What's new

AGP arrested again at HGB..

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
From Tony O's blog: Angry Gay Pope lands in jail.

Long time Scientology critic and filmmaker Donald Myers — better known as Angry Gay Pope — was arrested yesterday after Scientology alleged that he stalked a member of its Sea Org.

At his website, AGP has chronicled his legal issues with Scientology Sea Org member Lissa Uvizl, who took out a temporary restraining order in 2008 after she objected to being filmed. (See a still from that video to the right, with Uvizl telling AGP to leave her alone. He pointed out that they were on a public sidewalk. The scene was shot near the Hollywood Guaranty Building on Hollywood Boulevard, a major Scientology landmark.)

AGP characterized the restraining order as a form of harassment, and indicated on his website that any orders against him had expired. Yesterday, he told former church member Karen de la Carriere that he was planning to attend a protest. She later heard that he was being held in Los Angeles County Jail.

We called AGP’s attorney, Graham Berry, for more information about what happened. He told us that AGP had wanted to picket the Hollywood Guaranty Building on the day of Guy Fawkes Night. “At some point he stuck his head in the door of the L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition,” Berry told us. That’s the museum to Hubbard on the ground floor of the HGB.

“He said something to Lissa, who had a restraining order against him before. They used that as a pretext to call in the Los Angeles Police Department and accuse him of stalking,” Berry says. But once Pope was taken to a police station, he convinced officers there to view the footage that he’d filmed, and Berry says after they did so, they decided not to charge Pope. “But Lissa insisted, saying he had been following her home for months,” Berry says, which Pope denies. AGP was booked, and he spent the night at the Metro Detention Center downtown, held on a felony and with bail set at $150,000. Berry says it’s his understanding that Uvizl also obtained another restraining order against Pope.

Berry is recovering from eye surgery and cannot attend court this morning. He expected Pope to be represented by a public defender today, and we’ll update this post when we hear whether Pope could get himself released from custody.

http://tonyortega.org/

I commented.. I'm not the least bit surprised that AGP was arrested. He's always been known for pushing the envelope when it comes to protesting Scientology & ALWAYS giving them ample justification for having him falsely arrested. I have protested many times with AGP and another critics & anons. There have always been the understanding that the cult is looking for any reason to have a critic arrested, so we take the precautions to not give the cult an opportunity to do that, i.e., obey all laws, respect private property, don't stalk staff members.

Most critics have successfully protested the cult without incident. I believe this is AGP's 4th arrest in the last 4 years.. It's not wise to push the boundaries in a city like Los Angeles, where the police are well-known to be very comfy & protective of the cult because of the multiple fundraisers it holds for the LAPD & LAPD Kids every year, not to mention that LA County Sheriff Lee Baca has been openly supportive of the cult & he attends many of their events every year.
-------------------------------------------------
AGP remains in jail. A bond hearing is scheduled for tomorrow. I suspect Elliot Abelson & Rick Moxon will be burning the midnight oil concocting a phony story & drilling Lissa Uvizl on how to play the weeping, crime victim in mortal fear of her life. :duh:

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
---------

I don't know AGP but I hope everything is ok and he gets out without too much incident.
I agree. I've seen quite a few of his protest videos on YouTube, and am a big fan. He is a valuable activist and Scientology critic.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
But when OSA followers a protestor back to their car or to their home ?

Gee, that is not stalking.................is it ?

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
But when OSA followers a protestor back to their car or to their home ?

Gee, that is not stalking.................is it ?

Yeah. I don't get how Scientology can apply this stalking bullshit to AGP and not get busted themselves. I mean they stalked Marty and company for months. They have stalked everyone who left Scientology if they thought they were important enough. Marty, Mike, Mark Headley, and a truckload more.

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
It's one thing to get the guy arrested and another to get him convicted. The two have considerably different thresholds.

Having said that I am not surprised this happened. Hopefully he gets a decent PD and gets that bail knocked down to something reasonable.

