What's new

TEXAS JUDGE DENIES SCIENTOLOGY’S ‘ANTI-SLAPP’ MOTION IN RATHBUN SUIT

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Dream on, HH.

I think Duggan is Miscavige's bitch.

Yeah, but--

So was Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder and Leah Remini and Jason Beghe and Larry Anderson and Lisa Marie Presley and Paul Haggis and Debbie Cook and Amy Scobee and Nancy Many and Mark Headley and Karen de la Carriere and Jeff Hawkins and Katie Holmes and.................

You were saying? LOL.

HelluvaHoax!

Touche'.

I get you now.

Chuck

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Just a comment on "loyal (bitch) officers" like Duggan et al.

This is one of the truly paradoxically ironic things about all matters Scientology.

Like so many things in life in general, the cult's greatest strength is also its greatest weakness.

Greatest Strength: Fanatical zealots dedicated to protecting COS/RTC/OSA
Greatest Weakness: Ex fanatical zealots dedicated to destroying COS/RTC/OSA (see current lawsuit of Rathbun vs Scientology, Rinder's blog, Hawkins book, Karen's videos, Cook's letter, et al...)

Naturally, this also applies to Miscavige himself. His greatest strength being his absolute dictatorial control of every Scientologist and church matter using lies, fair game & terrorism. These total-cause "wins" are now his worst nightmare and have turned around 360 degrees and become the damning and irrefutable evidence in the current fight-to-the-death lawsuit he is trapped within.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
<snip> ... All Scientologists have an expiration date ... <snip>

A friend said recently...

"The thing that turns a scientologist into an Ex-scientologist? It's not an SP declare. It's a doubt. One, stubborn doubt."

Long may the doubts remain stubborn...and virile. :)

JB

TG1

Angelic Poster
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Just a comment on "loyal (bitch) officers" like Duggan et al.

This is one of the truly paradoxically ironic things about all matters Scientology.

Like so many things in life in general, the cult's greatest strength is also its greatest weakness.

Greatest Strength: Fanatical zealots dedicated to protecting COS/RTC/OSA
Greatest Weakness: Ex fanatical zealots dedicated to destroying COS/RTC/OSA (see current lawsuit of Rathbun vs Scientology, Rinder's blog, Hawkins book, Cook's letter, et al...)

Naturally, this also applies to Miscavige himself. His greatest strength being his absolute dictatorial control of every Scientologist and church matter using lies, fair game & terrorism. These total-cause "wins" are now his worst nightmare and have become the damning and irrefutable evidence in the current fight-to-the-death lawsuit he is trapped within.

Gee, HH, that's very psy-cho-lo-gi-cal thinking.

The potential for their obsessive fury turned against Miscavige is equal to the price he extracted from them in terms of years spent in the cult, relationships destroyed, energies expended (psychic, physical and financial), and their explosively growing cognitive dissonance.

And if this all starts happening with multiple whales at the same time, then he has more to fear from "the inside" than he does from all his enemies trying to destroy him from the outside.

Hmmmm.

HelluvaHoax!

A friend said recently...

"The thing that turns a scientologist into an Ex-scientologist? It's not an SP declare. It's a doubt. One, stubborn doubt."

Long may the doubts remain stubborn...and virile. :)

Agreed! Bravo!

Now, I'm going to add something that is not very theta, lol.

A question. Maybe an answer too.

What causes the doubt?

This is where I get really entheta, lol.

I think it is the point in time when the Scientologist realizes that their beloved tech is being used against them personally.

For example: Mission holders had no problem coercing hundreds of millions of dollars by hard-regging public. But when church leaders, likewise, used strong-arm tech to take their money, they got really upset.

I could give many more recent examples, but what is the point of making EVERYONE hate me? :hysterical:

HelluvaHoax!

Gee, HH, that's very psy-cho-lo-gi-cal thinking.

