What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
The red headed LRH Comm is from Australia - Escalus. You have good taste with whom you dislike. Her maiden name was Sandy Stevens, she married the famous Greg Wihere and had a son named Darius. Greg divorced her - she developed MS, and Darius is somewhere unknown to me. A another real SO sucessful marriage.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
THAT was her name - Sandy Wilhere. No she was not 'good people" but, still, too bad about the MS, though. I am barely remembering Greg Wilhere but I know he turned out to be something or other. I keep thinking the only impression I had of him was that he was a little runt-type guy who if I caught him out on the street i'd pop a left hook right past his OT protective shield if I had the chance. of course I felt that way about a lot of those folks so it could have been somebody else I was thinkin' of. :)

uncle sam

I seek info on Jeff Deitz - where abouts and anything else.
Also seeking the same for Richard Sutton Miller - [ he married the courageous Lynn Fountain around 1970].All 3 were on fcdc staff.

Div6

Crusader
Also seeking the same for Richard Sutton Miller - [ he married the courageous Lynn Fountain around 1970].All 3 were on fcdc staff.

Last I heard (over 10+ years ago) Dietz moved to Atlanta and was in some kind of business there....

Escalus

Patron Meritorious

My Jeff Deitz story... (ahem)

When he was sent to FCDC to get us wankers into shape because we were failing so miserably, Bill Franks (this is obviously before he testified against the Church :hysterical: later in life) decided he was going to instill a little magic and a little fierce pride into the hearts of we downtrodden yokels by shutting down the org for an evening, getting a vat of beer and playing the George C. Scott movie PATTON on a big screen in the cleaned-out course room, which was big enough for a dance hall.

As you may know Patton's nemesis in the movie, on the German side, was Erwin Rommel. For the vast majority of the crowd (all staff was there - Jesus there was a lot of us) there was this adoration flow going out to the screen everytime Patton was doing his "I've lived before" routine (mostly because everybody was so surprised to see past-lives in a wog movie cuz, you know, there was no such thing as past lives outside of Scientology :eyeroll: ) but whenever Rommel came on the screen Deitz, a committed Aryan at the time... I guess?... would be the lone guy applauding.

Yeah ok... I guess you had to be there. Was anybody else there?

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors

Didn't Deitz move on to flag in the late 70s? He was doing Div 6 stuff down there if I remember correctly. Might have been a temporary assignment.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
“…Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes exist….” ~L. Ron Hubbard, “Critics of Scientology”, November 5, 1967

Nice sig......Escalus. I don't even want to know your crimes and I'll bet you don't want to know mine.

uncle sam

Bill Franks. He was a big deal at fcdc!

Bill Franks! Remember him and his wife Jeannie?
If you were to send him a message, what would you say or ask? I want to Know.

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
well...

Bill Franks! Remember him and his wife Jeannie?
If you were to send him a message, what would you say or ask? I want to Know.

I'd say hey Bill, remember the time you put a non-enturbulation order out on me? Heh, that was pretty cool.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Last I read Franks was trading commodities but was very silent about his wife. He has three kids... who I feel sorry for even if he IS out of the cult.

I'm pretty sure I'd just finished the Flag Executive Briefing Course which I had done all the prerequisites for and they made a big deal about it being available at FCDC and there was a thing going on where Eugene Kallman (who was in a beer commercial 20+ years ago and that's the last I saw of him) was put on conditions or something and I thought it was bullshit so as Dir Personnel I put him in the nursery as part of his amends and when Franks found out he called me up and told me in no uncertain terms to get him somewhere else NOW and here's a rubberband shot at your back to boot.

It's funny how all this was forgotten and now it's coming back and just making me feel like an idiot.

So cut this out!!

You can "hear" him again here...
http://www.whyaretheydead.net/lisa_mcpherson/bob/

uncle sam

Susy Q -Kallman say what to Bill Franks.

You gotta remember her! She was so very nice...
But back to Bill Franks - he's got a helluva story, if we could get it out of him. So, what would you say or ask Bill Franks?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
But back to Bill Franks - he's got a helluva story, if we could get it out of him. So, what would you say or ask Bill Franks?

I got a good chuckle out of Bill Frank's response, when questioned by a *Scientology* attorney, as to whether he'd ever ordered anyone killed, or knew of anyone ordering such.

Just goes to re-emphasize the old maxim that a lawyer should never ask a question he doesn't know the answer to :)

In Bill's case, he admitted that he *did* know of such an order; made by Mo Budlong and Jane Kember.

The rest of the transcripts are also worth reading.

http://www.whyaretheydead.net/lisa_mcpherson/bob/

Zinj

Escalus

Patron Meritorious

I'd say hi, howya doin. Got any tips on winter corn prices.

Bill Franks was a punk, just an early version of David Miscavige.

Whatever happened to Gyme DeAngelo, the cramming officer?

Does anybody remember the Empire Room? That was the restaurant that later was replaced by Food for Thought.

Anybody remember Don Cooper's Esto training course. It was in the back room of the top floor in 1812? I think at least one of the posters here was on it (John Henry).
I have heard that Don Cooper recently died.

Also, does anybody know whatever happened to Ned Burgos?
Paul Kelley?
How about John Keilholtz?
C.C. Sherille?
I remember Qual as Gordon Bell, Sue Wasserman, E. James McDonough, and Gyme Deangelo. There were three interns, Greg Shulman, Jim Leon, and Judy Cranford. This was pre-September 1972.

And how about Mr.Shoup!!!

It would be interesting to put the staff list from 1972-1974 together and find out what happened to everyone.

It was a unique place with a wild bunch of characters. It was crazy, stressful, and fun, all at the same time.

After Franks came, it wasn't fun anymore.

The Anabaptist Jacques

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bill Franks was a punk, just an early version of David Miscavige.

Whatever happened to Gyme DeAngelo, the cramming officer?

Does anybody remember the Empire Room? That was the restaurant that later was replaced by Food for Thought.

Anybody remember Don Cooper's Esto training course. It was in the back room of the top floor in 1812? I think at least one of the posters here was on it (John Henry).
I have heard that Don Cooper recently died.

Also, does anybody know whatever happened to Ned Burgos?
Paul Kelley?
How about John Keilholtz?
C.C. Sherille?
I remember Qual as Gordon Bell, Sue Wasserman, E. James McDonough, and Gyme Deangelo. There were three interns, Greg Shulman, Jim Leon, and Judy Cranford. This was pre-September 1972.

And how about Mr.Shoup!!!

It would be interesting to put the staff list from 1972-1974 together and find out what happened to everyone.

It was a unique place with a wild bunch of characters. It was crazy, stressful, and fun, all at the same time.

After Franks came, it wasn't fun anymore.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I grew up with Jimmy De Angelo and I may have been helpful in getting him "in" :omg:. He was in California the last I heard. I haven't talked to him in 25 years. With a little effort I could find him if you wish. We have many mutual friends from back in the day. PM me if you want to locate him.

I escaped right before Franks came. You are correct Don Cooper died recently. Cancer I think. There is another poster on this board from that era who will know for sure about how he died. The Esto Course, what fond memories I have of that thing, wink, wink. :duh: Remember his wife, Pandora? She did a spread for Hustler a long time ago. I know you couldn't forget her, clothed or unclothed. :flasher:

Gordon I hear is happily out in Arizona. I've often wondered about what happened to Ned. He was a talented guitar player as I recall. CC is probably back in Atlanta sipping Mint Juleps. She was a wild one.

I lost track of the rest on your list.

Mr. Shoup would be 153 years old by now. I remember stealing figs from his tree next to the org. I don't particularly like figs, I think I was just hungry.

I remember Pandora very well.
There were some memorable characters there.
I think Gordon was everybody's favorite.
I still hold Dave Richards in high esteem.

Reading this thread made me think back and so many thoughts came to mind, so I signed on and commented.
I remember the two guys at the counter at Schwartz's with their "96" and butcher knives.
I forgot to mention Bill Reeves was in Qual (before Sue Wassermann.)
I remember the night we moved the CF files from the basement of 1810 to 1812, and moved the HCO files to 1810.
And of course there was Louie Beloucci.

I thought of some other names not yet mentioned like Bev Cola, Lorraine Shefferman, Conley and Betty Kelley, John Thomas, Alan Thomas, Boyd Hall. Sheryl Lowe (Liccardi), Bill and Jeanette Miller, Bill and Sylvia Hynes, Roger Harrison, Phyllis Breggin, James Schisler, Kathy Wilhere, Nancy Pierson, David Noe, Adrianna Castle (although I don't think she was on staff), Tim Weir and the blonde girl he married, I think her name was Jeanette. The names just keep coming. Barb Reeves, Duke and Ann Snyder. There was a guy named Tom who was the staff course supervisor. I forget his last name. There was Larry Hoffmann. There was a tall guy that always hung out with Paul Kelley. Ron Diehm, Joan Tourtellotte and Cindy Krucynski (although they weren't on staff).

Sorry if I bore you folks with my reminiscing.
I heard Larry Spinks was in China. Do you know anything about that?

The Anabaptist Jacques

Status
Not open for further replies.