What's new

Has anybody seen my kids?

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
For not am am just curious about them. The are Scientologists so they would probably hang up if I called. I just like news. Its been ten years since heard from them. I try not to think about it cause it makes me so sad.

This makes me so mad! :angry:
I hope they get in touch one day soon, W2T, I really do.

I know others in this predicament. There is no fairness to it.

I wonder if all the parents who have been disconnected from make a huge stink about it, would it bring the public attention necessary to break down the walls? I think that's what it would take.
I think the pressure needs to be put on. The cult has backed off in bad some bad PR situations, as after all, that's really their main concern.

The cult has been 'maintaining' on the 'we don't have any disconnection policy - it's their choice to not communicate' bull-shit line. They clearly need to lose their lie-based, status-quo advantage.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
This makes me so mad! :angry:
I hope they get in touch one day soon, W2T, I really do.

I know others in this predicament. There is no fairness to it.

I wonder if all the parents who have been disconnected from make a huge stink about it, would it bring the public attention necessary to break down the walls? I think that's what it would take.
I think the pressure needs to be put on. The cult has backed off in bad some bad PR situations, as after all, that's really their main concern.

The cult has been 'maintaining' on the 'we don't have any disconnection policy - it's their choice to not communicate' bull-shit line. They clearly need to lose their lie-based, status-quo advantage.

Yah know this got me thinking. I wonder how many other media would follow suit like Inside Edition and Lori did if whoever had loved ones inside approached their local or national media, or even approached Inside Edition. Would it become a world wide media mayhem?

Yah know this got me thinking. I wonder how many other media would follow suit like Inside Edition and Lori did if whoever had loved ones inside approached their local or national media, or even approached Inside Edition. Would it become a world wide media mayhem?

I think it would be incredibly powerful if several parents and families got together for a special, a la the Inside Edition Lori Hodgson piece (as Wants2talk sort of alluded to as well I think). Having all of those parents and families in the room sharing their stories and pain together would break the hearts of everyone watching, which would (hopefully) in turn inspire another wave of people to take action/speak out/educate themselves. There aren't many things more heartbreakingly compelling than watching a family go through such pain because of an evil cult masquerading as a religion. Add in the whole Tom Cruise hypocrisy and it would get a ton of attention and traction I think which, again, would hopefully bring more people into the fight against the church and finally get the attention of law enforcement.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Don't put off making contact or stop searching for your loved ones. I made the same mistake, feeling overwhelmed, sad and putting it off each time I'd start back up. The thing is, one day they may not be contactable by the time you make up your mind. This happened to me with the loved one i hesitated contacting. She died before I made contact. I will live with this forever. Don't waste a moment if you know how to reach them. Send a post card, 'good roads, fair weather' type, letting you know that you think of them and love them. That's all. Do this periodically, leaving a contact address. You'd be surprised how well this works. It's opening the door to communication. Take it from me, if you don't take the first step, the door may remain closed for ever.

Never give up. Never.

Wants2Talk

I think it would be incredibly powerful if several parents and families got together for a special, a la the Inside Edition Lori Hodgson piece (as Wants2talk sort of alluded to as well I think). Having all of those parents and families in the room sharing their stories and pain together would break the hearts of everyone watching, which would (hopefully) in turn inspire another wave of people to take action/speak out/educate themselves. There aren't many things more heartbreakingly compelling than watching a family go through such pain because of an evil cult masquerading as a religion. Add in the whole Tom Cruise hypocrisy and it would get a ton of attention and traction I think which, again, would hopefully bring more people into the fight against the church and finally get the attention of law enforcement.

I think it will happen. The earliest I can participate is next summer.

Wants2Talk

Don't put off making contact or stop searching for your loved ones. I made the same mistake, feeling overwhelmed, sad and putting it off each time I'd start back up. The thing is, one day they may not be contactable by the time you make up your mind. This happened to me with the loved one i hesitated contacting. She died before I made contact. I will live with this forever. Don't waste a moment if you know how to reach them. Send a post card, 'good roads, fair weather' type, letting you know that you think of them and love them. That's all. Do this periodically, leaving a contact address. You'd be surprised how well this works. It's opening the door to communication. Take it from me, if you don't take the first step, the door may remain closed for ever.

Never give up. Never.

Thanks for reading through this thread tonight. Tonight I am in the closing weeks of the last year state-required education for licensing as an architect. I am 61. School is hard. The kids don't like me cause I am old. The professors don't like me because I am self-taught. I have been back in school for 8 years (first six part time and took one off). I have until recently hesitated to talk about my life goals because I believe(d) that OSA or OSA volunteers would fair-game me to people who have to accept me for me to join the ranks of the profession.

