What's new

For New Scios OUT: How OSA flies on the Net

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I find it a bit weird that Veda has not commented at ALL on the Rathbun case, and Alanzo has written one post on it, yet lots of energy & posts go into explaining to everyone how bad it is here.

What happened in Texas is HUGE and possibly the biggest thing to have ever happened in the fight against this cult, yet it seems to hold little interest for some people.

Since Alanzo's return he's amassed hundreds of posts in a very short period of time, of which maybe 5% have been about Scientology.

Well I'm sure that both your and Veda's problem with me is the big fight that happened at the early part of this year. I confessed several times as it wound down that I went too far. I apologized. I wrote probably the longest post I've ever done apologizing. Veda never acknowledged or accepted it. That's fine. That's his right. I've left him alone for a long, long time. This discussed post of his on this thread elicited a response from me, yes. I don't think I was too tough. I think you may not like the way I say things. It's my personality to say things like, "So are you feeling randy today?" That's just me. It's how I talk IRL. I don't have an internet personality separate from my real life personality.

So let's just say that you don't like me. I can live with that. I suggest that you just ignore me. It's certainly your right. We all ignore people we don't like both here and in our regular lives.

Actually I like your posts, and even more so lately with the Rathbun's stuff, etc. I just had something to say.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I find it a bit weird that Veda has not commented at ALL on the Rathbun case, and Alanzo has written one post on it, yet lots of energy & posts go into explaining to everyone how bad it is here.

What happened in Texas is HUGE and possibly the biggest thing to have ever happened in the fight against this cult, yet it seems to hold little interest for some people.

Since Alanzo's return he's amassed hundreds of posts in a very short period of time, in which maybe 5% have been about Scientology.

Jesus fucking christ.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

You may notice that I only ever respond to Veda's sly digs at people

-snip-

When you see "sly digs" it's because you want to.

When your pals engage in actual "sly digs," it's somehow tolerable to you, or you celebrate them.

What once was a message board has become your club.

Gadfly

Crusader
Have you been in a minority position here on ESMB before Gadfly?

Have you ever been in a position that was not popular?

It's not a nice place to be as along as people can insult you and turn everything you say into a something you never said and never meant, and do what ever they can to make you appear totally ridiculous - even when they twist your words and lie about you.

It is BRUTAL.

I can take it. I've taken it for years.

And I can certainly dish it out, too.

But, if we are going to have a robust and constructive set of discussions with many different viewpoints - even minority viewpoints - then this shit has to stop.

I'm sure that you see the point I am making to you.

So please, don't pile on when there is absolutely no constructive purpose to doing so.

Alanzo

I don't know. I don't care. I have never thought about it. I just post my views in response to whatever I read. I am not a member of any clique. I don't know even ONE person personally here. I have never back-channeled with anyone in terms of forwarding any agreed-upon agenda. Minority position? Majority position? I have never thought in those terms. :confused2:

Yeah, probably so. I have at times stated in no uncertain terms that I greatly enjoyed aspects of the lower Scientology Bridge. I have talked some about what I liked, and why I liked it. And otherwise, I just talk about what seems appropriate in response to some post or thread. But also, I think I do it in a way that usually doesn't rub too many others the wrong way, even when they don't necessarily agree with or like some of the pro things I have said.

As I said earlier, I have almost NEVER in my life cared about or had any concern for ANYTHING any other person has SAID about me, in person, or on the Internet. I don't do, "I am offended". It just don't react or resonate along that vibration. I am not bragging, or anything, just stating a fact. It isn't that I decided intellectually that I should be that way - I just am that way. People kid me at times for being too "verbose". There are a few in the past who used to hit me with that "attack" frequently (I will leave names out). But, okay, so I can be and sometimes/often am! I don't get all upset about the comment. In fact, your first response to me when you came back included the gentle rub that my response seemed to be the shortest post you had ever seen by me. But, I didn't care, or mind, I let it pass unmentioned. :biggrin:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

In other words, people cannot hurt you with bad things they say or write about you. I took that to heart early in my life, and I suppose that it functions as an integral part of me. Also, I suppose that I never have taken ESMB very seriously, not in any personal way. It is a hobby and a past time, where I can discuss familiar ideas and experiences with others (mostly about Scientology). I don't treat it as a "crusade" - a type of thing I left long ago when I left Scientology. I don't view it or feel it as some sort of "mission" or "movement".

When it comes to WORDS, "brutality" is often in the eyes of the beholder - just like beauty. Ones experience and interpretation of it often say MORE about the person than about any actual "force of hurt or harm" in the words. They are JUST WORDS. It is the person him or herself who ADDS the meaning, the hurt, the pain, and so forth. I suppose there are some who will disagree with me. But I consider it a more mature and enlightened way to live. That is my opinion.

