What's new

Being the Bookstore Officer: A view from hell

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I like Hassan's approach a lot. What was it LRH said, communication is the universal solvent? I think he got close to the truth with that one, as close as he could anyway. I think love is the real solvent.

That's the fucker in the whole thing; he got 'close to the truth' as he was conning us, and a lot of us bit *sigh*.

CO2

Patron Meritorious
My question is, once in a while I get a call from somebody at an org. They are rare enough now that they feel like opportunities, I don't feel like yelling xenuxenuxenu any more. I can't help remembering that the penny dropped for Tory Magoo when her enemy was kind to her.

Any ideas for making a difference in the life of a caller-in?

I make friends with them. I get them telling me about their family; I get names and locations and jobs. Later I see if I can find these people. If I can get their family calling them, and loading up org phones, it is at least one step in the direction of the org wanting them gone.

Other than that, if I can get them to where I am, especially in LA, where they have to drive fifty miles, I can get them comfortable, and we can talk without anyone listening in on their phone.

CO2

Patron Meritorious
I make friends with them. I get them telling me about their family; I get names and locations and jobs. Later I see if I can find these people. If I can get their family calling them, and loading up org phones, it is at least one step in the direction of the org wanting them gone.

Other than that, if I can get them to where I am, especially in LA, where they have to drive fifty miles, I can get them comfortable, and we can talk without anyone listening in on their phone.

PS

many of the guys and gals phoning me are using their cell phones.

get their phone number and their e mail address.

realizing everything said, texted, or e mailed is read by Co$ snoops, stay in comm with them. Text them jokes, pretty photos of where you are (the beac, Starbucks, your parents' house, your kids, your gran children--- whatever communicates sanity and comfort and happy on the wog side of life.

No bare boobs or below below the waist. That can get them in big trouble.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
When I was on staff at ASHO day at Big Blue in '81 or thereabouts, there was this one sleazy little chubby guy who was the big hero for awhile. I don't know if he was a bookstore officer, or if that was even a post in the S.O., but this guy was selling a lot of books.

Anyway, this guy was making several hundred dollars a week in commissions, which was good money at the time by any standards. It was rich beyond your wildest dreams in the S.O.

After a few months, this guy was discovered to have been just deducting money from people's prepaid services accounts, and taking the books and stashing them in some remote empty room in the bowels of Big Blue. He didn't get caught until someone asked someone what the room full of books down in the basement was for, and did they know they were getting water damaged?

Needless to say, this guy vanished, no doubt off to RPF hell for his sins. The thing was, we had to sit there at crew musters for weeks and weeks listening to this guy get congratulated for being such a great book seller getting a ten percent kick back while most of us got paid 17 bucks a week if we were lucky. I remember being mad at this, and thinking it was so unfair. But, of course, I'd learned by that time not to 'natter'.:duh:

Could that have been Eric Reinertsen? He was the BSO AOLA. He kind of fit that description.

It was right after I joined staff at AOLA in 1982 that he got RPFed. I didn't know why he was sent. I think he routed off staff on the RPF; don't really know, I just know he never came back.

He was Caroline's (of Gerry and Caroline fame) husband at the time.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yeah Sheila I will never forget the day the wicked witch died. In all honesty, Scientology makes you crazy. She probably had people training her to be that way. None of those execs, including David Miscavige, would last a week in the real world. The staff would all quit, sue, call the police, or shoot them. The insanity of Scientology management will probably be studied in Psychology classes one day.

Thank you for the post.

In the real world people are free to leave where they work, and go to work someplace else that has better pay and/or working conditions. No manager is allowed to lay hands on me without my responding by decking him or filing a lawsuit.

Sea Org exec have the beingness of Third World dictators.