What's new

Jan 8th Rathbun Hearing

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
IANAL however it seems to me that discharging Cedillo in favor of Jefferson

cannot be seen as anything but a panicky move by Captain Miscavige.

Miscavige is basically a punk and a thug who surrounds himself with compliant underlings

and the trappings of success and wealth, but inside he is hollow and empty.

You can see it in his face. He looks all worn and tired.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in order to avoid

facing Jeffrey in Deposition, Captain Miscavige manufactures

a 'convenient' medical condition that precludes his giving testimony.

Or maybe all that blue asbestos will have found an equally toxic final resting place...

TG1

Angelic Poster
There's debate in some circles about whether the Fox News report about Wallace Jefferson taking over as lead counsel is correct or not.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

TG1

Angelic Poster

Miscavige is basically a punk and a thug who surrounds himself with compliant underlings

Or maybe all that blue asbestos will have found an equally toxic final resting place...

I had the same fleeting thought earlier tonight. Wouldn't that be weird, if David Miscavige were to put for a shore story that he's ... PTS?!

LOL!

He created his own prison by micromanaging the entire cult. The cult is coming apart at the seams, his puppet strings are being pulled from all ends, he's about a finger snap from going OT and asking 'Do you like Huey Lewis and the News'? , there's no way he'll be able to handle being deposed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
. . .
Yea, I guess this thread is ancient history now . . . per Internet time, but my comment belongs here anyways.

Watching cable news today brought something into clear view once again.

And pardon me for preaching to the choir just a bit.

-----------------------------------------------

Chris Christie . . . how an innocent person handles controversy and a personal attack

[Let's just give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is innocent of all wrongdoing like he claims to be.]

Gets up in front of a public mic and declares he is innocent, free from any wrongdoing, knew nothing, was lied to by others. No emails exist that would show otherwise. Fronts up.

Cleans house: fires two junior staff for their inappropriate acts.

Does a quick one-day whirlwind apology tour with his public.

Being the head guy, takes personal responsibility.

Controversy over. [Theoretically.]

David Miscavige . . . how a guilty person handles controversy and a personal attack

Being the head guy, refuses to get up in front of a mic and make a statement to put the matter to bed.

Hires 20 lawyers to hide behind.

Is willing to burn millions of hard working people's money along the way.

Is willing to stay in the court system for 10 years if that's what it takes.

-----------------------------------------------

How transparent! I can't say more.

I guess the most amazing thing of all for me is that anyone who is still in the COS and supporting DM (and I hate to be so deriding of another :omg: ) must be dumb as rocks after all that's been revealed.

And I feel bad for them.

I'd estimate that 20% are as dumb as rocks because "after all that's been revealed" they know the cult is corrupt as hell and yet they still support it.

And the other 80% are as dumb as rocks because they refuse to look, read or listen.

It's really fascinating WHY & HOW Scientologists explain the reason they don't want to know. I'll re-post something from the Stupid Thread here with the best example I have ever witnessed of a Scientologist's mind short-circuiting right in front of your eyes.

Keep in mind the key phrase: "You know what I do when I read that kind of stuff about Scientology?" The answer to that is quite astonishing. . .

That's the question.

How do the masters of knowing how to know NOT KNOW about their own organization's worldwide crime wave of human rights atrocities, rampant fraud, kidnappings, espionage, imprisonments, lying, terrorism and beatings?

ANSWER: (Go to: 7:15 of video)

[video=youtube;Mzq2I9VveCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzq2I9VveCc[/video]

MIKE WALLACE: "Therefore you commit crimes, going after Paulette Cooper? You forge letters that bring her up on federal charges that she's going to be a bomb thrower? You destroy her name? You indulge in sexual innuendos? A church does that Mr. Fenninger?"

MARIO FENNINGER: "Well, I was not informed about all this."

MIKE WALLACE: "You read!?"

MARIO FENNINGER: "No, I don't."

GO EXEC: "You know what I do when I read that kind of stuff about Scientology? I don't even read it."

MIKE WALLACE: "Why?"

GO EXEC: "Because it doesn't interest me. Let the people who have to handle it handle it. Because, I have too much to do. And I can't be bothered with that kind of stuff."

There's the answer to what a Scientologist does in order to NOT Know-How-To-Know. It's tech and it has four commands:

1) I don't know about it.
2) If I start to read (know) about it, I still don't know about it, because I don't read (know) about it.
3) It's all being handled uplines by ethical OTs who know about it, so I don't need to know about it.
4) Even if I know about it, I can't be bothered with it--because I'm too busy getting wins on my Bridge that made me so able to Know-How-To-Know.

Scientology: It's very dangerous. And it's very stupid. Those two ingredients are the only ones necessary in the recipe for evil.

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Former SA lawyer takes over defense in Scientology case" by Matari Jones...

That´s only journalistic bullbaiting because they didn´t get an interview. So they simply claim that Wallace is the leader of the gang now. It makes up an interesting story to the reader. Now if one of the laywers doesn´t like it and claims a correction, they always can write a follow up:

"How deep someone can sink - Former SA lawyer now only one out of many"

As we have been informed by.....

Lone Star

Crusader
Re: Jan 8th Rathbun Hearing - Texas Media Coverage - Fox25 San Antonio

Guess the folks at Fox25 San Antonio found an angle...

"Former SA lawyer takes over defense in Scientology case" by Matari Jones...

Excerpt:

But they didn't get an interview with him...:lol:

Link: http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/f...fense-scientology-case-945.shtml#.Us9M57SMk7w

JB

I don't believe this story at all.

Wallace didn't defend anything or anyone at this week's hearing. He certainly didn't take over. He sat and took notes all the while not saying one word.

Until there's solid confirmation of this "story" I won't believe he is now lead counsel. At least not until it gets to the Appellate Court.

The Sloth

Patron with Honors
Re: Jan 8th Rathbun Hearing - Texas Media Coverage - Fox25 San Antonio

I don't believe this story at all.

Wallace didn't defend anything or anyone at this week's hearing. He certainly didn't take over. He sat and took notes all the while not saying one word.

Until there's solid confirmation of this "story" I won't believe he is now lead counsel. At least not until it gets to the Appellate Court.

Right. He is on deck for the Anti-Slapp appeal, which may be initiated as soon as tomorrow if The Honorable Waldrip denies the motion and grants Jeffreys further discovery and the deposition of "the pope". Of course they will ask for a stay of discovery until the appeal runs its course, which is just standard dilatory tactics from the Scn litigation playbook.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Any volunteers to deliver his 10 August:eyeroll:?

I'll offer. It is quite obvious Captain Miscavige is running at effect due to his crimes against his SP. So instead of him spending 100's of thousand of dollars a day letting a bunch of incompetent lawyers do his job for him, he needs to buy a case of "Can we ever be friends" CD and go down the New Braunfels court house and pass out those CD's to Mrs Rathbun and her husband, Ray Jeffrey and his team and to Judge Waldrip telling them all that he loves them and that they should all just get along. Yah know..just a gentle slope to get himself back over to recovering his ability to be cause.

After that he can go over the local Catholic church and confess his crime of pretending he is the Pope. I am sure all will be forgiven and he can then continue to move up the bridge to ....uhmm can somebody help me out..where was that bridge supposed to go? :unsure:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Jan 8th Rathbun Hearing - Tomorrow's Ruling, CSI vs RTC/DM, & Wallace's Role?

Right. He is on deck for the Anti-Slapp appeal, which may be initiated as soon as tomorrow if The Honorable Waldrip denies the motion and grants Jeffreys further discovery and the deposition of "the pope". Of course they will ask for a stay of discovery until the appeal runs its course, which is just standard dilatory tactics from the Scn litigation playbook.

I agree with you and many of the posters here that Wallace Jefferson is probably going to handle all of the appellate-level work in this case.

The thing is, though, it was CSI that filed the Anti-SLAPP motion.
It was CSI that was permitted to give their oral argument to Judge Waldrip in the Jan 8th hearing - with Ray Jeffrey (plaintiff's attorney) expected to give his own oral argument at a later date.
The Judge isn't expected to rule on the Anti-SLAPP motion until mid-February - after he's heard oral argument from everyone involved in that Motion.

RTC & David Miscavige didn't join CSI in filing the Anti-SLAPP motion because they're not willing to admit the court has any jurisdiction over them.
Wallace Jefferson notified the Court that he and Rachel Ekery (who used to work under him at the TX Supreme Court) work for RTC & DM - not CSI.

Judge Waldrip issued an Order that said David Miscavige could be deposed by Ray Jeffrey...as long as Ray Jeffrey waited 7 days to allow the Order to be appealed.
No one appealed the Order.
Instead, ANOTHER Motion was filed (oy!) - entitled, "Motion For Clarification And Reconsideration".
This new Motion essentially demands that Judge Waldrip write his Order out in a clearer manner and, once he's done so, that he reconsider his own decision to permit Miscavige's deposition.

Tomorrow, Judge Waldrip is expected to issue his ruling on the Motion For Clarification/Reconsideration.
If that ruling says anything other than...

"oops, my bad. no depo for miscavige - ever! - and i am just loving chapter 4 of dianetics - whee!"

...I think we will all see an immediate appeal filed by Wallace Jefferson.

It will be interesting to see his signature block on the appeal documents.
Does he get to keep the honorific, "Chief Justice (Ret)" or not?

You're right, too, that RTC/Miscavige attorneys will likely demand everything at the trial level cease while their appeal is filed/pending, but I think there's enough wiggle room for Judge Waldrip to permit Ray Jeffrey to obtain a bit more discovery from the CSI and other defendants. I sure hope so.

Tomorrow?
Popcorn.

