What's new

Know where I can find Hubbard's Class VIII lecture?

Joseph

Patron
Anyone know where I can find L ron Hubbard's CLASS VIII lectures?

Im looking for the whole lecture, the audio or transcript.

This is the lecture in which he says "there was no christ".

dr3k

Patron with Honors
Depending on the version of the lecture (pre/post APOLLO), you may also hear that Christ was a lover of young boys and men.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Depending on the version of the lecture (pre/post APOLLO), you may also hear that Christ was a lover of young boys and men.

You're confused.

That's the Fishman Affidavit version, which isn't particularly credible, however closely it resembles what Ron might have actually thought.

Zinj

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
You're confused.

That's the Fishman Affidavit version, which isn't particularly credible, however closely it resembles what Ron might have actually thought.

Zinj

"Jesus was a lover of boy's!" was alluded to on the original Class VIII Course - it most likely has been edited out.

On a later tape LRH also stated "there was no Christ."

I was on that course.

Div6

Crusader
http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology/christian.htm

"Somebody somewhere on this planet, back about 600 BC found some pieces of R6. And I don't know how they found it, either by watching madmen or something, but since that time they have used it and it became what is known as Christianity. (draws on a cigarette) The man on the cross. There was no Christ. But the man on the cross is shown as Everyman. So of course each person seeing a crucified man, has an immediate feeling of sympathy for this man. Therefore you get many PCs who says they are Christ. Now, there's two reasons for that, one is the Roman Empire was prone to crucify people, so a person can have been crucified, but in R6 he is shown as crucified." The Class VIII [Auditor's] Course, Lecture 10: "Krakatoa and Beyond", Oct 3, 1968, aboard the Apollo.

Joseph

Patron

"Somebody somewhere on this planet, back about 600 BC found some pieces of R6. And I don't know how they found it, either by watching madmen or something, but since that time they have used it and it became what is known as Christianity. (draws on a cigarette) The man on the cross. There was no Christ. But the man on the cross is shown as Everyman. So of course each person seeing a crucified man, has an immediate feeling of sympathy for this man. Therefore you get many PCs who says they are Christ. Now, there's two reasons for that, one is the Roman Empire was prone to crucify people, so a person can have been crucified, but in R6 he is shown as crucified." The Class VIII [Auditor's] Course, Lecture 10: "Krakatoa and Beyond", Oct 3, 1968, aboard the Apollo.

Yes that's the one, do you have it in full?

Joseph

Patron

You're confused.

Zinj

How did you find out about that? If you have a transcript of the Fiserhman version of the lecture or any other version please send it to me.

Joseph

Patron
Come on guys, I need to know what else he says on that lecture, I want to read or listen to the whole thing - anyone know where I cant find it?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You can find it in an AO in the Class VIII course room, Joseph. Knock off trying to get someone to direct you to an illegal copy of it.

Paul

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron

I hate to spoil a good story with the introduction of facts, I was at those original lectures, Hubbard did not smoke when he lectured. As for the rest of the post, there is nothing I wish to comment on.

DS

A. There is conflicting historical evidence of any actual person who may have been the bibilical Jesus. Curiously, his brother James is much better attested.

B. Jesus would have been referred to as messiah, not christ by his MOST devout followers. This term means "annointed" and represented either "kingship","priestship", or status as a "prophet". It did not denote divine status. That would have been regarded by ALL jews as blasphemous.

C. The term christ is a greek term with a similar meaning to messiah. It was used L:ATER in persuading gentile converts. Jesus did NOT preach to gentiles, ONLY to jews.

D. The subsequent extension of a divine meaning to the word christ & also the nature of Jesus was a MUCH LATER development among the non-jewish members of the christian church. Such conceptions were common in the dominant greco-roman culture although completely alien to judaism.

E. Jesus was crucified for treason as a political threat to the roman state. Crucifixion was the standard form of execution reserved for criminals & subject non-citizens guilty of crimes against the roman state. Jesus qualified as both a criminal & a subject non-citizen.

Thus the tapes comments that "there was no christ" are not unhistoric or lacking in truth. The pedophilia crap was pulled out of someone's @ss, possibly Hubbard, quite possibly someone else's, Fishman, etc..

Mark A. Baker
Senatus Populusque Romanus

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
A. There is conflicting historical evidence of any actual person who may have been the bibilical Jesus. Curiously, his brother James is much better attested.

B. Jesus would have been referred to as messiah, not christ by his MOST devout followers. This term means "annointed" and represented either "kingship","priestship", or status as a "prophet". It did not denote divine status. That would have been regarded by ALL jews as blasphemous.

C. The term christ is a greek term with a similar meaning to messiah. It was used L:ATER in persuading gentile converts. Jesus did NOT preach to gentiles, ONLY to jews.

D. The subsequent extension of a divine meaning to the word christ & also the nature of Jesus was a MUCH LATER development among the non-jewish members of the christian church. Such conceptions were common in the dominant greco-roman culture although completely alien to judaism.

E. Jesus was crucified for treason as a political threat to the roman state. Crucifixion was the standard form of execution reserved for criminals & subject non-citizens guilty of crimes against the roman state. Jesus qualified as both a criminal & a subject non-citizen.

Thus the tapes comments that "there was no christ" are not unhistoric or lacking in truth. The pedophilia crap was pulled out of someone's @ss, possibly Hubbard, quite possibly someone else's, Fishman, etc..

Mark A. Baker

A friend of mine, Laurence Gardner, has written extensively on this theme. I wonder if you might have read any of his books.

DS

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
During the Class VIII Course, LRH would target certain individuals.....as there were several former Jesus Christs in the audience.....and some of them had a homosexual propensity........the lecture may have been more aimed at them.....:confused2:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
During the Class VIII Course, LRH would target certain individuals.....as there were several former Jesus Christs in the audience.....and some had a homosexual peruasion........the lecture may have been more aimed at them.....:confused2:

Phonies! :grouch:
I'm the only genuine article.
You can tell because I always use my middle initial - "H.". :yes:

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mark A. Baker

Are you familiar with the pilots descriptions of the early christian years, (which he claimed to have been involved with)?

alex