What's new

LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals All”

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
A capacity crowd filled the ACME Theatre tonight for the screening of Steven Mango's documentary on his life in Scientology. The video was looooong (2 hrs & 40 mins) and by the time the film ended, most people needed to get home because they work tomorrow or too tired to do a post-film interview.

The film was excellent & Steven is exceptionally well-spoken & came across as very poised & knowledgeable. There were humorous moments throughout the screening with the audience hollering back at the screen when David Miscavige appeared & the 'Orientation" video starring (now ex-Scilon) Larry Anderson was shown. We cheered for Larry; he booed. :biggrin:

It was revealed that it was Steven's husband, Jeff, who saw videos by Karen de la Carriere on the Internet & contacted her to request assistance & intervention with Steven, who was experiencing episodes of PTSD, during & after his departure from the cult.

[video=youtube;vEQOP9-PdiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEQOP9-PdiU[/video]

Update: Because so many people around the world have been asking Steven where they can watch his documentary, he decided to upload it in it's entirety. Thank you, Steven.

[video=youtube;LfKqOUMrCw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKqOUMrCw8[/video]

Last edited:

pkatz

Patron with Honors
Re: LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals

Update: Because so many people around the world have been asking Steven where they can watch his documentary, he decided to upload it in it's entirety. Thank you, Steven.

Steven! I found your MU (Misunderstood word)! Now you can return to course with a new understanding!

re Good Roads/Fair Weather: In this usage Roads has nothing to do with driving. A Roads is a protected place where ships can drop anchor safely. So now you know why your family thought it strange that you were always asking about the traffic situation!

No charge, of course.

Last edited:

guRl

Patron with Honors
Re: LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals

It's an amazing video,
good for you Steve!! :clap:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Awesome job Steven!! This will help victims getting stuck in the trap of Scientology!! Disclosing the truth about the Cult is the effective blow to the Cult of Scientology!! As the truth fills the vacuum one experiences when they leave the cult - it helps!!

PTSD is a side effect of Scientology and when you do something about it - anything - you help yourself heal from the betrayal, lies and deception this Cult $ells!

Thank you Steven and all who helped put this presentation out there! Keep delivering the BLOWS to the Cult of Scientology.

:goodposting::dancer::dancer::dancer::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::hifive::hifive::hifive::giggle::giggle::giggle::party::party::party::sing::sing::sing:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Actually watching his vid/movie atm, and ya know what? Worth the watch thus far, nice peoples, coming off as honest and true, I happen to like 'outspoken', and this is that.

Kudos!

Kk, back to vid... bbl.

Long, but well spoken young feller, good on him for this, and big hugs for posting the full version.

This is the truth, so important to keep your heart and soul real, this did it very well imho.

The potential damage of Purif shite should be better considered by everyone, it is crap. Google some info on what safe times are for a sauna for example, what cult of Lron preaches is supremely stupid, and wrecks yer health in the long run. Seriously, the whole thing is stupid to the ninth degree.

Gah!

Let the truth set you free! :dance2:

'Hey look, I can't afford to be a Scientologist.' No shit eh. :puke: On the part where they are trying to dig into his finances to reg him for the books, goddam, how familiar is this to peoples?

arghhhhh!

I would really be tickled if Steven and his mate come and join the forum here, really I would. :)

Okay, toughed it out and watched. First impression still held, an open and honest introspection from a good people, a great expression, is it worth a movie type thingy?, imho no, but certainly worthy of being realised.
Secondly, I think he did an admirable job of expressing himself with back-up from other sources, albeit snippets, no matter, I have no doubt of his experiences and really feel for him and admire his honesty.
Thirdly, I absolutely love the last 3-4 mins bit, frikken brilliant!

Shine on you crazy diamonds!

Ogs, early in the morning, signing out :woohoo: :spacecraft:

:cheers:

Last edited:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

On Tony’s blog, I foreshadowed the question I would have after watching Steve’s film, and that is: In 2009, when drawn into Scientology, and seeing that it was going to be quite an investment, why would Steve not use the Internet to research Scientology, its history and the background of L. Ron Hubbard?

At first I thought maybe he didn’t have the Internet, but then he mentioned using these casting sites, so it’s pretty much standard for aspiring actors these days to use it I would imagine.

When something like a $20 presentation is announced, the first red flag is, there’s got to be more to it, and so even then a person would look to see what the catch is. After all, acting classes are not cheap. That was kind of a gap in his story for me.