JB

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Jan 8th Rathbun Hearing - Tomorrow's Ruling, CSI vs RTC/DM, & Wallace's Role?

I agree with you and many of the posters here that Wallace Jefferson is probably going to handle all of the appellate-level work in this case.

The thing is, though, it was CSI that filed the Anti-SLAPP motion.
It was CSI that was permitted to give their oral argument to Judge Waldrip in the Jan 8th hearing - with Ray Jeffrey (plaintiff's attorney) expected to give his own oral argument at a later date.
The Judge isn't expected to rule on the Anti-SLAPP motion until mid-February - after he's heard oral argument from everyone involved in that Motion.

RTC & David Miscavige didn't join CSI in filing the Anti-SLAPP motion because they're not willing to admit the court has any jurisdiction over them.
Wallace Jefferson notified the Court that he and Rachel Ekery (who used to work under him at the TX Supreme Court) work for RTC & DM - not CSI.

Judge Waldrip issued an Order that said David Miscavige could be deposed by Ray Jeffrey...as long as Ray Jeffrey waited 7 days to allow the Order to be appealed.
No one appealed the Order.
Instead, ANOTHER Motion was filed (oy!) - entitled, "Motion For Clarification And Reconsideration".
This new Motion essentially demands that Judge Waldrip write his Order out in a clearer manner and, once he's done so, that he reconsider his own decision to permit Miscavige's deposition.

Tomorrow, Judge Waldrip is expected to issue his ruling on the Motion For Clarification/Reconsideration.
If that ruling says anything other than...

"oops, my bad. no depo for miscavige - ever! - and i am just loving chapter 4 of dianetics - whee!"

...I think we will all see an immediate appeal filed by Wallace Jefferson.

It will be interesting to see his signature block on the appeal documents.
Does he get to keep the honorific, "Chief Justice (Ret)" or not?

You're right, too, that RTC/Miscavige attorneys will likely demand everything at the trial level cease while their appeal is filed/pending, but I think there's enough wiggle room for Judge Waldrip to permit Ray Jeffrey to obtain a bit more discovery from the CSI and other defendants. I sure hope so.

Tomorrow?
Popcorn.

JB

Why has Wallace Jefferson to sign anything ? There are enough other lawyers there.

Ever came across the term "ghostwriter" ?

Wallace is only there to have a lookout for procedural mistakes ("the judge was nose-picking and farting during the hearing...." and such shit) - every judge is doing them - which can be used to obtain an overrule of Waldrips decision.

He even can (secretly) write the appeal and another (CSI)-lawyer will be presenting it under his name, so....

Last edited:

Deeana

Patron with Honors
Waldrip has been on the bench long enough to have handled other complicated cases in the past. I am not familiar with his cases and his track record regarding appeals. But I do know that cases involving insurance companies, product liability, and medical malpractice often involve numerous defendants and numerous attorneys representing said defendants.

Appeals are normal part of the judicial process and hiring an attorney who specializes in appeals to observe proceedings in the courtroom in order to be able to handle any potential appeal(s) is also a normal thing to do.

I too believe the newspaper article got it wrong regarding Wallace Jefferson "taking over the case". It is a piece of sloppy journalism and Fox then picked up on the story as published.

It appears this will be a long, drawn-out case. Let's enjoy the show!

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Why has Wallace Jefferson to sign anything ? There are enough other lawyers there.

Ever came across the term "ghostwriter" ?

Wallace is only there to have a lookout for procedural mistakes ("the judge was nose-picking and farting during the hearing...." and such shit) - every judge is doing them - which can be used to obtain an overrule of Waldrips decision.

He even can (secretly) write the appeal and another (CSI)-lawyer will be presenting it under his name, so....

Uh...okay.

Thanks.

JB

TG1

Angelic Poster
JBWriter,

You just knock me out!

You are paying such good, close attention to this case. Thank you for all your analysis and commentary. It is very, very good.

:clap:

TG1

Lone Star

Crusader
Here's an Editorial in the San Antonio Express-News dated Jan. 2, 2014 that has a short quote from Wallace Jefferson. This has nothing to do with the Rathbun case. It's just a FYI.....

"Former Texas Supreme Court Chief Justice Wallace Jefferson wrote in a 2009 comment published by the Express-News that despite the fact he had been elected twice, a poll showed 86 percent of Texans had never heard of him".

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Texas-needs-new-way-of-picking-judges-5109193.php

And here's the San Antonio Express-News article regarding Wallace's stepping down from the State Supreme Court....

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default...justice-takes-job-in-private-firm-4868025.php

Lone Star

Crusader
I agree. JB is fucking awesome.

Yes I should've been linked up with JB at those hearings in order to be in constant communication with her. I think that would've been invaluable in order for her to share her insight here in real time.

She could've been code name "Lou".

And if I messed up she could've communicated, "YS YS YS", and "YSCOHB", and of course "CSMF". Oh, and "Are you going to BT?"

:lol: