What's new

David Miscavige: agent saboteur?

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
Honestly, a good argument could probably be made that DM is some kind of saboteur or what have you...literally everything DM does backfires Caddyshack style. Anyone remember that site, it was called Veritas or something, that had this conspiracy theory that DM was an IRS plant or saboteur? Not suggesting that's the case, and doubtful if DM was anything other than what he appears to be, but you have to wonder!

Here is something that has crossed my mind more than once or twice. I'm not in for conspiracy theories as most people understand them these days, as my world view is not that simplistic. However, with the unimaginably stupid maneuvers and "Whys" that Dwarf Midget has foisted off on Scilons for years, using threat and force to push these "Whys" forward despite every single written reference from Hubbard saying to do exactly the opposite, one has to wonder if this guy is not a plant. He fits every definition and description of how a plant would act, even according to Hubbard's own policies.

I don't really think Dwarf Midget is a plant. I think he's just a stupid, power-motivated, self-absorbed dictator who enjoys ridiculing and beating people for his pleasure, and somehow he hid his evil nature long enough to get into a position of power. There are numerous examples of this in history, so Dwarf Midget would be far from the first and won't be the last to make this kind of play. But it's still fun to kind of wonder if someone didn't send this guy in there or offer him some kind of power/money deal to have his way with Cof$ and turn it into the international joke it has now become.

Thoughts?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . I don't really think Dwarf Midget is a plant. I think he's just a stupid, power-motivated, self-absorbed dictator who enjoys ridiculing and beating people for his pleasure, and somehow he hid his evil nature long enough to get into a position of power. There are numerous examples of this in history, so Dwarf Midget would be far from the first and won't be the last to make this kind of play. But it's still fun to kind of wonder if someone didn't send this guy in there or offer him some kind of power/money deal to have his way with Cof$ and turn it into the international joke it has now become.

I agree. David Miscavige is not a plant. Just like L Ron Hubbard, he managed to hide his evil nature, or what ever good that does exist in him has been suppressed after decades of working at the top of Scientology. Decades during which David Miscavige has done nothing that is either outside of KSW Standard L Ron Hubbard Scientology "scripture" and/or L Ron Hubbard's own personal example. Scientology has always been something of a joke but, true again, David Miscavige has really made it international.

Loohan

Am I Mettaya?
CIA plant; one of many. Some of them promote the church, some of them leave conspicuously. Some of them get themselves promoted by NBC Morning News in Sacto.
One of countless CIA psyops to generate artificial events/news/controversies to occupy people's minds.

Veda

Sponsor
Hi IHateDuplicity, I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to when mentioning "every single written reference from Hubbard," or whether you've considered the "Hubbard Law of Commotion," or the "Scientological Onion."

Neither of the above are Hubbard's terms, but terms used to describe Scientology.

In no particular order, here's a sampling of items:

Jesse Prince, former senior Sea Org executive, had this to say regarding Hubbard's instructions to spit and slap as punishment. Even then it was mixed with a psychological element, "Tell him that it was from Ron."

"To make a long story short, I read an advice from L. Ron to Miss Cabbage ordering him to spit in John's [Aczel's] face, and tell him that it was from Ron. Miss Cabbage complied with his order and reported the result. I saw the advice that came back to the compliance report of spitting in John face, and L. Ron was very pleased to hear the news, and escalate the situation by suggesting that someone should slap the hell out of John... Similar degrading actions were taken with David Mayo, and this soon spread to others deemed SPs..."

Further, according to Jesse Prince, from 1999:

"Miscavige is continuing to carry out LRH's orders...

"...Miscavige is doing his best to forward Command Intention, which is contained in the huge [confidential] LRH orders database of the INCOMM computer system of Scientology..."
http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology/jesse.htm

Also, according to Prince, 6 month sec checks began with Hubbard, and according to numerous reliable witnesses, it was Hubbard who changed the upper Grade Chart. Also the rhythmic swing of the needle (three swings) definition of an FN was Hubbard's.

__________​

John McMaster, "the world's first real Clear," interviewed in 1985, referring to the mid 1960s:

"He [Hubbard] got the technology to the point where he had a sort of assembly line as he called it. And he told me how he was putting all these 'square ball bearings' on the beginning of the assembly line, and then turning them into 'round ball bearings' at the other end. That was his idea of 'standard tech'."

McMaster went on to describe being made a galley hand by (then, Commodore) Hubbard, adding, "Hubbard wanted to break me." Hubbard declared McMaster a Suppressive Person in 1969.

__________​

And this from Alan Walter, Clear number 8, from a 2007 post:

"...Ron had Julia Salmon thrown overboard... Julia was [in her fifties], terribly overweight, and could not swim.

"The people who threw her overboard struggled to get her over the side; she was terrified; she kept crying out "I cannot swim!" On her way down she hit the side of the ship - I could hear her screams - it was obvious she was injured and drowning.

"The people on the deck all stood around too afraid to do anything. Fearing to originate any action less the become the target of LRHs displeasure.

"I ran and jumped over the side and rescued her. I then pulled her over to the ladder that led up to the ground level of the dock........it was about 20 feet straight up. She could not climb the steps. I had my shoulders under her butt pushing her up..... no one still had come to help.......but at the top of that ladder stood LRH filming us.....such evil.......

"Anyway after an immense struggle with Julia's help I was able to push her up to the top of the ladder....finally some help arrived.

"Over the years the unthinkable thought pushed forward more and more....it was 'that I observe that LRH was demonic at that time'. I did not want to know that, did not want to believe that.......that was too incredible to be believed - even for me - I did the usual make nothing of myself....'you're seeing things' 'what do you know' 'you've got overts' - much easier to blame self than confront what is..."

___________​

Has Miscavige watched Hubbard's overboard films? It wouldn't be surprising if he has.

As for abortions, there is Hubbard instruction and "scripture" denigrating the importance of family, and gleefully announcing abortions "at will," through psycho-kinetic OT abilities - "just make sure the tube opens," etc.

There would also likely be Hubbard instructions in the from of confidential orders, which are now confidential "scripture."

'Forced abortions on the Apollo, 1968':

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28339-Forced-abortions-amp-the-Apollo-1968

Note: Hubbard's, often quoted by PR people, comments on abortion, in 1950 Dianetics, were about attempted (unsuccessful) abortions.

__________​

Nancy Many talks about Hubbard and Paulette Cooper, starting at 1:30. "[L. Ron] Hubbard hated Paulette Cooper. He hated her and he wanted her destroyed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY76WHmRlYA&feature=player_embedded

_________​

From the Affidavit of Tanja Burden http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm:

"At the Fort Harrison I remained LRH's personal messenger. I observed LRH control the operation of Scientology in various 'Orgs' worldwide from the Fort Harrison. I coded and decoded messages to and directly from Hubbard. Hubbard used approximately 15 codes at this time to conceal his operations, programs, and policies, which he disseminated worldwide. I personally delivered messages concerning Operation Snow White, Operation Freak Out, and other Scientology secret and illegal operations. I also filed these in Hubbard's personal filing cabinet..."

__________​

Schwimmel Puckel, in a 2011 ESMB post, had these observations:

"I quite sure that Hubbard directed this personally... But I can't prove it. But it was/is well known that even as Mary Sue and Jane Kember held those posts they did, nothing was done without Ron overlooking, approving and/or ordering it.

"I never met the man in person. I was in the Guardian's Office Europe 1979 to mid '81. Well, we had telexes clattering in from 'Ron' all the time. He was very much into anything the GO did, was my impression. And we carefully cut the corner that said 'Ron' off of the slips before archiving. No document were to expose Ron as a leader or executive authority of anything anywhere."

_________​

From Russell Miller's interview of David Mayo, Class XII, from August 1986.

This excerpt concerns events from the late 1960s:

"He [Hubbard] could be capable of incredible cruelty. On the ship there was an old man on the Royal Scotman who he made push a peanut round the decks with his nose. He had to get down on his hands and knees, he had to go round the deck, quite a long distance in a race with one or two others also in trouble. The first one back got let off and the last one got a double penalty.

