What's new

CNN and Tommy Davis Lies and more Lies.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Oh My GOD!!!

This guy is the biggest fraud, lying mother-******* ***hole!!!

Please, I hope CNN follows up and shows each lie, written out with documented proof.

I can not believe that lying is their strategy for handling this.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Oh My GOD!!!

Please, I hope CNN follows up and shows each lie, written out with documented proof.

And I can't believe you just said that!

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tommy Davis violates the first rule of PR (again and again) - Tell the Truth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSS178Q-4eo

Hey Tommy. I used to preach the same party line when I was in and being attacked. We've all heard this bullshit before. The growth projections are so f...ing old that if $cientology were expanding at the rate you claim, there would be an org on every corner.

Does your mother know your lying like this? :omg: Or have you disconnected from her?

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh My GOD!!!

What's hard to believe, Alanzo?

Lying was always a major CofS strategy as laid down by Hubbo, the master at lying.

I lied about scn when I was in the cult, didn't you? You gloss it over and kid yourself that it is not lying, that it is "an acceptable truth" but deep down you know you are lying for the greatest good.

Nothing new here.

Tommy needs rescuing like all the other duped souls.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
And I can't believe you just said that!

It's so easy to prove wrong, and now you have him on camera lying.

These things he is saying are all worked out before hand. They had a meeting in a room and decided how they were going to handle the subject of Jenna when it came up and then drilled that handling.

So when CNN does a follow up, and person after person gets on camera and says that their family was ruined by disconnection, then they show the clips from Tommy and BOOM - Dead Agent! AND IT'S THEIR OWN TERM!!!

Even Fluffy defends disconnection better than this by saying that it is the right of every individual to associate with whomever you want. And I would add, "I'm sure you know people from your own life where the relationship became so toxic that it was best for both of you to disconnect from each other and go your separate ways....blah blah blah..."

See?

There are so many other alternatives and ways to spin this.

Instead, they choose to lie, on camera, where they can be proven to be lying.

When I was in, I thought they were smarter than this.

But I was in then. So maybe I was dumber and only thought they were smarter than this....

Last edited:

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
There are so many other alternatives and ways to spin this.

Instead, they choose to lie, on camera, where they can be proven to be lying.

When I was in, I thought they were smarter than this.

But I was in then. So maybe I was dumber and only thought they were better than this....

I'm curious and perhaps no one here can answer this. When the strategy is laid down is it always to represent scientology in a holier than though stance?

I always find it odd that if disconnection is a tool in the scientologists arsenal and to KSW you have to employ why deny it?

There is such an implicit admission that obviously this part of scientology is broken that when asked directly about it, it's very existance should be denied.

I don't know what my question is really, maybe more who actually sits down and thinks up these PR campaigns, because they are pretty weak.

DM obviously is the most likely answer, it just seems so odd.

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Now there's a PR video they can use broadly, even internally! Just imagine what a soothing effect this could have on the inmates of the SP Room, for instance -- hearing the straight scoop from the spokesperson of the Church!

everfree

Patron Meritorious
There are some definite PR trends recently.

Karin Pouw also said recently that there isn't such a thing as disconnection.

Sylvia Stanard recently publicly denied the Xenu (OT III) story.

Here Tommy does both, even laughs at the idea of alien parasites. In his case he might not actually know about OT III, but he has to know that disconnection exists and does indeed get applied within families.

So, it appears OSA's orders are
1. Deny Xenu and related space opera
2. Deny disconnection
3. State that CofS believes family is a building block

Except we know that they're lying and can easily prove it. As Alanzo said, heck, the church shows us the way, it's called Dead Agenting.

nowout

Patron with Honors
Now there's a PR video they can use broadly, even internally! Just imagine what a soothing effect this could have on the inmates of the SP Room, for instance -- hearing the straight scoop from the spokesperson of the Church!

LBV, at the Int Base they used to show these so called "theta" film clips to inform staff what was happening in "the world". You think Tommy will be shown to all the inmates? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Little Bear Victor

I'm curious and perhaps no one here can answer this. When the strategy is laid down is it always to represent scientology in a holier than though stance?

