What's new

On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable

JustSheila

Crusader
I'm bringing up the oil taken on the Purif because there's already been so much attention on the mega-vitamin doses.

Excessive oils block the absorption of vitamins and other nutrients by the body. From http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-take-vitamin-d-supplements-correctly.html

A number of drugs interfere with the absorption or metabolism of vitamin D. Among those that interfere with absorption are <snipped> Mineral oil or products containing mineral oil.

Lost weight on the Purif but gained it back? Oils are increasingly used as laxatives. This can have the short-term effect of weight loss/cleansing while using the oils, but a longer-term effect of the your body becoming accustomed to this as a sort of "crutch" where elimination becomes more difficult after its use is stopped.

Most laxatives become physically habit-forming if used on a regular basis.

All things in moderation is a good rule of thumb. :yes:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
:omg: That All-Blend, Cold-Pressed Oil was the pits. I only just tolerated it but it usually made a quick exit, thank God for all that vegetable roughage!

On the second Purif I did there was a relationship established between weight loss and oil intake (based on that ludicrous Scarcity/Waste principle).
Lose weight = you need to take more oil. :puke2:

No thanks. I'm full. :nooo:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm bringing up the oil taken on the Purif because there's already been so much attention on the mega-vitamin doses.

Excessive oils block the absorption of vitamins and other nutrients by the body. From http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-take-vitamin-d-supplements-correctly.html

Lost weight on the Purif but gained it back? Oils are increasingly used as laxatives. This can have the short-term effect of weight loss/cleansing while using the oils, but a longer-term effect of the your body becoming accustomed to this as a sort of "crutch" where elimination becomes more difficult after its use is stopped.

Most laxatives become physically habit-forming if used on a regular basis.

All things in moderation is a good rule of thumb. :yes:

OK, I thought the Purif was Exercise + Sauna + Vitamins + Veggies.

Obviously I missed the oil.

What else am I missing? What is the full regimen for the Purif?

Anyhoo.

You piss orange through the urethra and pee out of your butt, otherwise. That musta really sucked given the scarcity of toilet paper. :omg:

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
I have done some training in pharmacokinetics (what the body does with drugs) and pharmacodynamics (what drugs do to the body). I have basic understanding of human physiology and how the liver, kidneys, sweat glands work. I have nowhere near the expertise of Udarnik.

One point has not been brought up yet. Nowhere on this thread has anyone who has said the Purif "worked" for them mentioned if they smoke cigarettes, or not, or if they stopped smoking as part of purif completion.

Back when I did the purif, I questioned why the program did not help me quit smoking, and why did pretty much EVERY Scientologist smoke, public and staff. The man himself - Bigshot LRH sucked down 3 packs of Kools per day. There is plenty of documentation about the amount of chemicals in cigarette tobacco, not to mention the addictive nature of nicotine. I did the purif and got through it because I wanted to get to Clear on the bridge. I was young and healthy and fit. Obviously I was resilient enough to get through the program without damaging my health, or even suffering severe dehydration.

Why the hell would you do a program that supposedly cleared your body of toxins, but continue to smoke and put all those chemicals into your body?

Just more proof the Purif = BULLSHIT.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

What else am I missing? What is the full regimen for the Purif?

Medical clearance to do it, C/S OK to start, exercise, sauna, vitamins, minerals, Calmag, salt and potassium/cell salts, all-blend oil, vegetables, protein (originally it was a liquid "pre-digested" Protein bought for a Health Food store), water, more water, mandatory cool-off, a twin (someone alongside you), daily reports, a Purif I/C (Supervisor).... hmmm, what else?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purification_Rundown

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Medical clearance to do it, C/S OK to start, exercise, sauna, vitamins, all-blend oil, vegetables, protein (originally it was a liquid "pre-digested" Protein bought for a Health Food store), water, mandatory cool-off, a twin (someone alongside you), daily reports, a Purif I/C (Supervisor).... hmmm, what else?

Whey protein? WTF is pre-digested?

Was the coffee pre-digested, too?

Leland

Crusader
Udarnik ......you are so funny! (and great posts too). OIL was a major part of La Fattys Purif Tech. Since the drugs were stored in a body's fat...taking in OIL orally brought about an exchange within the body of good oil for bad fat (oil). LoL....don't you understand Ron's tech at all?????? :omg:

Gib

Crusader
Medical clearance to do it, C/S OK to start, exercise, sauna, vitamins, minerals, Calmag, salt and potassium/cell salts, all-blend oil, vegetables, protein (originally it was a liquid "pre-digested" Protein bought for a Health Food store), water, more water, mandatory cool-off, a twin (someone alongside you), daily reports, a Purif I/C (Supervisor).... hmmm, what else?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purification_Rundown

I never had to do "protein" just eat protein with lots of greens.

I've done the purif twice, and never stayed in the sauna for that long. I stayed in the sauna until I really got a good sweat going, and when I couldn't take it anymore, I took a break for about 10-15 minutes, then went back in to sweat, and this repeated like that for the 2 1/2 hours to 4 hours.

I had no problem with the oil or mega doses of vits or niacin, or cal mag.

But in looking back, I just attribute the purif to

getting in shape again
getting some exercise
getting to sweat
getting some free time
not drinking booze

all for a 3-4 week time period. I attest if anybody does that, they will feel better and has nothing to do with scientology/hubbardology.

As far as the mega doses of vits, I don't know, and it doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned as that did not affect me.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Here are a few examples of harm caused around the Purif..

Paride Ella and Giuseppe Tomba, clients of Narconon in Taceno, Italy, died in 1995 during the vitamin phase of the program, suffering kidney problems and a heart attack respectively.[46]

In 1996, journalist Mark Ebner described the case of a woman who had suffered heatstroke and anemia while on the program.
One day, she was found blue-lipped on the waiting room floor, hemorrhaging. Instead of taking her blood pressure or calling an ambulance or even a doctor, they explained away her bleeding as "restimulation" from radiation she had absorbed from ultrasound testing she'd had years before.[17]

In 1997, two emergency room doctors reported treating a 45-year-old man who had participated in the Rundown. Previously healthy, he had developed tremors while on the program, for which the Church of Scientology recommended further Purification as treatment. Put back in the sauna, he developed seizures and was taken to hospital in an incoherent state. He was diagnosed with severe hyponatremia but three days of medical treatment returned him to normal.[8]

In a similar case, the wife of a Medina, Ohio dentist required hospitalisation after developing hallucinations and other bizarre symptoms during the program.[22]

In 2004, a former participant in the UK told reporters that the program had gravely worsened his physical condition, and that he had been denied medical treatment.[47]

A 25-year-old man in Portland, Oregon died from liver failure having taken the program. His parents sued the Church of Scientology and the case was settled out of court.[22] Scientology officials blamed the death on prior medical problems.[48]

The cult has been covering its ass for over 60years.. To think this program has not seriously injured many many people and children is ignorant and I can't argue with ignoramuses.. Just like they don't force abortions and people can just walk out of the Sea Org at anytime, and oh yeah, there is no such thing as disconnection it's simply a voluntary individual choice and the church doesn't get involved in personal family matters.

Leland

Crusader
The stuff I used was just a liquid supplement. Coffee contains caffeine, we were trying to cleanse the body of drugs. I actually did give up smoking and caffeine on the Purif but took both up again much later when the stress levels seemed to require such medication.

I took breaks on the Purif to smoke. LoL. There was a OT on the Purif that bitched all the time in the sauna. Finally I said to him, why don't you just exteriorize and leave? He didn't say much after that. Sad thing is I meant it. Boy, was I stupid.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I never had to do "protein" just eat protein with lots of greens.

Yeah, that's why I said "originally". It changed in later Issues on the Purif, I think. I did the first ever Purif in ANZO along with my twin, David Sonnenfeld.

Prior to that I was on the LSD Sweatout Program and was, naturally enough, fit as a fiddle!

JustSheila

Crusader

The cult has been covering its ass for over 60years.. To think this program has not seriously injured many many people and children is ignorant and I can't argue with ignoramuses..

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you, MissWog.

Just like they don't force abortions and people can just walk out of the Sea Org at anytime, and oh yeah, there is no such thing as disconnection it's simply a voluntary individual choice and the church doesn't get involved in personal family matters.

And this is the nail on the head, MissWog, as I've detailed in a post on another thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ions-Sea-Org-needs-Babies&p=918877#post918877

To tell you that the C/O and every exec and staff member were SHOCKED when they were offered a voluntary choice of something that is their actual right (to choose to become pregnant and bear a child or not to do so - without penalty) would be an extreme understatement.

What I did was unheard-of. What, in the SO, was ever voluntary, unless it was extra work for Scientology?

I believed in the individual staff members' ability to make sound decisions on their own. The C/O did not. I did not do this with his authority - not with anyone's authority.

He did not put his support behind the original pilot until he saw that people were smart enough to make their own decisions.

But all the rest of SO management did NOT put their support behind it. They made it an ORDER, to be enforced by ethics officers, group pressure, Scientology and Sea Org pressure.

Because that's how Scientology works. Without the enforcers, people would follow their consciences. They would, for the most part, do the right thing. In the Sea Org, that wasn't good enough. It had to be ordered and enforced according to some uniform idea of what was "good" or "bad" for Scientology, throwing everyone's rights away.

Gib

Crusader

Paride Ella and Giuseppe Tomba, clients of Narconon in Taceno, Italy, died in 1995 during the vitamin phase of the program, suffering kidney problems and a heart attack respectively.[46]

In 1996, journalist Mark Ebner described the case of a woman who had suffered heatstroke and anemia while on the program.
One day, she was found blue-lipped on the waiting room floor, hemorrhaging. Instead of taking her blood pressure or calling an ambulance or even a doctor, they explained away her bleeding as "restimulation" from radiation she had absorbed from ultrasound testing she'd had years before.[17]

In 1997, two emergency room doctors reported treating a 45-year-old man who had participated in the Rundown. Previously healthy, he had developed tremors while on the program, for which the Church of Scientology recommended further Purification as treatment. Put back in the sauna, he developed seizures and was taken to hospital in an incoherent state. He was diagnosed with severe hyponatremia but three days of medical treatment returned him to normal.[8]

In a similar case, the wife of a Medina, Ohio dentist required hospitalisation after developing hallucinations and other bizarre symptoms during the program.[22]

In 2004, a former participant in the UK told reporters that the program had gravely worsened his physical condition, and that he had been denied medical treatment.[47]

A 25-year-old man in Portland, Oregon died from liver failure having taken the program. His parents sued the Church of Scientology and the case was settled out of court.[22] Scientology officials blamed the death on prior medical problems.[48]

The cult has been covering its ass for over 60years.. To think this program has not seriously injured many many people and children is ignorant and I can't argue with ignoramuses.. Just like they don't force abortions and people can just walk out of the Sea Org at anytime, and oh yeah, there is no such thing as disconnection it's simply a voluntary individual choice and the church doesn't get involved in personal family matters.

That's the thing as you post Miss Wog, I'm an athletic guy, so what I posted is from that viewpoint and ability I have. I've gotten banged up, motorcycle accidents near death, football, baseball, hockey, basketball, etc

but others are not the same,

and hubbard assumed everybody was the same. Such BS.

While I can handle vits and sauna and exercise, maybe others can't, and maybe those things are not a concern for others, but hubbard assumed they were and "sold" people they were. If you know what I mean.

JustSheila

Crusader
Yeah, that's why I said "originally". It changed in later Issues on the Purif, I think. I did the first ever Purif in ANZO along with my twin, David Sonnenfeld.

Prior to that I was on the LSD Sweatout Program and was, naturally enough, fit as a fiddle!

I remember David Sonnenfeld! Is he still in?

/derail

I don't remember taking a protein supplement as part of either the old Sweat Program or the Purif, but then maybe I've forgotten. :confused2:

Neither made me quit smoking, btw.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron

Did you wear a rubber like suit on the Sweatout program? I just read about those :) me and my STUPID girlfriends tried working out wearing trash bags once..we thought it would help us loose weight faster.

Terril park

Sponsor
That's great to hear.

Another 100 % standard application!

Wouldn't want Chairman of the Lou to send the Suirrelbusters to your door (or window) with cameras on their hats.

Rd00

Fuckem and how!!

I want a big percentage, large cash upfront and they dare try to break my contract I'll quit.

After all I have many lucrative offers.

JustSheila

Crusader
Did you wear a rubber like suit on the Sweatout program? I just read about those :) me and my STUPID girlfriends tried working out wearing trash bags once..we thought it would help us loose weight faster.

I was Sea Org when I did the Sweat Program. We wore plastic wrap and garbage bags (no kidding!)

Btw, it's funny you brought up the weight loss thing, because L Ron had the whole oil exchange thing backwards.

It works externally, not internally (but only temporarily).

What you do is soak a bunch of Ace bandages in oil and put them all over your body. Snug, but not too tight, and exercise for an hour or two.

You'll sweat like you're in a steam room and drip oil everywhere, so exercise on plastic tarps.

Take waist and other measurements before and after. You'll see a lot of shrinkage afterwards. For real.

The oil brings much of the water out of your body through osmosis.

A person can get pretty dehydrated doing this, so it's not recommended, and the inches come back on (and weight, because it's only water), but it takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months for the water and weight to go back to where it was originally, so works pretty well to fit into tight wedding gowns as a one-off. :coolwink:

Terril park

Sponsor
snip

One thing to add. All those people enamored of Chinese Herbal Medicine - get it direct from an herbalist who collects his / her own stuff. One problem that is not a myth is that unscrupulous Chinese herbal manufacturers cut their white powders with lead salts to increase the weight, and add actual synthetic drugs from Big Pharma to increase the bang in their herbs.

Big Pharma's products are inspected by the FDA. Regularly.

Just sayin'.

Any comments on Dan Shen? Currently undergoing phase 3 FDA
tests.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025028_herb_Dan_Shen_herbal.html