What's new

Another OT and Big Donor Whale Passes On

Lone Star

Crusader
I've been debating with myself whether to post this death announcement or not because on the one hand I respect any family's wish to have it's privacy, but on the other hand I know that the cult doesn't want people to know about this because....well....yeah that's why. It's been rather hush-hush.

Anyway Obituaries are a fact of life....nothing nefarious about reporting the death of someone.....

I found out from a former member who's Dad is still in that Mr. Bruce Patterson of Austin died this past week or so in Clearwater. He was at Flag doing services when he suddenly didn't feel right and went to the Hospital where he later passed away. He had been quite ill for around 4 or 5 years at least. I was told by another person that he was at AOLA or CC Int dragging an oxygen tank around with him about 4 years ago. I understand that he had scarred lungs.

He was at least an OT7 and I do believe that he was OT8. He spent years and years at AOLA and ASHO getting trained and going up the Bridge to..... I'm sure he spent a lot of time at Flag too of course.

He was a Whale in that he gave a lot of money over the years to the IAS and probably Soopah Powahs. I'm thinking in the millions. Karen and Smurf may have the data on how big of a Whale he was.

So there you have it.....another "success story" of an OT and an "on purpose" Scientologist giving everything away to the criminal mafia organization masquerading as a church. He wasn't a young man, but he was too young to die of natural causes, especially for an OT being at cause over Matter, Energy, Space, and Time.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you for this obituary. My condolences to his family.

I hope that sooner or later there will never be another one like this.

Lone Star

Crusader
As an addendum, Bruce's wife is battling cancer, and from what I understand it is terminal.

All of their now grown children are in the CoS still. This family has been a mainstay at the Austin Org for a long time.

TG1

Angelic Poster
When people are visibly sick or diagnosed with a real illness, that's the END of their Bridge. I'm surprised they even let Bruce on campus at Flag.

Chances are he started toting around an oxygen tank about the same time he stalled on the Bridge. Don't you love that phrase? Sounds like you got a flat tire or ran out of gas.

Gaaah.

Lone Star

Crusader
When people are visibly sick or diagnosed with a real illness, that's the END of their Bridge. I'm surprised they even let Bruce on campus at Flag.

Chances are he started toting around an oxygen tank about the same time he stalled on the Bridge. Don't you love that phrase? Sounds like you got a flat tire or ran out of gas.

Gaaah.

He had money and was willing to give. I'm sure that's why they allowed him on campus at Flag. But now of course they don't want anyone to know that he died there. Well, in a hospital in Clearwater, but had to be taken there from Flag.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I've been debating with myself whether to post this death announcement or not because on the one hand I respect any family's wish to have it's privacy, but on the other hand I know that the cult doesn't want people to know about this because....well....yeah that's why. It's been rather hush-hush.

Anyway Obituaries are a fact of life....nothing nefarious about reporting the death of someone.....

I found out from a former member who's Dad is still in that Mr. Bruce Patterson of Austin died this past week or so in Clearwater. He was at Flag doing services when he suddenly didn't feel right and went to the Hospital where he later passed away. He had been quite ill for around 4 or 5 years at least. I was told by another person that he was at AOLA or CC Int dragging an oxygen tank around with him about 4 years ago. I understand that he had scarred lungs.

He was at least an OT7 and I do believe that he was OT8. He spent years and years at AOLA and ASHO getting trained and going up the Bridge to..... I'm sure he spent a lot of time at Flag too of course.

He was a Whale in that he gave a lot of money over the years to the IAS and probably Soopah Powahs. I'm thinking in the millions. Karen and Smurf may have the data on how big of a Whale he was.

So there you have it.....another "success story" of an OT and an "on purpose" Scientologist giving everything away to the criminal mafia organization masquerading as a church. He wasn't a young man, but he was too young to die of natural causes, especially for an OT being at cause over Matter, Energy, Space, and Time.

Thank you for this, I knew Bruce, this is so sad. :rose:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the info. I think it's important to note the passing of those who gave their whole life to the cult, in terms of donations, time spent, status achieved, etc. I had some friends who were in similar situation, i.e. died or disabled after reaching OT VIII, and never exhibited anything that looked "OT" to me (But maybe I just got hidden standards??)

Anybody have any idea what Bruce's actual age was? Just curious. Anyway, I hope he can rest in peace. He doesn't have to pretend or struggle anymore.

Lone Star

Crusader
Thanks for the info. I think it's important to note the passing of those who gave their whole life to the cult, in terms of donations, time spent, status achieved, etc. I had some friends who were in similar situation, i.e. died or disabled after reaching OT VIII, and never exhibited anything that looked "OT" to me (But maybe I just got hidden standards??)

Anybody have any idea what Bruce's actual age was? Just curious. Anyway, I hope he can rest in peace. He doesn't have to pretend or struggle anymore.

I'd say he was somewhere between 55 and 65. I know that's a wide range, but I'm just not sure. His eldest daughter is in her mid 30s at least. I'd say he was around 60, give or take a year or two.

AnonKat

Crusader
I'd say he was somewhere between 55 and 65. I know that's a wide range, but I'm just not sure. His eldest daughter is in her mid 30s at least. I'd say he was around 60, give or take a year or two.

Scientology takes your life before your time it seems

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for posting this, Lone Star. :yes:

I knew Bruce a little and of him back "in the days"...A sure enough fine, decent feller with a fine, decent family.:thumbsup:

My heart goes out to his family and, especially, to Mrs. Patterson. Happy Trails, Bruce. May the Grace of the Universe be with you. :rose:

Face:bigcry:

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
From a spiritualist view, I really feel sorry for these supposed OTs when they pass away.
Talk about not being prepared for the new reality...

The word "SURPRISE" just doesn't do it justice..

Lone Star

Crusader
Scientology takes your life before your time it seems

True, but he may have gotten sick whether in the cult or not. One thing's for certain, going up the bridge didn't heal him.

Oh yeah, I remembered being told when he was at CC Int with the oxygen tank he was getting repair auditing.

I've read bad things about "repair auditing". Never had any of it myself, thankfully.

But then I'm just not an auditing kinda guy. :no: Didn't care for what I did get.

Lone Star

Crusader
From a spiritualist view, I really feel sorry for these supposed OTs when they pass away.
Talk about not being prepared for the new reality...

The word "SURPRISE" just doesn't do it justice..

Well at this point in my life I believe that when you die you are dead. I've been all over the map when it comes to "life" after death. Right now I believe that dead means D-E-A-D. That's why it's called dead, absence of life. I've word cleared it, demoed it, and clay tabled it. I keep coming up with D-E-A-D.

But I always keep an open mind. :yes:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well at this point in my life I believe that when you die you are dead. I've been all over the map when it comes to "life" after death. Right now I believe that dead means D-E-A-D. That's why it's called dead, absence of life. I've word cleared it, demoed it, and clay tabled it. I keep coming up with D-E-A-D.

But I always keep an open mind. :yes:

Lone Star: After I left the Sea Borg in 1978, and for FIFTEEN years thereafter, I felt as you do.
I was living in the food, sex, money and cars universe... You couldnt talk to me about spirit(s), or even ufo's or ghosts... all I believed in was physical, what-I-could measure, reality, so I DO dig where you are at...

Then I had an experience, beyond all probability, that
still freaks out the witnesses who were present the day it occurred...

My ONLY explanation, for what I experienced, was to accept that I was more than my physical body.

"Awakening 1992

There were five of us on the platform at the top of the storage tank. I had just been given a list of parts to retrieve. A ramp sloped down into a pool of murky light pink liquid. I took a breath through my skin suit, to ensure I could breath and walked down the ramp, entering a nightmare.

As a "go for" my job was to fetch. On this evening's list were: two elbow joints, one shoulder socket, two hip joints and a dozen fingers.. I walked along the bottom of the pit, grabbing the body parts I needed, bagging them and clipping the bagged parts to my belt. I could

see four or five feet through the murk, the occasional pieces of flesh and skin floated in a slow macabre dance, in the dim reddish glow of the tanks.

Completing my assignment I walked slowly up the ramp, with the partially gelatinized soup sloughing off me. I shook myself, jiggling the bags of body parts. I saw the boss - the foreman of this tank's crew, a man whose expressionless eyes made you feel him think..

This was not going to be a good day. He was about to make his last reprimand. He thought I was too slow. We could all talk without words, thus planning required great discipline of mind. Three of us on the crew had further developed our ability to hear each other without anyone else reading us. In unison, with in the speed of the flash of a single will, we charged him, knocking him down, and began pounding our hard heels into his throat...as his body fluids began seeping into the tank, then I awoke...

Whoa. I poked my mate in the ribs. "Vicky wake up. I just had the strangest dream, I want to remember it. about a vat filled with body parts". Vicky opened one eye and mumbled "Yeah a vat filled with body parts, that's really weird Arnie, You are very strange, tell me about it later, and she rolled over and went back to sleep.

Three days later, I was sitting at the card table with Helen & Tory, friends of Vicky's who lived nearby. We were playing Hearts. I told the story about this strange dream, about the vats filled with body parts and soon they were looked at me, eyebrows raised, and said "That's very strange Arnie".

After about an hour playing cards the mail came. I tossed the junk mail in the trash and noticed one large brown envelope, postmarked from somewhere in New Mexico. "The Communion Letter", from Whitley Streiber, postmarked somewhere in Arizona.. it said... I thought, "Hmm, I did NOT order this". I walked back to the card table and opened it..

The front page was a long narrative, about aliens and UFO's... but half way down the page I gasped. There was one line that shook me up as I read it.. "However, I find the reports of vats filled with body parts to be too outrageous to be believed" I placed the page face up on the card table, and while pointing at the line with my finger said, "Read this, right there..."

After reading it, it grew very quiet and not much was said for the remainder of the afternoon. One gal said, "Arnie, THAT was just too strange, I think we will be going now..." That was, also, last time they came over to play cards with us. I asked her if she remembered this 20 years later, just last year, and she said.. "Yes I do, and it still makes the hair on my neck stand up"..

Now dear reader, you must understand that long ago I had ceased my youthful quest for the TRUTH. After the sad disappointment of spending ten years in a trance called Scientology, I had decided that some questions were better off not asked, as there were too many snake oil salesman crooning that they had the real answer. In Scientology, I became convinced, that I would have access to all the answers of the universe. And every one you meet today is sure they know the truth, with such self assurance that will not even look at evidence to the contrary.

I was sure that everything I needed was there, that all I had to do was work very hard, study very hard, and someday I'd attain some super-duper state of consciousness. The realization that I had been betrayed - and had been betrayed for the money, and to make me a willing slave to the technology that was presented as a Bridge to Total Freedom - left a very bitter taste in my mouth. So much so that I gave up all spiritual quests, and was trying to be just a regular guy, living in his little hut, around a clearing called a cul-de-sac in the lovely rolling hills of Virginia.

We can debate chance and odds, with all due respect to my friends at Skeptic Magazine, but at this instant, this serendipitous happening, as I read that extraordinary line about "vats filled with body parts" , I was shaken.

I was still fresh from dreaming it, with a witness I told about the dream, and witnesses who saw me open the envelope, because I wouldn't have believed this happened today, without the witnesses who there listening that day..

It was at that moment, that I felt a tap on my shoulder. An invisible light tap. Saying, "Hey you, yeah you... you're up, you're at bat, it's time for you" And I thought, "To what?". Okay, maybe I hadn't been sleeping well, but I started at this time to consider that perhaps there was something out there. That I was more than just a body. I felt an inner surge, a reawakening of something that I'd tried long ago to forget. That there is more going on than just what is visible to the eye of man."

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
True, but he may have gotten sick whether in the cult or not. One thing's for certain, going up the bridge didn't heal him.

Oh yeah, I remembered being told when he was at CC Int with the oxygen tank he was getting repair auditing.

I've read bad things about "repair auditing". Never had any of it myself, thankfully.

But then I'm just not an auditing kinda guy. :no: Didn't care for what I did get.

:thumbsup:

Out of the many hundreds upon hundreds of hours of Processing I had, well more than half was "repair auditing". I was one of the "guinea pigs", "white mice" and "early cases" for all kinds of stuff from '67 to '80 or so...including "Flag Only" Rundowns and stuff like "Super Power". Some of this stuff was C/Sed by Hisself or C/Sed and Audited by CL XII's, some of whom are still there "in the chair".

What I, eventually, realized is that Scn "Tech"...especially "repair auditing"...is a crap shoot and can't permanently "fix" shit and what worthwhile and lasting I got out of it happened in a handful of Sessions (mostly the early ones) and, in the end, was not worth the "masked", deep and hidden suffering I went through, saw others go through and are still going through to this day.

Sorry I had to Post this on this Thread re: Bruce's Passing. On one hand, I feel disrespectful Posting this here but, on the other hand, this sad News and your post, Lone Star, "dredged up" some stuff I just gotta say.

Face:)

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lone Star: After I left the Sea Borg in 1978, and for FIFTEEN years thereafter, I felt as you do.
I was living in the food, sex, money and cars universe... You couldnt talk to me about spirit(s), or even ufo's or ghosts... all I believed in was physical, what-I-could measure, reality, so I DO dig where you are at...

Then I had an experience, beyond all probability, that
still freaks out the witnesses who were present the day it occurred...

My ONLY explanation, for what I experienced, was to accept that I was more than my physical body.

"Awakening 1992

There were five of us on the platform at the top of the storage tank. I had just been given a list of parts to retrieve. A ramp sloped down into a pool of murky light pink liquid. I took a breath through my skin suit, to ensure I could breath and walked down the ramp, entering a nightmare.

As a "go for" my job was to fetch. On this evening's list were: two elbow joints, one shoulder socket, two hip joints and a dozen fingers.. I walked along the bottom of the pit, grabbing the body parts I needed, bagging them and clipping the bagged parts to my belt. I could

see four or five feet through the murk, the occasional pieces of flesh and skin floated in a slow macabre dance, in the dim reddish glow of the tanks.

Completing my assignment I walked slowly up the ramp, with the partially gelatinized soup sloughing off me. I shook myself, jiggling the bags of body parts. I saw the boss - the foreman of this tank's crew, a man whose expressionless eyes made you feel him think..

This was not going to be a good day. He was about to make his last reprimand. He thought I was too slow. We could all talk without words, thus planning required great discipline of mind. Three of us on the crew had further developed our ability to hear each other without anyone else reading us. In unison, with in the speed of the flash of a single will, we charged him, knocking him down, and began pounding our hard heels into his throat...as his body fluids began seeping into the tank, then I awoke...

Whoa. I poked my mate in the ribs. "Vicky wake up. I just had the strangest dream, I want to remember it. about a vat filled with body parts". Vicky opened one eye and mumbled "Yeah a vat filled with body parts, that's really weird Arnie, You are very strange, tell me about it later, and she rolled over and went back to sleep.

Three days later, I was sitting at the card table with Helen & Tory, friends of Vicky's who lived nearby. We were playing Hearts. I told the story about this strange dream, about the vats filled with body parts and soon they were looked at me, eyebrows raised, and said "That's very strange Arnie".

After about an hour playing cards the mail came. I tossed the junk mail in the trash and noticed one large brown envelope, postmarked from somewhere in New Mexico. "The Communion Letter", it said... I thought, "Hmm, I did NOT order this". I walked back to the card table and opened it..

The front page was a long narrative, about aliens and UFO's... but half way down the page I gasped. There was one line that shook me up as I read it.. "However, I find the reports of vats filled with body parts to be too outrageous to be believed" I placed the page face up on the card table, and while pointing at the line with my finger said, "Read this, right there..."

After reading it, it grew very quiet and not much was said for the remainder of the afternoon. One gal said, "Arnie, THAT was just too strange, I think we will be going now..." That was, also, last time they came over to play cards with us. I asked her if she remembered this 20 years later, just last year, and she said.. "Yes I do, and it still makes the hair on my neck stand up"..

Now dear reader, you must understand that long ago I had ceased my youthful quest for the TRUTH. After the sad disappointment of spending ten years in a trance called Scientology, I had decided that some questions were better off not asked, as there were too many snake oil salesman crooning that they had the real answer. In Scientology, I became convinced, that I would have access to all the answers of the universe. And every one you meet today is sure they know the truth, with such self assurance that will not even look at evidence to the contrary.

I was sure that everything I needed was there, that all I had to do was work very hard, study very hard, and someday I'd attain some super-duper state of consciousness. The realization that I had been betrayed - and had been betrayed for the money, and to make me a willing slave to the technology that was presented as a Bridge to Total Freedom - left a very bitter taste in my mouth. So much so that I gave up all spiritual quests, and was trying to be just a regular guy, living in his little hut, around a clearing called a cul-de-sac in the lovely rolling hills of Virginia.

We can debate chance and odds, with all due respect to my friends at Skeptic Magazine, but at this instant, this serendipitous happening, as I read that extraordinary line about "vats filled with body parts" , I was shaken.

I was still fresh from dreaming it, with a witness I told about the dream, and witnesses who saw me open the envelope, because I wouldn't have believed this happened today, without the witnesses who there listening that day..

It was at that moment, that I felt a tap on my shoulder. An invisible light tap. Saying, "Hey you, yeah you... you're up, you're at bat, it's time for you" And I thought, "To what?". Okay, maybe I hadn't been sleeping well, but I started at this time to consider that perhaps there was something out there. That I was more than just a body. I felt an inner surge, a reawakening of something that I'd tried long ago to forget. That there is more going on than just what is visible to the eye of man."

:clap::clap::clap: