What's new

Australia: Church of Scientology drug rehab centre rejected

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Interesting that they considered it to be more of a "religious" than a scientific process.

Scientology ~ religion? *scoff*

At least they didn't think of it as scientific.

That should please Udarnik to no end?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think even the cult expected this, especially after they got smashed at Warburton in their efforts to infiltrate there.:roflmao:

They'd even told the real estate agent they bought it via, that they had alternate uses lined up for it.:omg:

I'm wondering if the Runt Usurper is going to visit His latest piece of real estate while He's here on ribbon-slashing duty this weekend?:hmm:

Place should be nicely flooded given the rain we've had here in the last week - property's probably inaccessible as I write this:biggrin:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Interesting that they considered it to be more of a "religious" than a scientific process.

Scientology ~ religion? *scoff*

At least they didn't think of it as scientific.

That should please Udarnik to no end?

The good citizens of Yarramalong, like the citizens of Warburton before them, painstakingly educated their councillors on the NarCONon program:biggrin:

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.:thumbsup:

So Drunken Maggot has yet another piece of over-priced real estate to add to his portfolio - this one I pretty much useless for anything $cientological except maybe a weekend hideaway for lucky folk. Or a covert RPF's RPF in a scenic wonderland.:omg:

Methinks this is part of some divestment plan to get that income down for the IRS so that cult can still claim to be a "Church." Nothing about this plan for a NarCONon has made sense since the beginning.:hmm:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think even the cult expected this, especially after they got smashed at Warburton in their efforts to infiltrate there.:roflmao:

They'd even told the real estate agent they bought it via, that they had alternate uses lined up for it.:omg:

I'm wondering if the Runt Usurper is going to visit His latest piece of real estate while He's here on ribbon-slashing duty this weekend?:hmm:

Place should be nicely flooded given the rain we've had here in the last week - property's probably inaccessible as I write this:biggrin:

What kind of "alternate use" are we talkin' here? This isn't some sort of cult is it? We don't want no stinkin' cults setting up their clubhouses, and bringing their weird kooky ideas, out here in the antipodes. :wink2:

Fuck you OSA!

A nice round of applause for the good citizens of both of Yarramalong and Warburton. Thank you!

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Well they cannot have " the hole " like at Int.... very well in the city? C of s has that fairly remote place outside of Toronto, and this remote property in Australia. It concerns me that c of s would set up these remote properties. :grouch:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
What kind of "alternate use" are we talkin' here? This isn't some sort of cult is it? We don't want no stinkin' cults setting up their clubhouses, and bringing their weird kooky ideas, out here in the antipodes. :wink2:

Fuck you OSA!

A nice round of applause for the good citizens of both of Yarramalong and Warburton. Thank you!

The "alternate" uses as told to me were some sort of kids camp (maybe Cadet Org?) or an event space for up to 500 over a weekend -neither of which would fly as far as the council is concerned.

That came from minions talking to real estate agent.

They own the property now so I guess "we" wait to see what they do with it.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
From the new article in Post #1 of this thread...

Councillor Eaton says ABLE still has the right to appeal against the decision in the Land and Environment Court.
"The reason I am slightly concerned about it is that they have gone ahead and purchased the land," he said.
"Mind you if they do go to court, Council will obviously fight the case and try to prove our refusal was proper."

Does anyone know the time limit within which an appeal must be submitted?

Well done, Aussies!:clap::thumbsup::clap:

JB

Jump

Operating teatime
I'm so tickled that the use was denied BECAUSE of religion :lol:

The locals educated the councilors so well, they were able to turn the religion/not-a-religion Mobius strip to advantage.

WELL DONE!

Mobius_Strip.png

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
PP, here in Croatia - I have found 2 places that sell NN thing, but each time when I call they transfer me to a Hungarian / Croatian speaking person.... me thinks they are in Hungary... is there a way we can do some research together?:whistling:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Fuck you OSA!

They need a remote location where no-one can hear the screams to do the re-educa....er, I mean, "introspection r/d" on anyone trying to escape. They used to do it on a ranch in Young, then when that place was no longer available, they tried it at the Dundas base in Sydney but someone heard the screams and called the police. Big flap. Life destroyed. Big lawsuit still to come.