My question was partly answered. He was lured in with the $20 intro and early low-cost courses (of course it soon becomes “entheta” to doubt or look up anything on the Internet), was excited about the contact and possibilities of rubbing shoulders with successful actors and other industry people, and was ambitious and determined, liked the “philosophy”— especially the part about artists being so important to society—and he liked the promises, which is, of course, what Hubbard did best….here to save the planet…best shit in 75 million years….only ones who…all the answers…cure for homosexuality and leukemia…how to feed a baby…chain smoking prevents cancer…elite beings with super powerz.

I thought it was well written and delivered, very compelling, and especially good at portraying the outrageous money grab as well as the experience of an aspiring actor. I imagine this is still one of Scientology's ripest markets.

My first reaction to the regging aspect is that people who are loaded, probably don’t mind it as much, but I know that’s not true. The fact is, they carefully profile a person, and the more money they have, the more they will go after, so it becomes annoying to millionaires like the Luglis, too.

For the people with less money, much more is at stake. As Steve said, you could end up out on the street, or trapped in the Sea Org where they want you. Most wealthy people probably try to keep a few hundred thousand, at least, in reserve, no matter how many millions they are bilked out of.

As Steve expressed so well, they want your last cent and all available credit. But then he goes back for two days?

The end was a little weird too, about it being Miscavige’s fault, and the philosophy being so good (but what about the tone scale?) so I guess he’s still not very well read about Hubbard, since I guess he’s working through his own PTSD problems. Or, maybe he felt that would be the best viewpoint to portray to help people still in.

But, he did a really brave thing and I hope it gets a lot of attention and viewers, especially from aspiring actors. There's got to be some kind of buzz going, for example, when young actors are working as extras. Word has got to get out that Scientology is a trap. He also brought out the gay issues involved.

Note to Steve’s husband: Paul Haggis is so gay-aware because two of his daughters are gay, and one of them experienced harassment for it while at Scientology skool.

Thanks to Smurf for doing that video clip at the scene. I liked hearing that Steve did this, starting out as therapy. He channeled his creative energy into something important, that will make a difference. I found it engaging, and the sauna story was really good too.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Just finished the vid. It's a bit long but incredible job. Steve is very brave. The more people leave the cult the more pressure put on those left in for $$$$ so get out NOW (this is for any lurkers) before you are bankrupt!

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

The potential damage of Purif shite should be better considered by everyone, it is crap. Google some info on what safe times are for a sauna for example, what cult of Lron preaches is supremely stupid, and wrecks yer health in the long run. Seriously, the whole thing is stupid to the ninth degree.

Gah!

Amen. Not to mention the rare, but potentially life-changing (but not in a good way) effects of niacin overdose.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Some great photos & one not so great. (Hint: when you nick yourself with a shaver, apply makeup before walking a red carpet). wetting-pants.gif

1625677_607576122648990_1457707675_n.jpg

http://www.prphotos.com/store/category.cgi?&category=search&query=^events.sql&override_group=1&searchtype=efts&index=misc2&q2=%22Inside%20the%20Scientology%20Celebrity%20Center%3A%20An%20Ex-Parishioner%20Reveals%20All%22%20Los%20Angeles%20Premiere%20-%20Arrivals

AnonKat

Crusader

Some great photos & one not so great. (Hint: when you nick yourself with a shaver, apply makeup before walking a red carpet). View attachment 6599

View attachment 6600

http://www.prphotos.com/store/category.cgi?&category=search&query=^events.sql&override_group=1&searchtype=efts&index=misc2&q2=%22Inside%20the%20Scientology%20Celebrity%20Cen ter%3A%20An%20Ex-Parishioner%20Reveals%20All%22%20Los%20Angeles%20P remiere%20-%20Arrivals

I love you Smurf. you egofag

His husband is The Terminator.

[video=youtube;EKIK5ei_Lhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKIK5ei_Lhg[/video]

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

I love you Smurf. you egofag

His husband is The Terminator.

Ah...geez. Please don't. You'll encourage rich to start comparing their ears. :screwy:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

A capacity crowd filled the ACME Theatre tonight for the screening of Steven Mango's documentary on his life in Scientology. The video was looooong (2 hrs & 40 mins) and by the time the film ended, most people needed to get home because they work tomorrow or too tired to do a post-film interview.

The film was excellent & Steven is exceptionally well-spoken & came across as very poised & knowledgeable. There were humorous moments throughout the screening with the audience hollering back at the screen when David Miscavige appeared & the 'Orientation" video starring (now ex-Scilon) Larry Anderson was shown. We cheered for Larry; he booed. :biggrin:

It was revealed that it was Steven's husband, Jeff, who saw videos by Karen de la Carriere on the Internet & contacted her to request assistance & intervention with Steven, who was experiencing episodes of PTSD, during & after his departure from the cult.

[video=youtube;vEQOP9-PdiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEQOP9-PdiU[/video]

[video=youtube;LfKqOUMrCw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKqOUMrCw8[/video]

Thank you, Garry. This is excellent! So informative!!

What a wonderful companion piece to Roslyn Cohn’s recent one-time-only, one-woman performance, “DiffiCULT to Leave.” Her rendition of her story of being a member of Scientology Celebrity Centers !

[video=youtube_share;wPohnvI3Rqo]http://youtu.be/wPohnvI3Rqo[/video]

So glad Tony Ortega has written about these, helping put them on the media map

http://tonyortega.org/2014/01/20/ta...d-celebrity-centre-tayler-tweed-steven-mango/

http://tonyortega.org/2013/12/16/ex...ne-woman-show-skewering-scientology-complete/

AnonKat

Crusader

David Miscavige and Scientology must be furious right now

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron

David Miscavige and Scientology must be furious right now
Yep! And after listening to part of that interview with the guy in Canada claiming to have left the cult with no repercussions I wonder if we will start hearing from more members who claim to have left and how everything was great when they were in and is just fine now that they are "out" .. Just a hunch that their new PR will not just be folks in the cult saying all is great like they tried with CNN and M&Ms ex wives.. But now people who lie and say they have left. Sooo desperate!

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

On Tony’s blog, I foreshadowed the question I would have after watching Steve’s film, and that is: In 2009, when drawn into Scientology, and seeing that it was going to be quite an investment, why would Steve not use the Internet to research Scientology, its history and the background of L. Ron Hubbard?

As for myself I may look at the internet but I still try whatever I like. I don't really care too much what other people say. Also I believe in myself enough to think that "I would never get sucked in too deeply"

I think "I can stop whenever I want"

This is no different from trying drugs. With drugs you expect some fun or good but also know there is potential danger.

Same with Scientology. When I started I knew successfulscientolgists or knew OF succsessul Scientologists and thought " I will try this for myself and make a decision"

And just like drugs or cigarettes, many people have a good experience at first. But certian people or certain types of people can get sucked in too deeply.
Maybe they have addicitive personalities or they are "Followers" or who knows what.

Also not everyone gets over regged right away. I was never a good target. For a long time they never got much money out of me so even though I hear the rumors, I would have told you it was bullshit...until after about 15 years it started to happen to me. Until then I was always able to get away from the regges. They know who they can shake down.

Videos and information is good but there are many people who only believe their own experience and that is why Scientology will always have some sort of a market.

It was interesting to me when Steven was quoting Hubbard "No group of panty waist dilliatnts ever made anything." "We are in it win or die in the process"

Statements like those are neither good nor bad. If you applied that to World War 2 or starting a business it is is a noble statement. If you apply it to raising money under false pretenses it is bad.

This is why I still like a lot of what Hubbard said. It is all about the content, the application and the situation

AnonKat

Crusader

cute guy

As for myself I may look at the internet but I still try whatever I like. I don't really care too much what other people say. Also I believe in myself enough to think that "I would never get sucked in too deeply"

I think "I can stop whenever I want"

This is no different from trying drugs. With drugs you expect some fun or good but also know there is potential danger.

Same with Scientology. When I started I knew successfulscientolgists or knew OF succsessul Scientologists and thought " I will try this for myself and make a decision"

And just like drugs or cigarettes, many people have a good experience at first. But certian people or certain types of people can get sucked in too deeply.
Maybe they have addicitive personalities or they are "Followers" or who knows what.

Also not everyone gets over regged right away. I was never a good target. For a long time they never got much money out of me so even though I hear the rumors, I would have told you it was bullshit...until after about 15 years it started to happen to me. Until then I was always able to get away from the regges. They know who they can shake down.

Videos and information is good but there are many people who only believe their own experience and that is why Scientology will always have some sort of a market.

It was interesting to me when Steven was quoting Hubbard "No group of panty waist dilliatnts ever made anything." "We are in it win or die in the process"

Statements like those are neither good nor bad. If you applied that to World War 2 or starting a business it is is a noble statement. If you apply it to raising money under false pretenses it is bad.

This is why I still like a lot of what Hubbard said. It is all about the content, the application and the situation

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Smurf, thanks for that. it took a lot of time to watch and it was worth it. I think he's got balls of steel for talking out, and having a good husband to lean on must have helped him so much. I had forgotten how bad it was to have long recruitment and reg cycles, it doesn't harm to be reminded. All that and he's eye candy too, I think he has a promising career ahead.

The cult using the power of a person's career path as a trap then telling them it's just egotistical bullshit makes sense, but only to an ex.

It was good to see Adam talking there too.

For anyone who was pushed off their career path by reges and recruiters here's a Ted Talks Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpe-LKn-4gM