What's new

Breaking: Rathbun v Miscavige -- Defendants Filed In Appeals Court - Feb 14, 2014

Leland

Crusader
Re: Breaking: Rathbun v Miscavige -- Defendants Filed In Appeals Court - Feb 14, 20

I was detained by the KGB twice. Firearms were not involved either time.

:hide:

My nephew is married to a Moscow girl. Her mother tells of how careful she must be in what she writes about cultural events in Moscow for the paper she works for.

Udarnik are you Russian and did you leave? Or still live there? If you don't mind personal questions.

My older sister was a well known Mathematician. Her field was Topology.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
Re: Breaking: Rathbun v Miscavige -- Defendants Filed In Appeals Court - Feb 14, 20

I was going to ask if you were in the KGB but this answer could go into a whole new thread. Unless, of course, it is too touchy or still a hot item.

I was detained by the KGB twice. Firearms were not involved either time.

:hide:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

No. What dreams I remember are usually confusing, disturbing or both.

I was just a bit curious as I have found that when I have 'flight at night dreams' which is not that often recently, I wake up very refreshed and cheerful.

Side stepping back into the topic of this thread I am dreaming of more flight with each success of Mosey in her court case. :yes:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

My nephew is married to a Moscow girl. Her mother tells of how careful she must be in what she writes about cultural events in Moscow for the paper she works for.

Udarnik are you Russian and did you leave? Or still live there? If you don't mind personal questions.

My older sister was a well known Mathematician. Her field was Topology.

I'm about as 'Murrican as they come. My mom's side has been in the country for over 400 years, one ancestor fought in the Revolution. My daughter can join the DAR though that. I would love to see their faces when they read her whole name out on her application, including the Chinese part. :biggrin:

My dad's side emigrated here from Prussia and Pomerania between 1860 and 1880.

I was in the USSR from 1989 - 1991. The latter half of that was in Lithuania. I lived through this, even though State told me to get my ass outta dodge.

The firearm dreams are usually me in a firefight with no bullets or bullets that hit and bounce off. I have an idea they stem from watching the events of those days with no way to defend myself.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

No. They usually involve firearms and / or the KGB.

jeez, throw in bikini clad models along with those two ingredients and those are the best dreams!! Add a motorcycle and ...

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

jeez, throw in bikini clad models along with those two ingredients and those are the best dreams!! Add a motorcycle and ...

That's not a dream, that's a James Bond flick. :biggrin:

I was just a bit curious as I have found that when I have 'flight at night dreams' which is not that often recently, I wake up very refreshed and cheerful.

Side stepping back into the topic of this thread I am dreaming of more flight with each success of Mosey in her court case. :yes:
I don't have flight dreams but I do have skiing dreams, and the motion is close to flying. What is odd is how many of them are night skiing. They usually involve going up the lifts, sometimes on steep moguly slopes, other times with grass poking through the wet snow. But many times it's just flying down the slopes with lots of long swooping turns.

I skied a lot as a kid growing up, and try to get in a few days of skiing each year. The last time I went I got hit on my first run, two times by snowboarders. It took weeks to recover from the second hit. He ran into me from behind and I fell on him and his upturned knee hit my low back at my kidney. It was his first time out and he, in his mid twenties, had no idea how to stop or turn.

Mimsey

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't have flight dreams but I do have skiing dreams, and the motion is close to flying. What is odd is how many of them are night skiing. They usually involve going up the lifts, sometimes on steep moguly slopes, other times with grass poking through the wet snow. But many times it's just flying down the slopes with lots of long swooping turns.

I skied a lot as a kid growing up, and try to get in a few days of skiing each year. The last time I went I got hit on my first run, two times by snowboarders. It took weeks to recover from the second hit. He ran into me from behind and I fell on him and his upturned knee hit my low back at my kidney. It was his first time out and he, in his mid twenties, had no idea how to stop or turn.

Mimsey

The skiing sounds like fun but it is true you have to watch out for those Chair men of the boards. Especially if they are carrying an 8 pointed cross and claim immunity from depositions. Pure idiots recklessly heading downhill faster everyday.

Hope you recovered completely.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Rathbun v Miscavige -- Mandamus Petition (Appeal) -- Hearing Soon - Yay!

This current tussle @ the TX 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals is about whether or not Judge Waldrip overstepped his judicial authority in connection with his Order to permit a severely narrowed deposition of Captain David Miscavige.

