What's new

On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Re: Only in Scientology do former LSD zombies write success stories.

It's not surprising that exercise and sweating, then taking a hot shower and getting nice and clean, makes person feel "clean."

Yo.

I'm curious if there are any wins, specifically, from taking a tablespoon of vegetable oil daily. Or perhaps the quantity of oil and the frequency are other than I remember it.

I prepare/cook 90% of my daily food myself, so I can say that 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil per day sounds realistic to me. Well, OK, give or take a few drops.

About taking a tablespoon of pure vegetable oil daily? Ugh, who would want to do something that disgusting? Don't people have any taste anymore? <Shudder :puke:>

There's a remarkable amount of pseudo-science attached to the simple action and exercising and sweating.

<snip>

Yo.

"The only trouble was, the old man wasn't a doc. The principles of the purif weren't all sound and were physically dangerous. We see the results of that now in the deaths..."[/B]

Yo.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Sweat Program did not have a cost nor a routing form, at least it didn't when I did it.

There was an attestation cycle.

But the Purf - that had a fee, not high at first but it did get jacked up later.

Best place for the Purf was a suna with a pool. A suana with a shower and no pool was like pizza without dough, sauce and cheese.

The purf was a waste of my time. The only thing that made me feel good was the sauna exercise and relaxation. Number of toxins I felt leaving my body and "turning on" - zero. And that was 6 weeks.

Wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I was already in great shape at the time.

Rd00

Boomima

Patron with Honors
"There's no detox chapter in a medical textbook..."
"It's not a meaningful scientific term- it's a marketing device..." ...Dr. Ben Goldacre

[video=youtube;_UrhJ8P8iZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UrhJ8P8iZ8[/video]

JGB

Patron
Shanic, try the links in this post for starters.

The pharmacokinetics and solubility profile of LSD make fat sequestration a ludicrous proposition.

Flashbacks are likely due to the distinct neurology of those who experience them.

When I took LSD most of it was laced with chemicals like strychnine (rat poison) and who knows what else the chemist put in. It could have bonded with another chemical and then stored into a fat cell. I do know that the Purif worked for me and I am glad I did it.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
When I took LSD most of it was laced with chemicals like strychnine (rat poison) and who knows what else the chemist put in. It could have bonded with another chemical and then stored into a fat cell. I do know that the Purif worked for me and I am glad I did it.

How odd. You keep repeating the same anecdotal win again and again.

What a weird venue choice (ESMB, filled with antagonistic humans, squirrels and SPs) to try and convince people that Scientology works! LOL

Apparently, unlike Dr. Hubbard, you have not yet had enough wins from the tech that you have risen above an avid craving for agreement from a humanoid group.

"So constructive ideas are individual and seldom get broad agreement in a human group. An individual must rise above an avid craving for agreement from a humanoid group to get anything decent done." - L. Ron Hubbard (doctor and nuclear physicist -- and Ron has risen above being concerned about whether any accredited institutions are in "agreement" with his degrees.)

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

If you think of chemical messengers int he blood as keys, and receptors or enzymes as locks, then a simple way of thinking about how a drug works it to imagine it as a skeleton key for a particular lock in the body. Sometimes it fits more than one lock, and you get a lot of a certain type of side effect (called "off-target" effects). I know of a drug that just failed in Phase III for off-target effects.

In general you strive for a unique key. LSD is pretty unique.

Sometimes a drug will get caught up in sticky proteins in the blood when it enters circulation. That larger complex can no longer act as a key for the intended lock, either because it is too big to fit in the hole, or because the active groups that make up the "teeth" of the key are now hidden in the protein. This makes drug chemists tear their hair out.

So, if for some reason, the chemists who produced your LSD were dumb enough to put something in the tab or blotter that bound with LSD - it would have prevented you from having a trip in the first place! And if that complex did sequester into fat, it would correspondingly have no effect when it recirculated into blood plasma.

Anonycat

Crusader
If you think of chemical messengers int he blood as keys, and receptors or enzymes as locks, then a simple way of thinking about how a drug works it to imagine it as a skeleton key for a particular lock in the body. Sometimes it fits more than one lock, and you get a lot of a certain type of side effect (called "off-target" effects). I know of a drug that just failed in Phase III for off-target effects.

In general you strive for a unique key. LSD is pretty unique.

Sometimes a drug will get caught up in sticky proteins in the blood when it enters circulation. That larger complex can no longer act as a key for the intended lock, either because it is too big to fit in the hole, or because the active groups that make up the "teeth" of the key are now hidden in the protein. This makes drug chemists tear their hair out.

So, if for some reason, the chemists who produced your LSD were dumb enough to put something in the tab or blotter that bound with LSD - it would have prevented you from having a trip in the first place! And if that complex did sequester into fat, it would correspondingly have no effect when it recirculated into blood plasma.

LSD being laced with strychnine is an old urban legend like toxins stored and sweated out. And babies delivered by the stork. I think the man is down with the stork theory.

JGB

Patron
How odd. You keep repeating the same anecdotal win again and again.

What a weird venue choice (ESMB, filled with antagonistic humans, squirrels and SPs) to try and convince people that Scientology works! LOL

Apparently, unlike Dr. Hubbard, you have not yet had enough wins from the tech that you have risen above an avid craving for agreement from a humanoid group.

"So constructive ideas are individual and seldom get broad agreement in a human group. An individual must rise above an avid craving for agreement from a humanoid group to get anything decent done." - L. Ron Hubbard (doctor and nuclear physicist -- and he doesn't care if you or any accredited institutions are in "agreement" with his degrees)

Sorry I don't meet your standard of hatred for Ron. The Purif worked well for me.

HelluvaHoax!

The Purif worked well for me.

Again?

You keep repeating that same thing, over and over and over again.

Did someone in the COS not give you a good acknowledgement or something? LOL.

Or is it one of those "number of times over materials equals certainty" things?

HelluvaHoax!

Sorry I don't meet your standard of hatred for Ron. .

You should lurk more.

The "hater" refrain has played out on the internet. Much like calling people "Communists", "Psychs", "SPs" or "Defrocked Apostates" did in the COS (Crimewave of Scientology).

Can't you be a little more creative than that and come up with something original that is not a threadbare platitude?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I haven't had any LSD flashbacks since my first purif.:)

I would suggest you are still stuck in that one.
Most of what you are stating is nothing but Elcon double speak right out of the purif materials.
Would you be my FSM if I sign up now?
Oh, pretty please?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

You should lurk more.

The "hater" refrain has played out on the internet. Much like calling people "Communists", "Psychs", "SPs" or "Defrocked Apostates" did in the COS (Crimewave of Scientology).

Can't you be a little more creative than that and come up with something original that is not a threadbare platitude?

[STRIKE]Marcabian, SMERSCH, Tax Inspector, Psych, FBI, NCG, dilettante, bigot, basher, hater,[/STRIKE] shredder.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry I don't meet your standard of hatred for Ron. The Purif worked well for me.

I translate your statement to mean that the Purf helped you to feel better.

I remember once I partook in the deed with a loved one and the elation from the climax felt so good that I was on cloud 9 forever.

I think it is safe for me to say that partaking in the deed "worked for me".

Note to HH: Please do not confuse my statment with a need to get agreement from the group.

But then again maybe I am trying to get agreement from the group.

So tell me HH (and others)...

Did partaking in the deed "work for you"?

Rd00

Last edited:

Isme

Patron with Honors
Wow.

The response to someone saying the Purif worked for them is EXACTLY the reason I don't participate more often.

If someone doesn't think EXACTLY like others here they get trashed. Do you folks realize that you sound EXACTLY like the Scios on the phone with their "You read the Internet? You are suppressive!" nonsense?

Well - the Purif worked for me. Both times.

Now then, having said that, I give you permission to hate on me, just don't expect me to take part in your little games.

In fact, I am now going to look for that handy-dandy Ignore function.

TTFN :)

Lexing Jenkins

Patron with Honors
I believe that exercise, sweating, and vitamins are good for you. If you are lacking exercise, circulation, and viatmins the purif could help you physically. As far as it freeing you from the harmful effects of drugs... nope. Drugs are everywhere, in food, and water. You would have to be doing a purif every 6 months just to purge preservatives alone.

I believe that exercise, sweating, and vitamins are good for you. If you are lacking exercise, circulation, and viatmins the purif could help you physically. As far as it freeing you from the harmful effects of drugs... nope. Drugs are everywhere, in food, and water. You would have to be doing a purif every 6 months just to purge preservatives alone.

As with everything else about Scientology it takes good concepts and fucks them all up.

A lifestyle with includes getting the proper vitamins along with regular cardiovascular sweat producing exercise is good for you, trying to squeeze in a lifetime's worth of vitamins and cardiovascular sweat producing exercise into a few weeks is fucking retarded.

Lexing Jenkins

Patron with Honors
I describe my time on the purif in my story from inside. Basically my EP was: "To be free from the harmful effects of the purif".