What's new

The Rosicrucians: a low-pressure, less expensive version of Scientology

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I never "got" the thing about 'rolling back'. My memory is filed as randomly as my banking records.

Can you please 'roll back' your High Priestess' Scroll and tell me the registration/license plate of the first car that you saw on January 1 this year?

When I said I was attempting a "technological" approach, I meant with the aid of mechanical apparatus to eliminate or, at the very least, reduce the mental bias of the person(s) involved. If it works at all, one of the earliest questions will be: Please give instructions on building a better instrument than this one.

It's not like that. It's not voodoo like it might seem.

I think what's happening is your signaling your subconscious to go to work and find the memory when you use the technique I described. It's not foolproof or perfect, and doesn't work at all unless you've populated your subconscious with the symbols and their interpretation.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
It's not like that. It's not voodoo like it might seem.

I think what's happening is your signaling your subconscious to go to work and find the memory when you use the technique I described. It's not foolproof or perfect, and doesn't work at all unless you've populated your subconscious with the symbols and their interpretation.

"Can you please 'roll back' your High Priestess' Scroll and tell me the registration/license plate of the first car that you saw on January 1 this year?" was a cheap shot at the state of 'Clear'. :thumbsup:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
"Can you please 'roll back' your High Priestess' Scroll and tell me the registration/license plate of the first car that you saw on January 1 this year?" was a cheap shot at the state of 'Clear'. :thumbsup:

No worries, mate. (I've been reading a lot of Aussies. Not to mention I flew a Moyes hang glider)

I just wanted to be more clear about what I had mentioned. It could easily look like some kind of voodoo.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Christians end each prayer by saying the word AMEN.
I realized *I* did not know what it meant. Did you?

Last night, I stumbled upon an illuminating bit of history taken from Line 558, Unas, in the Pyramid Texts as quoted by Wallis Budge, Late Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities in the British Museum, in his book

"The Gods of the Egyptians Volume II" from Chapter I,
AMEN AND AMEN-RA, KING OF THE GODS, AND THE TRIAD OF THEBES"

"Among the gods who were known to the Egyptians in very early times were AMEN and his consort AMENT." "The word or root amen (Picture of hieroglyph ), certainly means, "what is hidden," "what is not seen", "what cannot be seen".

I thought readers might find this of interest.

Arnie Lerma

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Last night, I stumbled upon an illuminating bit of history taken from Line 558, Unas, in the Pyramid Texts as quoted by Wallis Budge, Late Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities in the British Museum, in his book

"Among the gods who were known to the Egyptians in very early times were AMEN and his consort AMENT." "The word or root amen (Picture of hieroglyph ), certainly means, "what is hidden," "what is not seen", "what cannot be seen".

Arnie Lerma

Wiki says

The usage of Amen, meaning "so be it", as found in the early scriptures of the Bible is said to be of Hebrew origin;[5][6] however, the basic triconsonantal root from which the word was derived is common to a number of Semitic Languages such as Aramaic or Syriac. The word was imported into the Greek of the early Church from Judaism.[1][7] From Greek, amen entered the other Western languages. According to a standard dictionary etymology, amen passed from Greek into Late Latin, and thence into English.[8] Rabbinic scholars from medieval France believed the standard Hebrew word for faith emuna comes from the root amen. Although in English transliteration they look different, they are both from the root aleph-mem-nun. That is, the Hebrew word amen derives from the same ancient triliteral Hebrew root as does the verb ʾāmán.[9]

Grammarians frequently list ʾāmán under its three consonants (aleph-mem-nun), which are identical to those of ʾāmēn (note that the Hebrew letter א aleph represents a glottal stop sound, which functions as a consonant in the morphology of Hebrew).[8] This triliteral root means to be firm, confirmed, reliable, faithful, have faith, believe.

In Arabic, the word is derived from its triliteral common root word ʾĀmana (Arabic: آمن‎), which has the same meanings as the Hebrew root word.

Popular among some theosophists,[10] proponents of Afrocentric theories of history,[11] and adherents of esoteric Christianity [12][13] is the conjecture that amen is a derivative of the name of the Egyptian god Amun (which is sometimes also spelled Amen). Some adherents of Eastern religions believe that amen shares roots with the Hindu Sanskrit word, Aum.[14][15][16][17] There is no academic support for either of these views.[citation needed] The Hebrew word, as noted above, starts with aleph, while the Egyptian name begins with a yodh.[18]

The Armenian word ամեն /ˌɑːmˈɛn/ means "every"; however it is also used in the same form at the conclusion of prayers, much as in English.[19]

freethinker

Sponsor
Wiki's are not infallible.
Wiki says

The usage of Amen, meaning "so be it", as found in the early scriptures of the Bible is said to be of Hebrew origin;[5][6] however, the basic triconsonantal root from which the word was derived is common to a number of Semitic Languages such as Aramaic or Syriac. The word was imported into the Greek of the early Church from Judaism.[1][7] From Greek, amen entered the other Western languages. According to a standard dictionary etymology, amen passed from Greek into Late Latin, and thence into English.[8] Rabbinic scholars from medieval France believed the standard Hebrew word for faith emuna comes from the root amen. Although in English transliteration they look different, they are both from the root aleph-mem-nun. That is, the Hebrew word amen derives from the same ancient triliteral Hebrew root as does the verb ʾāmán.[9]

Grammarians frequently list ʾāmán under its three consonants (aleph-mem-nun), which are identical to those of ʾāmēn (note that the Hebrew letter א aleph represents a glottal stop sound, which functions as a consonant in the morphology of Hebrew).[8] This triliteral root means to be firm, confirmed, reliable, faithful, have faith, believe.