The potential for their obsessive fury turned against Miscavige is equal to the price he extracted from them in terms of years spent in the cult, relationships destroyed, energies expended (psychic, physical and financial), and their explosively growing cognitive dissonance.

And if this all starts happening with multiple whales at the same time, then he has more to fear from "the inside" than he does from all his enemies trying to destroy him from the outside.

Hmmmm.

So then, Scientology whales are not so different from oceanic whales. . .

Aquatic whales signal immediate danger to their fellow whales through a sudden blow from the blowhole.

Cult whales signal immediate danger to their fellow whales though a sudden "blow" from "the hole".​

I didn't make it up! LOL

Carcassed

Patron
Just to get things straight up. Now when Miscavige is going to be deposed. Does it mean that he will be brought to the courthouse by force? I mean, he wouldn't come over there just by him self.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Agreed! Bravo!

Now, I'm going to add something that is not very theta, lol.

A question. Maybe an answer too.

What causes the doubt?

This is where I get really entheta, lol.

I think it is the point in time when the Scientologist realizes that their beloved tech is being used against them personally.

For example: Mission holders had no problem coercing hundreds of millions of dollars by hard-regging public. But when church leaders, likewise, used strong-arm tech to take their money, they got really upset.

I could give many more recent examples, but what is the point of making EVERYONE hate me? :hysterical:

I think you may be correct. I went to Flag for Auditing redirecting the money I had put on acount at
ASHO and AOLA for my bridge. At Flag, I felt like they reverse processed me - like the tech was being used against me. I never told anyone.

And ya, most of my auditing before that was one kind of sec check or happiness rundown or o/w thing. And the last round of auditing after flag was o/ws as part of routing off staff and bogus marriage counseling. All of which was tech being used against me. So I doubted.

HelluvaHoax!

Just to get things straight up. Now when Miscavige is going to be deposed. Does it mean that he will be brought to the courthouse by force? I mean, he wouldn't come over there just by him self.

Anonycat gave a good link, above.

Since the witness has been "noticed" (typically sent to their attorney of record) they are under the jurisdiction of the court and have to show up or face sanctions.

But the fact that they show up doesn't mean they can be compelled to answer questions. Expect Miscavige's atty to OBJECT to a lot of questions and "instruct" his client not to answer. That helps COB a bit but too many objections or intentionally not answering questions (directly or thru double-talk or obfuscation) can become an obvious ruse to avoid discovery--and backfire.

This is just one step, not conclusive of anything. Mosey's attys will use the opportunity to have SPECIFIC REPRESENTATIONS made by Miscavige in response to their questions. It might not look like much (during the deposition) but later contrary evidence/rebuttal witnesses can be brought in (to court during preliminary motions or trial) to blow up for any number of reasons. Provably lying (perjury) is one of the more notorious.

But, if (for example) Miscavige claims that he never managed the COS or its staff, imagine how many former Int Executives will be marched in (later via declaration or testimony) to evidence that Miscavige is "manufacturing evidence" of his own liking.

Depositions, which will become readable to all of the internet at some point, are exacting and often tedious drills that might not look like much on the surface. But they light the fuse for later fireworks.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
I think you may be correct. I went to Flag for Auditing redirecting the money I had put on acount at
ASHO and AOLA for my bridge. At Flag, I felt like they reverse processed me - like the tech was being used against me. I never told anyone.

And ya, most of my auditing before that was one kind of sec check or happiness rundown or o/w thing. And the last round of auditing after flag was o/ws as part of routing off staff and bogus marriage counseling. All of which was tech being used against me. So I doubted.

Question.

Did you buy that auditing on credit, or cold hard cash you had saved up?

HelluvaHoax!

Thanks.

Sure, it could be the Auditing tech used against a person (mandatory sec checks or the infamous "black Dianetics")

Or it could be the Ethics tech with threatened or real acts such as: Non Enturbulation Orders, Declares, Fair Game, Disconnection, lower conditions, suspension from services, loss of "eternity", Com Evs, Courts of Ethics, enforced O/W write-ups, Rollbacks, et al.

Or it could be the Admin tech with policies being interpreted to always prove that the target has "committed crimes and high crimes and suppressive acts" in violation of HCOPLs. Anyone at any time can be found to be committing these "crimes" any time management wants to hammer them out of existence. Witness the extremely successful (former) Mission Holders who were guilty of the suppressive act of "stealing the org's income" by selling auditing/training. It doesn't matter that they were following policy, this is how the Hubbard Law of Commotion works, lol.

Or it could be that Unknown Mystery tech can be used against them. They can simply be told that the issue is "confidential LRH advice" or the action is "based on an Eval" or be told nothing at all when they are kidnapped, locked up and kept under guard.

Scientology: It very strictly enforces its own policies. Policy #1 is that it can change, cancel or make up any policy it wants, whenever it pleases them.

Anonycat

Crusader

Since the witness has been "noticed" (typically sent to their attorney of record) they are under the jurisdiction of the court and have to show up or face sanctions.

But the fact that they show up doesn't mean they can be compelled to answer questions. Expect Miscavige's atty to OBJECT to a lot of questions and "instruct" his client not to answer. That helps COB a bit but too many objections or intentionally not answering questions (directly or thru double-talk or obfuscation) can become an obvious ruse to avoid discovery--and backfire.

This is just one step, not conclusive of anything. Mosey's attys will use the opportunity to have SPECIFIC REPRESENTATIONS made by Miscavige in response to their questions. It might not look like much (during the deposition) but later contrary evidence/rebuttal witnesses can be brought in (to court during preliminary motions or trial) to blow up for any number of reasons. Provably lying (perjury) is one of the more notorious.

But, if (for example) Miscavige claims that he never managed the COS or its staff, imagine how many former Int Executives will be marched in (later via declaration or testimony) to evidence that Miscavige is "manufacturing evidence" of his own liking.

Depositions, which will become readable to all of the internet at some point, are exacting and often tedious drills that don't look like much on the surface. But they light the fuse for later fireworks.

Really good post.

strangelove.gif

HelluvaHoax!

:hysterical: Perfect! :hysterical:

And the initials/name of that character are perfect too for a thread about deposing cult emperor Miscavige. LOL

("Dr. Strangelove" movie - Buck Turgidson)

(Turgid - adj. inflated, overblown, or pompous; bombastic)

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron

Depositions, which will become readable to all of the internet at some point, are exacting and often tedious drills that might not look like much on the surface. But they light the fuse for later fireworks.

Like I said before: It all about jurisdiction. Scientology wants to believe that earth is it's jurisdiction...and we are just to evil, out-ethics, low-confront pussies to see through the bullshit of the wog world. For DM to submit to the juris prudence of Texas will well...? ...sorry blanking out... call a nurse!

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Thanks.

Sure, it could be the Auditing tech used against a person (mandatory sec checks or the infamous "black Dianetics")

Or it could be the Ethics tech with threatened or real acts such as: Non Enturbulation Orders, Declares, Fair Game, Disconnection, lower conditions, suspension from services, loss of "eternity", Com Evs, Courts of Ethics, enforced O/W write-ups, Rollbacks, et al.

Or it could be the Admin tech with policies being interpreted to always prove that the target has "committed crimes and high crimes and suppressive acts" in violation of HCOPLs. Anyone at any time can be found to be committing these "crimes" any time management wants to hammer them out of existence. Witness the extremely successful (former) Mission Holders who were guilty of the suppressive act of "stealing the org's income" by selling auditing/training. It doesn't matter that they were following policy, this is how the Hubbard Law of Commotion works, lol.

Or it could be that Unknown Mystery tech can be used against them. They can simply be told that the issue is "confidential LRH advice" or the action is "based on an Eval" or be told nothing at all when they are kidnapped, locked up and kept under guard.

Scientology: It very strictly enforces its own policies. Policy #1 is that it can change, cancel or make up any policy it wants, whenever it pleases them.

Let's not forget the Depo Tech from July 1990.

It remains a mystery to me why-oh-why 1990 America failed to embrace the Depo Tek's catchphrase: "And now I'm on my toes".
Emblazoned on t-shirts, coffee mugs, and baseball caps, it might've been a huge money-maker.
Oops, Co$ missed opportunity #197,392,047,927!

Opposing Counsel: Ms. Plevin
The Witness: Captain Miscavige

MS. PLEVIN: I'LL TRY TO PHRASE A DEFINITION OF MANAGEMENT WHICH PERHAPS YOU CAN WORK WITH, MR. MISCAVIGE.

THE WITNESS: I'M NOT ASKING YOU FOR A DEFINITION.

I'M ASKING EXACTLY WHAT DOES YOUR QUESTION MEAN?

YOU WERE ASKING ME A QUESTION THAT I CONSIDER ABOUT AS GENERAL AS, "DID ANYBODY EVER SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT LIFE?"

I MEAN, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION.

IT'S A BIG, BROAD, GENERALITY.

I WANT TO ALSO NOTE THAT I'M NOT TRYING NOT TO ANSWER THIS.

I AM QUITE WILLING TO ANSWER THIS.

I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN YOU USE SCIENTOLOGY TERMINOLOGY OR SCIENTOLOGY SCRIPTURES AND DISTORT THEM.

I'M NOT GOING TO SIT HERE AND LET YOU ALTER THEM OR ADD TO THEM.

I KNOW IT -- I KNOW FAR MORE ABOUT THE SCRIPTURES OF THE CHURCH THAN YOU DO, AND I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE YOU PULL IT OUT AND FALL INTO THAT GAME.

AND FURTHERMORE, I'M GOING TO BE EXTREMELY PRECISE SINCE YOU HAVE ALREADY HANDED ME A DOCUMENT IN THIS DEPOSITION WHERE YOU ABSOLUTELY ADDED A PAGE TO IT: WE'RE BOTH AWARE YOU DID.

IT WAS NOT THERE, AND NOW I'M ON MY TOES BECAUSE I, QUITE FRANKLY, CAN'T TRUST THAT WHAT YOU'RE ASKING ME -- I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS, AND I'M NOT GOING TO ASSUME THAT I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.

I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN IT TO ME PRECISELY, AND I WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTION THAT I UNDERSTAND AND THAT IS STATED CLEARLY.

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, YOUR QUESTIONS ARE GARBLED TO ME.

YOU THROW AROUND SCIENTOLOGY TERMINOLOGY, AND YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

I WANT TO KNOW YOUR DEFINITION, AND MAYBE I CAN ANSWER IT.

YOU PULLED OUT ONE PARAGRAPH THERE OF A VERY, VERY LONG WRITING BY MR. HUBBARD.

IF YOU HAVE THAT WRITING, I'LL READ IT. JUST SO I'M CLEAR.

MS. PLEVIN: ARE (YOU) FINISHED?

THE WITNESS: WELL, I THINK YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO ASK THE A QUESTION, AND I'M GOING TO ANSWER IT.

MS. PLEVIN: I DON'T WANT TO INTERRUPT YOU WHILE YOU'RE ON A ROLL.

If Captain Miscavige does get deposed again, Dep Tech II will undoubtedly be funnier.

"On my toes since 1990." - David Miscavige, from his autobiography, My Eyes See Your Knees: My Life As An Ankle-Nibbling Gnatterboi

JB

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: And now I'm on my toes.

Q: What's black and white and read all over?

Q: Knock, knock.
A: Who's there?
Q: *sings* We stand tall...

Q: How many 53-yr old men in boys size-14 fake Navy uniforms does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Last edited: