What's new

Hubbard The Nuclear Physicist

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard wasn't an idiot. He was a competent though not brilliant writer, and he ran a successful cult. He was not remotely a genius; not even a flawed one. His vaunted 'Study Tech' is only really useful for giving students confidence in learning very simple things, like the rote gibberish of Scientology. It is a serious impediment to learning anything that's actually difficult. Traditional high school education has a lot of flaws, but Hubbard's Study Tech only promises to do better. It doesn't deliver.

It wasn't even his Study Tech.

I can't remember where I read this but apparently two of his followers at Saint Hill spent some time explaining to him the study tech they'd developed and the next day he did a lecture announcing this new Study Tech that he said he'd developed.

everfree

Patron Meritorious
This book cover? He doesn't just say he was a nuclear physicist, he claimed he was one of the FIRST nuclear physicists!

Thanks for this detailed response, Arnie. Yeah, that is the one. Mine is a 1979 reprint, but it apparently goes all the way back to 1957.

Anonycat

Crusader
Thanks for this detailed response, Arnie. Yeah, that is the one. Mine is a 1979 reprint, but it apparently goes all the way back to 1957.

And youngest Eagle Scout. He was an achiever like no other. I'll make up a quote that Ron forgot to say: "The greatest shortcut to greatness, is the lie."

everfree

Patron Meritorious
Dear everfree,

Belated welcome and thanks for your wonderful post. Many here realized the things you wrote of but you stated it in a way that I think will open the eyes of many who have not seen it or thought of it as significant.... as you read more and more, your opinion of Hubbard's brilliance may change a bit but you will find more truths which will make sense to you. That's really all that matters but helping others see things is an added gift and your story about your revelations concerning Hubbard the Nuclear Physicist will help many as time goes by.

Don't regret what did not come of things for you in the past. Keep moving forward and read everything you can get your hands on. Truth has a way of evaporating lies.

You may find this thread on lists of links helpful:

Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21499-Internet-Resources-on-Scientology-for-newcomers

Best wishes,

Mary McConnell

Thank you for your kind words, Mary. I have actually been out for a over ten years now. When I was first out I posted a lot as I started processing things - I was very interested at first in "fixing" the things wrong I saw with the group I had supported with my life for so long. As I finally got more and more involved in other aspects of life I stopped posting or even thinking about Scientology. This is such an exciting time, with so much exposure of abuses ongoing that it has drawn me back to a degree :)

My original post in this thread was originally intended for old friends who are still ridding themselves of the Hubbardian mind control and are largely in the stage of "Hubbard = good, Miscavige = bad" so I couched it in terms they might more likely be able to handle. It still went over like a lead balloon ;-)

Thank you for your kind words, Mary. I have actually been out for a over ten years now. When I was first out I posted a lot as I started processing things - I was very interested at first in "fixing" the things wrong I saw with the group I had supported with my life for so long. As I finally got more and more involved in other aspects of life I stopped posting or even thinking about Scientology. This is such an exciting time, with so much exposure of abuses ongoing that it has drawn me back to a degree :)

My original post in this thread was originally intended for old friends who are still ridding themselves of the Hubbardian mind control and are largely in the stage of "Hubbard = good, Miscavige = bad" so I couched it in terms they might more likely be able to handle. It still went over like a lead balloon ;-)

right...

"fixing things"...

men and women of good will have been trying to do that since 1950. and with some success sometimes. i did OK at it while i was in. if you keep your mouth shut and just hold to the good stuff and rope-a-dope the lousy stuff you can improve things somewhat for until you finally get nailed. but nailed you will get if you zone in on what it should and can be and don't get on with the cultish mind control moneygrubbing power play...

there may be some hope for the future of the subject with the indies. Co$$$ suxxx...

everfree

Patron Meritorious
right...

"fixing things"...

men and women of good will have been trying to do that since 1950. and with some success sometimes. i did OK at it while i was in.

"Fixing things" was all I knew how to do at first, until I came to the conclusion that if anyone WANTED to fix some of the horrible things I saw and experienced - like destitute staff and neglected SO kids - they would already be fixed.

That was the problem. In fact, I had seen an "HCO Interrogatory" (a political control mechanism used by the church to look for dissenters and enemies) that was looking to root out people who thought that the staff should be paid. Instead of putting any energy into ensuring the people actually doing the work got any part of the pie and had "optimum survival across the dynamics", the actual organizational response to destitute staff was a Maoist-style propaganda poster campaign to warn staff against people who would offer them jobs outside the org and to search for people who thought the staff should be paid so they could be handled or eliminated so they no longer corrupted the heard with their insidious ideas.

Understanding that was part of the waking up process.

Last edited:
"Fixing things" was all I knew how to do at first, until I came to the conclusion that if anyone WANTED to fix some of the horrible things I saw and experienced - like destitute staff and neglected SO kids - they would already be fixed.

That was the problem. In fact, I had seen an "HCO Interrogatory" (a political control mechanism used by the church to look for dissenters and enemies) that was looking to root out people who thought that the staff should be paid. Instead of putting any energy into ensuring the people actually doing the work got any part of the pie and had "optimum survival across the dynamics", the actual organizational response to destitute staff was a Maoist-style propaganda poster campaign to warn staff against people who would offer them jobs outside the org and to search for people who thought the staff should be paid so they could be handled or eliminated so they no longer corrupted the heard with their insidious ideas.

Understanding that was part of the waking up process.

i don't know what happened to it but when i was on course in SF in '71 a PL or ED came out requiring orgs to allot a certain percentage of GI to staff pay. this was in force when i was on staff at FCDC and the org was doing pretty good business. my wife and i had a pleasant two room apartment on staff pay, which was of course still ridiculously low...

duke ellington was once asked how he managed to keep his band together when other big bands had such high rates of turnover. he said "well, to keep a band together you have to have gimmick and i do; i pay them."

the whole shebang would probably work pretty well if auditor's were paid $25 an hour. this is very low pay for a highly professional activity but many many people would happily take that when they could do much better elsewhere for the joy of having something to do worth doing. and then you get other staff on varying terms. you pay the course sups at least minimum wage whch ain't bad when the people are all in with the directive "the church is to be a religious co-operative" hey! a lot of that lrh/csi imprimatur is primo dead on stuff. and then others get cash/services pay and moonlight a day or two and not only get by well enough in a co-operative community they're out in the larger community being good and lively examples...

jee-yay-ziss! it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to make dianetics work pretty well. in fact it was often being done back in the day but always got screwed from inside, often at the direction of elron

one woman once compared him to a cow that delivered a good bucket of milk and then kicked over the pail...

but ya gotta shitcan crap like "barley water is better than breastfeeding"...