What's new

New Haven Foreclosure

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Any party can fire one lawyer and hire another. As to who and why the decision was made is anyone's guess. I have my opinion but no evidence to back it up. I am assuming that the church paid one year's taxes and another was forgiven (from previous lawyer). It is rare that a defense exists to a foreclosure action (you either owe the money or you don't; there is or is not a valid lien on the underlying property). Here, the church filed a counter-claim. In my opinion it lacked merit but it is enough to bring both parties to the table. The courts in CT are overburdened and encourage settlements.

My suspicion is that is a combination of three things: the org paid the cities legal fees; the city lawyer (a employee of a hired firm-not a city-employed council) was/is ignorant of the abuses of the self improvement syndicate of Scientology; and the city did not want the political (pr) hassles of foreclosing (applying the law) on [a church] the organization.

All of these show a lack of PR Area Control (oops-sorry) on our part. Our lazy (at least me anyway) progress needs more push. [Push push push come on you DB mother fuckers - I want comp reports on my desk by end of week or else....oops again....no progam...hmm back to my recliner]

Come to think of it, that fact that New Haven has a history of religiuos freedom fighting and human rights promotion (e.g. Amistad) makes is a significant point of attack. If New Haven can see the light, mush of the world (political and academic) will follow.

Wants2Talk

I was a passenger in a car which drove by the New Haven Org last night about 10:30pm. I saw: no Scientology signage whatsoever, no lights on; no people. Just up the hill at the old furniture store: no lights, no signage, but the front door was a typical glass store front-did it used to be boarded up? Could someone closer to the area please check this out - HAS THIS ORG CLOSED?

I was a passenger in a car which drove by the New Haven Org last night about 10:30pm. I saw: no Scientology signage whatsoever, no lights on; no people. Just up the hill at the old furniture store: no lights, no signage, but the front door was a typical glass store front-did it used to be boarded up? Could someone closer to the area please check this out - HAS THIS ORG CLOSED?

To the untrained eye it may have looked closed for business, but to someone lucky enough to discover hubbard's Tech, and apply is correctly they can easily tell it is a sign of the world's fastest growing religion expanding by leaps and bounds again.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the clarification Skydog.

Behind with taxes, a threat of foreclosure and money owed for utilities - this sounds serious!

So much for the ‘expanding like never before’ BS. Here we see the true cost of this insane lust for big shiny buildings. Having a large, expensive building is only a liability when you can’t even run a viable business with the one you’ve already got.

But, depressingly, the cult will only try and turn this to their advantage.

“Urgent – call to arms!

Suppressive elements in the city council, using that favourite tool of the SP, taxes, are trying to suppress your religion and deny freedom for the people of New Haven.

We need to raise $10 million by next Thursday. So it is vitally important that you send your credit cards to us today!

I know that some of you are no longer eligible to have credit cards so for those of you who are unable to contribute in this way, we have arranged for the local hospital to have a blood drive at the org. We get $50 for each unit of blood given. So, if each public Scientologist gives 4 units, that’s $200 dollars each!

And we have additionally arranged for our local Scientology dentist to extract any gold filling and crowns that you do not require (due to the costs involved in extracting and smelting a charge of £25 dollars per person will be required for parishioners donating in this way).”

But, looking on the brighter side, the inevitable crush regging in order to save a building that the public thought they had already paid for, might just be enough to break the member of the family camelidae’s back and convince some that it is time to GTFO.

Axiom142

I am very concerned about the state of affairs so I propose a new and exciting game to play to save the planet. Are you ready?

Donate your organs for our Idle Morgue!!

Hearts go for $1,000,000 if you are young and healthy. Lots of young ens in the Sea Org...:whistling:

Of course, most of the members left in the Cult, have hearts that are BROKEN so they may not fetch as much as say - a person with a healthy, loving and loved heart that goes to a normal church that actually cares about its members and staff!!

Kidneys go for $500K,

Livers go for $500K. ]

Remember - these donations are tax deductible!!

Let's get the show on the road you bunch of namby pamby panty waist dilletantes!! We got a planet to clear and you can come back next life time and go clear and OT!:wink2:

Wants2Talk

[video=youtube;PE1YkBFLovw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE1YkBFLovw[/video]

Well, thanks to those fine boys at Supressopalooza,we have fresh recon (August 11,2013). It does seem that they have let go of the south (right hand) portion of the first floor. I think they let go of the corner (left hand) portion of the first floor a few years back.

I called the org tonight. After a long silence (like about 10 secs after they picked up the receiver, a weird male voice said: "Hello?". I said: "Is this (203) 387-7670?" The voice said: "Who is this?" I said: "Is this the Church of Scientology?" Voice said: "Yes." I said: "Are you open?" He said: "What do you want?" I said: "A book." He said: "Come upstairs and we can take care of you."

Weirdness and deadness!

Well, thanks to those fine boys at Supressopalooza,we have fresh recon (August 11,2013). It does seem that they have let go of the south (right hand) portion of the first floor. I think they let go of the corner (left hand) portion of the first floor a few years back.

I called the org tonight. After a long silence (like about 10 secs after they picked up the receiver, a weird male voice said: "Hello?". I said: "Is this (203) 387-7670?" The voice said: "Who is this?" I said: "Is this the Church of Scientology?" Voice said: "Yes." I said: "Are you open?" He said: "What do you want?" I said: "A book." He said: "Come upstairs and we can take care of you."

Weirdness and deadness!
he thought you were from one of the many collection agencies looking for the money they owe

Wants2Talk

[video=youtube;vHu0Y_HSNTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHu0Y_HSNTc[/video]

This is a New Have Org 2008 protest video. Please note that the corner first floor space is empty in this movie. So, the poor owner of this building has been unable to rent that space for quite some time. At one time, I believe the org had this first floor corner space as well.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Weirdness and deadness!

Oh shit. I know her...... Sad. Maybe it was wishful thinking that the "I was paid to stalk Marty Rathbun"
Looked like it was getting to her.

Wants2Talk

Oh shit. I know her...... Sad. Maybe it was wishful thinking that the "I was paid to stalk Marty Rathbun"
Looked like it was getting to her.

Maybe she was being reception until she recently saw the light. So even if I went by there at even 10:30. What org turns off the lights at 10:00?

A dead one perhaps?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Maybe she was being reception until she recently saw the light. So even if I went by there at even 10:30. What org turns off the lights at 10:00?

A dead one perhaps?

The Org where I live now seems to be keeping bankers hours. That's what they get for sending most of their staff to OOT at Flag.

Btw, any stats on the blow rates from OOT? I have intel suggesting that it has gotten quite high.

Wants2Talk

The dauntless,defiant, resolute public and staff of the New Haven Org April 17, 2013!
[video=youtube;0jNgtIr_Tkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNgtIr_Tkc[/video]