What's new

What Your IAS Donations Buy — Invisible Scientology Volunteer Ministers

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
vms.jpg

Mike: What Your IAS Donations Buy — Invisible VMs
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/what-your-ias-donations-buy-invisible-vms/

Excerpt:
It would appear that my posting 4 days ago about the failure of the church to update the information about their massive VM relief force in the Philippines caused a stir in the bowels of the beast.

Today the church put out a press release to announce to the world the enormity of their actions (all funded of course by an emergency IAS grant).

The photo that accompanied the story is at left. It shows a grand total of SIX VMs, apparently there is some mission in Manila who “activated their Volunteer Ministers” and they were joined by someone(s) from the India “Goodwill Tour.”

The “story” is defined by its amazing lack of specifics (other than details about the magnitude of the disaster which only highlight the lack of magnitude of the response). Remember, this is the same church that blazes headlines about number of typos corrected and number of dust particles removed from films, feet of wiring in buildings and gives an exact count of imaginary people at the Flag ribbon cutting event.

Just look at the photo, then read the story. See if you can see ANY specifics about what magnitude of “relief” has been provided thanks the the amazing generosity of the IAS and mobilizing the largest private relief force on earth.

This IS what your IAS donations buy. Nothing.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

So donations to the IAS pay for six yellow tee shirts and some caps. Very nice. It's also possibly paid for cheap airfares and possibly food and shelter. I suppose it might even cover use of cheap phone or skype calls. This could be covered by the cost of three annual memberships. Or the volunteers might have got people to directly sponsor them.

This is very cost effective PR. Pity then that no one is fooled by the idea of COS being charitable. Helping downstats, that made it go wrong by not choosing a white middleclass western family to be born into, is against the principle of helping the able to be more able.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Those are Philippine victims who were given a free VM T-shirt cuz they lost their clothing in the disaster. COB ordered a Sea Org Slave to be sent there on a Project :coolwink: to take photos of VM's who are the natives...not real VM's! The Sea Org guy packed 7 VM T-shirts but a public at Flag was regged $20 x 7 = $140 plus the cost of sending the Sea Org Slave there to pay for the entire "show" for the event propaganda hosted by COB!:yes: That is how it rolls in Scamonology!! The science of "smoke and mirrors"!!

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Usually when people go to a disaster area to help they bring food, first aid kits, and tools but none of these people seem to be carrying very much that would be of any real aid. It's kinda like a bunch of firemen showing up to a fire without their fire truck.

Gib

Crusader
So donations to the IAS pay for six yellow tee shirts and some caps. Very nice. It's also possibly paid for cheap airfares and possibly food and shelter. I suppose it might even cover use of cheap phone or skype calls. This could be covered by the cost of three annual memberships. Or the volunteers might have got people to directly sponsor them.

This is very cost effective PR. Pity then that no one is fooled by the idea of COS being charitable. Helping downstats, that made it go wrong by not choosing a white middleclass western family to be born into, is against the principle of helping the able to be more able.

It goes like this.

Those still "in members" see that picture, so they think their money donated to the IAS gets donated to those people in the picture, so as to spread the word "scientology" is good. Look at the picture and see!

So the IAS donor's see the picture, and trust it fully. LOL

But, behind the scenes, well, there are many many donations made to the IAS. So the actual cost to spend the money donated by the IAS donor's is quite small to create that picture,

thus the illusion,
to the still in members since they have full trust in the organization,

and none have done a real due diligence.

It's leverage via the power of a picture,

mental image picture created via words. LOL

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
It goes like this.

Those still "in members" see that picture, so they think their money donated to the IAS gets donated to those people in the picture, so as to spread the word "scientology" is good. Look at the picture and see!

So the IAS donor's see the picture, and trust it fully. LOL

But, behind the scenes, well, there are many many donations made to the IAS. So the actual cost to spend the money donated by the IAS donor's is quite small to create that picture,

thus the illusion,
to the still in members since they have full trust in the organization,

and none have done a real due diligence.

It's leverage via the power of a picture,

mental image picture created via words. LOL

To tell you the truth it's worse than that because some truly charitable caring people get involved. They become the caring face of 'Abuse R Us'.

Lensworth Small was a wonderful example of this. He was a Black Lawyer in London who did a hell of a lot of Educational Charity work in Brixton London, as instructed by the GO, but really he was just a victim of hungry PR people. Everyone loved Lensworth, he was a genuine generous human being taken advantage of by a cynical cult. Used to get study tech used in the third world by unsuspecting people.

http://besteducation.org.uk/index.php?page=about-us

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was an IAS Patron.

When I left Scientology I contacted the IAS and told them their organisation and its aims and purpose were all BS and I stuck them with the facts.

They must have agreed as they sent me all my money back.:yes:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Anybody who believes that a poorly-educated Scientology victim in a yellow teeshirt can be anything other than a burden in a disaster area really needs to read this article on Gawker.

Gawker (part) said:
One nurse told me that the Scientologists actually caused harm — they gave food to people who were scheduled to go into surgery. That then led to complications in the operating theater.

Sounds like the clams know as much about aid work as L Ron Hubbard knew about mental health.
:duh:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
vms.jpg

QUESTION: What is the senior policy and VFP of a Volunteer Minister?

ANSWER: Wear yellow t-shirts. Wear more yellow t-shirts. Make other people wear yellow t-shirts so as to make more fauxto ops.

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY."
- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 9 March 1972