What's new

Hello, new to the Ex Scien Msg Board. I'll go by Leland

Leland

Crusader
Music is one of the great joys of life!

I do like Johnny Cash! I thought that Vid link was his wife, June Carter Cash.....I believe her name is.

I've been listening to Rage Against The Machine..... The one with the pic of a Monk self emmolating on the cover.....(at extreme high volume.)

to quote them... "When ignorance reigns, life is lost". Just a spectacular musical event IMO .

I was listening to some Italian Opera.....Blondie. (love Debbie Harry!)......and some Beatles yesterday.

AnonKat

Crusader
We Cash fans are a tribe, If you want to know how to post a video just ask.

Basicly you take the URL from the vid and you click on the image of celliod film above the comment box to paste it in.

No problem if you need help. ESMB is the opposite of being in scientology, we care

I do like Johnny Cash! I thought that Vid link was his wife, June Carter Cash.....I believe her name is.

I've been listening to Rage Against The Machine..... The one with the pic of a Monk self emmolating on the cover.....(at extreme high volume.)

to quote them... "When ignorance reigns, life is lost". Just a spectacular musical event IMO .

I was listening to some Italian Opera.....Blondie. (love Debbie Harry!)......and some Beatles yesterday.

AnonKat

Crusader
On another note sounds you have fun, good for you.

Leland

Crusader
Yes, like to have fun. Not to make you jealous, but was out record shopping last month and picked up an early Johnny Cash album on the Sun Lable!!!

Listening to some 2PAC now, (entitled "Thug"). with Snoop Dog also singing.
"nothin but a gangster rap". West Coooast!

IMO , Scien Staff still in "got punked".....to state it in a rather vulgar manner.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you wish to deprogram/destimulate, the best way is to listen to some of LRH's music or watch battlefield earth (lower case deliberate. Film does not warrant capitols).

Rest and take frequent breaks if watching battlefield earth.

AnonKat

Crusader
You're a piece of work Anonkat!

I realize I use quite a few American idiomatic expressions, slang and lingo when I post. And that might cause some confusion. But that's just the way I am.

[video=youtube;aLAxbQxyJSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLAxbQxyJSQ[/video]

Leland

Crusader
And for a third time.... I am Not clicking on video links, I am on a cell phone and have used my monthly data allotment.

Do like Marlena Deitrick...... She was so lucky to get out of Nazi Germany when she did.

kate8024

-deleted-
the best way is to listen to some of LRH's music

Thank You For Listening is the best song ever. I don't know how it didn't win a Grammy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZd7MzF1RlA

I wonder how anyone thought this song (or any of the other songs on the album) was a good idea...

edit: I tried to post it with just a link to the video without embedding it since OP is on a phone but it doesn't seem to want to let me do that.

Leland

Crusader
Hi, Don't mind the links, embedded or not. AnonKat just kept trying to comm to me via videos, after I told him twice I wasn't clicking on them and was on a cell phone. Just didn't make sense......no big deal.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
You'll find there are various peak times for posting. Morning and right after work East and West Coast times, then the same for Australian times. The Euros post early morning East Coast time, and then mid morning our time. There is a gap in posting from about 1:00 AM EST to 9 or 9:30 AM EST.

Weekends are usually lull times.

Yes, I am a business intelligence analyst, why do you ask? :biggrin:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks udarnik.
I'm impressed with your career description.
Why Lenin on your handle pick?

The avatar is a pic of a Soviet badge called a znachok. These kinds of pins were issued to show membership in various organizations, and also issued along with commendations in those organizations. The main civilian commendation was "Udarnik" or "shock-worker" ("udar" means "shock" or "to strike" in Russian). It meant someone who far overfilled their quota for a specific time period.

I was a member of Komsomol, the Communist Union of Youth, one summer. I worked in a Komsomol Sudent Worker's Unit (Stroi Otryad) in Moscow in the summers of 1989 and 1990. I was awarded the rank of "Udarnik" in 1989, and the avatar is a picture of my particular znachok.

Leland

Crusader
Interesting

I thought Russia did a great job hosting the recent Olympic Games . I had hopes that the opening ceremonies did provide some healing for Russians in general. I was pissed that NBC couldn't stop commenting about the snowflake over and over. It was a minor thing considering the extravaganza of the opening ceremonies.
Yulia was a sensation despite not standing up to the hype. She'll be back for sure in 4 years. Glad to see Putin out enjoying the games.....

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just a brief history. I started Scien in 1972, at age 17 in Wash. D.C. at FCDC. I really came to FCDC after I had bought the Diantics book used at a thrift shop and read it. Upon reaching the address and reading the brass plaque beside the door which read " Church of Scientology " I hesitated as I was pretty anti organized religion, but in I went. I really wanted to get and try some dianetic auditing. I was regged by Abby Bregman. and bought the Student Hat. Soon after I bought 200 hours of auditing and went clear during that auditing stating so, and finishing Grade 4. Dianetic Clear had not been released yet, so was 't allowed to declare. I left FCDC shortly there after after a Tech Estimate for 200 hours of ExDn. Bill Franks was the CO. Jeanne Franks was there. Abby (already mentioned) was there, she and I had a 2D......funny story on how that got started. I believe she is a top reg at Flag now.

I'll speed this up.

San Francisco Org..... Comm Course
Miami Org ... Exp Grade 4 & Clear Attest. Clear # around 700 or 800 something.
16th St. Mission D.C. Purif
FCDC .....Solo part one
AOLA......1983 ......OTI thru OTIII
AOLA......1987...Some OTIV auditing
AOLA.....Pro Trs with clay table auditing
Audited a bit of clay table on CC LA public
ASHO.... SHSBC.....3 1/2 years Levels A thru mid O.
about 2000 hours of Student Auditing delivered.

Left the C of S approx. 2001.

I grew up traveling the world, having gone around the globe about 2 1/2 times before finishing High School. I have lived in Virginia, Japan, Italy, Thailand, Spain, Trenton NJ, San Fran, Miami, D.C., LA..........anyway now reside in FL.

I had always been an "illegal PC" due to my Father's work.

All the best

Leland

A very warm welcome to you Leland. Good to have you here.

Cheers Markus

Leland

Crusader
Hey AnonKat thanks for the vid link but can't watch an hour video on my cell phone.

Listening to some classic Eric Burdon and a few other greats.....Supreems and the Marvelettes.:yes:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just a brief history. I started Scien in 1972, at age 17 in Wash. D.C. at FCDC. I really came to FCDC after I had bought the Diantics book used at a thrift shop and read it. Upon reaching the address and reading the brass plaque beside the door which read " Church of Scientology " I hesitated as I was pretty anti organized religion, but in I went. I really wanted to get and try some dianetic auditing. I was regged by Abby Bregman. and bought the Student Hat. Soon after I bought 200 hours of auditing and went clear during that auditing stating so, and finishing Grade 4. Dianetic Clear had not been released yet, so was 't allowed to declare. I left FCDC shortly there after after a Tech Estimate for 200 hours of ExDn. Bill Franks was the CO. Jeanne Franks was there. Abby (already mentioned) was there, she and I had a 2D......funny story on how that got started. I believe she is a top reg at Flag now.

I'll speed this up.

San Francisco Org..... Comm Course
Miami Org ... Exp Grade 4 & Clear Attest. Clear # around 700 or 800 something.
16th St. Mission D.C. Purif
FCDC .....Solo part one
AOLA......1983 ......OTI thru OTIII
AOLA......1987...Some OTIV auditing
AOLA.....Pro Trs with clay table auditing
Audited a bit of clay table on CC LA public
ASHO.... SHSBC.....3 1/2 years Levels A thru mid O.
about 2000 hours of Student Auditing delivered.

Left the C of S approx. 2001.

I grew up traveling the world, having gone around the globe about 2 1/2 times before finishing High School. I have lived in Virginia, Japan, Italy, Thailand, Spain, Trenton NJ, San Fran, Miami, D.C., LA..........anyway now reside in FL.

I had always been an "illegal PC" due to my Father's work.

All the best

Leland

Welcome Leland,

We were on our OT levels @ the same time in '83 - AOLA.

Remember our OT 3 sup Harold Simms? He's been dead for many years now but was a riot.

I remember reading the LRH handwritten materials for OT3 and I was like WTF? is this?

I looked up at Harold in the course room and he came over and asked, "Have you been using your dictionary?" "No", was my answer. So he says very loudly and with antagonism in his voice so everyone else in the courseroom would hear, "Well why don't you look up your fucking words?"

Well that shut me up!

Couple days later, fresh meat arrived in the form of a very demure little lady.....

Yup, about 45 minutes after roll call, I heard Harold screaming at her to stop pestering him and look up her fucking words!

Then he walked past me and winked!

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
Hey AnonKat thanks for the vid link but can't watch an hour video on my cell phone.

Listening to some classic Eric Burdon and a few other greats.....Supreems and the Marvelettes.:yes:

Understood(that means Ack). Here is a 2:48 video from well known exes:
[video=youtube;gNFMnieVEk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNFMnieVEk4[/video]