What's new

Coverage of Shelly Miscavige's Disappearance

Orglodyte

Patron with Honors
I find the idea of an OSA assassin hat to be credible. When I was a lowly FCDC staffer, the GO guy showed me the 45 he kept under his pillow. He told me he would kill for Scientology because it would be the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics. BTW he also told me he could mock up sex in a light bulb. I guess being a cult assassin curtails you love life!

th

OMG another answer to "How many Scientologists does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

Two, but how did they get in there?

freethinker

Sponsor
It takes all Scientologists to screw in a light bulb because they havn't seen the light yet.

BTW that is a left hand thread on that light bulb and probably the main reason they can't light up their lives.

If a s Scientologist could "mock up" being sane, we might have an opening to worlwide clearing.:yes:
OMG another answer to "How many Scientologists does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

kate8024

-deleted-

The facsimile you uncovered of two Scientologists having sex in a light bulb is actually part of the 60W implant put there by the Mugaboo civilization over 20 years ago when they were having under population issues and in danger of going extinct. The entire civilization was made up of light bulb filaments which lived in the Fort Harrison hotel. Sadly this entire civilization has now gone extinct and was replaced by a new civilization with a much lower energy level.

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader
I find the idea of an OSA assassin hat to be credible. When I was a lowly FCDC staffer, the GO guy showed me the 45 he kept under his pillow. He told me he would kill for Scientology because it would be the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics. BTW he also told me he could mock up sex in a light bulb. I guess being a cult assassin curtails you love life!

th

Sex in a light bulb! Sounds hot....

:p

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mike: Shelly Miscavige Why She Stays

Mike Rinder: Shelly Miscavige Why She Stays
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/shelly-miscavige-why-she-stays/

Excerpt:
Tony Ortega continues on a roll of excellent reporting on the Leah Remini story, and again this morning has another very worthwhile piece. Whatever you may think of his personal views of Scientology (which after all, he IS entitled to), you have to admire his courage, his persistence and the network of sources he has built up over many years who feel he is a safe and reliable outlet for their information. He also writes clearly and well and takes the time to explain and include information to make understandable what can often be an impossibly arcane and confusing subject to the uninitiated.

His reporting this morning on Shelly Miscavige should be read by anyone interested in Scientology.

It is most fortunate that Tony has been providing such good reading as I have been otherwise occupied over the past couple of days, but should be back to normal tomorrow.

One additional note about the situation with Shelly.

It is highly unlikely after this amount of time that even if someone could talk to her that she would say she wants to leave. Typical for this situation, she has been indoctrinated since early childhood to believe that whatever circumstances she finds herself in are HER DOING. That she is responsible for being sent away to live in purgatory for years, and that only when SHE has resolved HER own transgressions will all be well. And of course, part of that in her mind is convincing herself she no longer wants to leave — it is the first step “I must be getting my overts off as I no longer want to leave.”

This question — why do people stay in the Sea Org/church even though they are abused and treated like emaciated cattle is one of the hardest things to explain to those who have not been there. I tried to cover this in a response to a question on Marty Rathbun’s blog in February 2012. I reprint it here as I think it helps explain the mindset:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
SHELLY SPEAKS: Scientology Leader’s Banished Wife Says She’ll Get Out “Only One Way”

Tony Ortega - SHELLY SPEAKS: Scientology Leader’s Banished Wife Says She’ll Get Out “Only One Way”
http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/17/sh...anished-wife-says-shell-get-out-only-one-way/

Excerpt:
One of the most intriguing mysteries of the Church of Scientology is the disappearance of Shelly Miscavige, wife of the church’s leader, David Miscavige. A frequent refrain heard from critics of the church is “Where’s Shelly?” — and that question is also central to the recent defection of Leah Remini, who began to break away from the church when she didn’t get a satisfactory answer.

We can now say that we have received new confirmation that Shelly Miscavige is living and working at Scientology’s super-secret CST headquarters near Lake Arrowhead in the mountains above Los Angeles, where she has been the entire time since she was sent there in late 2005 or early 2006.

We’re told that attempts to have Shelly visit her family have been futile, and when she was asked recently when she might see her family again, she answered, “There’s only one way,” with no further explanation.

We asked former church spokesman Mike Rinder how to interpret that. He said it seemed an obvious reference to Shelly’s only previous opportunity to leave the compound, when she was briefly allowed to attend the funeral of her father in the summer of 2007, and was accompanied by a church “handler” who never let Shelly out of her sight.

Another funeral in the family may be Shelly’s only opportunity to leave the confines of the CST compound.

Shelly, we’re told, has been conditioned to believe that she is at fault for her confinement, and that her job of working to preserve the works of L. Ron Hubbard is a worthwhile goal.

She may not believe that she needs to be “rescued” from her fate.

Dukat

Patron with Honors
God bless that heroic hunk in the center.

Sorry to go off topic, but that gorgeous hunk of epicness, Gerry 'No Ego Problems' Armstrong must be relishing the dissolution of $cientology. I bet he wants to say 'I told you so...' to so many -- but he won't. He's too fucking great. I love him and had to jump in here to say this.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

th

I'm s sick bastard who reads *far* too much medical literature, so when you said "mock up sex with a light bulb", my mind went here:

http://archive.ispub.com/journal/th...ody-in-the-rectum-1.html#sthash.bUIcExC5.dpbs

Remember kids, the way to remove the light bulb is with the matching light socket attached to the end of a broom handle. In case there's any ... Uhhh ... pressure bult up in there, it should be a loooong broom handle.:omg:

tutu

Patron
Re: SHELLY SPEAKS: Scientology Leader’s Banished Wife Says She’ll Get Out “Only One W

Tony Ortega - SHELLY SPEAKS: Scientology Leader’s Banished Wife Says She’ll Get Out “Only One Way”
http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/17/sh...anished-wife-says-shell-get-out-only-one-way/

We’re told that attempts to have Shelly visit her family have been futile, and when she was asked recently when she might see her family again, she answered, “There’s only one way,” with no further explanation.

This quote sounds dramatic but in actuality it is one I've heard before. "The way out is the way through." When on courses and auditing and there are uncomfortable situations you have to face, such as something bad that you did or a painful memory, it was considered that you would be better on the other side of the incident after having faced your issue and being done with the process.

So when Shelley said, that may be what she meant. She has to be done with her cramming/program/whatever, which may never happen.

AnonKat

Crusader
Re: SHELLY SPEAKS: Scientology Leader’s Banished Wife Says She’ll Get Out “Only One W

This quote sounds dramatic but in actuality it is one I've heard before. "The way out is the way through." When on courses and auditing and there are uncomfortable situations you have to face, such as something bad that you did or a painful memory, it was considered that you would be better on the other side of the incident after having faced your issue and being done with the process.

So when Shelley said, that may be what she meant. She has to be done with her cramming/program/whatever, which may never happen.

It is sad that that quote was used to put you through torture

AnonKat

Crusader
http://www.breakingfromscientology....um=rss&utm_campaign=where-is-shelly-miscavige

You are here: Home / My Experiences / Current / Where is Shelly Miscavige?
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
August 11, 2013 by Claire Leave a Comment

shelly

In the 14 years that I worked at the scientology headquarters located in Hemet California, Shelly Miscavige was ALWAYS with David Miscavige.

She was his wife, but more importantly she was his personal assistant.

As such, she was responsible for attending all of his meetings, handling his correspondence, running his office and taking care of anything and everything he needed attending to.

Some people didn’t like her.

I knew her personally and so ..........

<More at link>

Last edited by a moderator:

anondelmundial

Patron with Honors
I believe those psychopaths murdered the founders of the anti cult movement in the US. Henry and Harriet Crampton

[...]

Both died of stomach cancer. The odds of this occurring naturally is 1 in 5000 x 1 in 5000 or one in 2.5 million. However if some tasteless and odorless white asbestos powder were added to their table salt, it would be quite probable ...

Your post on the above is clearly off the wall, i.e., you don't know WTF you are posting about!

If what you state about "white asbestos" were true as a fast acting carcinogen, then thousands of WWII ship-workers handling asbestos would have died on their jobs from incidental ingestion of asbestos containing "white asbestos." [See below on your "white asbestos.]

Just where do you come up with "The odds of this occurring naturally is 1 in 5000 x 1 in 5000 or one in 2.5 million".? WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysotile

"Chrysotile or white asbestos is the most commonly encountered form of asbestos,[SUP][1][/SUP] accounting for approximately 95% of the asbestos in place in the United States[SUP][2][/SUP] and a similar proportion in other countries."

Yes, asbestos does cause cancer, there is no question. But, NO, asbestos is not some hypothetical "fast acting carcinogen", whatever the hell that is!

Jebuz, Arnie, get your facts straight.

Last edited:
More about asbestos poisoning:
Mesothelioma Symptoms

A patient with mesothelioma usually begins showing symptoms 15 to 50 years after their exposure to asbestos. The cancer may take decades to develop in the body and symptoms do not arise until after the cancer is present. Common early symptoms of mesothelioma include fatigue, coughing, shortness of breath and reduced respiratory function. Many patients are unaware they have developed mesothelioma or the severity of their condition as mesothelioma symptoms typically resemble symptoms of less serious illnesses and occur so long after the initial exposure.

If you have a history of asbestos exposure, the leading cause of mesothelioma, and believe you may be showing signs of mesothelioma, it is best to seek immediate medical advice. Informing your doctor of previous asbestos exposure can alert them to the possibility of an asbestos-related disease such as mesothelioma.

What are the Symptoms of Pleural Mesothelioma?

Most pleural mesothelioma symptoms affect the respiratory system. Although they are rarely part of a patient's initial presentation and are typically discovered by imaging tests, pleural thickening or pleural plaques are also indicative of mesothelioma.

The most commonly reported symptoms of pleural mesothelioma include:Chest pains
Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
Reduced chest expansion
Barely audible or harsh breathing sounds
Dry cough or wheezing
Pleural effusions

These benign lesions can be as large as 6 cm in diameter and appear in scattered clusters across the visceral and parietal pleural surface. In a 2011 study of 221 pleural mesothelioma patients, symptoms were reported with the following frequency:

90% of patients presented pleural effusions
79% of patients experienced shortness of breath
64% of patients reported chest pain
36% of patients developed a chronic cough
30% of patients experienced weight loss

What are the Symptoms for Other Types of Mesothelioma?

Peritoneal mesothelioma:

Abdominal pain is the first symptom that most peritoneal mesothelioma patients exhibit. This is commonly followed by abdominal enlargement and tenderness. Ascites, fluid buildups between the peritoneum and the abdominal organs, are very common, but they often develop later in the progression of the illness. In a study of 13 peritoneal mesothelioma patients, 77 percent of participants developed ascites.

Peritoneal mesothelioma is also associated with a loss of appetite that often results in weight loss, abdominal distention/pelvic mass and abdominal hernias. In one study, 69 percent of peritoneal mesothelioma patients lost weight. Patients may also note bowel obstruction very late in the progression of peritoneal mesothelioma. Additionally, one Australian study found that 10 percent of all diffuse malignant peritoneal mesothelioma patients experienced short, mild seizures.

69% of patients experienced weight loss or loss of appetite
77% of patients developed ascites

Abdominal pain is an early sign of peritoneal mesothelioma
Bowel obstruction generally occurs later
Pericardial mesothelioma:

The few available case reports on pericardial mesothelioma name difficulty breathing and chest pain as the symptoms of this subtype. These symptoms are the result of the pericardium thickening.

Testicular mesothelioma:

The only consistent sign that has been presented by patients with testicular mesothelioma is a lump in the testes. Testicular mesothelioma is incredibly rare, yet as more studies are conducted, additional symptoms may be revealed

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Your post on the above is clearly off the wall, i.e., you don't know WTF you are posting about!

If what you state about "white asbestos" were true as a fast acting carcinogen, then thousands of WWII ship-workers handling asbestos would have died on their jobs from incidental ingestion of asbestos containing "white asbestos." [See below on your "white asbestos.]

Just where do you come up with "The odds of this occurring naturally is 1 in 5000 x 1 in 5000 or one in 2.5 million".? WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysotile

"Chrysotile or white asbestos is the most commonly encountered form of asbestos,[SUP][1][/SUP] accounting for approximately 95% of the asbestos in place in the United States[SUP][2][/SUP] and a similar proportion in other countries."

Yes, asbestos does cause cancer, there is no question. But, NO, asbestos is not some hypothetical "fast acting carcinogen", whatever the hell that is!

Jebuz, Arnie, get your facts straight.

Not to mention statistics doesn't work that way, each even is an independent probability...

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
Don't even bother trying to argue with Lerma. There's no certainty greater than paranoid certainty. We're talking "immovable object" here. Resistance is futile.

AnonKat

Crusader
Don't even bother trying to argue with Lerma. There's no certainty greater than paranoid certainty. We're talking "immovable object" here. Resistance is futile.

You mean Lerma's opinion is the ashtray ?

[video=youtube;SotPfdSJ7Qk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SotPfdSJ7Qk[/video]

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Not what she's saying at all.

She said, "there's only one way"

Sounds like the statement of a lifer on death row.