What's new

Isabella Cruise and Eddie Frencher - OUT OF SCIENTOLOGY!

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Sheila,

Jodie Foster was never in Scientology.

In 1983-84, Jodie Foster was at Yale.

During those years, she also made three movies, including Hotel New Hampshire.

TG1

well Lulubelle would be the person to consult on this...

TG1

Angelic Poster
Secretiveoldfag,

I take your point about Cruise's oldest two children having an uphill climb to find their way in life.

The children were adopted at birth by Tom and Nicole -- Isabella in 1992 and Connor in 1995. Tom divorced Nicole in 2001 for "irreconcilable differences," when the kids were 9 and 6. The reasons for the divorce are unknown, although I'm sure Marty knows.

I have no idea how it happened, but Tom retained major custody of the children. It seems clear that Nicole's future contact with Isabella and Connor was dependent on her post-divorce silence about Tom and Scientology.

The kids were essentially motherless and cared for by Scientologist nannies for the next four years until Tom hooked up with Katie in 2005 and married her in 2006, when Suri was already a member of the family.

Money aside, Isabella's and Connor's upbringing is not what I'd wish for anyone I loved.

Speaking of money, something that isn't widely discussed is that Nicole's net worth may higher than Tom's. Her net worth is over $300 million. So Isabella and Connor will probably inherit several millions from her.

TG1

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
well Lulubelle would be the person to consult on this...

I've never heard this before. I was staff at AOLA around that time, but I was very new, and not on public lines.

It is possible she was there and I never heard about it. But that would be kind of surprising.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Speaking of money, something that isn't widely discussed is that Nicole's net worth may higher than Tom's. Her net worth is over $300 million. So Isabella and Connor will probably inherit several millions from her.

If Nicole remembers or considers that these kids are her kids, that is. :eyeroll:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/03/27...oldest-daughter-diss-jimmy-kimmel-live-video/

On March 25, Nicole Kidman made an appearance on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ to promote her upcoming film, ‘The Railway Man.’ During the interview, she referred to her daughter Sunday Urban, 5, as her ‘oldest.’

Did Nicole just make a mistake, or is she so estranged from her 21-year-old adopted daughter Isabella Cruise that she no longer mentions her?

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Secretiveoldfag,

I take your point about Cruise's oldest two children having an uphill climb to find their way in life.

The children were adopted at birth by Tom and Nicole -- Isabella in 1992 and Connor in 1995. Tom divorced Nicole in 2001 for "irreconcilable differences," when the kids were 9 and 6. The reasons for the divorce are unknown, although I'm sure Marty knows.

I have no idea how it happened, but Tom retained major custody of the children. It seems clear that Nicole's future contact with Isabella and Connor was dependent on her post-divorce silence about Tom and Scientology.

The kids were essentially motherless and cared for by Scientologist nannies for the next four years until Tom hooked up with Katie in 2005 and married her in 2006, when Suri was already a member of the family.

Money aside, Isabella's and Connor's upbringing is not what I'd wish for anyone I loved.

TG1

I have no axe to grind but IMO Tom's adoptees have turned out better than one might expect, so far, particularly compared with the average celebrity child; think Suri, Hilton, Smith, Geldorf. And I guess if most of us had to choose between working in PizzaHut to earn tuition fees or living on daddy and dabbling in art in London, we would take the money.

And I hate to say it but their Delphi education seems to have given them a certain stability...

TG1

Angelic Poster
I have no axe to grind but IMO Tom's adoptees have turned out better than one might expect, so far, particularly compared with the average celebrity child; think Suri, Hilton, Smith, Geldorf. And I guess if most of us had to choose between working in PizzaHut to earn tuition fees or living on daddy and dabbling in art in London, we would take the money.

And I hate to say it but their Delphi education seems to have given them a certain stability...

Excuse me, but HUH? Suri's not even eight years old yet. She hasn't "turned out" to be anything yet.

Suri does have the great advantage of attending an actual school at the moment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...avenues-private-school-chelsea_n_1737768.html

Any place that Isabella and Connor lived for multiple years in a row might have been stabilizing for them or not -- there's no way we could know that. But as far as the Cruise kids' unaccredited Delphi Hubbardian educations offering them a good launchpad for their futures, I wouldn't credit the school at all.

Here's some information about Delphi's educational results that Delphi won't share:

From https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060831201926AAB1zLV

"Delphi claims 96% of its students apply for admission to college. Included in a packet of explanatory and promotional material they provided me was a page entitled "Partial List of Colleges and Universities that have Accepted Delphi Graduates." I wrote each of the 35 U.S. schools on that list. Of the 27 that replied, only 3 acknowleged having received applications from Delphi students in recent years; 16 said either they had not received such applications or they could not consider them. For example, U.C. Santa Barbara said it "...does not accept students applying from Delphi Academy...because Delphi is not an accredited institution."

So, I researched secondary school accreditation in California. I had a correspondence with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions for the University of California, who told me U.C. recognizes only one accrediting agency: the Accrediting Commission for Schools. That organization wrote me to say Delphi is not accredited.

I contacted an official in the state department of education who told me the state does not accredit schools.

I wrote American College Testing, which replied, "Few if any Delphi students have taken the ACT test."

I wrote Educational Testing Service; unfortunately, they were unwilling to provide information about Delphi students' history with the SAT's."
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/mystory/stud...

This is a good website on the subject
http://www.studytech.org

In short, they don't realise any credible checkable statistics, and when they do they are shown to be dubious.

Experts in the Education field invariably don't like it at best.

This article will demonstrate this, and confirm what I said about the experts.
http://www.studytech.org/study_tech4.php

And the conclusion:
http://www.studytech.org/study_tech5.php

Here's another look at, some figures are mentioned, but it's from 1997.
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/mystory/delp...

Johanna Lemlech, a professor of education at USC specializing in curriculum and teaching, calls the books "awful." They "violate everything we know about how children learn, and appropriate pedagogy," she says. "In short, these books should be carefully placed in the cylindrical file."
http://www.studytech.org/archives/000008...

I also think you will find that for the teaching they follow and use the established curriculum as they have to by law, and so the study tech is nothing more than an unnecessary aid in their education. Thus their results should be around the same as other schools in similiar areas. I would also venture that you won't find a Delphi School sitting in the middle of a socially disadvantaged area.

So I did some research of my own looked it up on K12 website, found a Delphi School.

Within a 35 km radius of one of their schools the avg. for grade 10 math was 74%m, Delphi scored 67%

For english lang. / arts the avg. was 72.5% while Delphi got 73%, which sat in between the middle of the two closest schools, 68% and 81%. Those 2 schools both outdid Delphi on the whole, and are only 9 and 10 km away...

The two closest schools actually have more disadvantaged kids than delphi, although delphi did actually give the most stats on this.
http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/cs_c...

I tried to look at the Delphi Academies, but there were no results for the ones I looked at...​

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm curious. What do you base this opinion on, other than publicist's statements?
Do you know them personally?
I ask the question, because I believe the images the public has of these children of powerful celebrities are carefully crafted by publicists.

The public thought that Katie Holmes marriage to TC was idyllic until she broke free, as you will recall.

And if Connor and Isabella were forced, or encouraged to disconnect from Nicole, as appears to be the case, the nightmarish trauma of losing a parent that way would not auger well for healthy development.

It's not something auditing could repair, is it?

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

I'm curious. What do you base this opinion on, other than publicist's statements?
Do you know them personally?
I ask the question, because I believe the images the public has of these children of powerful celebrities are carefully crafted by publicists.

The public thought that Katie Holmes marriage to TC was idyllic until she broke free, as you will recall.

And if Connor and Isabella were forced, or encouraged to disconnect from Nicole, as appears to be the case, the nightmarish trauma of losing a parent that way would not auger well for healthy development.

It's not something auditing could repair, is it?

No I dont know Bella or Connor or Tom Cruise or Nicole Kidman personally; I'd be surprised if anyone posting here did. I get a lot of information from Google Images, mostly casual shots. The kids don't seem to have public persona; there is not a lot of news about them.

Admit Suri is only eight and getting a good education and plenty of hands-on care; there is hope. But Tom spoiled her stupid when she was younger.

I am well aware of the fact that Delphi's academic/educational standards are the pits. If 96 per cent apply for a college place I reckon 95.9 per cent are refused. Again I have no data to back this other than what is posted above. And I don't know if Bella and Connor were happy there but he at least seems self-confident and moderately talented. She on the other hand has lost a lot of weight and looks much happier since she left school. So I hope they both learn there is life outside the cult.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
No I dont know Bella or Connor or Tom Cruise or Nicole Kidman personally; I'd be surprised if anyone posting here did. I get a lot of information from Google Images, mostly casual shots. The kids don't seem to have public persona; there is not a lot of news about them.

Admit Suri is only eight and getting a good education and plenty of hands-on care; there is hope. But Tom spoiled her stupid when she was younger.

I am well aware of the fact that Delphi's academic/educational standards are the pits. If 96 per cent apply for a college place I reckon 95.9 per cent are refused. Again I have no data to back this other than what is posted above. And I don't know if Bella and Connor were happy there but he at least seems self-confident and moderately talented. She on the other hand has lost a lot of weight and looks much happier since she left school. So I hope they both learn there is life outside the cult.

Fair enough. So we don't know what's up with them,

but have opinions.

I hope that Bella and Connor get out, and their father is faced with the choice of disconnecting from them or leaving the cult.

MissWog

I wouldn't say Paris & Nicki Hilton are doing too shabby.. They have a solid brand here in the states and make millions off their perfume and shoe lines. So do the Kardashian klan.. We don't have royals we have socialites.

As as for the Smith kids.. They have major major talent but they are weird.. Not that I know anything but how they are turning out seems very much inline with raising children as adults who are just waiting for their bodies to catch up. But they are extremely talented!

As for Tom's kids.. I have no opinion.. At least they played soccer when they were young and dad was at their games.

BunnySkull

I wouldn't say Paris & Nicki Hilton are doing too shabby.. They have a solid brand here in the states and make millions off their perfume and shoe lines. So do the Kardashian klan.. We don't have royals we have socialites.

As as for the Smith kids.. They have major major talent but they are weird.. Not that I know anything but how they are turning out seems very much inline with raising children as adults who are just waiting for their bodies to catch up. But they are extremely talented!

As for Tom's kids.. I have no opinion.. At least they played soccer when they were young and dad was at their games.

If we are honest, Isebella couldn't be a Hilton or Kardashian, in the sense that for Hollywood she doesn't have the Barbie doll looks or figure to even play that game. I think that is a major reason we haven't seen some of the behavior typically associated with the celebutards, her weight and looks rule that scene out.

However, her brother Conner is more typically LA handsome and I would put him right up there with the celebutards but since he is a guy he is held to a different standard. He doesn't get the same tongue wagging in the tabs for basically making money partying at clubs across the globe with his posse, the attention and tsk-tskings is usually saved for the girls doing the same thing.

Leland

Crusader
I don't know why I always think of this woman when I think of this subject.

Does anyone but me watch "Law & Order SVU"?

Is anyone else familiar with Olivia Benson, played by Mariska Hargitay?

Who has been in that role week after week for many years? Who has won numerous awards for her performance in that role?

TV is low on the food chain in the entertainment community. TV people who work in long time shows are work horses, compared to the divas who will only do movies. They are kind of looked down on as not being in The Special Club.

Do you know who Mariska Hargitay's mother is?

Jayne Mansfield.

And you probably didn't know that.

Which is kind of....my point.

There are people who have famous celebrity parents who make it on their own merits.

Gentlemen Prefer Blonds is on tV. I can certainly see Mariska in her mother, Jane Mansfield.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
And it seems to me just as wrong to label a child as an idle drifter when their entire life experience to date has been within an abusive cult.

How would Tom know anything about getting an education? He never had one.

It all comes down to WANTING to have an education, and WANTING to be independent, enough that you are then willing to DO something about it.

You don't need college to be educated. Indeed, outside of technical subjects, you are better off staying away from college and reading the Great Books, rather than being subjected to four years of "race, class and gender" studies. Go to the Project Gutenberg site, download the works of Aristotle, Voltaire, Machiavelli and the rest. There are lots of places on the internet where people can have discussions of philosophy, history, ethics, and other subjects. One can get a comprehensive education from just sitting in the sun in a park, reading, and do it for free.

There is no excuse for not being educated. There is only lack of will.

It all comes down to WANTING to have an education, and WANTING to be independent, enough that you are then willing to DO something about it.

You don't need college to be educated. Indeed, outside of technical subjects, you are better off staying away from college and reading the Great Books, rather than being subjected to four years of "race, class and gender" studies. Go to the Project Gutenberg site, download the works of Aristotle, Voltaire, Machiavelli and the rest. There are lots of places on the internet where people can have discussions of philosophy, history, ethics, and other subjects. One can get a comprehensive education from just sitting in the sun in a park, reading, and do it for free.

The "better off staying away college" idea keeps some people uneducated. When such people, TC, for example, have kids, they probably pass on that ignint idea to their kids. They probably think that their kids are getting a fabulous education hearing whatever crap they have to share, including the idea that you are better off out of college.

BunnySkull

The "better off staying away college" idea keeps some people uneducated. When such people, TC, for example, have kids, they probably pass on that ignint idea to their kids. They probably think that their kids are getting a fabulous education hearing whatever crap they have to share, including the idea that you are better off out of college.

Its available but few people have the passion, raw intelligence, ambition and discipline to be a true autodidact. Sadly Scios would consider themselves autodidact by reading Hubbard and conspiracy BS. Besides there is a big difference between reading the western cannon and UNDERSTANDING the western cannon, one of the reason colleges were deemed necessary for many - guidance and debate of ideas to fully expore the ideas in the cannon.

A Great liberal education based on the western cannon is still very much available at university to those who want it - it's a choice too. Mark down History and ideals of ancient Greece, any serious literature course and constitutional law rather than "bowling" and "film studies" in your course catalog.

Given the Cruise kids' status and money the possibilities are endless to what they could be doing. But flitting around, spending Dad's money and remaining in good standing cult members is an entirely underwhelming, rather pathetic choice given the alternatives.

(I think Ronan Farrow is a excellent example of a what the child of celebrities can accomplish, even with a turbulent childhood. (His parents bitter, public divorce, accusations of child molestation against his father and then forced visits with him that Ronan bitterly opposed until he was old enough to choose to have nothing to do with his Dad.) Ronan was attending an Ivy League University at age 14, he worked on UN humanitarin projects & spent long periods in Africa becoming an effective activist against the genocide in Darfur as a teenager. graduated Yale Law School in his early 20's then continued his humanitarian work and activism via the UN and working for the state dept. His recent turn as a national reporter on MSNBC is probably the least of his accomplishments. Granted, he is an exception but he could have also easily lived off his parents fame and money while bemoaning his childhood.)

Last edited: