What's new

Marty on 60 Minutes Australia this coming Sunday

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Extra 60 Minutes Australia videos on Scientology

Extra 60 Minutes Australia videos on Scientology.

It appears the main show is not up yet at:
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/

However, "Extra Minutes" videos are up at:
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/videoindex.aspx

Look for:
The Defector: Scientology – the secret compound
The Defector: What all Scientologists are scared of
The Defector: Reporter interview with Liz Hayes
60 Minutes Classic: Cult Busters

Check back at the main site for the show:

Check back at the "Extra Minutes" video page for more "Extra Minutes" videos:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: Extra 60 Minutes Australia videos on Scientology

Extra 60 Minutes Australia videos on Scientology.

It appears the main show is not up yet at:

However, "Extra Minutes" videos are up at:

Look for:
The Defector: Scientology – the secret compound
The Defector: What all Scientologists are scared of
The Defector: Reporter interview with Liz Hayes
60 Minutes Classic: Cult Busters

Check back at the main site for the show:

Check back at the "Extra Minutes" video page for more "Extra Minutes" videos:

I still cannot access the "Extra Minutes" videos on the sixty minutes Aus website.

But these 3 are already up on YouTube: (they are linked there and run in succession):

[video=youtube;0x-JXFlH-UE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-JXFlH-UE&list=UU0L1suV8pVgO4pCAIBNGx5w[/video]

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Well, for me, it quoted the typical Australian media.... (I just watched it and cringed)

It had a lot to say, but in the end, it didn't really say a fucking thing!

In other words, when money talks, bullshit walks.

For me it was a totally disappointing experience.
But I don't really expect much more from Australian Current Affairs shows...

Chess

Patron with Honors
It just seems sooooo appropriate to put this in here:

FUCK YOU, OSA

:woohoo:

So much media, so little cult left :roflmao:

Geezes Scoots, stop being so nebulous and just say what you mean!

Marty did say he thinks he's made up for the damage he's done - well... here's hoping he actually has in the minds of those he fucked over.
But boy let the sunshine in and let's see more and more like this to drag the cult out of its lair.
And OSA - just like Scoots said :clap:

Chess

Patron with Honors
Well, for me, it quoted the typical Australian media.... (I just watched it and cringed)

I sort of felt the same but really it's prime time TV and I even heard mention of it while watching the footy earlier that day. To hear Ray Warren (sports commentator) mention Marty Rathbun's name in a Sunday arvo footy game sort of puts it all into a whole new context of fail for the cult. Oh, Manly won inside the last minute :happydance:

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
HH, if I can from Bulgravia..... seems to me you are not looking at right place....:confused2:

RogerB

Crusader
Yes this is very well done by ABC . . . . it really exposes the insanity and nastiness of the cult.

Marty and Monique did a wonderfully credible performance.

It will sure as hell scare potential newbies out of any inclination of joining or getting involved.

R

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

original.jpg

It was not as good as it could have been - true. But it is definitely not doing Scientology any favors. My friends watched it, never ins, and said it made Scientology look really creepy and sleazy! They said it was damaging for the cult! It will make people want to digg on the internet and that is where we come into play....:coolwink::wink2: :yes::happydance:

With the new Sea Org Blows - I bet the media has a frenzie with more scathing stories about Scientology - Church of Slave Labor Camps while the Leader, David Miscavige, lives a lavish lifestyle! Check out Jillian Schlesinger's video by Karen! More Sea Orgers have BLOWN and we welcome their stories of abuse and neglect!

Scientology - get ready to lose your TAX EXEMPT, NON-PROFIT STATUS! The cat is out of the bag! Your time is up so get your check books out and be prepared to pay taxes just like any BIG BUSINESS!

I liked it. Oz has heard a fair bit about the cult and will prolly be interested in the one thing the program focussed on - that someone is having a showdown with the cult leader. The bit about the vault was a slight digression, prolly to add interest, but interest which did not bury the main message.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
the link works for me, but not the vid.

I had to take off an ad filter/pop-up blocker. It may also help to right click on the link and view it in a private window or whatever, too.
==============

About the video, I think it conveyed the message of Scientology being creepy and the underbrush and trees around Marty's house, along with the camera angles looking in, reminded me of the The Blair Witch Project.

They also hit hard on the notion that David Miscavige takes an interest in Tom Cruise's auditing files, drinks Scotch and laughs about Cruise's problems. Of course this is not new news to us, but I think to the public it'll be fascinating, and it will make Miscavige go ballistic.

Another good part was the repeat showing, at least twice, of Miscavige's text messages, with the "c*** sucker" one in the middle, so people wouldn't miss it if they missed it the first time.

Another Miscavige blood pressure raiser is when they show him saying, "Marty and I went to Washington..." How is the cult supposed to claim Marty wasn't Miscavige's sidekick after that?

Frankly, it was kind of weird but still, I kept wishing that it was on American TV too. We'll have to wait and see, as I think sometimes people who have little knowledge of Scientology are the best judges of the impact of these things. Is it something they could follow? What did they get out of it?:nervous:

What did the public think of Joanne, and her "ruthless campaign of intimidation." Is she a weapon of mass destruction or just a cackling Scientology loon?

In the very least, in introduced the fact there is a trial brewing with a Miscavige appearance coming. Move over OJ. Just kidding, but it does alert the public to the trial.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

The house specially built for tubs still awaits him (lol) and Marty's reply to Liz Hayes when she said "Its been 27 years, he should be back by now shouldn't he?" was ...

"He's tardy, AWOL" (said with a glimmer of humour).

I liked that.

:biggrin:

I had to take off an ad filter/pop-up blocker. It may also help to right click on the link and view it in a private window or whatever, too.
==============

About the video, I think it conveyed the message of Scientology being creepy and the underbrush and trees around Marty's house, along with the camera angles looking in, reminded me of the The Blair Witch Project.

They also hit hard on the notion that David Miscavige takes an interest in Tom Cruise's auditing files, drinks Scotch and laughs about Cruise's problems. Of course this is not new news to us, but I think to the public it'll be fascinating, and it will make Miscavige go ballistic.

Another good part was the repeat showing, at least twice, of Miscavige's text messages, with the "c*** sucker" one in the middle, so people wouldn't miss it if they missed it the first time.

Another Miscavige blood pressure raiser is when they show him saying, "Marty and I went to Washington..." How is the cult supposed to claim Marty wasn't Miscavige's sidekick after that?

Frankly, it was kind of weird but still, I kept wishing that it was on American TV too. We'll have to wait and see, as I think sometimes people who have little knowledge of Scientology are the best judges of the impact of these things. Is it something they could follow? What did they get out of it?:nervous:

In the very least, in introduced the fact there is a trial brewing with a Miscavige appearance coming. Move over OJ. Just kidding, but it does alert the public to the trial.

Thank you for your kindness. I managed to get it when I switched from chrome to IE. :)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I just watched it and did like it for reasons others have mentioned above.

If it served no purpose other than making people aware of and interested in the ongoing lawsuit than that in itself is worthwhile imo. The more that media focuses peoples attention on this as well as the other ongoing litigation against the cult the better.

I'd love to see the video that they left on the cutting room floor though! :yes:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am only 2:30 into this video and I think it starts off great! That woman (I forget her name) looks like a cackling lunatic! I love it! 30seconds of her being obnoxious in the name of religious freedom, calling Marty a squirrel, damn she makes $cientology look good! We need a straight jacket smilie!

Back to the show :drama: