively.

I started to team up with old Pre-Scio friends. One was going to Australia. I decided to go to. And I did 5 months later. Never looked back and Scientology gradually became history. Sill in Oz and still flipping the bird to Scientology. Since I've been on ESMB, I have really discovered and come to understand my freedom.

It came at a price, though. My life had become secretive. I could not tell any of my friends what I was thinking, or even less, what I was planning to do.

This may sound a little strange, but my thinking I have been describing was instinctive, not conscious. Ultimately, internally even I knew I could think things, but not go public with them. Maybe I subconsciously knew I was a prisoner, but would not allow myself to think it.

I'm not anymore.

ESMB showed me my thinking was NOT odd, peculiar or weird. I was just like everyone else who were burning out. Indeed, I was just like anyone else in the wide world out there - and there is nothing wrong with that!

It has taken me over 30 years to tell myself everything in Scientology is bullshit or worse. Plant it under the tree and grow from it!

Purple Rain

Crusader
I remember that being on staff sucked, but at the time, I didn't know how. It just did.

I thought I was the only one that thought that and I was a piece of shit that couldn't cut the mustard.

There were those who disappeared overnight. I couldn't think of them as PTS or SPs. I couldn't think, period. One day had a meltdown, which lasted about a week. I had no job, no money and no support, save from a friend or two who had no money as well. But money and a job were the biggest things I needed.

I ended up taking a leave of absence to earn money far, far away. In a small town 200kms away from Auckland Foundation (Turangi - for Mike Ferriss's benefit :wave: Hi Mike!). So I had to live there too.

Only then I began to wake up, but it wasn't really an awakening. I toked on a few reefers here and there. It was a guilty pleasure and I still don't know why I did, but no one of any importance was watching.... well not then anyway. I went to the pub on Wednesday nights with some guys from work and lived a little. Came back to Auckland every 2nd weekend for a visit, catch up with family, etc..

I was still young and stupid in so many ways. But getting away with the change in scenery snapped something in my mind. I began to seek changes and a new beginning. Within 3 months, I had drifted away from Scientology especially staff. I kept some contact with the folks I knew up there. I also knew I had to keep any of my new thoughts to myself. Not consciously, but instinctively.

I started to team up with old Pre-Scio friends. One was going to Australia. I decided to go to. And I did 5 months later. Never looked back and Scientology gradually became history. Sill in Oz and still flipping the bird to Scientology. Since I've been on ESMB, I have really discovered and come to understand my freedom.

It came at a price, though. My life had become secretive. I could not tell any of my friends what I was thinking, or even less, what I was planning to do.

This may sound a little strange, but my thinking I have been describing was instinctive, not conscious. Ultimately, internally even I knew I could think things, but not go public with them. Maybe I subconsciously knew I was a prisoner, but would not allow myself to think it.

I'm not anymore.

ESMB showed me my thinking was NOT odd, peculiar or weird. I was just like everyone else who were burning out. Indeed, I was just like anyone else in the wide world out there - and there is nothing wrong with that!

It has taken me over 30 years to tell myself everything in Scientology is bullshit or worse. Plant it under the tree and grow from it!

Same with me, The_Fixer. Some of the documents I hope to scan show how much I was still a Scientologist up until at least four or five years after I left. And I think there are still aspects that affect my thinking in some areas - like when I struggle to find the "wog" word for something. If I have to kind of translate to the "wog" from the Scientologese word then I know the native thought sprouts from a Scientology worldview.

I'm so glad you're out and good on you for being a bit of a rebel. We all just do what we have to do to get out of it and survive getting out of it at a mental level, I think. And yes, that does leave us stuffed up to various degrees, but, hey, at least we are free. One step at a time - that's all anyone can do.

One thing about looking backwards like this is that I am starting to realise just how far I have come.

You're a great person - you really are.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Man, I'm having trouble finding the next document I wanted to post. It wasn't that exciting, but it was what they wrote to us after my husband blew as well, pretending that they were only ordering him to Sydney for a tech cycle and it wasn't some ethics or justice handling to do with my having blown the Sea Org. But from the tone and the context of the circumstances around him being ordered to Sydney it is doubtful that this is true, although it might be. More likely he was being sent up for both.

Anyhow I might just skip to the documents around my fitness board out of the Sea Org.

In the meantime, I know that Tory has posted this already on the Purpling America thread, but in the latter part of this video I tell her what happened when my husband caught a bus back to our house instead of catching a Greyhound to Sydney.

[video=youtube;nGdX5yh0wwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdX5yh0wwM[/video]

The relevant part starts about 7:53.

Purple Rain

Crusader

26.8.93​
TO [2ND HUSBAND] / [PURPLE RAIN]

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON AT THE MOMENT AS IT APPEARS THAT [2ND HUSBAND] HAS NOT ARRIVED AT CLO OR THE AO AND I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED AS TO WHY AS ALL HE WAS GOING UP FOR WAS ATHENA CRAMMING. THE REASON FOR THIS BEING THAT LAST SUNDAY ALL THE EDS WERE ASKED TO NAME ARRIVALS TO THE AO FOR THE SHSBC OR WHATEVER AS THE AO IS VERY CLOSE TO SAINT HILL SIZE THEY JUST NEEDED THAT EXTRA PUSH (THEY NEARLY MADE IT TOO). SO ANYWAY I AGREED THAT [2ND HUSBAND] COULD GO UP AS [OTHER STAFF MEMBER] HAD BEEN UP RECENTLY + THEY PARTICULARLY WANTED TECH STAFF.

I AM SORRY IF THIS HAPPENED AT A TIME WHEN YOUR PTPS ARE MOUNTING BUT WITH A LITTLE COMMUNICATION WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO WORK OUT SOME ARRANGEMENT.

I ACTUALLY DON’T KNOW WHATS GOING ON BUT PLEASE DON’T BLOW FOR YOUR SAKE AND THAT OF THE KTL TEAM AND PLANET EARTH

[SIGNATURE]​

esmb0001r_zps6f7ceb1b.jpg

esmb0001br_zps2e860fbe.jpg

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

26.8.93​
TO [2ND HUSBAND] / [PURPLE RAIN]

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON AT THE MOMENT AS IT APPEARS THAT [2ND HUSBAND] HAS NOT ARRIVED AT CLO OR THE AO AND I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED AS TO WHY AS ALL HE WAS GOING UP FOR WAS ATHENA CRAMMING. THE REASON FOR THIS BEING THAT LAST SUNDAY ALL THE EDS WERE ASKED TO NAME ARRIVALS TO THE AO FOR THE SHSBC OR WHATEVER AS THE AO IS VERY CLOSE TO SAINT HILL SIZE THEY JUST NEEDED THAT EXTRA PUSH (THEY NEARLY MADE IT TOO). SO ANYWAY I AGREED THAT [2ND HUSBAND] COULD GO UP AS [OTHER STAFF MEMBER] HAD BEEN UP RECENTLY + THEY PARTICULARLY WANTED TECH STAFF.

I AM SORRY IF THIS HAPPENED AT A TIME WHEN YOUR PTPS ARE MOUNTING BUT WITH A LITTLE COMMUNICATION WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO WORK OUT SOME ARRANGEMENT.

I ACTUALLY DON’T KNOW WHATS GOING ON BUT PLEASE DON’T BLOW FOR YOUR SAKE AND THAT OF THE KTL TEAM AND PLANET EARTH

[SIGNATURE]​

Wait, whut?

When you are trying to trick someone to come in for discipline, you don't mention the potential offense. WTF is the "please don't blow" in there for? Were they generally that inept, or jusr desperate about their stats?

Purple Rain

Crusader
Wait, whut?

When you are trying to trick someone to come in for discipline, you don't mention the potential offense. WTF is the "please don't blow" in there for? Were they generally that inept, or jusr desperate about their stats?

Well, that is dated the day that he did blow from staff. And I guess they were trying to recover him at that point - coax him back in for a handling. I sort of explained to Tory in our video that I posted above about how valuable he was to the org at the time. They really did NOT want to lose him. And they most certainly should have thought of that before they started the campaign to bust up his marriage. Losing him would certainly have had an effect on their stats in the short to medium term at the very least. I guess at that point they were looking at it more as an ARCX sort of incident - an upset - and basically pushing his "help buttons" about, hey, don't let down the team and Ron and the planet and mankind - you know, they were thinking he was standing on the ledge and saying, "Don't jump!" when he had really already jumped. That life was dead to him. That same afternoon he got out his hammer and fixed the back gate in our yard. Apart from badly needing fixing, it was symbolic - mainly because it was so badly in need of fixing.

But yeah, Scientologists are stupid. The Scientology "think" makes you behave in ways that seem quite absurd to the rest of the world as much as brain damage would. Your thought processes are damaged... and predictable.

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
The more I read everyone's stories about staff times in scientology and what it took to get out, the more I fall in love with every one of you. What you have posted here Purple and what others have posted here as their replies just reminds me so gently that you all are my sisters and brothers.

