What's new

My experience with a relationship with someone in Scn

dsmturbo

Patron
If you leave her alone - she will come to her senses faster. If you force her to look when she is not ready - she will throw herself into it to be right. My loved ones left me alone and I came to my senses faster because of that. Had they made a stink - they would have driven me into it even more.

It is the RUINS that drive one into it hoping they can buy a solution out but it gets worse....and their is no stopping to the ruins!! Scientology creates them and you have to fix them!

Thanks and I agree, as hard as it will be, leaving her alone may be what she needs.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Thanks for the responses folks. I was just curious.

I would agree with your sentiments there Takin' time, but as I said, I was only curious about the legal aspects of it in the US.

So I take it - to enforce it, it has to become a lawsuit. A potential minefield for anyone really, whether one wins or loses.

In earlier days, Scn lawyers would make various threatening noises. The purpose was not to win a lawsuit, but to make the target spend so much money on lawyers to deal with them, that the target was ultimately bankrupted and stressed into illness, regardless of the actual legal outcome.

Whether they still have enough funds to attempt this on everybody who comes to their notice is another story. I don't think they do, any more.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
That all makes a lot of sense to me. Except...

The magic dust probably lies in the realm of a heightened clash between her deeper thoughts or feelings she developed earlier in life and an opposite or conflicting practice in her scientology world. Something that is so 'just not right' that it is intolerable for her, and she takes her life back into her own hands. I suspect that is a commonality of many of us who have left.

I agree. If she was truly still "in", then she would not have considered having a relationship with a non-Scn.

As others have noted, if you push her outside her comfort zone, then she'll go deeper "in". I think of it like fly-fishing: you don't yank hard, because that will break the line, but a continuous gentle pull will ultimately reel her in.

dsmturbo

Patron
So, long story short my mom was never to happy about me dating this woman. So needless to say she didn't care to meet her.

Today I broke down and told my mom everything and I mean everything including the disconnecting part, what Snc boils down to, what leaving CoS would mean to this woman losing a lot. My mom saw how tough this decision would be on her.

My mom's reply was "If she comes out and she loses everything, tell her she'll have a loving a caring family on this side waiting to embrace her". Fucking tears came out of my eyes.

This is what I grew up with all my life and I believe no faction should have this type of power over someone.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
:thumbsup: Hard to find the words. Perhaps .... Seeds of love are very fruitful and seeds of hate destroy even themselves.
Thank you for your story dsmturbo.

So, long story short my mom was never to happy about me dating this woman. So needless to say she didn't care to meet her.

Today I broke down and told my mom everything and I mean everything including the disconnecting part, what Snc boils down to, what leaving CoS would mean to this woman losing a lot. My mom saw how tough this decision would be on her.

My mom's reply was "If she comes out and she loses everything, tell her she'll have a loving a caring family on this side waiting to embrace her". Fucking tears came out of my eyes.

This is what I grew up with all my life and I believe no faction should have this type of power over someone.