My children were told stuff out of my folders as a part of their handling. I never hid from them that had reverted to occasional drug use. But, combined with folder stuff, and my action to inform them of the truthful dangers of Scientology, from their viewpoints, I looked pretty degraded while mom and paramour had good incomes and the keys to immortality. So, the impossible happened and they cut me out of their lives even though I had raise them while their mom was off training.

I may have fallen out of love with architecture - education can do that to one. The kids were made to believe that their dad was a suppressive and so would never amount to anything, or amount to anything because as a suppressive he could not finish a cycle of action. As absurd as it may seem, I feel I must out-live this prediction.

Keeping my lost children before me can cause me suicidal despair. The actions I take to live today as their dad are two: school and ESMB. Every time I log on here, I do so because I love and miss my children and I am convinced that Scientology Organization cannot withstand public knowledge about disconnection. I don't make many long post because I have to maintain an emotional equilibrium in order to succeed at my childhood dream.

I am surprised and thankful for the recent bump of this thread. Funny-I don't cry these days, but I make ready for when "the time" comes - which does seem to be on the horizon.

Big hugs all around!:thumbsup:

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Thanks for reading through this thread tonight. Tonight I am in the closing weeks of the last year state-required education for licensing as an architect. I am 61. School is hard. The kids don't like me cause I am old. The professors don't like me because I am self-taught. I have been back in school for 8 years (first six part time and took one off). I have until recently hesitated to talk about my life goals because I believe(d) that OSA or OSA volunteers would fair-game me to people who have to accept me for me to join the ranks of the profession.

My children were told stuff out of my folders as a part of their handling. I never hid from them that had reverted to occasional drug use. But, combined with folder stuff, and my action to inform them of the truthful dangers of Scientology, from their viewpoints, I looked pretty degraded while mom and paramour had good incomes and the keys to immortality. So, the impossible happened and they cut me out of their lives even though I had raise them while their mom was off training.

I may have fallen out of love with architecture - education can do that to one. The kids were made to believe that their dad was a suppressive and so would never amount to anything, or amount to anything because as a suppressive he could not finish a cycle of action. As absurd as it may seem, I feel I must out-live this prediction.

Keeping my lost children before me can cause me suicidal despair. The actions I take to live today as their dad are two: school and ESMB. Every time I log on here, I do so because I love and miss my children and I am convinced that Scientology Organization cannot withstand public knowledge about disconnection. I don't make many long post because I have to maintain an emotional equilibrium in order to succeed at my childhood dream.

I am surprised and thankful for the recent bump of this thread. Funny-I don't cry these days, but I make ready for when "the time" comes - which does seem to be on the horizon.

Congrats on achieving your licensing requirements as an Architect. Be proud of yourself! I have personal experience as an adult going back to school... and am about to graduate with a nursing degree at the end of December. It has been a challenge. KUDOS to you! Pat yourself on the back or I will come over there (wherever you are) and do it! :geekon::bravo:

I can never come close to walking in the shoes of someone who has lost contact with their children. The story of Lori Hodgson, she is an inspiration; her strength and persistence in trying to reconnect with her children. I think her continuing story will inspire others to step forward.

Chin up Wants2Talk. I think we all agree here at ESMB that the Co$ cannot withstand public knowledge about disconnection. More and more people are finding out about it, everyday. More and more exposure about it, reveals that the CoS as a dangerous cult. :grouphug:

CO2

Patron Meritorious

Please forgive me for what I am about to say.

A little context: i'm 63, and not remotely apologetic for drug and alcohol use over the that time. My children, have used stuff, and get together with us on week ends, where beer and mixed Polynesian Potables are made and served.

I'm a general contractor and real estate agent/broker. I took the minimum number of classes to get those certs.

I have never had a fondness for school. (understatement0.

In some old Woody Allen movie, he has a character saying, " Those who can, do. Those who can't , teach. Those who can't teach, teach gym."

I know Hubbard said this, but that doesn't make it untrue: if you want to be an architect, go out and do it.

I barely made it through high school without dropping out.

One of my sons, really really, barely made it through high school.

We, both , live in houses, that we own, that would sell for over a million dollars. We earned the money.

Surprise surprise, in the real world, many people care more about the product that you produce in an agreed upon time frame, than whether you have a piece of paper, saying you survived four years of school.

If it is an architect that you want to be, the best way to do that is to start designing, drawing plans for a client.

Going to school is a via, a very long non shortcut.

If you want to PM me, I can connect you with an architect, with a license, in Newport Beach, CA, where he has a 40 foot boat. Between the two of us, we can give you steps to take to create a career.

Congratulations on your achievement! :happydance: Very proud of you!

Summa cum laude, me too! Welcome to the Club! :biggrin:

Keep on putting one foot in front of the other, and you will meet with success! :thumbsup:

(At a certain point...academia is a grind, even for those of us who love it!!! :biggrin: Just endure this winding up part of the process.)

2008-7-26_14210_congratulations-pink-flowers.gif

And take that naughty old possum up on his offer of a professional contact! :coolwink:

Wants2Talk

I am close but not done with school. I expect to graduate in may 2014. I pursued being a designer/builder for 30 years - I won many projects away from architects for whom I have some disdain because because they lie, flow problems down hill, and consider their ass holy. Many people called me an architect. The problem comes with the law. You can't call yourself an architect or operate as such on projects over 5000ft without the license. You can't get published or have an impact on "the canon". Everyday I had to tell someone "No-I am not an Architect". By law I would have to bring my larger jobs to an Architect for stamping. Just stamping without overseeing drawings is considered unethical. I have spent my whole life as a ghost-always giving my work to someone else to put their name on. All of this because I was convinced it was more important to "clear the planet" than finish school. Even after finishing school I still need to apprentice for 2-3 years before I can sit for a multi-part/day exam. My thirty years of experience don't count because of the rules and timing of rule changes.

I want the license just to be what I am without having to say "I am not".

Last edited:
Just finishing school is a huge achievement these days! :thumbsup:

I know you will find a way to let your talents and abilities shine as a builder/creater! Trust yourself and trust that the process of life will place many good opportunities in your path! :yes:

Speaking of creative building, what do you think of these kinds of projects to help solve the housing shortage/homeless problems? Maybe even just as transitional housing?

Rehabbing shipping containers to create affordable studio living quarters? :happydance:

http://www.theguardian.com/housing-network/2013/oct/24/brighton-housing-homeless-shipping-containers

Here's a gallery of pictures of the proposed project: http://www.theguardian.com/housing-...-housing-homeless-shipping-containers-gallery

This article has a video with a slightly more casual/overnight emergency lodging adaptation of the concept: http://smilingtimes.com/converting-shipping-containers-into-homes-for-the-homless-video/

http://youtu.be/xUMqYSOlpNg

As does this one: http://youtu.be/_Kz0ADnyw3I

This last take on it reminds me of the many people here in the US who are living in Recreational Vehicles and motor homes in various mobile home parks and campgrounds, etc.

As someone who has worked with, and to improve conditions for homeless people for decades now, this is seen by many here as a good affordable housing option for getting people off the street and out of shelters.

To make tiny homes out of the cargo containers, and then cluster them together with a manager's office, a modest community center having a community kitchen and common meeting or recreational space, laundry facilities, etc. is very similar to creating a fixed (on a foundation) manufactured home park here. Only maybe lots cheaper because they can be made to be readily moveable and reconfigured into cluster of various sizes, even stacked vertically to a degree, depending on need and available resources. Converting unused cargo containers might just be a more affordable option for communities to build more affordable housing to meet their federal mandates, and/or to provide compassion help during extreme weather, etc? What do you think? :)

To accept Federal anti-poverty dollars, most communities of a certain size must provide some kind of cold weather shelter options for the indigent and homeless. Often this is just warehousing people on cots in an old industrial type building, very substandard housing even for a temporary solution. :no: Most people in need avoid going to these kinds of shelters after having very negative experiences there (being robbed, beaten, raped, etc.)

I think when done well, this creative conversion of shipping containers could provide a viable and affordable solution. :happydance:

Wants2Talk

Just finishing school is a huge achievement these days! :thumbsup:

I know you will find a way to let your talents and abilities shine as a builder/creater! Trust yourself and trust that the process of life will place many good opportunities in your path! :yes:

Speaking of creative building, what do you think of these kinds of projects to help solve the housing shortage/homeless problems? Maybe even just as transitional housing?

Rehabbing shipping containers to create affordable studio living quarters? :happydance:

http://www.theguardian.com/housing-network/2013/oct/24/brighton-housing-homeless-shipping-containers

Here's a gallery of pictures of the proposed project: http://www.theguardian.com/housing-...-housing-homeless-shipping-containers-gallery

This article has a video with a slightly more casual/overnight emergency lodging adaptation of the concept: http://smilingtimes.com/converting-shipping-containers-into-homes-for-the-homless-video/

http://youtu.be/xUMqYSOlpNg

As does this one: http://youtu.be/_Kz0ADnyw3I

This last take on it reminds me of the many people here in the US who are living in Recreational Vehicles and motor homes in various mobile home parks and campgrounds, etc.

As someone who has worked with, and to improve conditions for homeless people for decades now, this is seen by many here as a good affordable housing option for getting people off the street and out of shelters.

To make tiny homes out of the cargo containers, and then cluster them together with a manager's office, a modest community center having a community kitchen and common meeting or recreational space, laundry facilities, etc. is very similar to creating a fixed (on a foundation) manufactured home park here. Only maybe lots cheaper because they can be made to be readily moveable and reconfigured into cluster of various sizes, even stacked vertically to a degree, depending on need and available resources. Converting unused cargo containers might just be a more affordable option for communities to build more affordable housing to meet their federal mandates, and/or to provide compassion help during extreme weather, etc? What do you think? :)

To accept Federal anti-poverty dollars, most communities of a certain size must provide some kind of cold weather shelter options for the indigent and homeless. Often this is just warehousing people on cots in an old industrial type building, very substandard housing even for a temporary solution. :no: Most people in need avoid going to these kinds of shelters after having very negative experiences there (being robbed, beaten, raped, etc.)

I think when done well, this creative conversion of shipping containers could provide a viable and affordable solution. :happydance:

Yes Sweetness, very interesting. I would like to see nomadic urban stealth camping to become more popular. If we knew that we could survive in such a mode we would not live in such fear of homelessness or be so government dependent.

princessxena

I know some of your family. I am uncomfortable discussing here but if you can forward me or post an email I will be in contact. I feel your pain.

rich

I don't understand. How is it out security to use an email address if it is dedicated to only this specific purpose? Seems to me it would be more secure than using the forum private messages.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I don't understand. How is it out security to use an email address if it is dedicated to only this specific purpose? Seems to me it would be more secure than using the forum private messages.

Just no Rich. A PM is a much safer way to pass on an e-mail addy, especially here considering all the awesome efforts by the admins and crew to make this a safe place for peoples. Ffs, 'out security'? :hysterical:

This regards people's personal e-mails, obviously media sites, those who put their e-mails up for replies etc., do not really matter. Shit, I'm I on a differnet topic? :p
(you are sort of right on dedicate e-mail thing, you just didn't explain your post thar imho)

:duh: Ooopsy.

Anonycat

Crusader

E-mail can reveal history or IP or other things, best left unknown until people feel comfortable with doxing themselves. PMs here are secure, and in my opinion, the best way to get to know someone before divulging personal information to. In fact, there is no urgency to giving an e-mail address.

rich

I am close but not done with school. I expect to graduate in may 2014. I pursued being a designer/builder for 30 years - I won many projects away from architects for whom I have some disdain because because they lie, flow problems down hill, and consider their ass holy. Many people called me an architect. The problem comes with the law. You can't call yourself an architect or operate as such on projects over 5000ft without the license. You can't get published or have an impact on "the canon". Everyday I had to tell someone "No-I am not an Architect". By law I would have to bring my larger jobs to an Architect for stamping. Just stamping without overseeing drawings is considered unethical. I have spent my whole life as a ghost-always giving my work to someone else to put their name on. All of this because I was convinced it was more important to "clear the planet" than finish school. Even after finishing school I still need to apprentice for 2-3 years before I can sit for a multi-part/day exam. My thirty years of experience don't count because of the rules and timing of rule changes.

I want the license just to be what I am without having to say "I am not".

The establishment is not making you go through all these yrs and yrs of "training" so that you can one day "be". They are doing it to control you.So that they can "be" powerfull over you. If you get your certification, and you still insist on "being" , they will suspend your certification till you learn your lesson. I think you should get together with the dirty opossum- and quick.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
The other thing there Rich, you are sort of neither here-nor-there in my honest opinion, kinda like the trolls at WWP thingy, where you'd have been insta-domed, you have your own sandbox of woo, and generally do not contribute to this community in a non-trolly way: except for entertainment value, why do you persist?

:screwy:

Really.

If you have ever explained your POV somewhere, because of the fuckery you present, hm, take you seriously? No. Just no.

Did I express myself with due respect? Should I elaborate?

iya.