"It was really tough on this old guy, Charlie Reisdorf. The surface of the deck was very rough wood, prone to splinter, so after pushing peanuts with their noses, they all had raw, bleeding noses, leaving a trail of blood behind them. I not only saw it but the entire crew of the ship was mustered - a mandatory attendance - we were required to watch this punishment, to make an example of it for the rest of us. Reisdorf was in his late 50s probably. His two daughters were messengers, they were 11 or 12 at time and his wife was there also.

"It was hard to say which was worse to watch: this old guy with a bleeding nose or his wife and kids sobbing and crying at being forced to watch this. Hubbard was standing there calling the shots, yelling, 'Faster, Faster!'. It was indignity, degradation and breaking a person's will, and making people watch. It was disgusting...

"They used to have people locked in the chain locker, including small children. It was very dangerous because if the anchor started to slip and started running out, it would probably turn a body into a pulp in no time at all...

"He [LRH] had a birthday party on March 13, 1968; there was a woman who he ordered locked in the chain locker. During the party he had brought her out. She was filthy, covered with dirt and rust, and had not been allowed to wash or change clothes - she had been in there for a week... he brought her out to the party. He said he was giving her a reprieve and permitting her to come to the party, as if that was a nice gesture. She wasn't allowed to change. She was brought to the party and had to stay, and later was returned [to the chain locker]... it was flaunting her degradation...

"Why did people stand by?...

"From time to time, Hubbard would cancel such activities like the chain locker, and blame it on someone else... He would start such pronouncements with, 'It has just come to my attention...'

"The length of time for children would vary, but no one was less than a day...

"Reisdorf [peanut pushing] affair - if someone tried to do something, it would have made it worse. Hubbard said that maritime law prevailed... He said that under maritime law, he had total power over everyone on the vessel..."

And one brief excerpt concerning events from the late 1970s:

"He told me he was obsessed with an insatiable lust for power and money. He said it very emphatically. He thought it wasn't possible to get enough. He didn't say it as if it was a fault, just his frustration that he couldn't get enough."

And from an article on 'Clear' by David Mayo from the early 1990s:

It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

__________​

The following is another excerpt from 'Messiah or Madman?' - published 25 years ago:

From a 1986 interview of Martin Samuels, former Mission Holder, and founder of the Delphian School, from the 'Reflections' chapter of the book, 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?'

http://www.amazon.com/reader/0942637577?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt :

"Hubbard operated according to a couple of key patterns.

"The first pattern involved basically decent well intentioned people... no one was able to rise in the organization to a point of any real proximity to him, without being attacked and vilified...

"And of course the next person thinks he or she is immune...

"The next pattern: It's reap and rape. Hubbard would let the reins loose. He'd let people believe they really could get on with it... He'd let people believe they really could prosper to the full extent of their own ability, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

"And, with that kind of freedom, prosperity does occur, Inevitably, though, he'd come along and rape and pillage and rip off and take what had been produced. The most dramatic example of this was '82, '83, when he 'raped' his most decent people in management along with the mission holders, and looted the entire mission network.

"And look at this pattern... He surrounded himself with absolute hooligans as 'managers'; guys who beat the shit out of people. This man, who 'is this OT, the author of Science of Survival, completely able to predict human behavior', surrounded himself with ruthless people - like Miscavige - who got there because they emulated Hubbard's savagery. They emulated his total willingness to completely break, use, and discard another person.

"And then after their hands were so bloody - and the only reason their hands were bloody was that they were doing what Hubbard wanted - when it finally started to get to the point where it couldn't be tolerated by people anymore, Hubbard wiped them out. Then he said. 'My God! I didn't know!' Scapegoat. He even did that to his own wife, who went to jail in his place...

"But the thing that's amazing, and to me terrifying, is the characteristic of the mind, my mind, your mind, and apparently many other people's minds, where I could buy this horseshit, where I could participate in it."

