What's new

Flag Down 2014

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
The venue for the Flagdown event is here:

Minnreg Hall, 6340 126th Avenue North, Clearwater, Florida.

Start: 6:30 p.m. Monday 5th May.

Last edited:

FoTi

Crusader
THIS IS EXCITING. :happydance::buzzin:

Wish I could be there. I hope there is a huge turnout and lots of press and publicity of this event. :yes:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
OMG. This is 'it'.

I have felt for years that I would outlive Scientology, but... goodness me! I never expected the rain of blows that have fallen in the last couple of years. And now this?

Sweet, sweet justice.

billyd

Patron with Honors
Fuck im so happy i cant stop crying. what a release. at last the world will know the truth. Flag down, will blow them away.

Every ex must support this effort.Its time to make a stand. if you cant be there donate to help those that can. There is no time like the present. This is it. the beginning of the end.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
The venue for the Flagdown event is here:
Minnreg Hall, 6340 126th Avenue North, Clearwater, Florida.
Start - 6pm Monday 5th May.

Minnreg Hall is actually in Largo, 10 miles SE of downtown Clearwater near the metro airport. I'm sure those in charge at Minnreg are being slammed hard with threats & intimidation by the cult to cancel the event.

billyd

Patron with Honors
Minnreg Hall is actually in Largo, 10 miles SE of downtown Clearwater near the metro airport. I'm sure those in charge at Minnreg are being slammed hard with threats & intimidation by the cult to cancel the event.
I am sure they are. They need our support. Please donate contact Pete Griffith and pledge help.now is the time to act. Be an SP

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Flag Down 2014 Facebook Page

Flag Down 2014 Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/322669541207647/

946043_10152363209178275_1154584869_n.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Minnreg Hall is actually in Largo, 10 miles SE of downtown Clearwater near the metro airport.

<snip>

I can see why you say that but it really IS part of Clearwater.

(If you do a google search you'll see it come up as a Clearwater address)

The border of Clearwater is kind of strange, extending south of Largo and splitting Dunedin to the north.

EDIT: I take that back about "splitting Dunedin to the north". Apparently that's the town of Safety Harbor on the northeast border of Clearwater and not Dunedin.

pinellas_map.png

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I can see why you say that but it really IS part of Clearwater. (If you do a google search you'll see it come up as a Clearwater address)

The website for Minnreg Hall lists it being in Largo, but I agree, the boundaries in Pinellas are blurred.

Banquets, Weddings, Meetings, Exhibits, Shows, Indoor RC Track, Building Rental - 6340 126th Ave., Largo, FL 33773-1820

http://www.minnreg.com

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Sounds like they need to apply the Confusion Formula: "Find out where you are" :biggrin:

It's no different than living in LA. There are proud people in the burbs like Burbank & North Hollywood who will get beyond pissed if you say they are in Los Angeles. :biggrin:

Leland

Crusader
I've donated a bit to this cause.

Does anyone know if there will be a protest at the Flag Land Base?
Does anyone know if, since there will be a large crowd, a permit from local police will be needed.
Does anyone know if this is the case, it has been obtained.

Thanks

Leland

Crusader
I can see why you say that but it really IS part of Clearwater.

(If you do a google search you'll see it come up as a Clearwater address)

The border of Clearwater is kind of strange, extending south of Largo and splitting Dunedin to the north.

EDIT: I take that back about "splitting Dunedin to the north". Apparently that's the town of Safety Harbor on the northeast border of Clearwater and not Dunedin.

pinellas_map.png

Were they unable to get a venue in downtown clearwater?

10 miles away......is not really in Clearwater IMO

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I've donated a bit to this cause.

Does anyone know if there will be a protest at the Flag Land Base?
Does anyone know if, since there will be a large crowd, a permit from local police will be needed.
Does anyone know if this is the case, it has been obtained.

Thanks
http://www.flagdown.org/mega-raid/
Flag Down 2014 Mega Raid Protest - Saturday May 10, 2014

There will be a peaceful anti-Scientology protest in downtown Clearwater, Florida on Saturday May 10, 2014.

This will be a daytime protest, but the exact start and stop times have not been decided yet.

Please continue to check back to this site for further information on this protest.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Does anyone know if, since there will be a large crowd, a permit from local police will be needed. Does anyone know if this is the case, it has been obtained.

One does not need a permit to protest anywhere in Clearwater. It is wise, however, to notify the CPD of your presence, so they have cops monitoring the scene, which encourages the Sci-bots, in most cases, to behave themselves.