What's new

Update on Hubbard's physics education

THE OVERTURE

so i was in my hack doing a dianetic assist on "the athens of america" and the playoffs started and i saw this as good havingness for my patient. i don't follow hockey. i was a bruins fan when i was a dumbass kid back when the nhl had only six teams more than forty years ago so i started out just following the games in the morning paper...

toronto made the playoffs for the first time in eleven years as a seventh seed. the two teams split the two games in boston and the bruins swept the next pair there

this is where i stuck my nose in...

the rabid fan just wants to see them come back for a game five clincher. oooo... tasteless. no no no no no. this year it is so much more than a game. canada's hart as gone out to our wounded city; such a gracious and generous host. it was my thought; indeed my intention; my postulate that we should go back to great white north and pour them a labatt's if not a molson's...

and the music on the ice for game five echoed the music before the puck was dropped..

o canada, we stand on guard for thee...

and proceeded to a robust finish...

O! CA..NA..DA! we..stand..on... GUAAARD... FOR... THEEEEEE!!!

back in toronto

...for game six

a genteel exchange of pleasantries wot?

game seven

well you know the materials say a hallmark of an "OT" (as they term it. the catholics think in terms of "charismatic". i lean toward "psychedelic"; "mind or soul manifesting" though i certainly acknowledge i draw heavily on the lrh/csi imprimatur) is their postulates stick. it did appear my postulate stuck. not to say anything is PROVEN, of course but my next postulate was quite simple; "score five goals"

they did...

i don't know if you followed the action at the time; hockey has the smallest audience of our four major sports, but one could scarcely be more pleased with how they were scored. i was in my taxi and i was switching the radio between the game and the cornball tunes of WJIB, 740 AM. i heard the bruins score first and toronto tie, i came back and it was toronto 3-1, then 4-1 in the third period...

nice to listen to some soothing old schlock...

back to the game and the crowd is cheering as their star forward horton has made it 4-2 with nearly ten minutes to go. next time i tune back into the game the announcer is about to swallow the mike and crowd is trying to blow the roof off the joint. the bruins had managed the rare feat of pulling their goalie for a sixth skater and scored two to tie it

in all the long history of national hockey league playoffs no team had ever trailed by three goals in the third period of a seventh game and come back to win...

until marchand potted the winner in...

dare i say it?

OT

o my, i did pick up some happy campers from the joyous swarm on causeway street; baby i mean like they were blown out gaga after that game...

and as i did mention on this board at the time i was driving the taxi bearing hackney medallion number 524

that's...

bruins, 5 to 4 in OT

and...

birdsong, OT in 524

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
dmsmh is an opening statement; the subject is well established and also remains developmental

ron...

is gone...

i'm still here and much of the material from dmsmh/sos remains fresh; timetrack, anaten, lock, secondary, key-in, key-out...

and on and on pitsy

there's truth enough in what you're saying but pouring acid on the raw ore just makes the nuggets easier to see
It's a pity it doesn't make the pyrite any easier to see.

It's a pity it doesn't make the pyrite any easier to see.

it does make the pyrite easier to see

i am giving clear account here of where i spend the gold i panned...

to do a serious dianetic assist on a city after a massive group trauma is spiritual gold...

no...

it cannot be proven my own hard and honestly earned spiritual gold is any way related to the very public event of the stanley cup playoff but i speak honestly that i silently spake as i have said i spake...

bruins up three games to one; my heart saw as i have said and seeing so said, translated into the vernacular of baseball "take two and hit to right" and they did hit to write...

and speaking then again as silent as before...

they did jive that five...

and this poor frail mortal sinner who would present himself as auditor did see his patient with being exterior vvgi's

my own long refined version of the tech; quite standard, just the art of it enhanced. it's based on communication and per the materials "art is the quality of communication"

Co$ suxxx

the materials work

and that was just the overture. second movement is the quietest; it's a pastorale. it's a transitional movement. such sparkle as it has is in it's reflection of the preceding climax in game one and the foreshadowing of the third movement in games 4-5

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
bruins up three games to one; my heart saw as i have said and seeing so said, translated into the vernacular of baseball "take two and hit to right" and they did hit to write...

and speaking then again as silent as before...

they did jive that five...

and this poor frail mortal sinner who would present himself as auditor did see his patient with being exterior vvgi's

my own long refined version of the tech; quite standard, just the art of it enhanced. it's based on communication and per the materials "art is the quality of communication"

Co$ suxxx

the materials work

and that was just the overture. second movement is the quietest; it's a pastorale. it's a transitional movement. such sparkle as it has is in it's reflection of the preceding climax in game one and the foreshadowing of the third movement in games 4-5

please keep the crazy coming. Its gold.

Anonycat

Crusader
I've commented before on Hubbard's meager physics education, so this is just a short update. I've seen Hubbard's transcript before, but I just heard Hubbard's own story about his education, from 'the university years' section of the lronhubbard.org site. This changes a couple of points for me.