It's not a nice place to be as long as people can insult you and turn everything you say into a something you never said and never meant, and do what ever they can to make you appear totally ridiculous - even when they twist your words and lie about you.

It is BRUTAL.

I can take it. I've taken it for years.

And I can certainly dish it out, too.

But, if we are going to have a robust and constructive set of discussions with many different viewpoints - even minority viewpoints - then this shit has to stop.

I'm sure that you see the point I am making to you.

So please, don't pile on when there is absolutely no constructive purpose to doing so.

Alanzo

I thought that (you) being called a sociopath was beyond the pale. You used the word 'innuendo', but that's pretty much a technicality.

Lone Star

Crusader
Actually I like your posts, and even more so lately with the Rathbun's stuff, etc. I just had something to say.

Okay. I tell you what....next time you believe that I'm being overly provocative go ahead and let me know as you did on this thread earlier, and I'll endeavor to stop and think about it before I post any further on that situation. I'll go back and re-read what I posted and consider if it could've been stated more diplomatically. I'm serious. I'll do that.

Thanks for the compliment.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
When you see "sly digs" it's because you want to.

When your pals engage in actual "sly digs," it's somehow tolerable to you, or you celebrate them.

What once was a message board has become your club.

Well, V, you have let your disdain for some people show, and you have said some things to them.

And, yes, so have those other people and it doesn't always get noted or commented upon.

So it's happening on both sides of that particular equation.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
omg...

yeah... probably about to get slayed, but I seriously don't care.

Honestly, one of the most valuable things about this place when I came out was reading about OSA. To tell the truth, the majority of the info I got was from a cult-counselor who worked with many folks who were ex-OSA.

I NEVER gave a damn about witch-hunts or OSA-hunts, but it was good to know the tactics they used. Hell, I'd warn people against the tactics I used as a sec-checker. I was a creep---I was insane.... and being aware of tactics used by the cult does not equate a witch-hunt. When I see people using OSA tactics? NO, I don't fraking cry OSA, but I do see that they are using things they were indoctrinated with... I don't see where the harm is in protecting oneself...

Some of the most valuable things I did learn on here, that connected with my counselor who dealt with many exes was that YES, OSA really can be that fucked up. The stuff I thought I might be imagining within the cult... yeah... that was freaking real. All the uneasiness and weirdness I felt? totally justified.

OSA is real. OSA ops are real... and thank God, it seems they have very little teeth now....but it PISSES me the FUCK off when folks joke about it, or discount it, when I know how many lives they've ruined. It's only because folks have fought them that it (hopefully) won't happen again. I'm literally shaking typing this...

Gadfly

Crusader
OSA is real. OSA ops are real... and thank God, it seems they have very little teeth now....but it PISSES me the FUCK off when folks joke about it, or discount it, when I know how many lives they've ruined. It's only because folks have fought them that it (hopefully) won't happen again. I'm literally shaking typing this...

:clap:

Those Who Forget the Past are Doomed to Repeat It.

In regards to OSA behavior and tactics, THAT is very relevant.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Boy, OSA is going to love reading this thread. Someone over there might even be able to count it on their stats.

I've read many posts from everyone who has posted here tonight and I think highly of all of you. We don't always agree but we still have a common goal.

Boy, OSA is going to love reading this thread. Someone over there might even be able to count it on their stats.

I've read many posts from everyone who has posted here tonight and I think highly of all of you. We don't always agree but we still have a common goal.

OSA are not allowed to read ANYTHING ANYWHERE now where Dear Leader's travails in Wogland might restimulate their cases.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Agreed. The fight is in the courts which is the only place it is likely to end.

The courts...and the courts of public opinion, too.

Many years ago, in Toronto, I heard Jane Kember speak about "internal" and "external" publics.

It was an eye-opening revelationfor me at the time.

Something so obvious, yet I hadn't considered it until she pointed it out.

Dildo Dave is 100% fixated on retaining his internal public, including his low-wage labor pool, otherwise known as Staff.

He has more Hill 10's to handle than any ecclesiastical leader since Lucifer, and

moreover he is the ONLY one who can handle them, surrounded as he is by DB's and CSers.

Why do I point this out?

Well, first, because it's therapy for me, but more to the point,

ESMB is strategically situated between internal and external publics.

It is a natural destination for those who are "in"

to lurk, to look, and perchance, to leave.

It is also a place for non-Scn public to visit, and learn firsthand

how abusive, destructive, and evil Scientology is

from those who experienced it,

and in some cases perpetrated it.

Facts are stubborn things,

in my opinion.