What's new

Tom Cruise $50 Million Lawsuit: Magazine Publisher Wants HIM To Pay Their Legal Fees

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
ouchie. :unsure:

I guess the best defense is a good offense.

Like I said earlier, Bauer is doing a great job of turning lemons into lemonade...

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/tom-cruise-lawsuit-magazine-publisher-legal-fees/

(excerpt)

Tom Cruise
’s legal troubles are getting worse because RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that the magazine publisher he is suing for $50 million for libel and slander is fighting back – and asking the judge to order the actor to pay a portion of their legal fees.

Lawyers for Bauer Publishing are asking Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Chooljian to order Cruise to pay $35,000 in legal fees associated with his attempt to tie the company to alleged anti-Semitism in his lawsuit over the publisher’s claim that he “abandoned” his daughter, Suri Cruise in the wake of his divorce from actress Katie Holmes.

Cruise, a devout Scientologist, failed in his bid to connect his Bauer to Nazism and Hitler worship, after the judge ruled the publisher did not have to reveal whether it had any ties to alleged anti-Semitism.

In a Los Angeles federal district court the judge said Bauer’s potential Nazi sympathies were outside the scope of the case and Bauer steadfastly denied having any Nazi ties or allegiances.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Tom Cruise $50 Million Lawsuit: Magazine Publisher Wants HIM To Pay Their Legal F

ouchie. :unsure:

I guess the best defense is a good offense.

Like I said earlier, Bauer is doing a great job of turning lemons into lemonade...

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/tom-cruise-lawsuit-magazine-publisher-legal-fees/

(excerpt)

Tom Cruise
’s legal troubles are getting worse because RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that the magazine publisher he is suing for $50 million for libel and slander is fighting back – and asking the judge to order the actor to pay a portion of their legal fees.

Lawyers for Bauer Publishing are asking Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Chooljian to order Cruise to pay $35,000 in legal fees associated with his attempt to tie the company to alleged anti-Semitism in his lawsuit over the publisher’s claim that he “abandoned” his daughter, Suri Cruise in the wake of his divorce from actress Katie Holmes.

Cruise, a devout Scientologist, failed in his bid to connect his Bauer to Nazism and Hitler worship, after the judge ruled the publisher did not have to reveal whether it had any ties to alleged anti-Semitism.

In a Los Angeles federal district court the judge said Bauer’s potential Nazi sympathies were outside the scope of the case and Bauer steadfastly denied having any Nazi ties or allegiances.

This is my favorite part of the article...

Excerpt:
The judge had ordered Cruise to pay 50 percent of Bauer’s fees at the last hearing. According to new court documents obtained exclusively by Radar, “defendants’ litigation team billed a total of 165.2 hours on this motion….”

Radar has a link to the actual court documents, so I'll try and find the billable rate per hour and post it shortly.

EDIT: Bauer's attorneys bill at the following hourly rates:

Partner, Elizabeth McNamara: $576.00 - billed 48.2 hrs.
Associate, Deborah Adler: $436.50 - billed 40.9 hrs.
Associate, Jeremy Chase: $351.00 - billed 69.0 hrs.
Paralegal, Megan Duffy: $207.00 - billed 7.1 hrs.

JB

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: Tom Cruise $50 Million Lawsuit: Magazine Publisher Wants HIM To Pay Their Legal F

This is typical in any lawsuit. If TC's lawsuit is dismissed or he withdraws it, Bauer Publishing will file a motion asking the judge to order TC to repay them ALL the attorneys fees & court costs pertinent to this litigation.

Remember when Marc & Claire had to pay the $45,000 in Scientology's attorneys fees & court costs related to their lawsuit?