What's new

10/4/13 Dallas former Celebrity Center burns: convenient timing!

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
"There were no injuries and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
'All we know at this point is that the fire began somewhere in the interior, got into the attic space and spread throughout the area of the entire home causing catastrophic damage,” Evans said. ' "

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...ntology-celebrity-centre.html/?nclick_check=1

Just when Miscavige is claiming that he does no business in Texas to avoid having to testify in Monique Rathbun's case. Lucky fire. I know someone who was friends with one of Hubbard's unacknowledged children whose home, which contained evidence that Hubbard was her father, was burned. Veerryy convenient.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
"There were no injuries and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
'All we know at this point is that the fire began somewhere in the interior, got into the attic space and spread throughout the area of the entire home causing catastrophic damage,” Evans said. ' "

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...ntology-celebrity-centre.html/?nclick_check=1

Just when Miscavige is claiming that he does no business in Texas to avoid having to testify in Monique Rathbun's case. Lucky fire. I know someone who was friends with one of Hubbard's unacknowledged children whose home, which contained evidence that Hubbard was her father, was burned. Veerryy convenient.

Can you tell us more? When I click on the link it gives me a place to sign up for an online newspaper. It does not tell us the story.

I get the idea that someone's place was set on fire...anything else?

Lone Star

Crusader
The cult has not owned the mansion since 2009. Maybe they left some documents inside. I kinda doubt it though. But then again the cult never seems to be able to get it's central files in order in any given org. I know of an org that has been working on it's central files for ten damn years and it still isn't done. What a bunch of unorganized fucking losers! But that's another subject.

I think we'll end up hearing that the current owner had it torched for the insurance.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
The cult has not owned the mansion since 2009. Maybe they left some documents inside. I kinda doubt it though. But then again the cult never seems to be able to get it's central files in order in any given org. I know of an org that has been working on it's central files for ten damn years and it still isn't done. What a bunch of unorganized fucking losers! But that's another subject.

I think we'll end up hearing that the current owner had it torched for the insurance.

Is the current owner somehow affiliated with the cult?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

According to this article the house was uninsured:

DALLAS — You already know that Grandwick, the former Dallas headquarters of the Church of Scientology, was reduced to ashes by a three-alarm fire Thursday. The owner, David D. Anderson, said that he was unable to obtain insurance on the property because it was vacant.
<snip>

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2013/oct/08/owner-scientology-home-dallas-anderson-23-disrepai/

Lone Star

Crusader
According to this article the house was uninsured:

Oh yeah, I now remember reading that the day after it happened. :duh:

Who knows? Maybe the cult wanted it burned down for some nefarious reason. I wouldn't put anything past them.

But we do know that the current owner had nothing to do with the cult.

I was in that place once about 8 or 9 years ago. It was a truly beautiful mansion inside and out.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Who knows? Maybe the cult wanted it burned down for some nefarious reason. I wouldn't put anything past them.

I also wouldn't put anything past them but in this case can't see any basis for any motivation on their part to do such a thing.

In the article I quoted above it says:

A firefighter whose station responded to the blaze at Grandwick said that while they are unsure what caused the blaze that reduced the stucco-clad 1950s Spanish estate to a pile of rubble, Anderson told firefighters he suspects students from nearby Gaston Middle School. It’s a popular theory, especially considering the number of nearby residents who complain of vandalism and graffiti, as well as the previous 911 calls to Grandwick after break-ins.

Based upon this and some other things I've read as concerns the owner, it sounds as though he tended to neglect many of his properties, many of which were sitting vacant as this one had been.