We are each of us wonderful, amazing people who have been victimized by an organization designed in the image of the cruel and heartless mind of a madman.

In spite of it all we tried so hard to help others.

I hope that every one of you can put aside the last of the bonds of scientology and find your own beautiful selves, enjoying the rest of your lives in the freedom to be you!

Thank you for this thread Purple as, once again, we get a glimpse inside the life of a beautiful spirit!

With great <3 to all of you:love8::grouphug::love8:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Imagine getting up and going to work every day, doing your best at your job, when one day you walk in and find the place swarming with federal agents from the FBI. To your shock you are charged with a serious crime. You have no legal representation, let alone a defence to the charge, and therefore no option but to plead guilty. The court date is set, the verdict is rendered, and the sentence is passed. You are found guilty of committing a problem at work and you are fined and sentenced to weeks of community service.

Welcome to the world of the "volunteer" Scientology staff member.

One would think that if somebody is willing to leave a well-paying position with benefits as a Flight lieutenant in the Royal Australian Air Force - sacrificing an early retirement with lifetime pension to work an 86 and a half hour week - sometimes more - for an average of $20 per week, that it would behoove one to shower such an individual with appreciation and gratitude - at the very least show a little respect.

However, this is not the culture of the average Scientology "org" where verbal abuse (known as "face rips") is standard operating procedure let alone addressing you like the pet dog (except they would have more "affinity" for their pet dog - if they could afford to have one).

It was after one such unfortunate experience within the ironically named Scientology "justice" system, that the person convening the "court" kindly took the opportunity to teach my second husband how not to be a "clay pigeon" in Scientology parlance i.e. something thrown up in the air for people to shoot at. This person was an ethics officer from Melbourne who was in Sydney for some cramming, and he could see that my second husband was undeserving of such harsh treatment and determined to "fireproof" him.

After this, my second husband kept notes of every infraction by anyone else, and when an ethics report was written about him he would respond with a flurry of ethics reports on the person attacking him. The execs in our org soon learned it was unwise to do so and usually resorted to softer targets.

It sounds horrible, and indeed it was, but that was the reality of life as a staff member. Put everything in writing. Keep notes of everything. Collect exculpatory evidence for yourself and incriminating evidence on others.

In any case, his notes of life in the org do provide an interesting glimpse into life as a staff member.

Hubbard in all his wisdom taught that the only reason a person could possibly want to leave staff is because of his or her own wrongdoing. It could not possibly be the sleep deprivation or hunger or lack of any kind of a social life outside of the organisation. It couldn't possibly be because they can't pay the rent or have nowhere to live or are being yelled at and prevented from doing their job.

If people truly knew all this before they signed a contract that their integrity would cause them to try and honour, let alone the financial penalties incurred by being a "freeloader", they would never be so stupid. Indeed, most public who have been around for a while know to run like the plague from any recruitment cycle. As much as the hard sell of the "reg" interview can ruin your life, a recruitment interview can ruin it worse.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Same with me, The_Fixer. Some of the documents I hope to scan show how much I was still a Scientologist up until at least four or five years after I left. And I think there are still aspects that affect my thinking in some areas - like when I struggle to find the "wog" word for something. If I have to kind of translate to the "wog" from the Scientologese word then I know the native thought sprouts from a Scientology worldview.

I'm so glad you're out and good on you for being a bit of a rebel. We all just do what we have to do to get out of it and survive getting out of it at a mental level, I think. And yes, that does leave us stuffed up to various degrees, but, hey, at least we are free. One step at a time - that's all anyone can do.

One thing about looking backwards like this is that I am starting to realise just how far I have come.

You're a great person - you really are.

Thanks Purple. :arose:

Purple Rain

Crusader
esmb0002r_zps7424a933.jpg
esmb0002br_zpsd6003aa8.jpg

2 Feb 92

This morning I informed [name], OES / T/T/ED ACT that I had [student X] and [student Y] in on course for LOC this morning at 10am and that they needed to go through lines on their LOC CT-1. [OES] is the KTL Team Review Auditor. She is also the Dir Review and Qual Sec HFA. I am posted as the KTL Supe, also functioning as the otherwise non-existant [sic] LOC supe and am not in Qual. Last night I had to do the exams on my KTL students as [OES] was unavailable. Today [OES] suggested I ring [student X] + [student Y] and tell them NOT to come in until 12 noon, 2 hours less on course, and then I put them through lines. Her reason for this was that she hadn't read the issues or high-crimed them. I am supe'ing KTL (+ potentially LOC) this morning. [OES] went off to a tape play after making her suggestion.

esmb0003r_zps61a30707.jpg

File12 Apr 92
[ED] took [student Y]'s pc folder to look over it on about 19 Feb 92 and it still isn't back.

[ED] took [student X]'s pc folder to look over it on about 23 Feb 92 and it still isn't back.

esmb0004r_zps89470fa6.jpg

31 May 92

- [OES] late in (about 9am)
- States We need you to stay back tonight for renos. We needed you last night too.
- Hadn't asked/told me a/g about Sat other than I would be supeing [student Z] at [student x]'s, in the org, probably at [student X]'s.

esmb0005r_zps068d0493.jpg

6 Jun 92

1. I'm taking the bin out at about 9:15am. [OES] says, "That should've been done before 9."
  2. I'm fixing fp/pp list. [OES] says, "What are you doing coz I'd prefer you to be doing post work. The Academy's gained 1 student and the KTL area's lost 1." ([Student Z] comp'ed LOC and onto ST HAT) 9:33am
  3. 10:03am [OES] , "What ya doing?" "Printing out some muster sheets." "You need to get out some PROMO, after that"

esmb0006r_zpsabe1235e.jpg

15 Jun 92

[ED] + [OES] slept the night in the org and didn't get up till 9am at which time a student tried to enter the ACAD where they were sleeping.

([ED] got back from CLO at about midnight the night of 14/15 Jun having gone up on 13 Jun at about 9am)

esmb0007r_zps686b5c00.jpg

16 Jun 92

8:15 - 9:00am

[OES] + [ED] in HE+Ry meeting on production quota's [sic].

esmb0008r_zps38f26530.jpg

19 Jun 92

OES + ED doing EC etc till after 12 midnight last night. Slept in Org. Got up at 9:15am when phone rang. Went back to "bed" in back auditing room ([HGC auditor]'s) till 1115 [sic] whilst I continued to supe.

esmb0009r_zpsbcd555b1.jpg

21 Jun 92

I was in the ACAD getting ready for a student who was due to arrive. This was @ about 9:07am. [OES] said, "the bins need emptying." in an antago tone. I left the course room, emptied the bins + returned to find that [OES] was explaining to my student that I was late.

esmb0010r_zps3d304a4c.jpg

[OES] didn't arrive till 9am. We both caught the Sunday bus in
She said, "I thought you were biking it in. I don't like it when there isn't s/one there at 8:30" when I got on the bus.

esmb0011r_zpsef12d7df.jpg

22 Jun 92

[OES] + [ED] slept in the Org last night. ([ED] back from CLO about 9pm). [ED] got up @ 8:45am [OES] shortly after.

esmb0012r_zps207feec3.jpg

14/7/92

"This is great. The solution is put a stop on the line." - [ED] on [student A] and [student B] comping + me refusing to also be the Qual terminal after supeing them.

esmb0013r_zps3b71bdc2.jpg

3 Oct 92

"There's some reference on it. I haven't seen it. I've asked him not to because its [sic] using up paper. It uses up invoices." [OES] to [ED] Re: Issuance of Unclassed certs using invoices (OEC 5:360)

esmb0014r_zpsb21b8656.jpg

15 Sep 92

[ED] + [OES] late
arrived 11:45am

esmb0015r_zpsdab02eb8.jpg

26 Sep 92

[ED] said to [OES] let's get to lunch I've got a first start turning up at 1 and they left. At 1, she, [name], turned up and I was the only 1 left in the Org + so I had to 1st start her whilst I was also supposed to be supeing.

esmb0016r_zps14f6254b.jpg

26 Sep 92

Whilst supeing Sat arvo the phone rang + rang. Then [name], a pc in session, screamed out "somebody answer the phone." It continued ringing. I ended up having to leave the course rm (I was supeing) + take the phone off the hook. [OES] had gone to the lou [sic].

esmb0017r_zps6adfef56.jpg

I carry a full cup to the kitchen to wash it out. I get down the corridoor [sic]. [OES] yells out "You could have filled the kettle up for us!" (antag). I don't normally fill the kettle (or empty a cup). I return + say, "I could have. And I will." [OES] says, "Dev-T!"

8:16am
28 Sep 92

esmb0018r_zps1b43e47d.jpg

29/9/92

At 10:45am today a new student was routed into the course room to start U+D LIC. He had not been invoiced for the service though he had PPRed to cover it. I sent him out to get properly invoiced. [OES] got up walked past the course room door, looked in, huffed then walked off to get the invoice book.

esmb0019r_zps792d58bf.jpg

3 Oct 92

At about 10:45am I took a cert, made up, for a guy ([name]) who was about to comp U+D LIC for her sig' as C+A. She said, "Did you write out an invoice for this?" I said, "yes." She said, "I told you not to. Why did you disobey me?" I said, "Ron said to do it this way." She said, "there's a lot of things that Ron says to do that we don't."

esmb0020r_zps5319a187.jpg

14 Oct 92

"Any chance of getting some more vits?"
"Does this indicate PTSness?"
"Yeah - it's a cold."
"Then you need a PTS handling. I'm not sure what I can do with an OT III."
[OES] then went to breakfast (at 8:55am)
I went into the course room, without vits, at 8:59am.

esmb0021r_zps2059a1eb.jpg

25 Oct 92

[OES] + [ED] didn't arrive until 12:30 and then announced they were having a libs day and left.

esmb0022r_zpsf5918659.jpg

26 Oct 92

[ED] at lunchtime muster states that the staff have CI as they all got the GBS up last week (on a bypass of him) and they haven't again yet this wk.

esmb0023ar_zps5f5d6060.jpg
esmb0023br_zpsa2f5a413.jpg

Ethics ACT29 Oct 92

cc: [OES]
CDF CLO ANZO
FDF
[OES]
Knowledge Report

1. At 9:15 am this morning [name], OES ACT and QUAL SEC HFA, ordered me not to comply with LRH policy.
  2. The specific policy was HCO PL 17 Jan 66, Unclassed certificates, which states that "The certificate is invoiced N/C to the candidate." [OES] ordered me NOT to invoice the certificates as it uses up INVOICES. I stated that the policy was to do it that way and [OES] stated that there are other policies we don't follow, restated her order, asked if I understood it, insisted that I follow it and left.
  3. This puts me in a difficult position as my senior has directly ordered me to not follow LRH policy. This also violates HCO PL 9 Aug 72, Seniority of orders and I can be Comm-Ev'ed for following her order yet, if I don't, life may become more difficult as [OES], my senior, and I will be opposing each other at least on this matter.
  4. Admittedly, [OES] is responsible for the issueance [sic] of certificates. However, the only certs I have been able to get out of her over the last two years have been those I personally prepared for my students and passed to her for signature. On one occassion [sic] this was after a period of two months had passed without the cert being issued. On another recent occassion [sic] I had to undergo a verbal tirade for invoicing it before she would sign the cert. All in all, I have probably personally handled in excess of 90% of the ACT certs issued in the last two years. [Name], ED ACT, has also been involved in preparing and issuing certs.
  5. The simple truth is that I am surprised that this simple Promotional Action of an Organization (HCO PL 20 Nov 65 RA I) is so difficult to put in, correctly and per LRH, simply for the sake of a few cents worth of invoice paper. The number of certs we issue is currently far too few and the invoices for them make up an insignificant proportion of the invoices. Besides, Ron said to do it this way and we can. I am appalled at the Qual Sec HFA ordering the org, or me at the least, into off policy handling on this.

This is true,

[signature]

[name]

KTL Supervisor
and sometime
acting/assisting
ACAD/Div 6 Sup.

esmb0024r_zpsd1188447.jpg

Fri 20 Nov 92

Div 6 ing called for at 1pm by [ED]. [2nd husband] supeing [student Y]. Others ([HGC Auditor], [ED], [OES], [DSA]? [FR]?) drill till 3pm. [2nd husband] out at 6pm
2 guys on test bench. [ED] says, "[PES] just routed them up." (only 2 routed all arvo). None routed by [HGC Auditor] or [ED]. [2nd husband] sent out bodyrouting friday eve because of the urgent need.

esmb0025r_zps9368dc88.jpg

22 Nov 92

Div 6 ing called for @ 1pm. [ED] + I present. [HGC Auditor] 15 mins late. [PES] not present though should have been and not arrived by 4pm. [HGC Auditor] arrives goes to his auditing room. [ED] rings [PES]. No answer. [2nd husband] potters around. [ED] goes to collect [PES] at about 2pm + thence [OES] and [purifee] from purif at 2:30pm. [2nd husband] body routing from about 1:30? pm. 2 RTD [routed]. [ED] leaves. [2nd husband] Routes another to test bench. Stays as [HGC Auditor] still out the back and noone to supervise the line. Guy finishes. [2nd husband] marks test. [ED] + [OES] return. [2nd husband] does eval.