What's new

On making the Scientology Purification Rundown safe and acceptable

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is a good article on how bad the health industry is.
http://uhealthri.com/Articles/Death by Medicine.asp?ArticleNo=a42

I was gong to read this but when I saw paragraph 3 which I have pasted for us all...

A group of researchers meticulously reviewed the statistical evidence and their findings are absolutely shocking. These researchers have authored a paper titled “Death by Medicine” that presents compelling evidence that today’s medical system frequently causes more harm than good.

and I look at the following phrase in that paragraph...

"...that presents compelling evidence that today’s medical system frequently causes more harm than good."

and my mind lost it while I was trying to perform mental gymnastics because I could not think of one instance where a surgeon ever gave a patient appendicitis.

I was also trying to visualize people walking into an orthopedist with no broken bones and walking out with broken bones.

But where I really lost it was when I was trying to picture hundreds of people going to a dentist with a full set of perfect pearly whites and leaving with a mouthful of cavities.

I mean there is just something about that phrase and that paragraph. It almost reminds me of somethign that would be written by L Ron Hubbard in an early paragraph of one of his ramblings where he tries to first convince the reader that the experts got it wrong and now he is going to set things straight.

Kind of like the Data Series where he says that Aristolean logic is for the birds and a man would go quite mad reading a book on logic.

Catch my drift?

Rd00

I vote we just stop with this -going to doctors and taking medicine - lark. My god, they are killing us wholesale!
I want the good old days.

What a fun time for all, we all could all swap family stories of TB, smallpox, polio. The laughs we could have as we remember all of our female relatives who died in childbirth and how many siblings we would have had if they had lived past 2. Those funerals would be a blast, great family get-togethers after the flu season was past.

I yearn for the days when an achy tooth was quickly and safely removed outside barber shops, the pain doesn't last more than a few days and the infections would be a real test of character. Not to mention kidney stones!

Uncle Arthur would be quite happy in a nice warm supportive environment far away from lithium and the modern evils of psych poison.
View attachment 7018

Yes, please. let's go back to better time.

That is super!!!! No more doctors. All better now.

Mark Twain said in his book _Christian Science_ that the absence of any good alternatives was what made Christian Science seem appealing at all. Or something like that.

Leland

Crusader
On making the Purif safe and acceptable:

I was talking to my friend and landlord one day. (Ot 7 ) He was complaining bitterly to me about his wife. He went on an on about her. He was talking about possible divorce, but had several children with her. He had a family. Finally he paused for a bit and gathering his thoughts, he summed it all up and confessed to me, "it was a Purif Romance."

Moral is watch out for those womanly wiles of cute Scientology girls in the sauna clad only in swim suits! They are dangerous!

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
That is super!!!! No more doctors. All better now.

Mark Twain said in his book _Christian Science_ that the absence of any good alternatives was what made Christian Science seem appealing at all. Or something like that.

nice to see new member.:whistling:
welcome.

betskand

Patron with Honors
Anti-Purif?

For starters:

A half-baked notion of an uneducated quack who claimed much expertise and had none.

NO clinical or other research
NO peer review
NO support from anything known of human physiology

DANGER of heat exhaustion
DANGER of liver damage
DANGER of general system failure and death.

This is something that I always wonder about. I know that if I, at my age (and I am not THAT old) had to run around a pole in high heat we would have a health crisis on our hands. (Or THEY would. I would be comatose or dead.) And from what I read, the high-dose niacin is indeed toxic. I can only assume that those who have survived it have very good livers at the outset.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is something that I always wonder about. I know that if I, at my age (and I am not THAT old) had to run around a pole in high heat we would have a health crisis on our hands. (Or THEY would. I would be comatose or dead.) And from what I read, the high-dose niacin is indeed toxic. I can only assume that those who have survived it have very good livers at the outset.

That's the thing, betskand. A simple physical might not reveal all of the red flags for participating in something like this. The anecdote in the thread above I believe could be someone who died on the Purif. I think it's happened more than once, and will happen again.

Last edited:

betskand

Patron with Honors
Here is a HCO that appears to spell it out: http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientol...UTRITIONAL VITAMIN INCREASES PURIF 140280.doc

Here is someone selling the Purif Pack.. http://www.vitaminscatalog.com/purif-pack.html

10550-L-boxopen.jpg

PURIF PACK
The Purif Pack is a special pack used for Detoxification Programs.
This pack gives you the vitamins and minerals that you need to do a Sauna Detoxification Program. Also you would need the All Blend Oil.

Product Code: 10550
Quantity: 1 Pack
Qty: Price: $169.99

Vitamin A & D 100 tabs
Vitamin B complex 50 100 tabs
Vitamin B1 100 mg 100 caps
Vitamin B1 500 mg 100 caps
Niacin 100 mg 100 tabs
Niacin 500 mg (fast-dissolving tablets) 100 tabs
Vitamin C 300 caps
VItamin E 400 IU 100 tabs
Chelated Mega Mineras Complex 100 tabs
Chelated Minerals and Trace Minerals 100 tabs
Sea Salts 100 tabs
Potasium Gluconate 100 tabs
Cell Salts 1,000 tabs
Calcium Gluconate 16 oz.
Magnesium Carbonate 8 oz.
Granular soy Lecithin 16 oz

and here is the oil

10855-L.jpg

ALL BLEND OIL 490 ML
490 ML
Nutrina’s All-Blend Oil is a mixture of truly cold-pressed oils from soy beans, safflower seeds, walnuts, and peanuts. It is a delicious salad oil which also is an excellent source of poly-unsaturated essential fatty acids.

Product Code: 10855
Quantity: 490 ML
Qty: Price: $24.70

One thing about doing ANY "health" regime that involves ingesting a lot of ANYTHING is that it should be accompanied by frequent blood tests. Individuals don't respond to things the same way. For instance, if you take iron supplements, you may benefit...or you may push yourself quickly into a range that is toxic. Like any REAL scientific effort, an experiment or application takes constant monitoring and constant evaluation. Many of these things should require frequent checking of kidney, pancreas and liver function. Not the kind of "monitoring" that they did with Lisa McPherson, just to be a tiny bit nasty.

MissWog

and my mind lost it while I was trying to perform mental gymnastics because I could not think of one instance where a surgeon ever gave a patient appendicitis.

I was also trying to visualize people walking into an orthopedist with no broken bones and walking out with broken bones.

But where I really lost it was when I was trying to picture hundreds of people going to a dentist with a full set of perfect pearly whites and leaving with a mouthful of cavities.

Rd00
I'm with you 100% but you lost me at dentists.. You just might walk out with a bunch of unnecessary fillings if your dentist is a member of WISE :coolwink: I wish I was joking!

----
It has been pages and still no data, docs or even an anecdote that tells us what this sign off includes. Very disappointing.. I guess I need to get specific and see if my question is still ignored. Hmm maybe I am on ignore??!!! But wouldn't it be nice to know what the cherch provides to the PC to give to the doctor and what the doctor is suppose to examine/test for on the PC to give this A-OK to do the Purif? :hmm: :questions:

secretiveoldfag

On the other hand, iatrogenic or doctor-induced death is now up there with heart disease and cancer in the US. Bad reactions to drugs, unnecessary operations, neglect, negligence, poor nursing, undiagnosed or wrongly diagnosed conditions...

Most people get better anyway when left for a while.

MissWog

Wow I am so WRONG and you are SO RIGHT! Natural vitamins are food period.

Toxic Vitamin A in India was a UNICEF project. No data if it was synthetic or natural.
Same thing with Niacin. Very vague and no details.
One death on B-complex! Again no data.

But you keep informing us how bad the Purif is and it is not. The Purif is not dangerous and you need a medical exam before anyone can do it. Yet you work in an industry that has done more harm to humans (and the environment) in the name of help. More than Ron could do in 100 lifetimes! I know two people who died horribly from pharma drug concoctions and cost them over $100,000.00.

Please pm me your name so when I DO DROP MY BODY I want to make sure that you will not get any of my organs. You would probably get sick because they are to pure:)
JGB,
please understand that I am trying to understand where you are coming from. All the snark and sarcasm aside I really just don't believe this Purif is healthy..so help prove me wrong :yes:

If I, or anyone, wanted to do the Purif would I go to my personal General Practitioner or would I go to a CoS approved physician?

If I go to my personal GP, what information about the Purif would I provide her so she would understand the Purif program and Purif regimen that I was asking her to give me the all clear to participate in?

If my doctor does approve this program for me what documentation do I provide to the CoS and who verifies the authenticity of the documentation before allowing me to begin the Purif Rundown?

Any data, docs or even anecdotal info you can provide would be much appreciated! I see you feel passionately about this and I do not mean to disrespect your point of view..I just need more help in understanding.

Leland

Crusader
I'm with you 100% but you lost me at dentists.. You just might walk out with a bunch of unnecessary fillings if your dentist is a member of WISE :coolwink: I wish I was joking!

----
It has been pages and still no data, docs or even an anecdote that tells us what this sign off includes. Very disappointing.. I guess I need to get specific and see if my question is still ignored. Hmm maybe I am on ignore??!!! But wouldn't it be nice to know what the cherch provides to the PC to give to the doctor and what the doctor is suppose to examine/test for on the PC to give this A-OK to do the Purif? :hmm: :questions:
Agreed! I had a Scien dentist and he wanted to do some weird stuff to my gums. I said no way and he got really angry!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
On the other hand, iatrogenic or doctor-induced death is now up there with heart disease and cancer in the US. Bad reactions to drugs, unnecessary operations, neglect, negligence, poor nursing, undiagnosed or wrongly diagnosed conditions...

I know we're off on a bit of a tangent here but I recently listened to this Radiolab production
http://www.upworthy.com/the-way-doc...fferent-from-the-way-their-patients-do?c=ufb1

It's 21 minutes long and I don't regret spending the time listening to it. I found it thought-provoking.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

That's a broad statement SOF. Not with cancer. Not with heart disease. Not with TB. Not with HIV. Not with RA. Tendonitis, yes. And where are many of these errors occurring? In ICUs and other over-worked wards with very sick patients.

It's hard to prove when someone would have died without treatment. And iatrogenic death is not up there with heart disease or cancer, it's down there with gunshots and automobile accidents. The problem with the studies not done by the CDC is that they include any serious medical error as a cause of death if the patient eventually died. That's stacking the deck and bad science.