What's new

Scientology Bait & Switch, part II

Isene

Patron with Honors
From my blog: http://isene.me/2013/11/25/scientology-bait-switch-part-ii/ (the post contains relevant links and graphics):

In the discussion on my first Bait & Switch post, a major reason for Scientology’s failure became apparent.

L. Ron Hubbard, the founder, the sole Source, the only true originator of Scientology promoted that his religion will give you real, tangible and objective results. This is the Bait. But when you traverse his one-size-fits-all path to spiritual greatness, The Bridge to Total Freedom, gone are the objective, provable results. Instead you attest to subjective results. With very few exceptions, your gains are not measurable and does not compare to the promised objective gains. This is the switch.

This is a major trick, albeit insidious and difficult to catch as you can read from the discussion under the first Bait & Switch blog post.

Here are some examples of the claims Hubbard made for Scientology (the Bait):

• Broken bones heal in two weeks instead of six (by X-ray evidence), withered limbs restore, burns vanish, swellings reduce visibly to nothing, lives wrecked by grief and loss recover, women lose their aging wrinkles, and sought after abilities return. (DnT)
  • Chronic, which is to say, long-term illnesses cease when audited by Dianetics and then medical treatment. (DnT)
  • The sickness and death rate of persons who are part of Dianetic groups is only a small fraction of that of other groups. (DnT)
  • Dianetics raises IQ in addition to usual auditing, at a rate of about one point of IQ per hour of processing. (DnT)
  • A Clear can control all his body fluids. (EoaS)
  • A Clear can be tested for any and all psychoses, neuroses, compulsions and repressions (all aberrations) and can be examined for any autogenic (self-generated) diseases referred to as psycho-somatic ills. These tests confirm the Clear to be entirely without such ills or aberrations. (DMSMH)
  • The common cold, for instance, if it is a virus or not, passes him (the Clear) by; chronic infections are absent. (DMSMH)
  • A clear, for instance, has complete recall of everything which has ever happened to him or anything he has ever studied. He does mental computations, such as those of chess, for example, which a normal would do in a half an hour, in ten or fifteen seconds. (DMSMH)
  • A Theta Clear is a person who operates exterior to a body without need of a body. (SH Spec 59)
  • The state of Operating Thetan is higher than Theta Clear and means that the person does not need a body to communicate or work. (CoHA)
  • A good thorough-going Operating Thetan should not take more than fifty hours of auditing. (Ass. Newsl. 1953-04-28)

And here are some results that one actually attests to (the Switch):

• Knows he/she won’t get any worse.
  • Relief from the hostilities and sufferings of life.
  • Freedom from the upsets of the past and ability to face the future.
  • Moving out of fixed conditions and gaining abilities to do new things.
  • Freedom from dramatization and return of powers to act on own determinism.
  • A Clear: A being who no longer has his reactive mind
  • While there is no excuse to not revise or apologize for the promised gains when it is not delivered, scientologists continue to justify and explain away this flagrant flaw.

Let’s face the facts; Less than 1% of those that invested time and effort in the subject stayed on in the hope of receiving the promised gain. The failure of Scientology as a subject is massive.

We often hear explanations for Scientology’s downfall like “Scientology is so good that vested interest attacked it from all directions”, “The society was in an dwindling spiral, so Hubbard worked so hard to undercut his method to accommodate for the increasing stupidity and irrationality of the population” or even “Hubbard ran Scientology just perfectly, it was only when David Miscavige took charge that it went south”.

But, applying Occam’s Razor, isn’t the simpler answer that Scientology simply does not deliver on its promises?

It doesn’t much matter that people like me got a lot out of the subject as long as it does not consistently deliver factual, measurable results.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Excellent points, very well made, Geir.

The lack of verifiable and measurable results were something that really troubled me towards the end of my time in the cult. I had spent too much time listening to what others said instead of looking at what had happened.

Of course, part of it was the suppression of any dissent or criticism of the organisation or ‘The Tech’. If it didn’t work for you, then there was something wrong with you. And who wants to have something wrong with them?

Not to mention wanting to fit in. So we pretended that we got gains, while secretly hoping that the next level would give us what we were expecting, all the while cheering when others graduated and told us how wonderful their lives were now. And we never knew how many felt the same way.

