What's new

trepidatious

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Something I always wondered about, I got in in 1987,

was the re-issues of KSW, it says so on the KSW PL. So could that be a part of it, reissuing KSW. I don't know?

As cowboy pointed out up-thread,
You see, tech makes sense. It's logical. However it doesn't prove out. Doing everything Hubbard said doesn't deliver the promised results. So any new tech that others were writing in his name was based on flawed principals and thus it didn't produce results either. There were good and bad bulletin writers. Mayo was awesome. Wonderful, well intentioned man. Soothing. Tech might not work, but just his calmness, his listening, his sympathy alone was enough to help Hubbard through some of his worse times.

Hubbard knew there were no clears, or OTs, not in the sense of the word he promoted.

Hubbard knew the tech didn't work. He could not afford to have people openly commenting that "the Emperor had no clothes". Therefore he had to ensure that such talk was not allowed, and any lack of product was blamed on the auditor and C/S, and not on his tech.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
why LRH no wrote any books after 1965, just policy letters and HCOB's

Considering how often individual HCOBs and PLs got revised, and revisions on the revisions, any book would have been re-issued on a weekly basis.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
:biggrin:

I've written about the following a bit before on ESMB.

I got into Scn in a time, place and situation wherein I was able to chat about El Ron, the "Tech" and the Early Days with "Old Timers"...Julia Salmon, Verne Townsend, Don Breeding to name a few. Very early on I knew that the "Tech had been worked out backwards" and through conversations with "Old Timers", the fact that I was a voracious and curious reader, and naively/honestly thought I needed to understand the "Old Days" to fully Grok Scn and "OT", I began a private personal "quest" to know and understand just how all "This" happened and, as best I could, to understand and appreciate what it was like for El Ron to walk in the magic "Boots in the Sky" and how Hisself found "Them".

Over my years on the Apollo and personal interaction with El Ron I realized that Hisself did not act like and was NOT the "OT" I had envisioned, read about in Hisself's works and heard stories about from others. But, for some reason, I kept thinking that there was, or some day would be, "Pie in the Sky". As I look back on it now, what reaffirmed and reinforced Scn to me during those years was my respect, interaction and adoration of many--but not all--of my fellow Crew/Scns, the here and there "Wins" I'd had and my personal desire to "be a better person", help others be "happier" and be part of the foundation for something "Good" that would "Change the World".

face:)

I think that's what kept most of us going: the idealistic self-delusion that our efforts would contribute to making the world a better place.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
FIFY

I think that's what kept most of us going: the idealistic induced self-delusion that our efforts through a grade AAAA+ emment swiss cheese plumped up with arsenic waiting in the scientology mouse trap would contribute to making the world a better place.

In reality we were mad as hatters. (speaking only for myself of course) :biggrin:

This post is so well said and ALL sooo true.:yes:

Re: Messengers...

It wasn't just the Messengers that fell under the spell of Hisself's persona. On the Apollo Pers Staff, CommodeDoors Staff Aides, HU, etc. were The Master's "working dogs". The Messengers, over time, rose to the top of the food chain and became the "purest of the pure' but, on the Apollo, there were other coveted positions in the pecking order amongst the "working dogs".

The "Rise" of the Messengers was an "Evolutionary" process that El Ron's "Divine Hand" orchestrated over a period of years, from "sleeve dogs", to "lap dogs" to, eventually, "working dogs".

El Ron played the "Inner Circle" like a fiddle...Hisself would make a certain "offhand" comment to a selected supplicant that was calculated to "get back to" or "send a message"--positive or negative--to Folks that were anywhere from the highest of the high to the lowest of the low.

Over the years, I watched this evolution rise to the point that if the Messengers "liked you" or, even better, if the right Messenger "liked you" they could "Make You". Conversely, if they, and especially the "right one", disliked you, you were toast.

In the early days of the Apollo, Mary Sue occupied the ultimate "seat at the Emperors table", in the latter Apollo days the scales were steadily tipping towards the Messengers and, after "Snow White" blew up, the Messengers were the only ones allowed in the dining hall.

Face:)

WOW!!!

what?

i'm supposed to resist saying WOW!! to a post like this?

As cowboy pointed out up-thread,

Hubbard knew the tech didn't work. He could not afford to have people openly commenting that "the Emperor had no clothes". Therefore he had to ensure that such talk was not allowed, and any lack of product was blamed on the auditor and C/S, and not on his tech.

??????????????

"tech didn't work"?

????????????

(this isn't a post; it's a question)

laugh all you like AC

laugh until you wet your pants...

the results are in the record book

IT"S IN THE RECORD BOOK!!!!!!!

you may say i did not move the mountain

but you can not say the mountain didn't move

it's in the record book...

(this is not a post either; it just clarifies a legal and lawful post before my he-ate-us commenced)

Exactly, the "tech" didn´t (and doesn´t) work.

How to proof this ?
That´s easy: You only have to stand in front of a mirror and have a critical look at yourself.

in front of the mirror i betray excessive corpulence...

and since i'm briefly not posting in this thread because i hit a very HOT button speaking of brodie's wing whereas if dianetics can save the career of a star NFL QB it might be difficult to tos dianetics on the trash heap of history even though l ron hbbard actually dd put 4 year old derrick greene in the chain locker for to days...

i cannot hit the reply with quote and say

NO!!!

of course the tech does NOT work

and a ball pen hammuh do NOT work too...

but by the living god that made me a gypsy tinknocker works and might swing a ball peen hammuh in a walmart parking lot and in ten minutes straihten out your dented fender for a double sawbuck...

a ball peen hammer is a TOOL!!!

the tech is a TOOL!!!

and i be toolin'!!!

at least i would be toolin' if i were posting which i'm NOT!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
in front of the mirror i betray excessive corpulence...

and since i'm briefly not posting in this thread because i hit a very HOT button speaking of brodie's wing whereas if dianetics can save the career of a star NFL QB it might be difficult to tos dianetics on the trash heap of history even though l ron hbbard actually dd put 4 year old derrick greene in the chain locker for to days...

i cannot hit the reply with quote and say

NO!!!

of course the tech does NOT work

and a ball pen hammuh do NOT work too...

but by the living god that made me a gypsy tinknocker works and might swing a ball peen hammuh in a walmart parking lot and in ten minutes straihten out your dented fender for a double sawbuck...

a ball peen hammer is a TOOL!!!

the tech is a TOOL!!!

and i be toolin'!!!

at least i would be toolin' if i were posting which i'm NOT!

Please go and derail some other thread. This one is too important.

but surely is a great thread, look at this:

as of this moment:

1,695 posts

more than 100 views per page!!!

(reporting the stats doesn't count as a post. also not a derail)

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
warning-640x360.png

Thread Hijacking In Progress

. . . .
. . . .
. . . .

Initiate "Ignore List" Malware Tool Immediately

Resume Original Topic