In this day and age though that whole stalking thing is taken relatively seriously even if it's concocted.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
As I posted on Tony's site, earlier:

Tory Christman
• 6 hours ago

I checked with the Hollywood Police Dept last night, as he needs medication and we wanted to make sure he got what he needed. The lady I spoke with said "If he told them what he needs, they'll make sure he gets it". ARGH! Also, per this Am...he's still there. His bail is set at an insane amount, of course based on $cientology's inflated BS story. I believe tomorrow he'll get a Bail hearing and hopefully it shall be decreased. Either way, this will NOT be good for you, OSA...no matter what you think. :0 As always, you screw with people, exaggerate what happened, NOW--with the Net---your actions remain spread around the world in a few clicks. You prove to be about as Non-Religious as one can get, and THAT is what is killing you, amongst other "Fair Game" actions you continue to do, daily. TT TT Tory/Magoo!

And

Tory Christman
• 5 hours ago

PS: To the OSA ops reading this: What can you do to increase your PR Image? STOP DOING FAIR GAME ACTIONS LIKE THIS ONE: Let AGP OUT ***NOW**. Let families who are broken up----no, not "let"..make SURE they are Re-connected with their loved ones. Instead of building more GD buildings, Dave, Give people back their money on ACCOUNT that YOU OWE THEM!
Start helping people, for real, not just for PR reasons, and not just "the upstats". If you're going to try to run a Drug rehab place...make sure there is REAL MEDICAL HELP there..not just 'on call'. Stop roping in young kids to BILLION YEAR CONTRACTS! Can "SP" and let your people learn THE FACTS. (Yes, I'm yelling that, sorry). ALL of these things are what are keeping your BS organization looking so bad, and that's just SOME of your abuses. Think about it, even though Hubbard said "Thinking" is at the bottom of the Know-to-Mystery Scale: LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM! Happy Wednesday before Thursday at 2:00. Tory/Magoo PS: AGP in Jail is NOT a "Stat"...it's one more of your mafia-like actions: PERIOD. Thanks for the proof, once more. TT TT

Sorry if too long......I'm still working on learning to say what I mean in one or two sentences. :duh: :biggrin:

:flowers2: to ALL

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Update good news!

Graham Berry was not going to be able to be AGP's attorney, due to recovering
from eye surgery last week.

However, I just spoke with him and it turns out he can. He'll be there, 9 am,
Criminal Court House---for the Arraignment. We'll see what happens after that.

:omg:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Yeah. I don't get how Scientology can apply this stalking bullshit to AGP and not get busted themselves. I mean they stalked Marty and company for months. They have stalked everyone who left Scientology if they thought they were important enough. Marty, Mike, Mark Headley, and a truckload more.

Would Mosey's lawyers know or like to hear about that? Just a thought...

PTS

Elliott
He is a liability to the critic community. Whatever good he might have ever done was undone when he put up video harassing those children at the $cientology school. I cannot abide doing that to a child. I unsubbed from his YouTube channel over that and I shall never return. I have no sympathy for the man, there is something disturbingly pathological about his behavior. I wish Karen would find someone else to edit her videos. She is well-connected, she can do better.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Tony O's blog: Angry Gay Pope lands in jail.

Long time Scientology critic and filmmaker Donald Myers — better known as Angry Gay Pope — was arrested yesterday after Scientology alleged that he stalked a member of its Sea Org.

At his website, AGP has chronicled his legal issues with Scientology Sea Org member Lissa Uvizl, who took out a temporary restraining order in 2008 after she objected to being filmed. (See a still from that video to the right, with Uvizl telling AGP to leave her alone. He pointed out that they were on a public sidewalk. The scene was shot near the Hollywood Guaranty Building on Hollywood Boulevard, a major Scientology landmark.)

AGP characterized the restraining order as a form of harassment, and indicated on his website that any orders against him had expired. Yesterday, he told former church member Karen de la Carriere that he was planning to attend a protest. She later heard that he was being held in Los Angeles County Jail.

We called AGP’s attorney, Graham Berry, for more information about what happened. He told us that AGP had wanted to picket the Hollywood Guaranty Building on the day of Guy Fawkes Night. “At some point he stuck his head in the door of the L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition,” Berry told us. That’s the museum to Hubbard on the ground floor of the HGB.

“He said something to Lissa, who had a restraining order against him before. They used that as a pretext to call in the Los Angeles Police Department and accuse him of stalking,” Berry says. But once Pope was taken to a police station, he convinced officers there to view the footage that he’d filmed, and Berry says after they did so, they decided not to charge Pope. “But Lissa insisted, saying he had been following her home for months,” Berry says, which Pope denies. AGP was booked, and he spent the night at the Metro Detention Center downtown, held on a felony and with bail set at $150,000. Berry says it’s his understanding that Uvizl also obtained another restraining order against Pope.

Berry is recovering from eye surgery and cannot attend court this morning. He expected Pope to be represented by a public defender today, and we’ll update this post when we hear whether Pope could get himself released from custody.

http://tonyortega.org/

I commented.. I'm not the least bit surprised that AGP was arrested. He's always been known for pushing the envelope when it comes to protesting Scientology & ALWAYS giving them ample justification for having him falsely arrested. I have protested many times with AGP and another critics & anons. There have always been the understanding that the cult is looking for any reason to have a critic arrested, so we take the precautions to not give the cult an opportunity to do that, i.e., obey all laws, respect private property, don't stalk staff members.

Most critics have successfully protested the cult without incident. I believe this is AGP's 4th arrest in the last 4 years.. It's not wise to push the boundaries in a city like Los Angeles, where the police are well-known to be very comfy & protective of the cult because of the multiple fundraisers it holds for the LAPD & LAPD Kids every year, not to mention that LA County Sheriff Lee Baca has been openly supportive of the cult & he attends many of their events every year.
-------------------------------------------------
AGP remains in jail. A bond hearing is scheduled for tomorrow. I suspect Elliot Abelson & Rick Moxon will be burning the midnight oil concocting a phony story & drilling Lissa Uvizl on how to play the weeping, crime victim in mortal fear of her life. :duh:

Thanks for the update on AGP! Let's support him! What does he need?

Also...

Does the IRS know that Scientology contributes to political campaigns? It is a no no and they may get their IRS tax exempt status pulled.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Update good news!

Graham Berry was not going to be able to be AGP's attorney, due to recovering
from eye surgery last week.

However, I just spoke with him and it turns out he can. He'll be there, 9 am,
Criminal Court House---for the Arraignment. We'll see what happens after that.

:omg:

Thanks for the update and care you display for our fellow SP AGP!! I personally think he needs everyone's support!! He has mine! You are a doll Magoo - a true blue friend and a good soul! Oh, by the way OSA - fuck you!

The_Fixer

Class Clown
He is a liability to the critic community. Whatever good he might have ever done was undone when he put up video harassing those children at the $cientology school. I cannot abide doing that to a child. I unsubbed from his YouTube channel over that and I shall never return. I have no sympathy for the man, there is something disturbingly pathological about his behavior. I wish Karen would find someone else to edit her videos. She is well-connected, she can do better.

I have to sort of agree.

Whilst we're are angry and passionate, it is a fatal mistake to allow passion to over ride good common sense. Especially on a regular basis.

It can turn your target audience off and undo your cause. Kind of like how I see Greenpeace. I respect their cause, but think of them as a pack of idiot wankers with zero sense. No chance of me throwing my lot in with them. Hell, I won't even donate to them.

By default, those caught up with them have their efforts undermined as well. That can have serious repercussions.

Contrary to popular belief, protesting does require a modicum of applied intelligence .

Last edited:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

PTS...I just had to tell you that I got along this much with AGP for many years: 0
Then one day, not picketing, I met him as himself at a subway stop. Oh my gawd! He was really a totally different guy.

Since then he's done some screwy things....the kid thing I agree was awful. The fence photo he got brought him
into better light. The video of $cientology's cameras all over I loved, too.

His latest work with Karen and Jefferey has been quite good.

So my view is give the guy a chance. This was a screw up. He does need to stop
having "fun" pushing $cientology's buttons. It is not fun, it's a gigantic waste of time for many
people. The results....well, we'll see.

Meantime, I'm happy Graham is going to be there with him, tomorrow.

My best to ALL :cheers:

Tory/Magoo
PS: And PTS...you in no way have to agree with me on this. I understand your feelings
and totally get it. :flowers2:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Update good news! Graham Berry was not going to be able to be AGP's attorney, due to recovering from eye surgery last week.

However, I just spoke with him and it turns out he can. He'll be there, 9 am, Criminal Court House---for the Arraignment. We'll see what happens after that.

Unfortunately, I have a 9:30 medical appointment; otherwise, I'd attend to see what monkeys from the HGB showed up.