What's new

David Miscavige is very intelligent and reads a LOT of books

Gib

Crusader
Well a lot of water has passed down the toilet since I worked with him (and that was brief). I don't think that he is below average in intelligence but I also don;t think he is in any sort of gifted territory either.

In one area he does seem to have great intelligence is in manipulating the power lines and groupings of totalitarian organizations. He really did know how to work it.

But to be honest, even until now I have never figured out what he is aiming toward. I think - and this is my opinion only - he felt that he was the only one who could really see what needed to be done to keep scientology moving forward. I think that initially his ham fisted tough guy approach was probably what was needed - But after that phase passed - he really had nothing else to fall back on and he really has been winging it ever since. I suspect (without proof) that there may be an attorney or two whom he listens to - there is someone or someones whose opinions he listens to or at least he bounces his ideas off.

I don't think that his driving force is squeezing the faithful, I think he sees himself as "Ozymandias" - and I leave the reader to look up the reference.

I'd agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozymandias

"The central theme of "Ozymandias" is contrasting the inevitable decline of all leaders and of the empires they build with their pretensions to greatness.[SUP][10]"

which of course is the same with LRH,

and which falls back to the 3 means of persuasion from Aristotle, and the one in particular is "ethos", or appeal to persuade from the DM's character or greatness, or reputation, or PR,

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/12/21/classical-rhetoric-101-the-three-means-of-persuasion/

One can tell of his "ethos" from a lie or truth, and convince people to the truth or lie.

And where did we fail, by,

by not researching the truth of DM's training, competence, etc.

Substitute DM with LRH, and you got the same thing.

Or in other words, we never did a due diligence on LRH nor DM.

Why, it's all a mystery. LOL

Until actual people like you Mick, have told their story. And only then can we compare and view the words vs the actions. [/SUP]

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozymandias

"The central theme of "Ozymandias" is contrasting the inevitable decline of all leaders and of the empires they build with their pretensions to greatness.[SUP][10]"

which of course is the same with LRH,

and which falls back to the 3 means of persuasion from Aristotle, and the one in particular is "ethos", or appeal to persuade from the DM's character or greatness, or reputation, or PR,

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/12/21/classical-rhetoric-101-the-three-means-of-persuasion/

One can tell of his "ethos" from a lie or truth, and convince people to the truth or lie.

And where did we fail, by,

by not researching the truth of DM's training, competence, etc.

Substitute DM with LRH, and you got the same thing.

Or in other words, we never did a due diligence on LRH nor DM.

Why, it's all a mystery. LOL

Until actual people like you Mick, have told their story. And only then can we compare and view the words vs the actions. [/SUP]

It is interesting that the poem you describe by Shelley precedes the recent discovery of Hubris as a psychological phenomenon. http://www.bbc.com/news/health-19842100

6 October 2012 Last updated at 04:06 GMT
Share this page

The psychology of the powerful
By Philippa Roxby Health reporter, BBC News

World leaders are often accused of hubris, of wielding power in arrogant and self-serving ways.

Leaders and managers in public life rarely escape criticism when they make unpopular decisions either. "The power has gone to his head" is an oft-heard accusation.

So are leaders losing touch with reality when they act in a power-hungry way?

According to psychologist Guy Claxton, professor of learning sciences at the University of Winchester, their actions could be to do with "a disorder of intelligence".

At a Royal Society of Medicine conference this week, entitled The Intoxication Of Power, Prof Claxton says that human intelligence is made up of four different mental systems working in harmony.

When one of these systems is not used, the decision-making process can become unreliable and potentially dangerous.
Continue reading the main story

Instead of analysing actions, checking through the consequences of those actions and chatting through the decisions made, leaders too often rely on impulsive decision-making - and this is when hubris can set in.

"None of these systems is infallible. You need a jazz quartet of them to achieve full human intelligence," Prof Claxton says.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I take it all back.

David Miscavige is a fucking genius.

David, you are so smart and so wiley, you'd ace that Mosey deposition.

Go on David, you so clever.

You are so theta. You should totally do it.

Go on Davey boy.

Do eeeet.

FoTi

Crusader
A life in exile in Columbia with a lot of money and a corrupt government is not an intelligent choice.

I didn't say anything about him going to Columbia.

This is where you lose me. I don't think he wants to destroy his cash cow and live in exile in Columbia. He may do if he has no choice, but he wants the money, the celebrity friends the slaves and the freedom of living in America.

He has the money already. What celebrities is he hobnobbing with these days? He can take his slaves with him if he leaves. The U.S. appears to be quickly losing it's freedom.

We all want a healthy body AND we want the ice cream.

That's true. :biggrin: But...that doesn't work for me. :no:

DM wants Scientology to work AND he wants to suck the life out of people.

I can't see that DM wants Scientology to work, but I do see that he wants to suck the life out of people.

He actions are inconsistent with reality.

Yeah....he's a batshit crazy psychopath.

You are right there. He knows where this is going, but he doesn't have the intelligence to fix it. More importantly, he didn't have the foresight to not be involved with activities that he should not have been involved with.

DM is a dictator.....dictators do whatever they please.

DM is corrupt....and has gained absolute power over the organization. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The internet does not work in his favour. The last 6 years have been the worst thing that has ever happened to Scientology.

I said this from the viewpoint of the possibility that he might want everyone out of Scientology so that he can have all the cookies for himself.....it was just an idea, not that it's true.

There is so much money in offshore accounts. If he wanted out, he would have made Marty king years ago, quietly left with most of the money (like a certain Enron exec who is a big landowner in Colarado now).

He doesn't want Marty to be king if he isn't done with whatever he's doing....I don't think he will ever let anyone take over Scientology ..... and give up all the control of the assets? :no:

If they are helping, why persecute them?

To keep up appearances? If he doesn't appear to be fighting the SPs, who will believe him and who is going to donate money toward the cause? And because he likes to harass, torment and hurt people? DM constantly persecutes people who help him....look at how he treats his loyal staff members. You think DM is into really rewarding anyone who helps him? He treats his slaves like dirt.

I'm not saying any of this is true.....just thinking about possibilities.

FoTi

Crusader
Those that victimize others also become a victim. And he is likewise trapped in Hubbard's house of horrors and madness. If he moved to lower bulgravia, what would he put on his resume?

"I used to be the caretaker of a greedy criminal cult founded by a madman" ?

Good luck with that.

Who needs a resume when one has access to billions of dollars to spend as one wishes?

stevethewog

I find the fact that Captain David (Slappy) McSavage is only 5'1" tall fascinating ! Can I get others to verify this?
How can he be bully, when he is so short?:coolwink:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I find the fact that Captain David (Slappy) McSavage is only 5'1" tall fascinating ! Can I get others to verify this?

By surrounding himself with complacent/compliant thugs, toadies, and mercenaries, controlling the purse-strings, and keeping his herd under an umbrella of fear for 'losing one's eternity', all the fun stuff cult leaders enjoy the benefits of... :grouch:

FoTi

Crusader

Anyone who tries to fight back would receive severe punishment....RPF, RPF's RPF, locked up in the Hole, thrown in the shit pond, etc. He can do whatever he wants to people in the Sea Org because he has his loyal minions and body guards to back him up and protect him from those who might want to fight back. He's the CoS mafia boss.

It appears that his life purpose is to control and torture others.

Gib

Crusader
Anyone who tries to fight back would receive severe punishment....RPF, RPF's RPF, locked up in the Hole, thrown in the shit pond, etc. He can do whatever he wants to people in the Sea Org because he has his loyal minions and body guards to back him up and protect him from those who might want to fight back. He's the CoS mafia boss.

It appears that his life purpose is to control and torture others.

DM can do that to SO members, and not always, and he can't always do it to public. Depends on the total belief I reckon of a person.

For example, he tried to make Geir Isene ED of the org somewhere over seas from the USA, I forget now, several years ago now.

Geir refused. LOL

DM walked away in a huff and buff. LOL

I'm sure Cat Daddy can find the story. It's probably on Geirs blog.