Go ahead. Call me a cynic.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This is terrific news. I posted it all over Facebook, including many many Narconon managed pages

Australia: Church of Scientology drug rehab centre rejected

A plan for a controversial Church of Scientology drug rehabilitation centre on the New South Wales Central Coast has been rejected.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-30/drug-reject/5421756
" the rehab process it that it is more of a religious process than it is a medical process" Thank you PannonPan for reporting this
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...rch-of-Scientology-drug-rehab-centre-rejected

secretiveoldfag

PP, here in Croatia - I have found 2 places that sell NN thing, but each time when I call they transfer me to a Hungarian / Croatian speaking person.... me thinks they are in Hungary... is there a way we can do some research together?:whistling:

This would be a useful project but Anonycat pointed out in the 2013 thread that Narconon is run as a franchise and anyone can start up any time.

WWP has a list but it dates from 2009:
https://whyweprotest.net/community/...official-narconon-centres-in-the-world.39734/

Breaking Point (AnonyMary) probably has a list. http://reachingforthetippingpoint.net/

A few Narconon centres were included in this list (2013):
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...lly-in&p=784042&highlight=narconon#post784042

Finally I went there and did it myself! List of European centres in next thread. I have also posted it separately as Narconon in Europe.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

From Narconon's own site:

Eastern US: 5
Western US: 9
Canada: 1 (Vancouver)
Latin America: 6
UK: one freephone no (0800 169 4803). Does anyone know where it rings?
Rest of Europe including Israel: 22
Australia and Asia: 3 (Melbourne, Victoria, Taiwan)
Africa: 5 (S.A. x 2, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana)

Total 51 (but this includes several information centres)

FOR DETAILED LIST SEE NEW THREAD: NARCONON IN EUROPE 2014

Last edited:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
They need a remote location where no-one can hear the screams to do the re-educa....er, I mean, "introspection r/d" on anyone trying to escape. They used to do it on a ranch in Young, then when that place was no longer available, they tried it at the Dundas base in Sydney but someone heard the screams and called the police. Big flap. Life destroyed. Big lawsuit still to come.

Go ahead. Call me a cynic.

Can't possibly call you a cynic when all you've done is notice the patterns of this evil monster. The scary thought is you could very well be right.

I went to the ranch in Young (Pollards) after I attested to clear. It was a beautiful location. I'd forgotten about that. The cult used him (Ron Pollard) so much cos he had money. He was the man that put up the money for the Christhchurch mission in the late '80s that I was heavily involved with. He also paid for all the training of the new staff, myself included. God he was used.

Anyway just some ancient memories that wandered back into my head.

What a dangerous scam this beast is!

Jump

Operating teatime
Can't possibly call you a cynic when all you've done is notice the patterns of this evil monster. The scary thought is you could very well be right.

I went to the ranch in Young (Pollards) after I attested to clear. It was a beautiful location. I'd forgotten about that. The cult used him (Ron Pollard) so much cos he had money. He was the man that put up the money for the Christhchurch mission in the late '80s that I was heavily involved with. He also paid for all the training of the new staff, myself included. God he was used.

Anyway just some ancient memories that wandered back into my head.

What a dangerous scam this beast is!

2011 thread on the passing of Ron Pollard:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?23453-Ron-Pollard-was-a-friend-of-mine

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Narconon's own site:

Eastern US: 5
Western US: 9
Canada: 1 (Vancouver)
Latin America: 6
UK: one freephone no (0800 169 4803). Does anyone know where it rings?
Rest of Europe including Israel: 22
Australia and Asia: 3 (Melbourne, Victoria, Taiwan)
Africa: 5 (S.A. x 2, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana)

Total 51 (but this includes several information centres)

FOR DETAILED LIST SEE NEW THREAD: NARCONON IN EUROPE 2014

Melbourne and Victoria are one and the same.

Interesting that they don't list Nepal anymore - closed down? Taiwan is a small NarCONon inside a Buddhist monastery and NN Melbourne/Victoria/Australia is struggling so badly they don't always pay their staff.