What's new

Last Sunday

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Re: Commander Birdsong's question

[SNIP]. would you bump your new member intro and add to it? [SNIP]

Commander, I went back, and reviewed my multiple long posts in my new member intro - I do have a lot of stuff there already, although a good amount of it was about my process of departure and declare. Where would you like to see more detail? Secondly, how does one 'bump' one's new member intro?

Re: Commander Birdsong's question

Commander, I went back, and reviewed my multiple long posts in my new member intro - I do have a lot of stuff there already, although a good amount of it was about my process of departure and declare. Where would you like to see more detail? Secondly, how does one 'bump' one's new member intro?

right...

when i first started reading esmb i kept coming across posts that just said "bump" and flatfooted dullard that i am it took weeks for me to figure it out. "bumping" a thread just means adding a post to bring the thread back into view with today's posts and it's often done with just the word "bump" or it can be done by adding to the thread

so...

please either give the thread a simple bump or add more to it. with thirty years inside i'm sure you have plenty of interesting untold stories

but...

a simple bump will do

and the more i think about it the more impressed i am with post #51. very, very well done david you stand very well as a spokesman for a large consensus of of esmbers. i especially like the soto voce introduction of the thought of judgement and damnation. as unfashionable as that has become no presentation of christianity complete without it

and...

as you ask what us protestants have...

one of the things we have is jonathan edwards famous early eighteenth century sermon "sinners in the hand of an angry god". when i was a lad it was part of the curriculum in our public high school. i read it as a sophomore. even in this day some school districts might be slipping it in as literature which it not only is but it is historic as america more or less invented the sermon as the center of the sunday service and it was the heart of the beginnings of american literature

so...

as long as this thread now entertains the doctrine of damnation...

GO FOR THE GUSTO!!!

i say...

would someone who knows how please post this seminal work of american literature on this thread?

Last edited: