What's new

Scientologists & city close to agreement on Flag Building dedication

Anonycat

Crusader
Along the way, the church butted heads with the city over illegally cutting down trees and putting up tents and fences without permission. Multi-colored lettering on the 150,000-square-foot tent has also violated the city's sign code. The church faces a possible $250 daily fine for the infraction.

Last Friday, the city issued a list of conditions that the church must meet. And city officials said two upcoming church celebrations later this year hang in the balance.

On Tuesday, the church agreed with nearly all of the conditions and obtained permits for the illegal tents and fences.

Church representatives didn't respond to requests for comment, but Mayor George Cretekos said that he was pleased with the church's reaction.

"By having communication we're able to work through these things," Cretekos said. "It's a whole lot easier than going down a different path, which is to do something and then ask for permission."

A special events permit is expected to be issued Wednesday if city officials sign off.

The church did ask that the city close portions of a sidewalk near the Flag Building and temporarily disable a traffic signal near the building. The city had denied a church request to briefly remove the signal.

City officials have said they probably wouldn't approve any tweaks to their conditions. But late Tuesday, officials were still reviewing the church's request, said spokeswoman Joelle Castelli.

Full article: http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...agreement-on-flag-building-dedication/2152094

Lone Star

Crusader
I knew Clearwater would cave. I mean hell, if city officials can help cover-up a murder and other felonies then a few oak trees, an illegal sign, and closing some streets on short notice is no big deal really.

Suckers walk, money talks.....

Anonycat

Crusader
I knew Clearwater would cave. I mean hell, if city officials can help cover-up a murder and other felonies then a few oak trees, an illegal sign, and closing some streets on short notice is no big deal really.

Suckers walk, money talks.....

Sad but true. They should have refused signing off on anything until the cult had agreed to replanting the trees, and held their pens until they had the huge trees replaced.

Last edited:

Techless

Patron Meritorious
"By having communication we're able to work through these things," Cretekos said. "It's a whole lot easier than going down a different path, which is to do something and then ask for permission."

What The Holy F-k? (where's that button down below now ?? - forgot to include request in other thread!)

Isn't this what they've been doing (scn) the whole time?

And it's just simply remarkable that the mayor is bringing up 'communication'. To me: that smells of Scn/Local gov ties ("in-bed" term i used) like I'd mentioned back in previous related thread about this, yet some sorta spoke against this notion. I really don't know one way or another. It's sorta just obvious to me at this point.

I just can't buy that Clearwater gov isn't infiltrated to whatever degree by Scn. I mean, regardless of how retardo they can be, I wouldn't think they'd risk anything and get shutdown or heavily impeded here prior to the worlds most illustrious ever Scn event(s) soon coming...

I swear, in my crusty old age: what I'd give to go down there for this and just people watch and see how this thing goes down! I mean this spectacle is/has as much potential for the best entertainment yet - just wish I could be a fly on a nearby palmtree..or that huge bow-thing

(anyone wanna bet they got scissors to match??).

Anonycat

Crusader

What The Holy F-k? (where's that button down below now ?? - forgot to include request in other thread!)

Isn't this what they've been doing (scn) the whole time?

And it's just simply remarkable that the mayor is bringing up 'communication'. To me: that smells of Scn/Local gov ties ("in-bed" term i used) like I'd mentioned back in previous related thread about this, yet some sorta spoke against this notion. I really don't know one way or another. It's sorta just obvious to me at this point.

I just can't buy that Clearwater gov isn't infiltrated to whatever degree by Scn. I mean, regardless of how retardo they can be, I wouldn't think they'd risk anything and get shutdown or heavily impeded here prior to the worlds most illustrious ever Scn event(s) soon coming...

I swear, in my crusty old age: what I'd give to go down there for this and just people watch and see how this thing goes down! I mean this spectacle is/has as much potential for the best entertainment yet - just wish I could be a fly on a nearby palmtree..or that huge bow-thing

(anyone wanna bet they got scissors to match??).

Because of his previous statement, I though he was going to hit the brakes on everything until they made things right. I see that tent is still up, the trees are down, and it's f-all to Clearwater. Very disappoint.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
On a personal note...

If you can't be in Clearwater, Florida to watch any of the upcoming events due to your present circumstances, and you're feeling, angry, disappointed, frustrated, sad, left-out, etc., here's a thought to hold onto:

It sure will be fun to step over the threshold of that building, cross smartly across the tiled floor toward the shiny smiling faces watching your approach and state firmly, with a clear voice: "Good afternoon. I'd like two large tacos, one burrito, and a Coke".

If you save your spare change and put that money aside each week, you'll have enough for airfare to get to Clearwater when you can truly enjoy the experience on every level.

JB

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

His FB page currently accepts comments from anyone. But note that only the first 55 (approx) words of the comment are immediately visible. So I would suggest putting the important part of one's message in the first 55 words!

In other words, start off the message with "Scientology is parasitic on downtown Clearwater ..." (or whatever) and not "Dear Mr. Mayor, I would like to draw your attention to ...."

Paul

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's what Dave probably said:

"Pay those F***ing C***S***ers their F***ing money and let's get this F***ing CI off our F***ing lines."

Rd00

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Damn... I so wish I could be in Clearwater for the FLAG dedication. I'm dying to see (and use) this perceptic room on the 5th floor.

original.jpg