__________​

By 1981, L. Ron Hubbard had decided to remove Mary Sue, who was headed for prison, and this was accomplished by, first, ordering that the CMO [Commodore's Messenger Org] would be senior to the G.O. [Guardians Office]. At the time, Hubbard was concerned about his own well being and comfort, with continuing to bleed Scientology of as much money as possible, which would go into his private overseas bank accounts, and with avoiding process servers, grand juries, and judges. The "shredding party" had just taken place, the purpose of which was to destroy all evidence of Hubbard having ordered anything illegal.

15 years earlier, in 1966, Hubbard had announced that he had "resigned" as "Executive Director" of Scientology, and was entirely concerned with research and writing. He did this while starting the Guardians Office, which he secretly ran and, also, a year later, becoming the "Commodore" of the Sea Organization.

The following is an excerpt from the 1987 book, 'Messiah or Madman?', and gives some idea of the amount of secrecy and intrigue involved in Scientology. [See the 'Bolivar' "pink legs" Policy Letter of 1967 for some insight into this mindset.] It is based on interviews with Franks done in the mid 1980s.

Around 1981, Bill Franks had been appointed by Hubbard as "Executive Director," but what exactly did that mean?

"When... Mary Sue's defense was seen as futile, and the legal heat was being directed increasingly at Hubbard himself, Hubbard ordered a 'palace coup' by his 'kids' (his youthful messengers)...

"David Miscavige 'handled' Mary Sue Hubbard, and Bill Franks was assigned to 'handle' the head of the Guardian's Office, Jane Kember.

"The entire old G.O. was headed for jail. Hubbard ordered his messengers to set up a 'Watchdog Committee'.

"In early 1981 Hubbard also created a new post of Executive Director International. This was announced to be a resumption of the post 'vacated by L. Ron Hubbard in 1966'. The new appointment to Executive Director was Bill Franks...

"It was presented to Franks that he would be assuming all of Hubbard's administrative functions. However, Bill told me years later, after leaving the Church, that he had since concluded that Hubbard set him up in order to help him rid himself of Jane Kember...

"What was actually happening at the time of the mission holders' meeting was that Bill had been 'put in charge' as an additional facade for Hubbard. Bill was supposed to have 'instinctively' understood that he was merely to be window dressing. Hubbard was still in control while operating through new additional facades, consisting of the mysterious WDC and Franks. These fronts were designed to protect Hubbard from criminal prosecution that had already consumed his previous facade, consisting of his wife and her G.O. clique.

"Hubbard had not counted on Bill Franks and the mission holders' backlash reaction against what he [Bill Franks] considered 'G.O. type abuses'.

"Franks naively believed that Hubbard had genuinely stepped down, leaving him in the top spot. Bill's reform efforts were constantly getting derailed by these 'kids' however (secretly implementing Hubbard's intent), so he feared that they would go on to commit crimes similar to the G.O bunch..."

So the mission holders were rebelling, but had no idea that they were rebelling against Hubbard, but Hubbard knew, and reacted fiercely.

__________​

Some months ago, Bill Franks was interviewed [mid 2012] on a radio program. Franks mentioned that it was L. Ron Hubbard who ran Scientology's Fair Game operations. He also briefly discussed Paulette Cooper: "Basically, everything came from Hubbard. He actually ran that day to day."

And as for Hubbard throwing his wife under the bus, which has been known for some time, Bill Franks added some fascinating detail:

"Hubbard had me and Miscavige and a few others interview Mary Sue... and... we had a van outside that was taping all this. And, basically, it was to get as much incriminating - to get her to incriminate herself as much as possible, and this would be, through a circumlocutious manner, fed to the government."

Tom Smith/Interviewer: "And this was Hubbard's idea?"

Bill Franks: "This was from L. Ron Hubbard to set up his wife. Right."

Contrary to Hubbard's numerous assurances to Scientologists that there are many OT levels above OT 7 and OT 8, these levels appear not to exist. Hubbard left Miscavige, who was his general manager and chief henchman, with an empty bag, "tech"-wise. In other words, there is no "Bridge," and what partial "Bridge" exists was mangled by Hubbard when he butchered the middle Grade Chart in 1978, creating the problematic "Dianetic Clear," apparently out of concern for the "reputation of Dianetics," and to increase the "flow up the Bridge," with people, now "Clear," expected to leave Missions and report to "AOs" or "Flag" for the "OT levels," where they could spend their money on "NOTs," instead of giving it to the Mission Holders, Mission Holders who were soon to be raided and looted, on Hubbard's orders.

Hubbard had always wanted Scientology to obtain tax exemption, and that occurred in the early 1990s, and, suddenly, fund raising, of the type that is done now by $cientology, became very lucrative, and legal.

Also, Hubbard had no aversion to money, or to obtaining property (despite publicized "lip service" to the contrary), and many of Scientology's current - major - properties were obtained while Hubbard was still alive.

IMO, $cientology is not quite as "off Source" any some might think. :)

Hope this mish mosh of information is of some help.

miscaveat

Patron
IMO, $cientology is not quite as "off Source" any some might think. :)

All valid points, but there is definitely a wide gulf between Scientology under LRH and Scientology under DM. Despite his fatal flaws, Scientology was on a statistically upward trend until the corporate "reforms" in 1981/1982 that saw the disbanding of the GO, mass expelling of members (including a large number of Mission Holders), and the takeover of management by the Sea Org.

I mean, if you look at all the material from that era, the testimonies, the controversies, the critical stuff, all of it demonstrates that despite the huge problems stemming from LRH's megalomania, Scientology was still able to keep growing the membership and retain most of those members.

Under DM since the 1990s the CoS has been consistently downstat and lost more members than it's been able to retain. Not only that, there are extremely few raw publics signing up for services, and of those few who do, almost all of them end up leaving after a few weeks or months.

Also, Scientology wasn't anywhere near as expensive back then, and there were no fundraisers or the kind of crush regging that's been in play since DM took over. And then there's GAT, the constant reissuing of books & materials, and so on.

While it's probably true that DM is just doing what he thinks is "on-Source", he's taken it to such an extreme that not even LRH ever came close to that kind of nuttiness.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hubbard was every bit as offensively stupid as Miscavige... I don't know that the Terror Midget does everything opposite what Hubbard says. Mostly Miscavige, and the cult, follows CofS PR and Intelligence policy and doctrine, as I'm observing it.. Yep, it really IS that stupid, and Hubbard wrote it that stupidly.. One exeption being the 'alter-is' to policy and tech. Miscavige is 'squirreling' in that area.

:yes:

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
When I'm referring to Hubbard's writings, I'm referring to Hubbard's actual writings, not the heaps of reports from others of what Hubbard told them and how evil he was. Listen, I'm sure there are a lot of good points in people's recalls of what Hubbard did and said, and there's no way the guy was a saint and never did anything wrong. But I was involved with Cof$ for a long time. I talked to a LOT of people over that time who knew him personally. In fact, I made it a point to always quiz people who knew him, get them to tell me everything they could about him. These were people who worked with him on the Apollo, guys who were in the original Tech films, etc. These were not stupid people and they were not delusional. They never related any of this kind of insane, perverse behavior to me. I've listened to hundreds if not thousands of hours of this guy lecturing, not just to the public but also confidential lectures. I feel I have a good sense of the man and what he was trying to do. I don't think he was a saint and I don't think he was the Devil. But that's not what my OP is about so I don't want to get off into that discussion.

Getting back on point, the idea that Dwarf Midget is carrying on all of LRH's directives perfectly and is 100% KSW is total nonsense. There are numerous and repeated violations of LRH policies. Otherwise, many of us would never have had any cause to be concerned about what he was doing and started looking around (when we were still in) and wondered what the hell was going on.

The policies I was thinking of when I wrote my OP on this thread were the Data Series. I don't have them here to quote them now, but I can paraphrase things like "the heart of review is humility" when one is reviewing the results of one's evals, how to handle evals that are clearly wrong or not getting the product, etc. Dwarf Midget finds wrong Whys and uses force and denigration to enforce his programs when stats and results clearly indicate he should be cancelling those evals and programs and finding new ones. This is written right in the Data Series policy letters in big bold letters.

Another example of a clearly violated policy is from the PR Series. LRH states in big bold capital letters to NEVER USE LIES IN PR. They always rebound on the liar and then nothing he ever says is believed again. Like it or not, this is LRH policy. And Dwarf Midget violates it on a daily basis. Which is the reason he is in so much trouble with the general public. They know the Cof$ lies through its teeth and they don't believe what they say.

Before rebuttal, please note things I did not say or assert: (1) all LRH policy is 100% correct; (2) I think Hubbard was a great guy who was just misunderstood and his work was twisted around by others; (3) all critics of LRH are liars; and (4) I agree with the Cof$ and what it is doing. I did not say any of those things because I don't believe any of them to be true. I merely make the point that Dwarf Midget violates Hubbard's policies over and over and over again. This is so obvious that it is like calling the sky blue.

Veda

Sponsor
All valid points, but there is definitely a wide gulf between Scientology under LRH and Scientology under DM. Despite his fatal flaws, Scientology was on a statistically upward trend until the corporate "reforms" in 1981/1982 that saw the disbanding of the GO, mass expelling of members (including a large number of Mission Holders), and the takeover of management by the Sea Org.

I mean, if you look at all the material from that era, the testimonies, the controversies, the critical stuff, all of it demonstrates that despite the huge problems stemming from LRH's megalomania, Scientology was still able to keep growing the membership and retain most of those members.

Under DM since the 1990s the CoS has been consistently downstat and lost more members than it's been able to retain. Not only that, there are extremely few raw publics signing up for services, and of those few who do, almost all of them end up leaving after a few weeks or months.

Also, Scientology wasn't anywhere near as expensive back then, and there were no fundraisers or the kind of crush regging that's been in play since DM took over. And then there's GAT, the constant reissuing of books & materials, and so on.

While it's probably true that DM is just doing what he thinks is "on-Source", he's taken it to such an extreme that not even LRH ever came close to that kind of nuttiness.

The things you described in your first paragraph were actions ordered by Hubbard. Hubbard ordered prices increase, on a monthly basis, in 1976, and that went on for years. The "Bridge" became much more expensive with "NOTs," which was also Hubbard's idea.

Hubbard always had the next mysterious level or a new auditing action or course of some kind, and these were occasionally released, exciting the membership; and then there was the promise of the upper upper OT levels, which, it seems, never existed, and Miscavige doesn't seem to have the imagination to dream up any.

Without Hubbard, the mystique is gone, the Scio-trance is weakened, and all Miscavige has is re-cycled old Hubbard stuff.

Although, I've no doubt that, if someone else took control of the people-machine of $cientology, that it could be run much more effectively, and with better PR, and the psycho-political operation&fan club/personality cult, envisioned, by Hubbard would have a new boost, at least for a while.

Consider this time line:

People have been leaving the CofS since 1954 when Scientology was incorporated as a Church. Before that, people left Dianetics, some of the better remembered are J.A. Winter (who wrote the Introduction for 'DMSMH'), and John Campbell (who published the first article on Dianetics in his 'Astounding Science Fiction' magazine). They left in 1950 and 1951.

Then came the transition to Scientology, after Hubbard lost the rights to the name 'Dianetics', and decided to drive former business partner, supporter and benefactor, Don Purcell, bonkers by concocting - pretty much overnight - "Whole Track Maps," and then the book 'History of Man' ("This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last 60 trillion years.") And more left.

Richard DeMille, who wrote some pieces now attributed to Hubbard, left around 1953. There were many others.

In 1959, L. Ron Hubbard Jr. left.

Lots of people left in the early 1960s with the era of 'Sec Checking', deciding that any group that insists that its members undergo metered interrogation, with such questions as "Are you a pervert" or "Have you ever had any unkind thoughts about L. Ron Hubbard?" was not for them.

By 1965, Hubbard wrote 'Keeping Scientology Working', invented the SP Doctrine and SP Declares, Disconnection, the Fair Game Law, and the "deadly serious," and "vital to your survival," history of the universe&your mind "upper levels" (which, we were told, no one could discover but Hubbard, who, in his written confidential materials, authoritatively told Scientologists); also around this time, Hubbard starting calling himself 'Source'. Many more people left.

In 1967 came the Sea Org and Xenu, and more left.

By the late 1960s and early 1970s, the Commodore and his ashtray-carrying 13 year old girl servants were a law unto themselves on the 'Flagship', the "safest and sanest place in the universe," and more left.

John McMaster, 'The World's First Real Clear' and the 'Pope' of Scientology, left.

Writer William Burroughs came along, was involved briefly, did the Clearing Course then, upon completion, when asked if he wished to sign up for OT2, said, "No thanks," and left.

Many others left.

Then came the RPF and the RPF's RPF, and more left.

By early 1977, Hubbard had written his "LSD, Years after they had Come of off' HCOB, in which he described people who had ever taken LSD as "zombies," and soon after told them that they were required to wear rubber suits and run around for hours, and more left.

Then, in July 1977 came the FBI raids, and two years later came the court-ordered release of thousands of pages of previously secret Scientology documents, and Hubbard's super-secret spying and covert attack tech, and even more left.

Consulting an old first edition copy of 'What is Scientology?' from 1978, the number of Clears, year by year, (Clearing Course Clears) is listed. During 1977 and 1978, the number of people, attesting to "Clear," diminished significantly. It was only the invention of "Dianetic Clear" - and the accompanying Dianetic Clear mass frenzy, plus the new (put there by Hubbard.) NOTs levels - that resulted in increased stats. The Dianetic Clear mass-frenzy eventually fizzled out, and NOTs eventually became a disappointment. - NOTs didn't remove the final barrier to "OT" as Hubbard had asserted.

Hubbard had decided that almost everyone was "Clear" and needed to exit Missions (which he was in the early stage of looting), and go "up lines" and spend their money there, where Hubbard had immediate access to the money.

This was followed, a few years later, by Hubbard responding to the first Mission Holders Meeting by sending his #1 henchman, David Miscavige, to "handle" the 2nd Mission Holders meeting, and more left.

Then, roughly around that time, came the partial unearthing of Hubbard's past by way of the "Shannon documents," obtained through the Freedom of Information act, and more left.

By July 1984, there was Gerry Armstrong vs. Church of Scientology, and the further unearthing of Hubbard's past, and even more left.

Then came books like 'Messiah or Madman?' and 'Barefaced Messiah', and many more left.

Then came the Internet.

Ah!, the Internet! That's a problem that Hubbard never had.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I'm talking about Hubbard's insanely confused conception of Public Relations and Intelligence, as written by the nutter himself and taught on the damned PR course at St.Hill!

:yes:

Veda

Sponsor
When I'm referring to Hubbard's writings, I'm referring to Hubbard's actual writings, not the heaps of reports from others of what Hubbard told them and how evil he was. Listen, I'm sure there are a lot of good points in people's recalls of what Hubbard did and said, and there's no way the guy was a saint and never did anything wrong. But I was involved with Cof$ for a long time. I talked to a LOT of people over that time who knew him personally. In fact, I made it a point to always quiz people who knew him, get them to tell me everything they could about him. These were people who worked with him on the Apollo, guys who were in the original Tech films, etc. These were not stupid people and they were not delusional. They never related any of this kind of insane, perverse behavior to me. I've listened to hundreds if not thousands of hours of this guy lecturing, not just to the public but also confidential lectures. I feel I have a good sense of the man and what he was trying to do. I don't think he was a saint and I don't think he was the Devil. But that's not what my OP is about so I don't want to get off into that discussion.

Getting back on point, the idea that Dwarf Midget is carrying on all of LRH's directives perfectly and is 100% KSW is total nonsense. There are numerous and repeated violations of LRH policies. Otherwise, many of us would never have had any cause to be concerned about what he was doing and started looking around (when we were still in) and wondered what the hell was going on.

The policies I was thinking of when I wrote my OP on this thread were the Data Series. I don't have them here to quote them now, but I can paraphrase things like "the heart of review is humility" when one is reviewing the results of one's evals, how to handle evals that are clearly wrong or not getting the product, etc. Dwarf Midget finds wrong Whys and uses force and denigration to enforce his programs when stats and results clearly indicate he should be cancelling those evals and programs and finding new ones. This is written right in the Data Series policy letters in big bold letters.

Another example of a clearly violated policy is from the PR Series. LRH states in big bold capital letters to NEVER USE LIES IN PR. They always rebound on the liar and then nothing he ever says is believed again. Like it or not, this is LRH policy. And Dwarf Midget violates it on a daily basis. Which is the reason he is in so much trouble with the general public. They know the Cof$ lies through its teeth and they don't believe what they say.

Before rebuttal, please note things I did not say or assert: (1) all LRH policy is 100% correct; (2) I think Hubbard was a great guy who was just misunderstood and his work was twisted around by others; (3) all critics of LRH are liars; and (4) I agree with the Cof$ and what it is doing. I did not say any of those things because I don't believe any of them to be true. I merely make the point that Dwarf Midget violates Hubbard's policies over and over and over again. This is so obvious that it is like calling the sky blue.

As one old time ex-Sea Org exec, who was on the Royal Scotman/Royal Scotsman/Apollo, with Hubbard, said 30 years ago - and I didn't understand it then - "Policy is mainly cover."

$cientology is not run, solely, on 'Green Volume' HCOPLs. It never was. It was always run as a "tight conspiracy," to use Hubbard's words.

All I can do is suggest that you consult the sources already mentioned. :)

You might start with this and its links:

http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105/index.html

Terril park

Sponsor

Mike and Marty have made numerous comments on how the entire management
of CO$ has in effect been destroyed and all thats left is DMs command intention.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

-snip-

OK :), maybe this will help.

Scientology's (Hubbard's) multi-layered PR tech:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=1911

Discussion re. the overt/covert nature of (Hubbard's) Scientology:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...uot-Point-System-Document&p=392666#post392666

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
of CO$ has in effect been destroyed and all thats left is DMs command intention.

Mike and Marty, these days, agree more with Jesse Prince than they do with your PR-tinted view.

Gib

Crusader

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors

That's kind of my point. That is what an agent saboteur or a plant would do at the highest levels. Destroy everything that is Cof$ and operate solely on his own whim and caprice.

Terril park

Sponsor
That's kind of my point. That is what an agent saboteur or a plant would do at the highest levels. Destroy everything that is Cof$ and operate solely on his own whim and caprice.

I don't think DMs motivation is because he's an agent saboteur. His motivation
is basically evil. I'm happy with "SP" and these other characteristics described below.
Narcissist seems to hit many nails on the head.

so·ci·o·path [soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-] Show IPA
noun Psychiatry.
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

psy·cho·path [sahy-kuh-path] Show IPA
noun
a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism:[7]

Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.

Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.

Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.

Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.

Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.

Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.

Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist there is no boundary between self and other.

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
You always wonder why someone didn't take Hitler out...or Blubbard...or Miscabbage. I guess it's easier said than done - especially being exterior to the situation.

I sure hope there's a special place in hell for these people that perpetrate these atrocities.

Mojo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Here is something that has crossed my mind more than once or twice. I'm not in for conspiracy theories as most people understand them these days, as my world view is not that simplistic. However, with the unimaginably stupid maneuvers and "Whys" that Dwarf Midget has foisted off on Scilons for years, using threat and force to push these "Whys" forward despite every single written reference from Hubbard saying to do exactly the opposite, one has to wonder if this guy is not a plant. He fits every definition and description of how a plant would act, even according to Hubbard's own policies.

I don't really think Dwarf Midget is a plant. I think he's just a stupid, power-motivated, self-absorbed dictator who enjoys ridiculing and beating people for his pleasure, and somehow he hid his evil nature long enough to get into a position of power. There are numerous examples of this in history, so Dwarf Midget would be far from the first and won't be the last to make this kind of play. But it's still fun to kind of wonder if someone didn't send this guy in there or offer him some kind of power/money deal to have his way with Cof$ and turn it into the international joke it has now become.

Thoughts?

I think he 'is' a plant.

mojo