What's new

Lori Hodgson's disconnection story on 'Inside Edition' today..

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Lori Hodgson's disconnection story - Lakeport, CA & Austin, Texas Connection?

Beq7sGcCQAALVJt.jpg:large

Lakeport woman goes national with claims against Scientology | Lake County Record-Bee

By J. W. Burch, IV

The last time Lakeport resident Lori Hodgson saw her son, she was on national television, she said.
CBS Inside Edition aired a segment on Dec. 6 following Hodgson from California to Austin, Texas to pay her son a surprise visit.

According to Hodgson, both of her children have "disconnected" from her because she is considered a "suppressive person" by the Church of Scientology.

Hodgson's son, Jeremy Leake, is 20 and her daughter, Jessica Leake, 23.

Disconnection, according to scientology.org, "is defined as a self-determined decision made by an individual that he is not going to be connected to another. It is a severing of a communication line."

"There is no policy in Scientology that requires church members to disconnect from anyone," the website continues. "Let alone family and friends who simply have different beliefs."

A suppressive person, according to scientology.org, is someone "who is antagonistic to Scientology or its tenets."

Hodgson said each of her children disconnected from her via text message.

Hodgson said that because she is considered a "suppressive person," there have been instances of intimidation by individuals she believes are connected to the church.

"After I had resigned from Scientology, I found Marty Rathbun, a former high-ranking member of the church of Scientology who counsels other ex-members to help them," Hodgson said.

According to Hodgson, the practice of Scientology outside of the church is referred to as "squirreling."

Hodgson said that after her visit with Rathbun she was "harassed and threatened by" a person.

"He approached me and asked Do you enjoy beatings?'" Hodgson said. "He was aware of my whereabouts. You've been doing some squirreling over the weekend.'"

"I immediately reported the incident to the authorities," she continued. "It became rather clear to me that I was being followed."

Hodgson said she has been keeping in contact with the Lakeport Police Department (LPD) because of the intimidation toward her.

In a statement regarding Hodgson's situation, Officer Gary Basor said: "The LPD has been kept apprised of Mrs. Hodgson's situation. She lets us know when she is in town so that we may be vigilant about keeping her and her family safe as we do for all our Lakeport citizens."

Hodgson said the way she can see her children again is if she returns to the church and "does these steps, called A to E."

According to Hodgson, the steps include counseling, apologizing to the church and giving a public announcement that she lied about everything.

But she said she won't admit to something that she didn't do. Instead, she has been telling her story and working to get disconnection abolished.

"I'm doing everything I can and I'll never give up," Hodgson said.

In a statement from the church received by the Record-Bee, Media Relations Executive Assistant Linda Weiland stated: "The Church of Scientology does not debate former members about the circumstances of their departure from the Church, nor about their private family matters. Thus, a spokesperson will not be granting an interview.

"It was evident from the Inside Edition clip that any problems in Ms. Hodgson's family are being generated by her vindictiveness and her efforts to interfere with the lifestyle choices of her adult son and daughter.

"She did not merely leave Scientology, she did so in a way to cause the most disturbance she could to her family and to the Church.

"The issue is not and never was whether Ms. Hodgson left her religion. The issue is that she has become part of a small group of anti-Scientologists who are trying to foment bad press on Scientology through false, embellished and inflated claims and who are using every expedient they can to accomplish this. If her aim was truly reconciliation with her family, ambushing them with a television camera crew in tow is certainly not the way to go about it. Even giving this story to you is an effort to create more trouble.

"Ms. Hodgson's son made it clear in the Inside Edition segment that he is unwilling to communicate with her as long as she is causing so much trouble for the family and that it is totally within her power to change. That is the decision the majority of this family has taken and they should be respected for their integrity."

<snipped>

"I don't want any other parents to go through what I have," Hodgson said.

The Record-Bee attempted to get in contact with Jeremy and Jessica Leake for comment, but as of press time, has not heard back.

J. W. Burch, IV is a staff reporter for Lake County Publishing. Reach him at 263-5636 ext. 39 or at [email protected].

The full article is here:
http://www.record-bee.com/news/ci_24960928/lakeport-woman-goes-national-claims-against-scientology

First and foremost, I'm grateful that J.W. Burch, IV has reported on this story for the Lake County Record-Bee.

The chronology of events and where they took place is a bit confusing to me.

Is this (see below), generally, what happened & where...?

Lori Hodgson lives in/near Lakeport, CA.
At some point in the past, she left California and travelled to Texas (Ingleside?) for one weekend and met w/Mr. Rathbun.
She returned to Lakeport from Texas and was harassed/followed by a Co$ member (<---see edit below) about her having visited Texas (<---which prompted Lori to notify the Lakeport police of this harassment) - and -
both of her children - Jeremy & Jessica - 'disconnected' from Lori via text message.
Time passed.
Lori Hodgson & her mom travelled from California to Austin, Texas with Inside Edition, where the 2 women met (briefly) with Jeremy Leake.
Both women returned to California, and Lori was recently interviewed for the story in the Lake County newspaper, the Record-Bee.
The Co$ response* to Lori Hodgson's version of events as reported by the Record-Bee is bolded above.
*Note that this 'response' does not specifically address the harassment reported to the Lakeport Police Department (LPD).

The statement issued by Co$ via Linda Weiland appears to show a fully comprehensive and thorough understanding of all issues that relate to this one woman's departure from Co$ and that departure's past and current effects on Jeremy & Jessica Leake.

Such complete knowledge begs at least 2 questions: How does Co$ know all of this, and, what infrastructure exists between California and Texas which provides California's Co$ spokesrep with such detailed information?
I think a Judge in Texas would love to know the answer to the 2nd question.

Me?
I'm rooting for Lori Hodgson and hope she is rightfully reunited with her family as soon as possible.

JB

EDIT: After a quick look around ESMB, I see that the man who allegedly harassed Lori Hodgson in California was John Allender. See this ESMB post: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...e-beatings-%92&p=835578&viewfull=1#post835578

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
The very Top Center of the page in the image should read.

Please don't give money to scientology nor turn your back when they are around
They will try to devour you and your family. These are wild animals which have no idea what civilization is.

I feel very strongly about Lori's plight.

Was Allender part of the 'squirrel busters' ?

Don't give up Lori. :arose::bighug: Daily more and more people are joining in to bring the cultic behaviour to an end.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
The very Top Center of the page in the image should read.

Please don't give money to scientology nor turn your back when they are around
They will try to devour you and your family. These are wild animals which have no idea what civilization is.

I feel very strongly about Lori's plight.

Was Allender part of the 'squirrel busters' ?

Don't give up Lori. :arose::bighug: Daily more and more people are joining in to bring the cultic behaviour to an end.

I believe that Allender was involved with the Squirrel Busters. It is odd that the San Jose area is such a stronghold.

She recently told me that her visit to Marty was the reason the Squirrel Busters were formed in the first place.

Anonycat

Crusader
I believe that Allender was involved with the Squirrel Busters. It is odd that the San Jose area is such a stronghold.

She recently told me that her visit to Marty was the reason the Squirrel Busters were formed in the first place.

Yes, that was Allender front and center, stalking with the others. San Jose really isn't a stronghold. It was a really boring place to protest, because no one is there, but the traffic gives lots of honks of approval.

220110702204042001_t607.JPG

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

So did Allender stalk her in her home city too and was it him in her city that threatened her and was it done after she returned home from Marty's Or was the threatening done near her home? This is the guy that is pulling DM into a deposition. I bet DM wished he had not ordered Allender to bust squirrels. If he is not a licensed PI I suspect he could be hauled into a court for stalking.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
So did Allender stalk her in her home city too and was it him in her city that threatened her and was it done after she returned home from Marty's Or was the threatening done near her home? This is the guy that is pulling DM into a deposition. I bet DM wished he had not ordered Allender to bust squirrels. If he is not a licensed PI I suspect he could be hauled into a court for stalking.

After she left the Borg, she went to get Marty for some counseling. This is why the Squirrel Busters, lead by Allender, from the Los Gatos or Steven Creek org, first began their harassment of the Rathbuns. Allender was a trusted OSA volunteer. Have the white hats in Texas thought of getting any of these folks onto the deposition list?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
After she left the Borg, she went to get Marty for some counseling. This is why the Squirrel Busters, lead by Allender, from the Los Gatos or Steven Creek org, first began their harassment of the Rathbuns. Allender was a trusted OSA volunteer. Have the white hats in Texas thought of getting any of these folks onto the deposition list?

Good question. I guess there is a long list of individuals on the potential deposition and subsequent in court witness list. I don't even want to speculate as to who will be called next.

But I will say this. I am quite confident that fiduciary coercion or it's cousin blackmail along with fraud, slander and or libel has been used to steal Lori's children away from her.

My greatest wish is Lori and her kids are back living as a family and that justice will crush the cherch of stalking and harrassment.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Yes, that was Allender front and center, stalking with the others. San Jose really isn't a stronghold. It was a really boring place to protest, because no one is there, but the traffic gives lots of honks of approval.

220110702204042001_t607.JPG

Shouldn't that videocam have been slung under his chin?

It would make him look more like the turkey (with them dangly bits underneath their chins) that he is.

My apologies to the turkey nation.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Shouldn't that videocam have been slung under his chin?

It would make him look more like the turkey (with them dangly bits underneath their chins) that he is.

My apologies to the turkey nation.

Thanks for the apology to the turkey nation.
I doubt **anything** could have made these morons look worse.

Honestly, I remember when we 1st saw them: :wtf: ???? :omg::omg::omg:

Hey "Dave": your knucklehead actions are ALL coming back to haunt you, just as I've been preDICTing:

Tick Tock, Tick Tock: Time is on **our** side! :clap: :scnsucks:

And Lori? Once more: GREAT Job!! :woohoo: :clap: :winner: :bighug:

:flowers2:

Tory/Magoo