When I started actually looking at the abilities of these so called OTs, I realised that most were no more sane and rational and able and certainly no more intelligent than me! And don’t get me started on ethics!

After a while, it became less about ‘how much I could get out of Scientology’ than ‘I can’t give up now, I’ve put in too much to throw it all away’.

That’s when you get desperate and that is when they really get control. Desperate people do desperate things. Money means nothing – you lose track of the value. Borrowed £10,000? Sod it - go the whole hog and borrow £100,000! Only putting in 20 hours a week? Get committed, leave your job and go full-time!

If I talk to a Scn now, one of the things I do is to try and get them to remember why they came into Scientology in the first place and see if they got what they wanted out of it. Not that they usually listen – mostly they get very defensive and run away. But if I could just get one of two to really look at what they have actually achieved, versus what they were promised, perhaps that would start them thinking. . .

Axiom142

AnonKat

Crusader
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ssistant-and-lover-Ex-Scientologist-story-215

kaye.jpg

“Barbara Kaye” (a pseudonym for Barbara Klowden Snader) was a pretty blonde 20-year-old in 1950 when she became L. Ron Hubbard’s PR assistant and, before long, his lover. For the next year she was in a unique position to see the changes in Hubbard during his meteoric rise and fall from 1950-51. In 1986, she was interviewed by the British writer and journalist Russell Miller for his biography of Hubbard, “Bare-Faced Messiah.”

I was trying to get into PR and was sent by a employment agency to Dianetics and [Ron] was looking for a PR assistant – someone primarily to answer the scurrilous attacks the press was making on Dianetics. I was hired. He was in the big old governor’s mansion at Adams and Hoover – it used to be the governor of California’s mansion.

This was during the peak of his success with Dianetics in 1950. This all took place in 1950-51. I started doing a lot of administrative things, arranging things. We had lots of conversations, he’d ask me for advice about this and that. Sometimes I worked late and he took me home – I was living with my parents at the time – and one thing led to another. I was also hiring people, I hired a secretary for him.

He interviewed me for the job. I had read about him, had read about Dianetics. At that time I had been through university with a major in psychology – he bounced ideas off me because he had no background whatsoever in psychology. He told me that before he wrote Dianetics, because he had no background in psychology, he went to the University of Chicago library and asked for the latest book on psychology and read this book – that was the only thing he had ever read on the subject. . . Most of my time was spent answering [press attacks] – he had a clippings service and every time Dianetics was mentioned I would write to the reporter and reply and defend it. I was writing to columnists and magazines all the time. No one had anything good to say about it. . .

I was very young at the time and was not as concerned with other peoples wives. I just didn’t think about it. On a New Years Eve he spent with me he was supposed to have been at a party with his wife and he didn’t go home and he said she made a suicide attempt. Then there was the kidnapping of Alexis [Hubbard] and so on.

After he took Alexis …I knew Miles [Hollister] very well, it was really surprising to me when he later took up with Sara.

I lost track of Ron when everything went into a shambles and there was this bad publicity in newspaper about Alexis when he took off. He had gone home and found Miles in bed with his wife and that’s when he took Alexis; he thought he was perfectly justified to do this. He said they were going to try and put him into a mental institution, he was afraid they were going to commit him. . .

When he took off I only knew what I read in the newspaper. The next time I heard from him was Wichita when he was living with this oil baron [Don Purcell]. He started writing me and wanted me to come there. I went there and he was like Howard Hughes’ last days, really in a bad depression. His fingernails were long and curved, his hair was stringy. He met at the hotel and was in such bad shape, he was trembling, like someone who should be in a mental institution. I knew then… he wanted me to marry him, he’d bought me a ring but I knew then he was such a deeply disturbed man it could never be and I left the very next day.

Scattered in the interviews are some real gems of history. This is not the history that his followers give credence to, but nonetheless, she was there.

He said he always wanted to found a religion like Moses or Jesus.

I think he probably made up a lot of the case histories in the first Dianetics book. He was not academic and never did any research.

He was a character, it was like watching a fascinating character on stage playing a role. I was never bored when I was with him. He was a colourful personality and acted out all the unusual things that were in his mind, that’s what made him so fascinating. People who are manic have this enormous energy – it fueled talking and thoughts. He was charismatic, communicated an energy.

The two interviews with her, and the notes that she made at the time in her journal can be found here: http://www.scs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/barbkaye.htm

From my blog: http://isene.me/2013/11/25/scientology-bait-switch-part-ii/ (the post contains relevant links and graphics):

In the discussion on my first Bait & Switch post, a major reason for Scientology’s failure became apparent.

L. Ron Hubbard, the founder, the sole Source, the only true originator of Scientology promoted that his religion will give you real, tangible and objective results. This is the Bait. But when you traverse his one-size-fits-all path to spiritual greatness, The Bridge to Total Freedom, gone are the objective, provable results. Instead you attest to subjective results. With very few exceptions, your gains are not measurable and does not compare to the promised objective gains. This is the switch.

This is a major trick, albeit insidious and difficult to catch as you can read from the discussion under the first Bait & Switch blog post.

Here are some examples of the claims Hubbard made for Scientology (the Bait):

• Broken bones heal in two weeks instead of six (by X-ray evidence), withered limbs restore, burns vanish, swellings reduce visibly to nothing, lives wrecked by grief and loss recover, women lose their aging wrinkles, and sought after abilities return. (DnT)
  • Chronic, which is to say, long-term illnesses cease when audited by Dianetics and then medical treatment. (DnT)
  • The sickness and death rate of persons who are part of Dianetic groups is only a small fraction of that of other groups. (DnT)
  • Dianetics raises IQ in addition to usual auditing, at a rate of about one point of IQ per hour of processing. (DnT)
  • A Clear can control all his body fluids. (EoaS)
  • A Clear can be tested for any and all psychoses, neuroses, compulsions and repressions (all aberrations) and can be examined for any autogenic (self-generated) diseases referred to as psycho-somatic ills. These tests confirm the Clear to be entirely without such ills or aberrations. (DMSMH)
  • The common cold, for instance, if it is a virus or not, passes him (the Clear) by; chronic infections are absent. (DMSMH)
  • A clear, for instance, has complete recall of everything which has ever happened to him or anything he has ever studied. He does mental computations, such as those of chess, for example, which a normal would do in a half an hour, in ten or fifteen seconds. (DMSMH)
  • A Theta Clear is a person who operates exterior to a body without need of a body. (SH Spec 59)
  • The state of Operating Thetan is higher than Theta Clear and means that the person does not need a body to communicate or work. (CoHA)
  • A good thorough-going Operating Thetan should not take more than fifty hours of auditing. (Ass. Newsl. 1953-04-28)

And here are some results that one actually attests to (the Switch):

• Knows he/she won’t get any worse.
  • Relief from the hostilities and sufferings of life.
  • Freedom from the upsets of the past and ability to face the future.
  • Moving out of fixed conditions and gaining abilities to do new things.
  • Freedom from dramatization and return of powers to act on own determinism.
  • A Clear: A being who no longer has his reactive mind
  • While there is no excuse to not revise or apologize for the promised gains when it is not delivered, scientologists continue to justify and explain away this flagrant flaw.

Let’s face the facts; Less than 1% of those that invested time and effort in the subject stayed on in the hope of receiving the promised gain. The failure of Scientology as a subject is massive.

We often hear explanations for Scientology’s downfall like “Scientology is so good that vested interest attacked it from all directions”, “The society was in an dwindling spiral, so Hubbard worked so hard to undercut his method to accommodate for the increasing stupidity and irrationality of the population” or even “Hubbard ran Scientology just perfectly, it was only when David Miscavige took charge that it went south”.

But, applying Occam’s Razor, isn’t the simpler answer that Scientology simply does not deliver on its promises?

It doesn’t much matter that people like me got a lot out of the subject as long as it does not consistently deliver factual, measurable results.

Yep it's a con game through and through , as long as people's wallets continue to be cleaned out, Scientology is working exactly as it was designed.

Scientology was never intended to be anything more than a mechanism Hubbard could use to gain control over individuals. If any part of it makes people 'more able' it's only designed to make them 'more able' to serve Hubbard.

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
Yep it's a can game through and through , as long as people's wallets continue to be cleaned out, Scientology is working exactly as it was designed.

Scientology was never intended to be anything more than a mechanism Hubbard could use to gain control over individuals. If any part of it makes people 'more able' it's only designed to make them 'more able' to serve Hubbard.

[video=youtube;_AmkmqYEarw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AmkmqYEarw[/video]

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
There were all kinds of things I was supposed to be able to do after I went OT. These Oat Tee powers were described in the book Creation of Human Ability and the book History of Man. I heard from other Oat Tees that they could exteriorize and be in any location, move matter without touching it and by postulates, save people from certain death by preventing accidents, read minds, and all kinds of other super duper abilities. Well I went Oat Tee and at no point was I anything more than an ordinary human being. Homo Novis simply does not exist.

Not only did I do the Oat Tee levels but also did the training side of the bridge through Class 9 and no one I have ever met had any of these abilities. Not Hubbard. Not David Mayo. Not David Miscavige. NO ONE! It is as you say bait and switch. It was a fraud then and it is a fraud now.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
There were all kinds of things I was supposed to be able to do after I went OT. These Oat Tee powers were described in the book Creation of Human Ability and the book History of Man. I heard from other Oat Tees that they could exteriorize and be in any location, move matter without touching it and by postulates, save people from certain death by preventing accidents, read minds, and all kinds of other super duper abilities. Well I went Oat Tee and at no point was I anything more than an ordinary human being. Homo Novis simply does not exist.

Not only did I do the Oat Tee levels but also did the training side of the bridge through Class 9 and no one I have ever met had any of these abilities. Not Hubbard. Not David Mayo. Not David Miscavige. NO ONE! It is as you say bait and switch. It was a fraud then and it is a fraud now.

It prooves you hadn't been hypnotysed nor gone crazy while Oatee were brainswashed to imagine they could do magical stuff you never did.

When the gulf war started the first night, I was at the gym with another OT7 or OT8 - the highest at that time - trained auditor and C\S.
This person was the most honest guy I could have known and had very BI's from OT3 till higher upper levels.
Anyway, we were both very much worried and concerned about the bombing that night.

Me, the retards, ask : '' Don't the Oatess will do something about it ??? ''
The Oatee hesitates and answers : '' Yes, we have meeting to solve these problems around the world - this is our responsibility and we ensure the planet security!''

So I tought that, now, since there is many oatess the war would be stopped.:duh:

:omg:

Also at that time many Oatees used to say :"" We can't talk about our power nor use it for demonstration - it's about ethics and gradient level - it wouldn't be real for you people and wogs ''

I heard it so many times - I guess many of you too! :duh:

(Toc Toc Toc hello - is there someone in this head :biggrin:)

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

Could you, in a brief and concise statement, describe the "a lot" you "got out of the subject" ?

And, although I know you answered this before, state how much money you spent on Scientology?

That clarification would be helpful. Thanks.

And, yes, Scientology is a bait and switch operation in the way you describe, and a bait and switch in other ways also. :)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Scientology.

It begins with engrams as the source of all that ails mankind. Obviously, when that doesn't work, something else has to replace engrams. Thus didst Hubbard begat the switcheroo.

It ends with certain stunningly simple realizations that usually occur well after the Clear Cog: "I am mocking up my own reactive mind".

The Tech Cog: "It's not working as promoted".

And then. . .

The OT Cog: "I am mocking up my own BTs".

Followed by. . .

The Bridge Cog: "I am mocking up my own case".

And soon thereafter (hopefully). . .

The Blow Cog: "I am mocking up my own wins".

That last one is deceptively tricky and sticky--it is what hangs people up from leaving Hubbard's tech. The simple truth is that a person can get "wins" at nearly anything in life if that is what they are intending to do.

Helpful Tip: The "switch" part of the cult's Bait-n-Switch works best when the Scientologist can be convinced to do their own switching (see "BlowCog").

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Switcheroo!

Scientology.

It begins with engrams as the source of all that ails mankind. Obviously, when that doesn't work, something else has to replace engrams. Thus didst Hubbard begat the switcheroo.

It ends with certain stunningly simple realizations that usually occur well after the Clear Cog: "I am mocking up my own reactive mind".

A "Scientology tech person," reading that, might think re. the "Clear cog":

"But I erased a lot of engrams and secondary engrams and then became a keyed out Clear, and LRH [circa 1978] says that Keyed out Clear is Clear. Plus the 'mocking up my own reactive mind' part occurs after fabulous Dianetics has erased all the 'keyed in' mental image picture case and, then, the person realizes that, to run any more Dianetics, it becomes necessary to mock up that reactive mind. Thus the person - brought to keyed out Clear with Dianetics - then, cognites that he's mocking up his reactive mind, since he's already - thru Dianetics - erased all the 'keyed in' parts and, for any to be there, he must mock it up."

-snip-

The OT Cog: "I am mocking up my own BTs".

-snip-

Is that an actual "EP" Cog of NOTs?

Some people, leaving the CofS, might have that realization, but I don't recall that as being a cog that a CofS Scientology "OT" would have.

What is the "cog" expected from a NOTs completion in the CofS?

In any event, the "cogs" which lead a person out of the CofS, and then out of 'Scientology outside the CofS', are the ones that count. :)

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Veda, One of the things, which I have written about many times, that woke me up and got me to start thinking about whether Scn had the answers or not, was the continuous redefining of Clear. Not specifically the definition. It never changed. But the requirements and what it MEANT, did change.

And what you write above is not, and has never been, an acceptable Clear Cog. At least not since I have been on tech lines. 1991 to 2004. I C/Sed people to get onto OT Levels (with RTC approval), plus audited many CCRD's.

-----

You are missing "in the first place".

Did I:

can-of-worms.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
A "Scientology tech person," reading that, might think re. the "Clear cog":

"But I erased a lot of engrams and secondary engrams and then became a keyed out Clear, and LRH [circa 1978] says that Keyed out Clear is Clear. Plus the 'mocking up my own reactive mind' part occurs after fabulous Dianetics has erased all the 'keyed in' mental image picture case and, then, the person realizes that, to run any more Dianetics, it becomes necessary to mock up that reactive mind. Thus the person - brought to keyed out Clear with Dianetics - then, cognites that he's mocking up his reactive mind, since he's already - thru Dianetics - erased all the 'keyed in' parts and, for any to be there, he must mock it up."

-snip-

-snip-

And what you write above is not, and has never been, an acceptable Clear Cog. At least not since I have been on tech lines. 1991 to 2004. I C/Sed people to get onto OT Levels (with RTC approval), plus audited many CCRD's.

-----

You are missing "in the first place".

Did I:

can-of-worms.jpg

1991 to 2004. Thanks for the update. Don't worry about that can of worms, they look happy and content. :)

So, the Clear cog was/is, "I was Clear [& mocking up my own reactive mind] in the first place" ?

That would mean, per Hubbard (circa 1978) that the person was a 'keyed out Clear' in the first place?

Doesn't that make having "gone (become) Clear" kind of meaningless?

My memory of Scientology was of people "going" Clear, or "achieving" Clear.

Wouldn't "Was Clear in the first place" be a "natural Clear"?

Or am I misunderstanding?

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
1991 to 2004. Thanks for the update. Don't worry about that can of worms, they look happy and content. :)

So, the Clear cog was/is, "I was Clear [& mocking up my own reactive mind] in the first place" ?

That would mean, per Hubbard (circa 1978) that the person was a 'keyed out Clear' in the first place?

I believe Bea is saying that after Dianetic auditing one has the cog or realization that they were mocking it up in the first place not that they were already clear. Once they realize that they were creating the bank or mocking it up to begin with, they then become clear. I audited CCRDS from when the CCRD came out until 1991 when I left and we even did CCRDs on some OTs with resultant upsets. The worms in those cans were not happy.

Veda

Sponsor
I believe Bea is saying that after Dianetic auditing one has the cog or realization that they were mocking it up in the first place not that they were already clear. Once they realize that they were creating the bank or mocking it up to begin with, they then become clear. I audited CCRDS from when the CCRD came out until 1991 when I left and we even did CCRDs on some OTs with resultant upsets. The worms in those cans were not happy.

The bombastic announcement of "Dianetic Clear" during 1978 was the main development that led to my exiting Scientology. The Dianetic Clears I encountered were mostly unremarkable and their "state of Clear" seemed to be 90% belief with little substance. Even when I audited - again - outside the CofS, during the early/mid 1980s, I disagreed with the prevalent "Dianetic Clear" theory and "Clear cognition" theory in use by outside-the-CofS Scientology at the time. The Dianetic Clears' PC folders that I studied were, to me, to use the wording of the time, "by passed cases." It was mostly hype, with very little actual change in the person.

So, I never "got on that page" of Scientology, having left around that time.

I could never have survived in that era of Scientology, and only was comfortable in the earlier era because I was unable to see the same sort of mind games that were in place when I first became involved.

When a new collection of hype/hypno-mind games was introduced with Dianetic Clear and with NOTs, I began to see it.

Thank goodness for those 1977 FBI raids, Hubbard's subsequent mental&physical breakdown, and his re-arranging of the Scientological furniture. It helped me snap me out of the Scio-trance.

Thanks Bea and Dean for the clarification. :)

image002.gif

Last edited:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Sort of. I think Dean says it pretty good in the post below yours.

But basically the person realizes they have been mocking up the reactive mind, that they mocked up their own bank.

It is not a present tense "I am mocking it up".

It's an "I did it in the first place, a long long long time ago. I used it as a defense mechanism. I thought I needed this thing (reactive mind) but I really don't!"

Call it a wholetrack cognition, if that makes it easier to understand what I mean. It is not a current, in auditing thing. One is not DOING IT right now. They did it to begin with.

And if they keep mocking it up, that's on them. That does not mean they are not Clear. Clear is an awareness that they are responsible for it coming into being in the first place. They were not handed it, they built it. Bang.

-------

Now the requirements are a different story (anyone who doesn't give a crap about this, skip the below, because it will be technical Scieno-speak)

The first is a wide, loose, floppy needle.
Then it was floating TA.

A person could go clear in a past life and that was automatically accepted, for a while. Then it was no longer accepted because someone supposedly faked it. So then it was a matter of getting the name of the past life person and pulling up the folders for that person, counting how many hours of Dianetics auditing they had, and also checking all of those past life sessions to see if there was a point in the auditing where they may have had this meter phenomena (If the past life was when metering was being used). That got a little hoaky for me.

For this lifetime Clears, we had to find and tab those things in the sessions as well. We had to find the session where they went Clear in the Dianetic auditing, in ADDITION to the CCRD with the Date/Locate on video with the end phenomena of the floating TA or wide, loose floppy F/N. The video had to be queued up to this needle phenomena, all of the Dianetics hours had to be added up and in the CSW we had to highlight how many hours of Dianetics a person had.

(This submission was for approval to attest to Clear, not to get onto OT Levels, that was another, separate CSW after Solo I, II, OT Preps and Elig)

-------

And then around 99 or 2000, an IG Network Bulletin came out where if a person had not outright stated the Clear Cog, we could interview them and fish around to get it. Hopefully so they did not have to pay to get a new CCRD. That hardly worked. Very few came out with it in the interview. If they did spit it out, we would tab that, count the number of Dianetics hours and submit approval to do OT Levels.

------

I remember a PC when I was at ASHO. I was not the C/S. Bruce Gaines was. What a sad, sweet guy. The girl DID NOT HAVE ANY CLEAR EVIDENCE and she was told so. She flipped out and went to the RTC office at AOLA and tried to assault the RTC Rep. So she (RTC Rep) requested all of the folders and told Bruce to review everything. Both of us went through everything with a fine tooth comb. It was not there and I told Bruce that. He started to cry.

Next thing I knew she was started on OT I.

I was like "WTF???"

Maybe if I go try to beat up an RTC Rep they will give me something for nothing too!!!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
The bombastic announcement of "Dianetic Clear" during 1978 was the main development that led to my exiting Scientology. The Dianetic Clears I encountered were mostly unremarkable and their "state of Clear" seemed to be 90% belief with little substance. Even when I audited - again - outside the CofS, during the early/mid 1980s, I disagreed with the prevalent "Dianetic Clear" theory and "Clear cognition" theory in use by outside-the-CofS Scientology at the time. The Dianetic Clears' PC folders that I studied were, to me, to use the wording of the time, "by passed cases." It was mostly hype, with very little actual change in the person.

So, I never "got on that page" of Scientology, having left around that time.

I could never have survived in that era of Scientology, and only was comfortable in the earlier era because I was unable to see the same sort of mind games that were in place when I first became involved.

When a new collection of hype/hypno-mind games were introduced with Dianetic Clear and with NOTs, I began to see it.

Thank goodness for those 1977 FBI raids, Hubbard's subsequent mental&physical breakdown, and his re-arranging of the Scientological furniture. It helped me snap me out of the Scio-trance.

Thanks Bea and Dean for the clarification. :)

image002.gif

There was an evolution (or 5 or 10 of them, for f*cks sakes!!!) to go through all of the PC folders of all attested Clears to see who was actually Clear and not. I would say I went through several thousand folders of supposed Clears and from those who attested in that 78 frenzy, maybe 1% were actual Clears. Most of them were not.

Veda

Sponsor
There was an evolution (or 5 or 10 of them, for f*cks sakes!!!) to go through all of the PC folders of all attested Clears to see who was actually Clear and not. I would say I went through several thousand folders of supposed Clears and from those who attested in that 78 frenzy, maybe 1% were actual Clears. Most of them were not.

That's interesting.

In 1970, Hubbard had written of Dianetic Clear:

"Only about 2 percent actually go clear on Dianetics."

He added: "A Dianetic Clear as any other Dianetic PC now goes up through the Grades of Scientology and on to the proper Clearing Course. The Dianetic Clear of Book 1 was clear of somatics. The Book 1 definition is correct. This is the end phenomena of Dianetics as per the Classification Chart and Book 1
."

Excerpt from the early 1990s David Mayo article on [Dianetic] 'Clear':

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

Not to prolong this "tech talk," but what was the C/S (or C/Ses) for the 99% who were judged not to be Clear? More Dianetics? False Purpose RD?, Old Clearing (PP, R6EW, CC) route?, or ?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
That's interesting.

In 1970, Hubbard had written of Dianetic Clear:

"Only about 2 percent actually go clear on Dianetics."

He added: "A Dianetic Clear as any other Dianetic PC now goes up through the Grades of Scientology and on to the proper Clearing Course. The Dianetic Clear of Book 1 was clear of somatics. The Book 1 definition is correct. This is the end phenomena of Dianetics as per the Classification Chart and Book 1
."

Excerpt from the early 1990s David Mayo article on [Dianetic] 'Clear':

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..."

Not to prolong this "tech talk," but what was the C/S (or C/Ses) for the 99% who were judged not to be Clear? More Dianetics? False Purpose RD?, Old Clearing (PP, R6EW, CC) route?, or ?

Wow. You all know me by my story, not all this technical stuff! But now I am getting into it! I rarely do..... It's time though.

If they are determined to be not Clear, the Clear status is removed and then we look at what actions they have had already and if they were done correctly to EP or not. We start with Purif. Most may have had it. If it was EPed and no drugs since, then we would look at Objectives. I am not sure what the current change is in Objectives because even when I was in, the hours requirement was a big deal. Maybe not in Class V Orgs, but at CCI and ASHO, Objectives being done properly to completion were important for OT Levels starts. If the EP of Objectives was there, and they had audited enough hours on it, then Scn DRD would be done. Most had not had it. Then ARC Straightwire up to Grade IV would be done/ reviewed. If they were all ok and EPed (none ever were, they usually had to be redone). Then they would go onto a NED program like anyone else. And they would either go Clear, or go onto Alternate Route. Most would go Clear on NED auditing. A small percentage would go onto Alternate Route to Clear (which is Power, R6EW and Clearing Course, then onto OT I straight). They would attest to NED Case Completion and then do OT Preps and Solo I and II and then do Alternate Route.

-------

False Purpose RD had specific uses. For example if a persons OCA was low on the left, they would be out of valence and get LX Lists as part of OT Preps (with GF40X), if it were low on the right, they would get FPRD. The C/S (yours truly) would determine which areas the person would get FPRD on. Its glorified sec checking, basically, plus finding the underlying evil purpose and blowing it.

Hope this helps.