I always find it odd that if disconnection is a tool in the scientologists arsenal and to KSW you have to employ why deny it?

There is such an implicit admission that obviously this part of scientology is broken that when asked directly about it, it's very existance should be denied.

I don't know what my question is really, maybe more who actually sits down and thinks up these PR campaigns, because they are pretty weak.

DM obviously is the most likely answer, it just seems so odd.

I know what you mean. It backfires even on any Scientologist who sees it. I don't really totally get it either, despite having been fully educated into the Scientology way of thinking.

It would seem, if one were to think of it logically, that it would be way better to say, "Yes, there is such a policy, but..." and then go ahead and try to explain, in a PR manner what it is supposedly meant to be used for.

I'm trying to think what PR policy "denying anything negative" is based on, but I can't remember one. I know you are supposed to not-answer the question and get off the subject as fast as possible, but to deny something that even every Scientologist knows to be true -- I don't know. I guess this is in the realm of TR-L, telling a lie convincingly. Certainly isn't part of your ordinary PR pack, so this must be "advanced" LRH PR policy.

Which gave me a good propaganda campaign idea: Black label warnings on Scientology "advanced" materials (Whether it be tech, admin or ethics policy):

"Warning -- Study and application of this material has been proven by 60 years of empirical testing to cause delusions, disconnection from reality and incapability to think logically."

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
An important missing question

What John should have asked:

Mr. Davis, it seems that you're relatively new in your job. Would you mind telling us how you were chosen to be Spokesclam du Jour?

Davis: Blablablabla

Thank you for that. Mr. Mike Rinder used to serve as official 'Church' spokesclam. Could you tell us what he's up to now? Is he OK?

Zinj

Sharone Stainforth

This is the second time i have heard spokes persons form the "church" of Scientology say "Family is the building blocks of" - 6year old children hauling rocks. Children hardly ever getting to see their parents - this life time.

Things get really twisted on the internet, not one ex scientologist knows what they are talking about - did none of them ever go inside of a Scientology "church"? You have to have been a Scientologist to be an ex Tommy.

Most Scientologists are 1st generation, yes because most second and third generation have already left.

I can't wait to see the next spokes person for Scientology.

Three cheers for Anonymous, Hip Hip Hooray !!!!!

OHTEEATE

Uproar

The video showing anonymous protests is worth tens of millions of dollars in free advertising. CNN has basically called the CofS out, and they lied their ass off. Their boat is having it's blue asbestos lining scraped. Their numbers are dwindling. The scam is almost over. Does anyone have actual knowledge of any Org except FLAG with decent stats in Normal or above? I think FSO looks dead to me, whenever I go by.

Good twin

Floater

Mr. Davis, it seems that you're relatively new in your job. Would you mind telling us how you were chosen to be Spokesclam du Jour?

Thank you for that. Mr. Mike Rinder used to serve as official 'Church' spokesclam. Could you tell us what he's up to now? Is he OK?

Zinj

OMG. Zinj- this is why I love you.:thumbsup:

Tanstaafl

Crusader

Zinj

Maybe the interviewers pussyfoot around with him because they don't want to make Tommy angry; they wouldn't like him when he's angry. (there's a joke in there somewhere) :)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
OMG. Zinj- this is why I love you.:thumbsup:

Goodtwin. I'm concerned about your feelings for Zinj.

First of all, Zinj is not a Scientologist.

Second, have you read his Religious Freedom Watch page? Definitely not someone to take home to Mother.

Good twin

Floater
Goodtwin. I'm concerned about your feelings for Zinj.

First of all, Zinj is not a Scientologist.

Second, have you read his Religious Freedom Watch page? Definitely not someone to take home to Mother.

Mom's been dead for years, Alonzo. Besides, I'll grow tired of him before anything really happens. I am extremely fickle.:yes:

Good twin

Floater
hmmm...Alonzo must really care about me. He was so concerned about my fascination with Zinj.....:eyeroll: Maybe he loves me.......