What's new

REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base near LA

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Depends what the definition of "guard" is

It seems to me the sentence "I was hired to guard Shelly" could be taken in two ways:

Was he hired to "guard" her against harm?

Or was he hired to "guard" her from escaping?

The Co$ of course, would claim it was the first.

No doubt he's been threatened about talking any more about the issue, so we likely won't be hearing anything else.

"move along, nothing to see here" Business as usual.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Depends what the definition of "guard" is

It seems to me the sentence "I was hired to guard Shelly" could be taken in two ways:

The Co$ of course, would claim it was the first.

No doubt he's been threatened about talking any more about the issue, so we likely won't be hearing anything else.

"move along, nothing to see here" Business as usual.

Yeah, like Sylvia Stanard saying "We don't do that any more"
When what she was really saying was "We don't do that any more than we did"

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

There's kind of a third way, in that they were guarding her against anyone talking to her, be it journalist, friend, Leah Remini, ex-member or curious current member. She is a link that could cause Miscavige to have to be removed or flee, or perhaps the cult giving up its non-profit status.

At a very minimum, now most cult members are able to pretend she doesn't exist but one journalist getting her story would be enough to cause a big problem, especially if she endured something illegal like being tied up, drugged or held against her will. No matter how mind-f'd she is on LRH, she can't be happy about Miscavige replacing her with Lou.

Re: REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base nea

scientology_cabins_unfenced_1.jpg

I think this is the "cabin" where the Goon Squad was billeted. It is more or less across the (small) road from the main entrance where a little information/welcome station, aka the "guard shack" is. Remember, this place used to be a for-profit Mountain Retreat Resort and Conference Center before Scientology got ahold of it. It's all on the CST owned property, and just above the public, paved highway (Rim of the World Highway is the main drag up the Mountains to the towns of Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead.)

See Pope's website for more pics and vids of the place. Everybody should know about it. Knowledge is power! :thumbsup:

Some views of the CST Cult Compound to help you place it:

RimforestMap3a.jpg

article-2489172-193D262600000578-927_964x637.jpg

this-aerial-view-has-notations-by-angry-gay-pope-the-official-address-of-the-compound-is-25406-state-highway-189-twin-peaks-ca-92391.jpg

Here's the little "guard shack", where the lady was working in Pope's video of the Cult compound in Twin Peaks:
scientology_twin_peaks_abandoned_guard_shack_3.jpg

If you look in the lower right hand side of the image above this one, you will see some cabins just across a small road and down a bit from this "guard house". They are identified as "Unfenced Cult Owned Cabins". I think that's where this rent-a-thug Scientology Security team was living.

If you go to Pope's website, I think you can take a "virtual tour" by clicking the mouse on the highlighted images, and you can watch the vids. :thumbsup:

See for yourself at: http://angrygaypope.com/twin_peaks/index.html

You might want to consider sending Pope a small donation via his website to thank him for his work in providing these views to the world, and to encourage him in his activism against the abuses of Cult of Scientology. :)

A documentary crew from Europe went up there to shoot some footage, and here's Pope's youtube vids of this:

http://youtu.be/NJQb4K7jo_Y

http://youtu.be/ynsykxdPES4

What I'm wondering is...is this guy, MacClean...in some of this footage? Anybody spot him?

And where is that European Documentary?

Anybody? :biggrin:

I just want Shelly to know that she has friends and allies out here in the real world willing to help her, if and when she chooses to leave the Cult Compound. Some of them are Non-Scientologists, some of the are Independent Scientologists, and some of them are Ex-Scientologists, but we all care about her and her well-being. We won't forget about her.

For anyone else wishing to leave the Cult of Scientology and needing to speak privately with someone who can help, here are two contacts for you as resources for help and information:

Chuck Beatty offers: In USA or Canada Call toll free 1-866-XSEAORG, that's 1 866-973-2674 This is a good number to call to hook up with old friends or find a place to stay if you're just out.

In UK (London) call 0208 864 4940. Here's the website you can look at: https://sites.google.com/site/xseaorg/

Tory "Magoo" Christman (you can watch her vids on youtube) You can listen to her on her youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToryMagoo44

Or visit her website with her blog: http://www.torymagoo.org/

You can email her at: [email protected]

Both of these two individuals are members here, and can connect with a widespread network of helpful friends who wish you well, and may be able to offer you all kinds of practical help as you exit the Cult.

And anyone in need living in San Bernardino County (home of CST Twin Peaks) or Riverside County (home of INT Base) can just dial 211 for help and information about public resources that are available to them. Anybody! http://www.211sb.org/

Last edited:

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base nea

I just don't understand - HOW IS NO ONE IN JAIL OVER THIS? What kind of world do we live in? And where is the police report/evidence filed after Leah Remini's missing persons claim? How was that eventually resolved, and to whose satisfaction? Did they really actually speak to Shelley, or just take Miscavige's word for it - and if they did speak to her, how would they know it was really Shelley - only someone who knew her would know her voice. Did they take her fingerprints? Look at her living conditions? If she seemed unwell, did they offer her medical treatment? What psychological state was she in when they "found" her?

It may not happen tomorrow or the day after, but things are definitely falling apart and there will be answers soon. I think we are going to be shocked, even more than now, about what will eventually come to light....

I hate to think morbidly, but I don't understand why Shelley wasn't on a talk show or didn't release a statement of her own after Leah Remini's claim. That's what would have happened when Mike and Marty ran things.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

The way it is -- the way it has to be -- is that someone makes a complaint, the police investigate, and they ask, are you being detained here against your will? If the answer is no, that ends it.

I wouldn't put it past the cult to send in a fake cop to ask that question, and if the detainee says yes, then they are "handled". Eventually, the detainee learns to always say no. ( <-- Speculation.)

Helena

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Yeah, like Sylvia Stanard saying "We don't do that any more"
When what she was really saying was "We don't do that any more than we did"

Arnie, my fine man, you might have missed slightly on when the cult says
" We don't do that any more "

the correct follow up is

" yeah, but you do it any less" ?

They are slippery little snakes.

I sometimes wonder if a person really deeply believes with all the heart and soul what they say, are they really lying although what they say flies in the face of any even remotely sane reality ?

( and therein lies the true danger and harm inherit in any cult )

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate

Do you remember the 'Get out of Jail Free' cards of yesteryear? It might be time to devise a simple, practical message that would be of value to the cult victims. This could be laser-printed onto sheets of paper, cut into small strips. Released from the right point, on a windy day, you'd be surprised just how pervasive ten thousand small strips of paper can be.

Anybody going hiking?

And, Brits: there's public footpaths all around Stain Hill Manor. Just sayin'...