If the Appeal Court (3 judges) agree with TeamRathbun, as a practical matter, it only means that Judge Waldrip's Order will be valid. :)

Judge Waldrip's Order only permits TeamRathbun to ask Miscavige questions* that relate to one topic: jurisdiction. Nothing else, folks.

The primary reason Judge Waldrip originally issued his Order was to (finally!) obtain specific information about DM/RTC so that he, Judge Waldrip, can decide for himself whether or not he has legal authority over DM/RTC. Remember, DM/RTC both strenuously reject the label 'defendant'.

If the Appeals Court upholds Judge Waldrip's Order; and,
if the severely narrowed deposition of DM occurs; then,
Judge Waldrip's next task is to decide whether or not he has legal authority (jurisdiction) over DM/RTC.

If Judge Waldrip decides that, yes, enough evidence exists to show that DM/RTC are properly/legally required to answer the charges in his courtroom, he will issue his decision. <----We can all expect TeamRTC+DM will file an immediate appeal @ the TX 3rd Circuit again.

Leslie Hyman's Response was especially uplifting to me today because it was very well-written, but more than that, it quelled a few concerns I had about whether TeamRathbun would be able to effectively argue @ the appellate level in Texas. Those concerns are greatly diminished. :)

Thanks to all for posting the comments from "The Bunker" over here. :thumbsup:
Such information sure helps to untangle legal knots.

JB

*Not to imply that a transcript of a severely narrowed deposition of Miscavige won't provide lulz. <---That's a sure thing.:yes:

Just wanted to let everyone know that our own LoneStar (<----:clap:) has posted that there will be 4 (or more) extra sets of eyes/ears in the Austin courtroom for the hearing on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 @ 1:30 p.m.

The appellate panel is tasked with deciding whether Judge Waldrip's Order to have Captain David Miscavige (nee Miskiewicz) narrowly deposed is an abuse of his (Waldrip's) discretion.

TeamRTC+DM is also expected to argue* that neither RTC nor DM are legally required to remain as named parties in this lawsuit because they are beyond the legal jurisdiction of Judge Waldrip's court.
In their filed papers, TeamRTC+DM attorneys referred to their clients as Special Appearance Defendants ("SAD"). <-----:yes:LOL.

Musing about the hearing itself, I can't wait to hear how the TeamRTC+DM attorney explains that, on the one hand, DM should not be deposed because he's a "pope" but, on the other hand, he's already been deposed in another civil litigation. That explanation requires tap shoes, folks.

This Petition was filed on Valentine's Day and roughly 7 weeks later it's set for a hearing.
That's relatively quick...but then, there's nothing in the Rules that says the appellate panel has to issue their ruling by a certain date.
Still, I think this ruling will come before June 15, 2014.
And I think they will rule against TeamRTC+DM.

Popcorn @ the ready,

JB

ETA *They're going to try to argue this point even though it's not 'technically' ripe for this hearing.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

Captain David Miscavige (nee Miskiewicz)

Miskiewicz??

Is this the wee man's real name?

:lol:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Rathbun v Miscavige - Mandamus Appeal Re: Order to Depose Miscavige

Captain David Miscavige (nee Miskiewicz)

Miskiewicz??

Is this the wee man's real name?

:lol:

Yes...according to his father's new book which was the subject of yesterday's story @ The Underground Bunker.
(Years ago, lots of people newly-arrived to America changed their surnames, but today?
Miskiewicz looks/sounds more "American" than Miscavige.)

JB

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Re: Rathbun v Miscavige - Mandamus Appeal Re: Order to Depose Miscavige

Yes...according to his father's new book which was the subject of yesterday's story @ The Underground Bunker.
(Years ago, lots of people newly-arrived to America changed their surnames, but today?
Miskiewicz looks/sounds more "American" than Miscavige.)

JB

WHAT? A few years ago, I made a joke here on ESMB, saying that I'd prefer the Czech spelling: "Dawitch Miczciewicz". I can't believe that I unintentionally got so close to the truth. :faint:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Rathbun v Miscavige - Mandamus Appeal Re: Order to Depose Miscavige

WHAT? A few years ago, I made a joke here on ESMB, saying that I'd prefer the Czech spelling: "Dawitch Miczciewicz". I can't believe that I unintentionally got so close to the truth. :faint:

Bravo, MrNobody!

FunFact: The word 'miscavige' means 'terrified of deposition' (aka 'scaredy-pants depositionphobe'). :yes:

JB

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mimsey

And the two guys either side of you have dreams on receiving oral sex?