Assuming that the recording there really is Hubbard's own words, then he must at least have learned a little bit of atomic physics, because he acknowledges that the course he studied was actually called 'atomic and molecular phenomena'. He states that nuclear physics is only a small part of that larger topic, and in one way that's true, although nobody would really put it that way today. (It's a bit like saying that cellular biology is one small part of economics.) And the brief summary of the subject that he makes is a fair summary of the very basic idea.

So Hubbard didn't just skip all his classes, and he wasn't just an idiot who was totally out of his depth in an intro physics course. The fact remains: he took one course in atomic and molecular physics, and failed it. He only passed a few very basic college physics courses. For a year or two, he was a 'physics major'. He flunked out. He did not take even an undergraduate degree. The people who built the atomic bomb were physics professors with doctoral degrees and many years of advanced research behind them. L. Ron Hubbard was never a physicist.

And yet in the voiceover on lronhubbard.com — if that's really Hubbard — he makes what sounds like a plausible case. He makes out that he became a fully trained nuclear physicist, a 'Buck Rogers boy', but could get no work in the field because there was no money for such advanced stuff in the Depression. So he turned to science fiction, he says, because he was such a sophisticated scientist. It's a plausible story, if you have no idea what's involved in an actual physics education.

What this means is just that Hubbard was a deliberate and knowing fraudster about his academic background. He knew enough to know that what he was claiming was fraud.

Diploma-mill doctorate, founder of the Hubbard College. Fraud is all they do!

Anonycat

Crusader
Diploma-mill doctorate, founder of the Hubbard College. Fraud is all they do!

Here's a gem from the Hubbard College - real education is the WORST! And a BA, Master's or PhD leads to a job you'll hate! Come pay for some non-accredited classes, and yes, it's all scientology!

In a perfect world, going to college is career education — it enables you to study something you love, become proficient at it, and sets you up to earn a good living and be happy and successful in your chosen career.

In the real world, getting college degrees often isn't anything like that. It's not career education at all.

You spend the first two years studying things that are not related to your field of interest before you finally get onto your major — your subject of choice. And often you find out later that it's not really something you want to do.

Unless you're willing, and able, to stay in school longer so you can switch your major, you're stuck with it. Then once you graduate and get out into the workforce, either you go into a job you don't really want to do, or you feel your college education was largely a waste of time.

You could end up in a career that is unfulfilling — one that doesn't give you a sense of accomplishment. And it sure isn't any fun. To be happy, you need career education and a college degree that leads you to a business or a job that makes you look forward to getting up in the morning, instead of the same old day-to-day drudgery.

Anonycat

Crusader
grades.gif

petal

Patron Meritorious
There are some references to it in Google.

Search it like this: "royal empire society hall" london

(leave the quotation marks where they are)

From wiki:
The Royal Commonwealth Society (RCS) (originally named the Colonial Society, later re-christened as the Royal Colonial Society, the Royal Colonial Institute and lastly as the Royal Empire Society) is an international educational charity and a private members' club. Its mission is to support and promote the modern Commonwealth, its culture and core values. The Society acts as a forum for the exchange of ideas and, through its broad-ranging public affairs programme, offers a forum for the debate, research and development of Commonwealth thinking on key international issues.

petal

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's a gem from the Hubbard College - real education is the WORST! And a BA, Master's or PhD leads to a job you'll hate! Come pay for some non-accredited classes, and yes, it's all scientology!

Huh? My first two years were FILLED with classes in my majors, even accounting for the fact that I tested out of General Chemistry. You can't get a decent education in two years in much of anything. Now, in those first two years you do get a healthy dose of tools you will need in your kit that are not directly related to your major, but then I'd expect someone with pretensions of engineering who flunked Calc I to say something like that - sometimes I think Hubbard said stupid shit both to see what the audience would swallow and to cover his tracks in case any of the real information on his life ever leaked out.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
"- sometimes I think Hubbard said stupid shit both to see what the audience would swallow and to cover his tracks in case "

I wonder when he stopped being surprised that people would believe the most bizarre nonsense.

The reasons and possibilities of how he managed to dupe so many has been gone over many times here, brainwashing, hypnosis, wins...but it is the one thing that I can never really get my mind around. I would need to experience it to understand and I think I'll pass on that offer.

I do know it has nothing to do with lack of intelligence....yet..
What blows my mind is Scientologist MDs.
Jesus wept. Wtf!
Clams, radiation, barley water, excessive vitamins, smoking vs 7 or so years of university studying biology and science.
Cognitive dissonance doesn't cover the sheer disconnect that is happening.

End of random rant. I also have issues with a family member's gp who is also a homeopath and dishes out homeopathic sugar pills. Not herbal/plant meds, homeopathic. I'm convinced that it is just a way to make money out of the people who are well aka fraud.