In Arabic, the word is derived from its triliteral common root word ʾĀmana (Arabic: آمن‎), which has the same meanings as the Hebrew root word.

Popular among some theosophists,[10] proponents of Afrocentric theories of history,[11] and adherents of esoteric Christianity [12][13] is the conjecture that amen is a derivative of the name of the Egyptian god Amun (which is sometimes also spelled Amen). Some adherents of Eastern religions believe that amen shares roots with the Hindu Sanskrit word, Aum.[14][15][16][17] There is no academic support for either of these views.[citation needed] The Hebrew word, as noted above, starts with aleph, while the Egyptian name begins with a yodh.[18]

The Armenian word ամեն /ˌɑːmˈɛn/ means "every"; however it is also used in the same form at the conclusion of prayers, much as in English.[19]

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
A word means what you mean by it when you say it. That is what it means in that instance.

What it may have meant in some past age and context is not relevant to what it means when it is uttered now, except out of someone's possible historical interest.

So when Christians say Amen they mean "That is the end of the prayer, God, so now please get on with it and make it happen" or something like that. hey certainly do not mean anything to do with any Egyptian god.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I understand that. But Catholic Encyclopedia, Etymology online, Webster's, and a number of other sources agree with wiki.

I just get tired of whack-job Afrocentric theories trying to tie everything to the Egyptians.

Please explain what specifically is the "Whack job Afrocentric theory" in the following definition provided by Wallis Budge, Late Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities in the British Museum, that predates chronologically what is cited on Wiki?

Etymology is the History and evolution of words.

I find that locating the earliest definition often provides amazing insights, that though challenging to contemporary victims of the revision of history by omission and/or re-definition, (those whose ideas are programmed by re-definition of words, which is also societal control technique), can cause discomfort, I challenge, (where's my gauntlet?) you to show me what "whack job" refers to outside of "doth protest too much, methinks" Perhaps I'm taking some added offense because this guys book cost a pile to buy in an antique bookstore...

And if you are tired, perhaps you need more rest...

Arnie Lerma

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Please explain what specifically is the "Whack job Afrocentric theory" in the following definition provided by Wallis Budge, Late Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities in the British Museum, that predates chronologically what is cited on Wiki?

It doesn't. Or rather, what's cited from a hundred years ago contradicts usage in the Old Testament from over two thousand years ago.

Adding: I believe that Wallis Budge, when tracing the etymology of the name of the Egyptian god AMEN that it meant "what is hidden," "what is not seen", "what cannot be seen". I do not believe that the Egyptian word which is pronounced something like "amen" shares the same origin as the ancient Hebrew word which also is pronounced somewhat similarly.

Further adding: Did Wallis Budge explicitly make a claim that the Egyptian word and the Hebrew word, both pronounced something like "amen" shared a common origin?

Lastly adding: I apologize for using the term "whack job". It was late and I was tired and cranky.

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
It doesn't. Or rather, what's cited from a hundred years ago contradicts usage in the Old Testament from over two thousand years ago.

Adding: I believe that Wallis Budge, when tracing the etymology of the name of the Egyptian god AMEN that it meant "what is hidden," "what is not seen", "what cannot be seen". I do not believe that the Egyptian word which is pronounced something like "amen" shares the same origin as the ancient Hebrew word which also is pronounced somewhat similarly.

Further adding: Did Wallis Budge explicitly make a claim that the Egyptian word and the Hebrew word, both pronounced something like "amen" shared a common origin?

Lastly adding: I apologize for using the term "whack job". It was late and I was tired and cranky.

I'll just type what comes to mind...

"early egyptian" = 3000 BC, that is 5000 years ago.

He made no claim, he was translating hierogyphs.

Accepted, and I will not unleash the spirit of TA-URT into your dreams tonight.

TA-URT.jpg

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

Heh. Languages, even neighboring languages, are full of false cognates like that.

One word for "kiss" in Chinese is "chin" pronounced "Cheen". Often it is used in the doubled form "chin-chin" to mean "come plant one on me".

The main slang word for the male member in Japanese is "chin-chin".

You can see how some minsunderstandings could result. :omg:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Heh. Languages, even neighboring languages, are full of false cognates like that.

One word for "kiss" in Chinese is "chin" pronounced "Cheen". Often it is used in the doubled form "chin-chin" to mean "come plant one on me".

The main slang word for the male member in Japanese is "chin-chin".

You can see how some minsunderstandings could result. :omg:

Also, in European languages, you have things like the French "poisson" (fish) being confused with the sound-similar English word meaning "toxic substance".

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Also, in European languages, you have things like the French "poisson" (fish) being confused with the sound-similar English word meaning "toxic substance".

Actually, that's true within French: Poisson is fish (with an "s" sound), but poison is the same word / spelling as in English (it was borrowed from French), and as in English, the "s" becomes vocalized and mutates to the "z" sound. Lotsa puns in French on that.